Options

Any wrestling fans?

Comments

• Options
    Brain of mJBrain of mJ Posts: 786
    I'm sure a lot of you already heard... but for those of you who didn't:

RVD and Sabu were busted on drug charges over the weekend in Ohio. RVD had marijuana and Vicodin in his possession, Sabu had paraphernalia and some unknown pills which were only identified as "controlled substances".

As one would expect, RVD immediately drops the WWE title to Edge on Monday and the ECW title to Big Show on Tuesday.

It looks as though RVD has been suspended by the WWE for 30 days, although nothing has been heard about Sabu. This is pretty big news, considering we're talking about the two biggest stars currently on the new ECW, and one of them was the world champ on two shows.

But it was really funny to hear the ECW crowd chant "Mar-i-juana!" during the RVD/Big Show match. Gotta love them smarks.

Stupid RVD, he's at the biggest point in his career and he just blows it away.
  • Options
    tybirdtybird Posts: 17,388
    Yes, this appears to be the case...........I was so glad to see him get the belts that he deserved. but it kills me to see him flush it down the toilet like this.
    All the world will be your enemy, Prince with a thousand enemies, and whenever they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you, digger, listener, runner, prince with the swift warning. Be cunning and full of tricks and your people shall never be destroyed.
  • Options
    surfanddestroysurfanddestroy Posts: 2,786
    Why would anyone want to watch two sweaty fat guys hugging, fondling and stadling each other, I am sorry but it is just so gay.
    Astoria 20/04/06, Leeds 25/08/06, Prague 22/09/06, Wembley 18/06/07,
    Dusseldorf 21/06/07, Manchester 17/08/09, London 18/08/09, LA 06/10/09, LA 07/10/09.

Ain't gonna be any middle anymore.
  • Options
    PissBottleManPissBottleMan Union City, TN Posts: 4,154

Actually...it's probably best for him to not be associated with anything with the WWE name on it.

This could all be a good thing for him.

;)

PBM
    "We paced ourselves and we didn't rush through it and we tried to be as creative as our collective minds would let us be over some course of time instead of just trying to rush through a record"

Wishlist Foundation: http://wishlistfoundation.org
  • Options
    Gossard_Is_GodGossard_Is_God Posts: 1,031
    Why would anyone want to watch two sweaty fat guys hugging, fondling and stadling each other, I am sorry but it is just so gay.

:rolleyes:....:rolleyes:
    Pearl Jam - London Astoria 20/4/06....One hell of a night :)

Reading 2006 - WOOOOW!!!!!

Paris 2006 - Fucking amazing

Wembley 2007 :D
  • Options
    I didn't watch the whole thing because I get tired of watching the same show week after week.

However, the Show vs. Flair match was better than I expected. I thought it would be a generic WCW match...nice to see those two break out the extreme rules.

When Show threw Flair (knees first) into the thumbtacks, I gain a little respect for washed-up Nature Boy.

PBM
    "We paced ourselves and we didn't rush through it and we tried to be as creative as our collective minds would let us be over some course of time instead of just trying to rush through a record"

• Options
    Carlos DCarlos D Posts: 638

I was thinking the same thing.He just wasn't meant to be a legend or superstar.He'll always be the next big thing.
    It may be the devil or it may be the Lord
    But you're gonna have to serve somebody.

www.bebo.com/pearljam06
  • Options
    Carlos D wrote:
    I was thinking the same thing.He just wasn't meant to be a legend or superstar.He'll always be the next big thing.
    I still hold hope that he can turn it around and be the next big thing............
    All the world will be your enemy, Prince with a thousand enemies, and whenever they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you, digger, listener, runner, prince with the swift warning. Be cunning and full of tricks and your people shall never be destroyed.
  • Options
    tybird wrote:
    I still hold hope that he can turn it around and be the next big thing............

But it's been ten years now since he emerged and he's only had one world title run and not only did it last a couple of weeks but he lost it in disgrace.He needs to get his act together,he's been living off his reputation in ECW for too long.I'd love to see him be a legend but only he can make that happen.

www.bebo.com/pearljam06
  • Options
    Carlos D wrote:
    he's been living off his reputation in ECW for too long.I'd love to see him be a legend but only he can make that happen.

I think that is his appeal. He was/is popular because of his high spots and his attitude.

I wish they would pair him back up with Fonzy...RVD is terrible on the mic...he needs a good mouth piece.

PBM

• Options
    I think that is his appeal. He was/is popular because of his high spots and his attitude.

I wish they would pair him back up with Fonzy...RVD is terrible on the mic...he needs a good mouth piece.

PBM

But he hasn't been putting in the type of performances to earn a world title reign.

www.bebo.com/pearljam06
  • Options
    Carlos D wrote:
    But he hasn't been putting in the type of performances to earn a world title reign.

Again...I don't think that's his fault. I think Vince and Co. limit what he can do. He had free reign in ECW, but I don't think he's able to compete at his full ability now.

PBM

• Options
    Again...I don't think that's his fault. I think Vince and Co. limit what he can do. He had free reign in ECW, but I don't think he's able to compete at his full ability now.

