Options

Any wrestling fans?

Comments

• Options
    Gary CarterGary Carter Shea Stadium Posts: 14,002
    what the hell is the difference between ecw/raw/smackdown/throwdown/wwe/etc?
    ECW sucks its basically vinnny mac way of getting fans to not watch TNA. raw sucks and shitdown has been bad for years now. TNA is the only wrestling i watch now. they have better wrestlers and they all dont have a cheesy sayin. TNA ppv's are the best i ahve seen in about 5 years.
    Ron: I just don't feel like going out tonight
    Sammi: Wanna just break up?

• Options
    PatrickBatemanPatrickBateman Posts: 2,243
    ECW sucks its basically vinnny mac way of getting fans to not watch TNA. raw sucks and shitdown has been bad for years now. TNA is the only wrestling i watch now. they have better wrestlers and they all dont have a cheesy sayin. TNA ppv's are the best i ahve seen in about 5 years.

Still doesn't help....oh well

I took my son to last Saturdays match...while I am not much of a fan anymore, it was entertaining at least. The Generation X vs Riverdance cheerleaderd was a bit anti-climatic after the Cena/Edge match, though. And there was a chick matrch where they were ripping each others clothes off....that in itself was entertaining.

here are a few photos:
    http://s64.photobucket.com/albums/h161/patrick00bateman/
    If a man speaks in a forest and there is no woman around to hear him, is he still wrong?
  • Options
    Still doesn't help....oh well

I took my son to last Saturdays match...while I am not much of a fan anymore, it was entertaining at least. The Generation X vs Riverdance cheerleaderd was a bit anti-climatic after the Cena/Edge match, though. And there was a chick matrch where they were ripping each others clothes off....that in itself was entertaining.

here are a few photos:
    http://s64.photobucket.com/albums/h161/patrick00bateman/
    what do you need help with. cool photos

• Options
    AxlUlrichAxlUlrich Posts: 12,652
    thanks for the pics!
    always nice to see a bloody Cena :D
    LIVERPOOL FC -18 time League Champions-15 time Charity Shield Holders-7 time League Cup Winners-7 time FA Cup Winners-5 time European Champions-4 time UEFA Cup Winners-3 time European Super Cup Winners-1 time World Super Cup Winners

Walk on with hope in your heart
    YNWA
  • Options
    Carlos DCarlos D Posts: 638
    Wow,I never new how stupid Lex Luger was.This is from his MySpace page and only one question:Hasn't he ever heard of the caps lock button?

HAVE BEEN RECIEVING QUESTION AFTER QUESTION ABOUT THE WWE. SO IM GOING TO ANSWER AND TELL EVERYONE ABOUT THE WWE. I PERSONALY THINK THAT THE WWE PRODUCT IS GARBAGE! YOUR CHAMPS FOR THE LAST FEW MONTHS HAVE BEEN JOHN CENA. AND REY MYSTERIO? CENA IS A JOKE AND REY HAS THE WORLD TITLE BECAUSE EDDIE DIED AND BECAUSE RANDY ORTON IS A IDIOT. IE RANDY WAS GOING TO WIN THE BELT OFF OF REY BUT HE GOT SUSPENDED. SMACKDOWN IS WORSE THEN THE OLD WCW THUNDER DAYS. COME ON YOU HAVE A WORLD CHAMP THAT IS MAYBE 200 LBS. ITS GARBAGE AND IT IS A SLAP IN THE FACE HAVING THIS PERSON WEARING THE WORLD TITLE. ITS AS SHITTY AS A STORY LINE AS ARQUETTE WINNING THE BELT. AND WHY DO THEY FEEL THE NEED TO BURY BOOKER T.? AND AS FOR CHRIS MASTERS. YOU CANT CATCH LIGHTNING IN A BOTTLE TWICE. I JUST THINK THE WWE BOOKERS NEED TO GO BACK TO WRITING DAYS OF OUR LIVES.

ECW:
    YOU GOT TO BE KIDDING ME RIGHT?? THIS IS NOT THE ECW AND IT NEVER WILL BE AS VINCE WILL SHIT ON IT. IT WILL BE A JOKE! WATCH AND LEARN

NOW TO ANSWER ALL OF MY FANS NO I DONT WANT TO MAKE A FULL TIME COMEBACK. IM 48 YEARS OLD. YES THE DOORS TO TNA COULD BE OPEN. I LOVE TNA. THE ATMOSPHERE BACK STAGE AT TNA IS THE BEST IN THE BUSINESS. THE WRESTLERS ARE THE BEST IN THE BUSINESS. TNA IS A FAR BETTER PRODUCT THEN WWE HAS RIGHT NOW.

