Options

Any wrestling fans?

dCowboyPJdCowboyPJ Posts: 479
edited November 2010 in All Encompassing Trip
I use to watch wrestling all the time. But I stopped about 3 years ago. Once the NHL playoffs started I decided to watch that instead of wrestling and once the playoffs were finished I just really didn't get back into it. The funny thing is, is that I help run a wrestling forum even though I don't want anything to do with wrestling anymore lol.

So do we have any wwe fans here?
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    AxlUlrichAxlUlrich Posts: 12,652
    this thread should answer your question
    http://forums.pearljam.com/showthread.php?t=151616&highlight=guerrero

man...i used to love the WWF/E like hell..but now..its in such a bad state its scary..
    but hey..i still watch Raw and Smackdown! every week outta loyalty
    nowadays i been watching some TNA as well since Christian Cage jumped ship.
    LIVERPOOL FC -18 time League Champions-15 time Charity Shield Holders-7 time League Cup Winners-7 time FA Cup Winners-5 time European Champions-4 time UEFA Cup Winners-3 time European Super Cup Winners-1 time World Super Cup Winners

Walk on with hope in your heart
    YNWA
  • Options
    AxlUlrich wrote:

I couldn't believe that about Eddie. Its so sad. He was such a great wrestler too.
  • Options
    I couldn't believe that about Eddie. Its so sad. He was such a great wrestler too.
    i still cant believe it as well..
    til today i still shed a tear when i watch him on dvd or anything..just sad..
    LIVERPOOL FC -18 time League Champions-15 time Charity Shield Holders-7 time League Cup Winners-7 time FA Cup Winners-5 time European Champions-4 time UEFA Cup Winners-3 time European Super Cup Winners-1 time World Super Cup Winners

YNWA
  • Options
    stickboystickboy Posts: 2,981
    AxlUlrich wrote:
    i still cant believe it as well..
    til today i still shed a tear when i watch him on dvd or anything..just sad..
    hell yea man...watching Rey do the Viva La Rasa dance sometimes gets me choked up too... :(

rip eddie.
    Aah, fuck it, I’m just gonna go home, turn on the fuckin’ TV...
    Watch the nightly news and drink a beer...
    Like I could even change the world, yeah right...
  • Options
    eMMIeMMI Posts: 6,262
    I used to watch Smackdown! anytime it was possible.. then I stopped for a while.. then I watched both Smackdown! and Raw.. then I stopped again for a while.. then I got really confused on who wrestler is in what show so I don't really warch either anymore..

but I must say, my favourites are Edge (where is he in now?) and Eddie Guerrero (RIP).
    "Don't be faint-hearted, I have a solution! We shall go and commandeer some small craft, then drift at leisure until we happen upon another ideal place for our waterside supper with riparian entertainments."
  • Options
    eMMI wrote:
    but I must say, my favourites are Edge (where is he in now?) and Eddie Guerrero (RIP).
    Edge is now the WWE Champion over at Raw
    good taste btw..Eddie ruled :)

YNWA
  • Options
    AxlUlrich wrote:
    Edge is now the WWE Champion over at Raw
    good taste btw..Eddie ruled :)

okay, good to know, thanks Axie. :D

I do have a good taste don't I? :p lol.

he really did rule. at first I though he was a bit annoying (dunno what was wrong with me) but later on I realized ho wgood he was. :)
    and the thing with Edge was that I first liked him cause he's so good looking. :rolleyes: but then I realized he was also actually good. :D
    "Don't be faint-hearted, I have a solution! We shall go and commandeer some small craft, then drift at leisure until we happen upon another ideal place for our waterside supper with riparian entertainments."
  • Options
    eMMI wrote:
    okay, good to know, thanks Axie. :D

I do have a good taste don't I? :p lol.

he really did rule. at first I though he was a bit annoying (dunno what was wrong with me) but later on I realized ho wgood he was. :)
    and the thing with Edge was that I first liked him cause he's so good looking. :rolleyes: but then I realized he was also actually good. :D
    yeh Eddie was just great...he was good at everything!

as for Edge..cant say i ever liked him..always been a Christian fan :D
    Christian is definitely better looking and better wrestler! haha
    WWE though are making Edge's WWE title run a joke..last week Lita and Edge "had sex" in the middle of the ring..which led to Lita accidentally exposing her boobs on tv haha...
    http://youtube.com/w/Lita?v=oohgRM9R5dc&search=lita

YNWA
  • Options
    AxlUlrich wrote:
    yeh Eddie was just great...he was good at everything!

