Options

Any wrestling fans?

Comments

• Options
    tybirdtybird Posts: 17,388
    ydoubel JJ isnt a douche at all.
    Maybe he's not a douche, but I would rather water boil then have to watch Double J wrestle..............
    All the world will be your enemy, Prince with a thousand enemies, and whenever they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you, digger, listener, runner, prince with the swift warning. Be cunning and full of tricks and your people shall never be destroyed.
  • Options
    Gary CarterGary Carter Shea Stadium Posts: 14,002
    tybird wrote:
    Maybe he's not a douche, but I would rather water boil then have to watch Double J wrestle..............
    i know what you mean.but hes not the main wrestler in TNA as many people would like to think
    Ron: I just don't feel like going out tonight
    Sammi: Wanna just break up?

• Options
    PissBottleManPissBottleMan Union City, TN Posts: 4,154
    Ryhno pulled off a great promo last night...it was real and it was entertaining to watch.

I don't watch TNA consistantly enough to be involved with the storylines, but if they can build on that promo...they could be up to something.

Wrestling was good, but they still seem to be missing something.

That being said, I would rather watch an hour of TNA, than 5 minutes of Raw.

PBM
    "We paced ourselves and we didn't rush through it and we tried to be as creative as our collective minds would let us be over some course of time instead of just trying to rush through a record"

Wishlist Foundation: http://wishlistfoundation.org
  • Options
    Ryhno pulled off a great promo last night...it was real and it was entertaining to watch.

I don't watch TNA consistantly enough to be involved with the storylines, but if they can build on that promo...they could be up to something.

Wrestling was good, but they still seem to be missing something.

That being said, I would rather watch an hour of TNA, than 5 minutes of Raw.

PBM
    I watched a few minutes of the show last night, missed the promo.....it wasn't too bad except all the times they showed Double JJ's mug or I had to hear his whiney voice. :)
    All the world will be your enemy, Prince with a thousand enemies, and whenever they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you, digger, listener, runner, prince with the swift warning. Be cunning and full of tricks and your people shall never be destroyed.
  • Options
    Gossard_Is_GodGossard_Is_God Posts: 1,031
    I've been a huge wrestling fan for years, should I give TNA a shot? Is it just Jeff Jarret being a douche and a whole bunch of WWE cast offs complaining that they were wasted, or are there actually awesome matches?

Its mostly old WCW cast offs, some of it is pretty good to watch, The X division to me is a joke and most of the X division are just spot monkeys, and that pisses me off, some good inovation though.
    Pearl Jam - London Astoria 20/4/06....One hell of a night :)

Reading 2006 - WOOOOW!!!!!

Paris 2006 - Fucking amazing

Wembley 2007 :D
  • Options
    Spot monkeys?????? That's a new one on me..........what exactly is a "spot monkey"?
  • Options
    Its mostly old WCW cast offs, some of it is pretty good to watch, The X division to me is a joke and most of the X division are just spot monkeys, and that pisses me off, some good inovation though.

I don't understand when people get upset at high spots. If you're a good wresler and do a high spot, I have no problem with it.

However, if someone has no talent and all they do are big spots, then I have an issue.

PBM
    "We paced ourselves and we didn't rush through it and we tried to be as creative as our collective minds would let us be over some course of time instead of just trying to rush through a record"

• Options
    Nothingman54Nothingman54 Posts: 2,251
    I watched it until i was 13. Its fake! I dont consider it a sport by any means. I guess my real problem with it is, they made into a soap opera, story lines and all that dumb shit. JUST GET OUT THERE AND FIGHT!
    I'll be back
  • Options
    I watched it until i was 13. Its fake! I dont consider it a sport by any means. I guess my real problem with it is, they made into a soap opera, story lines and all that dumb shit. JUST GET OUT THERE AND FIGHT!

Oddly enough, I started watching UFC more because of this Ultimate Fighter show on Spike. Good Stuff.

PBM

• Options
    boxwine_in_hellboxwine_in_hell Posts: 1,263
    I use to watch wrestling all the time. But I stopped about 3 years ago. Once the NHL playoffs started I decided to watch that instead of wrestling and once the playoffs were finished I just really didn't get back into it. The funny thing is, is that I help run a wrestling forum even though I don't want anything to do with wrestling anymore lol.

So do we have any wwe fans here?

No I just can't watch roided up dudes in leotards that need acting lessons.
    one foot in the door
    the other foot in the gutter
    sweet smell that they adore
    I think I'd rather smother
    -The Replacements-
  • Options
    if you dont like it then get the hell out of here.

• Options
    Go get'em Metsy.............
  • Options
    Carlos DCarlos D Posts: 638

Some of us aren't that barbaric.The entertainment value is what wrestling fans enjoy.The characters,the catchphrases,the live atmosphere and the carefully choreographed moves are what makes wrestling amazing to fans.