YES I DO MISS WCW AS I WAS THE ONE THAT WAS GOING TO WIN THE WORLD TITLE OFF OF SCOTT. ERIC WANTED ME TO HAVE A LONG RUN WITH THE TITLE. THANKS FOR KILLING THE IDEA WWE,VINCE AND ALL THE REST OF YOU ASSHOLES!
    It may be the devil or it may be the Lord
    But you're gonna have to serve somebody.

www.bebo.com/pearljam06
  • Options
    sadly some of Lex's comments are true..I still think giving Rey the heavyweight title is an insult to the heavyweights.
    LIVERPOOL FC -18 time League Champions-15 time Charity Shield Holders-7 time League Cup Winners-7 time FA Cup Winners-5 time European Champions-4 time UEFA Cup Winners-3 time European Super Cup Winners-1 time World Super Cup Winners

YNWA
  • Options
    cookie5798cookie5798 Posts: 396
    http://s64.photobucket.com/albums/h161/patrick00bateman/?action=view&current=DSCN1946.jpg

Holy shit when did Hacksaw Jim Duggan come back? Also, did I see a another gay version of D-X. It looked like HHH and Michaels. I haven't watched this shit in so long.
    We need Pearl Jam in Atlanta!!! 2006-2007

The dirty south needs a fix.
  • Options
    cookie5798 wrote:
    http://s64.photobucket.com/albums/h161/patrick00bateman/?action=view&current=DSCN1946.jpg

Holy shit when did Hacksaw Jim Duggan come back? Also, did I see a another gay version of D-X. It looked like HHH and Michaels. I haven't watched this shit in so long.
    yeh some of the legends have been making cameos as part of their Legends deal which includes merchandise and Jakks Classic Series figures

new D-X is even gayer than the original...its not gonna last long anyways..Triple H is gonna feud with Orton soon.

YNWA
  • Options
    AxlUlrich wrote:
    sadly some of Lex's comments are true..I still think giving Rey the heavyweight title is an insult to the heavyweights.

Yeah and I think he was right about Rey only winning because Eddie died...and of course TNA is the best.

www.bebo.com/pearljam06
  • Options
    PissBottleManPissBottleMan Union City, TN Posts: 4,154
    I disagree...I would rather watch Rey...someone with talent...instead of a guy like Big Show who gets the belt just because he's huge.

PBM
    "We paced ourselves and we didn't rush through it and we tried to be as creative as our collective minds would let us be over some course of time instead of just trying to rush through a record"

Wishlist Foundation: http://wishlistfoundation.org
  • Options
    I disagree...I would rather watch Rey...someone with talent...instead of a guy like Big Show who gets the belt just because he's huge.

PBM
    he can always win the cruiserweight title..there is a reason why they made that title.
    it's a mockery to tradition to me...just like those horrible "bling bling" belts.

YNWA
  • Options

PBM

Well I'd pick Rey over the Big Show I guess.But I think the heavyweight title should be for greats like the Rock and Austin.Plus Rey's career has benefited from Eddie's death and he doesn't seem to have any shame in that.I know Rey has earned his title throughout the years of hardwork he put it in,but it's been tainted by the whole thing of Eddie chants at every match he does.

www.bebo.com/pearljam06
  • Options
    PissBottleManPissBottleMan Union City, TN Posts: 4,154
    Great heavyweights are hard to come by anymore.

Rey has paid his dues...he's put on some very entertaining matches. He deserves to have the recognition. The Cruiserweight belt in the WWE is a joke. And while we're at it...what happened to the Tag belts?

PBM
    "We paced ourselves and we didn't rush through it and we tried to be as creative as our collective minds would let us be over some course of time instead of just trying to rush through a record"

Wishlist Foundation: http://wishlistfoundation.org
  • Options
    PatrickBatemanPatrickBateman Posts: 2,243
    what do you need help with. cool photos
    Thanks...I have a bunch more and also took some video.

I am just curious as to what the differences are. wwe/tna/ecw/smackdown/raw/etc

My son says pretty much just different rules....
    Is is like different divisions? Is it all under the WWE umbrella?

The Cena/Edge match was pretty sweet...easily best match of the night (except the ladies in their underwear match.... ;) ) Cena was saying something about ECW and how he got screwed or something.

They had some guy in the first match that was pretty funny....like it was a joke....hugging the ref, screwing around...I think his name was Yuegene?