as for Edge..cant say i ever liked him..always been a Christian fan :D
    Christian is definitely better looking and better wrestler! haha
    WWE though are making Edge's WWE title run a joke..last week Lita and Edge "had sex" in the middle of the ring..which led to Lita accidentally exposing her boobs on tv haha...
    http://youtube.com/w/Lita?v=oohgRM9R5dc&search=lita

totally.

omg, Christian????!!!!! :eek: better looking?! you're out of your mind! :p
    I mean, he's not bad looking, but better than Edge? no way! :D

omg, is that video for real? :eek:
    what a nice way to start a school day! :rolleyes:
  • Options
    eMMI wrote:
    totally.

omg, Christian????!!!!! :eek: better looking?! you're out of your mind! :p
    I mean, he's not bad looking, but better than Edge? no way! :D

omg, is that video for real? :eek:
    what a nice way to start a school day! :rolleyes:
    hell yeh!..Christian is Captain Charisma for a reason! :D

yep haah..was taken from last Monday...WWE has become totally lame over the recent years :(

YNWA
  • Options
    AxlUlrich wrote:
    hell yeh!..Christian is Captain Charisma for a reason! :D

yep haah..was taken from last Monday...WWE has become totally lame over the recent years :(

:p

my god! :( it really has gone nuts.
    all those love triangles and stuff.. what happened just beating other people up in the ring and maybe sneaking around and hitting them with a metal chair in the dressing room?
    the thing that really made it clear for me that there was no turning back was the stupid hassle that lead to Edge and Lita getting married.. :confused:
    such a waste of time!

I'd love to chat more about which is better looking, Edge or Christian (ahem, EDGE! :p ) but there's this thing called school I need to be going to.. :D catch ya all later! :)
  • Options
    eMMI wrote:
    :p

my god! :( it really has gone nuts.
    all those love triangles and stuff.. what happened just beating other people up in the ring and maybe sneaking around and hitting them with a metal chair in the dressing room?
    the thing that really made it clear for me that there was no turning back was the stupid hassle that lead to Edge and Lita getting married.. :confused:
    such a waste of time!

I'd love to chat more about which is better looking, Edge or Christian (ahem, EDGE! :p ) but there's this thing called school I need to be going to.. :D catch ya all later! :)
    yeh even Edge and Lita arent enjoying it..cos Edge is trying to patch up with his wife and all.

Christian will win hands down...there are alot of Peeps here in the pit :D
    have fun at school ;)

YNWA
  • Options
    EvilMerlinEvilMerlin Posts: 1,865
    Meh, the only wrestling worth watching in the states anymore is TNA and ROH. WWE isn't even close to wrestling anymore, they don't even hire wrestlers now half the time, and it's not even entertainment. It's just a big joke. Vince and Stephanie are ruining the company at an amazing speed.
  • Options
    AxlUlrich wrote:
    yeh even Edge and Lita arent enjoying it..cos Edge is trying to patch up with his wife and all.

Christian will win hands down...there are alot of Peeps here in the pit :D
    have fun at school ;)

Christian will lose! :p
    maybe there should be a poll for that.. :D

I didn't have fun at school.. :( except in English class, our teacher is the best! :D
  • Options
    Hey, you know that wrestling is now consider the second most popular sport in Mexico after football.

Sadly some promoters are trying to copy all the crap that WWE does (smack down is going to be this thursday night in the same venue where PJ played last december, tickets sold out and i couldn't get one :( I wanted to see Rey Misterio coming back).

But, thank god still exists CMLL, the most important and serious wrestling promoter in the country. If you want to check it out (even though i'm not sure if the site has a english version) http://www.cmll.com

*Edit* Nope, no english version of the website, sorry
    I feel very close to you all now; so close I could almost... loan you money. Really. it goes that deep.
    -Tom Waits-

Everybody should believe in something...I believe i'll have another drink - anonymous -

Ah that's just drunk talk, sweet beautiful drunk talk.
    -Barney Gumble-
  • Options
    tybirdtybird Posts: 17,388
    Here's hoping that the WWE will finally utilize the talent that is Rob Van Dam!! I also hope that he is over his streak of bad injury luck.

P.S. I am not holding my breath on this one unless Steph and HHH take a paternity leave.
    All the world will be your enemy, Prince with a thousand enemies, and whenever they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you, digger, listener, runner, prince with the swift warning. Be cunning and full of tricks and your people shall never be destroyed.
  • Options
    PissBottleManPissBottleMan Union City, TN Posts: 4,154
    Rob is back at Royal Rumble. I wish he would jump ship to TNA, he would be better utilized.