PBM
    I agree with PBM on this......I don't think that the WWE lets him work a match the way that he is capable of.........besides Vince likes to punish/hold back those that don't have a WWE pedigree. Another point is that if they let him use his whole arsenal of moves, they would have to admit that Sean McMahon stole his "famous" finishing move from Van Dam............it was originally known as the Van Terminator, not whatever Queer boy Jr calls it.
  • Options
    Gary CarterGary Carter Shea Stadium Posts: 14,002
    well since RVD will most likely get fired from the wwe.i wouldnt be too surprised to see him join TNA in the coming months.
    Ron: I just don't feel like going out tonight
    Sammi: Wanna just break up?

• Options
    well since RVD will most likely get fired from the wwe.i wouldnt be too surprised to see him join TNA in the coming months.

They won't fire him Metsy...they have too much invested in him and too much to lose if they let him go.

He will get a slap on the wrist.

PBM

• Options
    They won't fire him Metsy...they have too much invested in him and too much to lose if they let him go.

He will get a slap on the wrist.

PBM
    it was wishful thinking on my part.i think he we would be better suited in TNA.

• Options
    it was wishful thinking on my part.i think he we would be better suited in TNA.

I would like to see him away from the McMahon family as well...

...read a spoiler for Impact tonight...sounds like a good night to tune in.

PBM

• Options
    fragileblakefragileblake Posts: 716
    I've been a huge wrestling fan for years, should I give TNA a shot? Is it just Jeff Jarret being a douche and a whole bunch of WWE cast offs complaining that they were wasted, or are there actually awesome matches?
  • Options
    are there actually awesome matches?

I'll be honest...I don't watch consistantly, but the X Division...from what I've seen...is pretty damn good.

I think if they get their shit together, they could give WWE a run for their money.

PBM

• Options
    I've been a huge wrestling fan for years, should I give TNA a shot? Is it just Jeff Jarret being a douche and a whole bunch of WWE cast offs complaining that they were wasted, or are there actually awesome matches?
    yes you should.doubel JJ isnt a douche at all. and the wwe cast offs dont bitch at all.they love it in tna. there actaully good wrestlers in TNA.there PPV'S are the best i have seen in 7 years.they make the wwe look shitty

its on tonight at 11 on spike tv and re-runs are on saturday

• Options

I would.I don't think they'll sack him,he's ECW's main attraction.Although he would be cool in TNA.To be honest though,I'd like to see him fight the TNA guys to see if he's really as good as he says he is.If he's fighting the Big Show or whoever of course he looks good but I'd like to see him try and keep up with AJ Styles etc.

www.bebo.com/pearljam06
  • Options
    I would like to see him away from the McMahon family as well...

...read a spoiler for Impact tonight...sounds like a good night to tune in.

PBM
    thanks for the heads up for tonight PBM

• Options

The matches are unreal,stuff you never thought you'd see.They made wrestling credible again.You should make it your business to see one of their ppv's.Check them out on YOUTUBE.And no Jarrett doesn't play a big role in it anymore thankfully.Sting is great though.

www.bebo.com/pearljam06
  • Options
    Carlos D wrote:
    be honest though,I'd like to see him fight the TNA guys to see if he's really as good as he says he is.If he's fighting the Big Show or whoever of course he looks good but I'd like to see him try and keep up with AJ Styles etc.
    so would i so would i

• Options
    question.
    I've been going to 411wrestling for a long time for wrestling news and what-not, are there any sites with less annoying pop-ups?
  • Options
    question.
    I've been going to 411wrestling for a long time for wrestling news and what-not, are there any sites with less annoying pop-ups?

http://www.wrestlingnewsworld.com

www.bebo.com/pearljam06
  • Options
    MilestoneMilestone Posts: 1,140
    Rowdy Roddy Piper is and always was my favorite wrestler.

Long live the Piper's Pit!!!
    11-2-2000 Portland. 12-8-2002 Seattle. 4-18-2003 Nashville. 5-30-2003 Vancouver. 10-25-2003 Bridge School. 9-2-2005 Vancouver.
    7-6-2006 Las Vegas. 7-20-2006 Portland. 7-22-2006 Gorge. 9-21-2009 Seattle. 9-22-2009 Seattle. 9-26-2009 Ridgefield. 9-25-2011 Vancouver.
    11-29-2013 Portland. 10-16-2014 Detroit. 8-8-2018 Seattle. 8-10-2018 Seattle. 8-13-2018 Missoula.  5-10-2024 Portland.  5-30-2024 Seattle.
  • Options
    Milestone wrote:
    Rowdy Roddy Piper is and always was my favorite wrestler.

Long live the Piper's Pit!!!

They still have that from time to time!

www.bebo.com/pearljam06
  • Options
    a whole bunch of WWE cast offs complaining that they were wasted,
    You mean like Mick Foley did in his monologue about Ric Flair and WCW Monday night on Raw?
  • Options
    tybird wrote:
    You mean like Mick Foley did in his monologue about Ric Flair and WCW Monday night on Raw?

I've really only read stuff about TNA, but there seems to be a world of difference between Mick Foley, one of the WWE's recent icons, bringing up WCW stuff to put over a fued with flair, and billy gunn (didn't I read he was in TNA?) complaining about being wasted in the WWE (again, only heard about this)