OH yeah, here's the kicker....$350 for a replica belt with a spinning wwe symbol ?!?! and I saw them all over the place...people are nuts. Then again, I have about 8 Hockey jersey's...
    If a man speaks in a forest and there is no woman around to hear him, is he still wrong?
  • Options
    Great heavyweights are hard to come by anymore.

Rey has paid his dues...he's put on some very entertaining matches. He deserves to have the recognition. The Cruiserweight belt in the WWE is a joke. And while we're at it...what happened to the Tag belts?

PBM

I can't remember to be honest.....Aren't Paul London and Spanky still champs?

I dunno,I'd consider Samoa Joe to be the best candidate for next heavyweight Rock or Austin like superstar.WWE's heavyweight division has become stale because of boring guys who all look the same(in terms of wrestling style)Chris Masters,Cena etc. I hope TNA will give them a kick in the bollocks so they get their act together.

www.bebo.com/pearljam06
  • Options
    Thanks...I have a bunch more and also took some video.

I am just curious as to what the differences are. wwe/tna/ecw/smackdown/raw/etc

My son says pretty much just different rules....
    Is is like different divisions? Is it all under the WWE umbrella?

The Cena/Edge match was pretty sweet...easily best match of the night (except the ladies in their underwear match.... ;) ) Cena was saying something about ECW and how he got screwed or something.

They had some guy in the first match that was pretty funny....like it was a joke....hugging the ref, screwing around...I think his name was Yuegene?

OH yeah, here's the kicker....$350 for a replica belt with a spinning wwe symbol ?!?! and I saw them all over the place...people are nuts. Then again, I have about 8 Hockey jersey's...
    the only one that isnt under the WWE umberalla is TNA. you should watch TNA its on every thursday at 11pm on spike tv. there ppv's are the best i ahve seen in a long time

• Options
    Anyone watch Slammiversary?I'm watching it now on the Wrestling channel and I have to say,Jim Cornette's speech was one of the best I've ever heard.

www.bebo.com/pearljam06
  • Options
    EvilMerlinEvilMerlin Posts: 1,865
    Carlos D wrote:
    Anyone watch Slammiversary?I'm watching it now on the Wrestling channel and I have to say,Jim Cornette's speech was one of the best I've ever heard.

Yeah I watched it, and I'm glad they brought in Cornette. He might not bring in the fans, but now they have a great mic person that can run a show and help develop storylines that TNA is lacking so badly. They also need more time, but that's a different discussion. But I liked Slammiversary and it looks like they're working in the right direction now as far as putting on a show to watch other than just put together the night before style matches.
  • Options
    blackngoldblackngold Posts: 264
    anyone else disappointed DX and the McMahon's didnt actually wrestle last night. although the little skit put on by HBK and HHH was hilarious. wonder if anyone else is going to be joining DX or if they're just gonna keep it with those 2?
  • Options
    m0jorisenm0jorisen Posts: 516
    i got 2 words for you
    Had my eyes peeled both wide open, and I got a glimpse
    Of my innocence... got back my inner sense...
  • Options
    m0jorisen wrote:
    i got 2 words for you

Are your two words''I'm gay''.....Oh,you mean suck it.I see....

www.bebo.com/pearljam06
  • Options
    I'm sure a lot of you already heard... but for those of you who didn't:

RVD and Sabu were busted on drug charges over the weekend in Ohio. RVD had marijuana and Vicodin in his possession, Sabu had paraphernalia and some unknown pills which were only identified as "controlled substances".

As one would expect, RVD immediately drops the WWE title to Edge on Monday and the ECW title to Big Show on Tuesday.

It looks as though RVD has been suspended by the WWE for 30 days, although nothing has been heard about Sabu. This is pretty big news, considering we're talking about the two biggest stars currently on the new ECW, and one of them was the world champ on two shows.

But it was really funny to hear the ECW crowd chant "Mar-i-juana!" during the RVD/Big Show match. Gotta love them smarks.
  • Options
    tybirdtybird Posts: 17,388

RVD and Sabu were busted on drug charges over the weekend in Ohio. RVD had marijuana and Vicodin in his possession, Sabu had paraphernalia and some unknown pills which were only identified as "controlled substances".

As one would expect, RVD immediately drops the WWE title to Edge on Monday and the ECW title to Big Show on Tuesday.

It looks as though RVD has been suspended by the WWE for 30 days, although nothing has been heard about Sabu. This is pretty big news, considering we're talking about the two biggest stars currently on the new ECW, and one of them was the world champ on two shows.

But it was really funny to hear the ECW crowd chant "Mar-i-juana!" during the RVD/Big Show match. Gotta love them smarks.