PBM
    "We paced ourselves and we didn't rush through it and we tried to be as creative as our collective minds would let us be over some course of time instead of just trying to rush through a record"

Wishlist Foundation: http://wishlistfoundation.org
  • Options
    Gary CarterGary Carter Shea Stadium Posts: 13,940
    EvilMerlin wrote:
    Meh, the only wrestling worth watching in the states anymore is TNA and ROH. WWE isn't even close to wrestling anymore, they don't even hire wrestlers now half the time, and it's not even entertainment. It's just a big joke. Vince and Stephanie are ruining the company at an amazing speed.
    now heres a real wrestling fan. i love tna and roh. i saw roh when it came into my area fucking awsome
    Ron: I just don't feel like going out tonight
    Sammi: Wanna just break up?

• Options
    now heres a real wrestling fan. i love tna and roh. i saw roh when it came into my area fucking awsome

Ah you lucky bastard! I live out on the west coast, I only got to go to one show when I went back east visiting family. But I find DVD's once in a while to get a fix. At least I'm glad TNA has good taste on where to get some talent. Here's to hoping Austin Aries and Roderick Strong get a continued push now with Alex Shelley and TNA knocking off Generation Next lol.
  • Options
    EvilMerlin wrote:
    Ah you lucky bastard! I live out on the west coast, I only got to go to one show when I went back east visiting family. But I find DVD's once in a while to get a fix. At least I'm glad TNA has good taste on where to get some talent. Here's to hoping Austin Aries and Roderick Strong get a continued push now with Alex Shelley and TNA knocking off Generation Next lol.
    the only reason why is cause local hero mick foley is pushing it. and aj styles and the fallen angels christoper daniles wreslted that night. i love tna

• Options
    I didn't get a chance to order the PPV, but from what I've read, it seems like last night's show was subpar.

PBM
    "We paced ourselves and we didn't rush through it and we tried to be as creative as our collective minds would let us be over some course of time instead of just trying to rush through a record"

• Options
    dammit i missed tna ppv last night. oh well didnt miss much except for the return of sting.

• Options
    dammit i missed tna ppv last night. oh well didnt miss much except for the return of sting.

...and the return of Sean Waltman

PBM

• Options
    ...and the return of Sean Waltman

PBM
    he sucks and hes washed up. the only time he was ever good was when he was in D-X

• Options
    The PPV was subpar. It was a night of screwing over all the faces which to no surprise was to put the return of Sting over. I don't think they have to screw over a lot of the matches to make the main event more significant. However I was impressed with Sting's return. The man was able to hide his rust and age very well and showed a ton of enthusiasm to be there. The only problem I saw was when he would fight with Monty Brown, they had a little bit of timing issues, but nothing a few more matches could take care of. Other than that though, the matches weren't as exciting as many in the past. And I was upset that Daniels didn't get more control at times in his match with Joe. He's a pure showman and deserves to have a considerable amount of time in control whenever he's in the ring.
  • Options
    hey guys...i htink the whole pro wrestling scene is slowly heading into another subpar era.
    yes, tna and roh are on the rise (yet to see roh, though im catching up a bit with youtube, kazaa, etc.)
    but i truly believe that wwe, is going to make a big push soon that will be good for them, but ruin the business in general.
    with the loss over the last few years of the rock, austin, goldberg, brock, eddie (r.i.p.), jericho, christian, and so one, wwe seems to be losing most of its best selling talents.
    yes, cena and mysterio are huge sellers. but cena is hardly credible. and now with batista out, smackdown really only has one very marketable character.
    the undertaker is possibly months away from retiring and that will be a sad day because he has remained so good in that ring.
    with that said i believe wwe will end the brand extension. this is a bad sign for tna and roh because i truly believe wwe will have great potential to outdo all of their best shows since the split. so many new matchups would make for much less talk and the competition for the spotlight will be more intense.
    the main reason this would be a problem for tna and roh is because once wwe turns the profit im sure it would make from such a move, they would have more money to spend on the talents being produced by these great companies.
    i hope im wrong about that but thats my view.
    then again things could stay as they are and tna will make a huge push to make it another intense decade of monday night wars
  • Options
    I don't know what the rules are here about posting links to other forums, but like I said before that I do help run a wrestling site, and we could always use more posters...I won't post the link until I have the ok. I really hate doing this, and it probably looks bad on me, but I thought I would say something...
  • Options
    sounds cool

• Options
    I don't know what the rules are here about posting links to other forums, but like I said before that I do help run a wrestling site, and we could always use more posters...I won't post the link until I have the ok. I really hate doing this, and it probably looks bad on me, but I thought I would say something...
    what site is that?
    only wrestling related site i go to is WFigs.com

YNWA
  • Options
    AxlUlrich wrote:
    what site is that?
    only wrestling related site i go to is WFigs.com

edit