As for it being fake....well a DUH!You don't look at a James Bond film and point out,''He didn't really shoot him.'' and,''You know they just rehearsed the lines before hand,that's only an actor not really a secret agent.'' Wrestling is like any form of entertainment,it's about suspending reality for a while so you can escape and enjoy something.If you can't accept that I feel sorry for you.Wrestling is entertainment,nothing more.You sound like the dumb one when you feel the need to point that out.
    It may be the devil or it may be the Lord
    But you're gonna have to serve somebody.

www.bebo.com/pearljam06
  • Options
    Carlos D wrote:
    Some of us aren't that barbaric.The entertainment value is what wrestling fans enjoy.The characters,the catchphrases,the live atmosphere and the carefully choreographed moves are what makes wrestling amazing to fans.

As for it being fake....well a DUH!You don't look at a James Bond film and point out,''He didn't really shoot him.'' and,''You know they just rehearsed the lines before hand,that's only an actor not really a secret agent.'' Wrestling is like any form of entertainment,it's about suspending reality for a while so you can escape and enjoy something.If you can't accept that I feel sorry for you.Wrestling is entertainment,nothing more.You sound like the dumb one when you feel the need to point that out.
    Well said...............
  • Options
    I found this link off of one of the wrestling sites I visit:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qsHwFyY3jrk&search=Lex%20Luger

It's from late 80's...the match where Brody doesn't sell for Luger. Lex freaks out and leaves the match.

It gets entertaining towards the end.

Fonzy was the ref for the match...here's a video of him talking about it:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nxrxPuFEjm0&search=Bruiser%20Brody

PBM

• Options
    man what a great TNA it was actually relly good.the promo with rhyno was the best i ahve ever seen.

• Options
    man what a great TNA it was actually relly good.the promo with rhyno was the best i ahve ever seen.

Damn, I forgot to TiVO Impact last night. I'll have to wait and tape the Saturday rebroadcast.

I wish there were some bars around my area which would show the TNA PPVs (sorry, don't have enough disposable income yet to order them). There are plenty enough around which take the time and effort to promote the WWE Pay-Per-Fools.
  • Options
    the promo with rhyno was the best i ahve ever seen.

He was fired up...that's how you fuckin' do a promo. I tuned in last night just to see that promo.

PBM

• Options
    Galaxie2X4Galaxie2X4 Posts: 151
    I loved wrestling and then I turned 12.
    "My Cadillac's sittin in the back, it isn't me, I'm going home in my Galaxy"
    S. Hoon

"My body's nobody's body but mine. You run your own body, let me run mine" Chicago '95

Franken '08
  • Options
    Galaxie2X4 wrote:
    I loved wrestling and then I turned 12.

Was it then you decided sitting at a computer all day talking to nerds was a better way to spend your life?

www.bebo.com/pearljam06
  • Options
    He was fired up...that's how you fuckin' do a promo. I tuned in last night just to see that promo.

PBM
    oh totally. the best is when he said for anyone to come to TNA and it doesnt matter where you wrestle in to fight him.

• Options
    I found this link off of one of the wrestling sites I visit:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qsHwFyY3jrk&search=Lex%20Luger

It's from late 80's...the match where Brody doesn't sell for Luger. Lex freaks out and leaves the match.

It gets entertaining towards the end.

Fonzy was the ref for the match...here's a video of him talking about it:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nxrxPuFEjm0&search=Bruiser%20Brody

PBM
    Bruiser Brody???? Did he get stabbed in the back stage area or some such???
  • Options
    Bring back "The Iron Sheik."
    one foot in the door
    -The Replacements-
  • Options

Screw you dickhead. The person that started this thread asked a question and I'm answering it. Just because you don't like the answer doesn't make you lord of the thread, so blow me.
    one foot in the door
    -The Replacements-
  • Options
    tybird wrote:
    Bruiser Brody???? Did he get stabbed in the back stage area or some such???

Yeah...he was one of the greats. Stabbed to death by another wrestler... Jose Gonzalez (Invader One) back in '88.

Sadly, Gonzalez was never convicted in the crime and actually went back to wrestling.

PBM

• Options
    Screw you dickhead. The person that started this thread asked a question and I'm answering it. Just because you don't like the answer doesn't make you lord of the thread, so blow me.
    hey have fun with your ban from here

• Options
    Galaxie2X4Galaxie2X4 Posts: 151
    Carlos D wrote:
    Was it then you decided sitting at a computer all day talking to nerds was a better way to spend your life?

That's when I discovered girls. Girls generally don't dig wrestling, at least not the hot or smart ones. The only nerds I have ever chatted with on the computer are PJ fans.
    "My Cadillac's sittin in the back, it isn't me, I'm going home in my Galaxy"
    S. Hoon

"My body's nobody's body but mine. You run your own body, let me run mine" Chicago '95

Franken '08
  • Options
    Galaxie2X4 wrote:
    That's when I discovered girls. Girls generally don't dig wrestling, at least not the hot or smart ones. The only nerds I have ever chatted with on the computer are PJ fans.

So are you telling me a girl would turn you down just because you watched wrestling?

www.bebo.com/pearljam06
  • Options
    Carlos D wrote:
    So are you telling me a girl would turn you down just because you watched wrestling?

Smart girl.
    one foot in the door
    -The Replacements-
  • Options
    Carlos D wrote:
    I suspect that the reasons for his rejection go deeper than simply "watches wrestling'............:D