Thanks for the news..........I had not heard this. I was disappointed that RVD lost to that ass clown, Edge, on Monday night, but this probably explains part of the why. Having him lose to the "Big Slow" is just another bad move that is going to aid in dooming the relaunch of ECW. The "Big Slow"???? What a turd sandwich........Angle would have been a better choice. People want something different, not WWE retreads.

Was there any improvment in the ECW telecast last night? I was unable to watch any of it.

The running joke of McMahon liking cock is an absolute hoot, even though it is probably close to the truth. :)
    All the world will be your enemy, Prince with a thousand enemies, and whenever they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you, digger, listener, runner, prince with the swift warning. Be cunning and full of tricks and your people shall never be destroyed.
  • Options
    Ledbetterman10Ledbetterman10 Posts: 16,786
    Bret Hart, Steve Austin, Ric Flair, The Rock, and Shawn Michaels are the greatest wrestlers ever. EVER
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
  • Options
    tybird wrote:
    Angle would have been a better choice. People want something different, not WWE retreads.

Angle is taking some much needed time off to heal up. It's been said that he's not happy being sent over to ECW, but being a team player, he'll do what's best for the company. He may end up being moved back to Smackdown or Raw sooner or later.
    tybird wrote:
    Was there any improvment in the ECW telecast last night? I was unable to watch any of it.

The production and storylines still give it way too much of a WWE feel, kinda like a "Raw Lite". I'm already in the mode of taping the show and fast-forwarding through 50 minutes of it. So far, the show has followed the pattern of a lame opening match, followed by a Kelly striptease, a second lame match, a shot outside the arena of "Mordecai/Seven/Fertig the vampire", capped off by an almost adequate to ok main event match. I may give it a chance to see what happens when CM Punk makes his debut, but I'm almost ready to just ignore it completely, kinda like what I already do with Smackdown.

TNA Impact packs better wrestling, storylines and promos in one hour each week than the WWE can put together in five combined hours of Raw/ECW/Smackdown.
  • Options
    TNA Impact packs better wrestling, storylines and promos in one hour each week than the WWE can put together in five combined hours of Raw/ECW/Smackdown.
    On what network and what time could one find TNA????? I have not been checking out wrestling websites lately because of all the pop-ups and crap that tend to be associated with them.
    All the world will be your enemy, Prince with a thousand enemies, and whenever they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you, digger, listener, runner, prince with the swift warning. Be cunning and full of tricks and your people shall never be destroyed.
  • Options
    tybird wrote:
    On what network and what time could one find TNA????? I have not been checking out wrestling websites lately because of all the pop-ups and crap that tend to be associated with them.

It's on the Spike TV network. Usually runs Thursday nights at 11pm EST/ 10pm CST with replays on Saturday night.
  • Options

wow sucks for those 2

• Options
    The old ECW crowds always had the best chants.........off the top of my head, I vividly remember hearing the "crack whore" chant more than once.......or "Gertner, Gertner...."
  • Options
    Solat13Solat13 Philadelphia Posts: 6,996
    I was there last night at the ECW live tv taping. You could see me holding a beer wearing my green "Viva La 10 club shirt" with the Yellow star on the front when Sandman was caning the guy who was a fake priest last night. I got front row seats and the crowd was awesome.

I also saw 2 or 3 PJ bandwagon hats in the crowd and one guy wearing the limited edition 06 tour hooide.
    - Busted down the pretext
    - 8/28/98
    - 9/2/00
    - 4/28/03, 5/3/03, 7/3/03, 7/5/03, 7/6/03, 7/9/03, 7/11/03, 7/12/03, 7/14/03
    - 9/28/04, 9/29/04, 10/1/04, 10/2/04
    - 9/11/05, 9/12/05, 9/13/05, 9/30/05, 10/1/05, 10/3/05
    - 5/12/06, 5/13/06, 5/27/06, 5/28/06, 5/30/06, 6/1/06, 6/3/06, 6/23/06, 7/22/06, 7/23/06, 12/2/06, 12/9/06
    - 8/2/07, 8/5/07
    - 6/19/08, 6/20/08, 6/22/08, 6/24/08, 6/25/08, 6/27/08, 6/28/08, 6/30/08, 7/1/08
    - 8/23/09, 8/24/09, 9/21/09, 9/22/09, 10/27/09, 10/28/09, 10/30/09, 10/31/09
    - 5/15/10, 5/17/10, 5/18/10, 5/20/10, 5/21/10, 10/23/10, 10/24/10
    - 9/11/11, 9/12/11
    - 10/18/13, 10/21/13, 10/22/13, 11/30/13, 12/4/13