Options

Any wrestling fans?

Comments

• Options
    AxlUlrichAxlUlrich Posts: 12,652
    lol..cool story.
    ah well Scotty..I think he's still in the WWE out of pity cos of his testicular cancer...I can't remember the last time I saw him in the ring...
    LIVERPOOL FC -18 time League Champions-15 time Charity Shield Holders-7 time League Cup Winners-7 time FA Cup Winners-5 time European Champions-4 time UEFA Cup Winners-3 time European Super Cup Winners-1 time World Super Cup Winners

Walk on with hope in your heart
    YNWA
  • Options
    yotan18yotan18 Posts: 103
    hey motorcity mike... wow, i imagine if that guy was the real rey mysterio, now the wwe champion, asked to take a shot. now that has to be the fuel for him to go to the top!

and for scotty... only the rock's people's elbow can look very weak as a finisher and gets the job done. but hey, i enjoyed the worm. hehehe!!!
    "The Day of Redemption is at hand! Repent, and thou shall be saved..." - A. Ventura

"I always tell the truth. Even when I lie" - T. Montana
    ---
    "Yeah i know... sounds stupid." Aldrin said.

#18 INC forever
  • Options
    ECW.com has pics of the new ECW logo
    and it looks like Tazz will be indeed joining Joey Styles as a commentator in the future
    LIVERPOOL FC -18 time League Champions-15 time Charity Shield Holders-7 time League Cup Winners-7 time FA Cup Winners-5 time European Champions-4 time UEFA Cup Winners-3 time European Super Cup Winners-1 time World Super Cup Winners

YNWA
  • Options
    just read that John Tenta aka Earthquake has passed away after his long battle with cancer

RIP :(

YNWA
  • Options
    Boom The CatBoom The Cat Posts: 482
    I saw this too. RIP
    no matter where you go,
    there you are.

- brain of c
  • Options
    very sad indeed..only comfort is that he is no longer suffering..such a shame..he was only 42

YNWA
  • Options
    You meant 'That he is no longer suffering' right?
    no matter where you go,
    there you are.

- brain of c
  • Options
    Gary CarterGary Carter Shea Stadium Posts: 13,940
    R.I.P. earthquake
    Ron: I just don't feel like going out tonight
    Sammi: Wanna just break up?

• Options
    You meant 'That he is no longer suffering' right?
    yes sorry i meant that..still in a slight state of shock..

YNWA
  • Options
    Thats ok, just pointing it out.
    no matter where you go,
    there you are.

- brain of c
  • Options
    just came across this from lordsofpain
    Jorge Gonzales (Giant Gonzalez, El Gigante), 40, is confined to a wheelchair these days. He told an Argentinean newspaper that he was doing what he could to survive, but things were rough. Gonzales is hoping to get some sort of aid from the Argentinean government. Gonzales returned to Argentina in 1995, amid rumors that his mother was ill. Gonzales has faced numerous health problems in the past few years.

YNWA
  • Options
    Carlos DCarlos D Posts: 638
    Did you know Haku is a car salesman now?
    It may be the devil or it may be the Lord
    But you're gonna have to serve somebody.

www.bebo.com/pearljam06
  • Options
    Carlos D wrote:
    Did you know Haku is a car salesman now?
    dinnoe that haha
    the most odd one has to be Bastion Booger..he has lost weight now and is an artist..he even had an art gallery or something lol.

YNWA
  • Options
    AxlUlrich wrote:
    dinnoe that haha
    the most odd one has to be Bastion Booger..he has lost weight now and is an artist..he even had an art gallery or something lol.

Haha:)That's one of the funniest things I've ever heard.

www.bebo.com/pearljam06
  • Options
    PissBottleManPissBottleMan Union City, TN Posts: 4,154
    So I watched the ECW vs. WWE last night.

I didn't get to see all of it...missed the last 30 minutes (but I have it on TiVo).

Rob Van Dam vs. Rey Mysterio restored my faith in wrestling. It was a solid match from start to finish. One of the best matches I've seen on WWE television in a while.

I liked seeing Randy Orton speak "off the cuff" in his promo. He seemed to draw off the crowd which is good.

However, the production is still too polished. Seeing those guys wrestle in front of a large audience with all these production elements doesn't seem right.

Plus, I'm not too big on having all these WWE guys go to ECW. It should be a separate brand on it's own.

I'm still not convinced.

PBM
    "We paced ourselves and we didn't rush through it and we tried to be as creative as our collective minds would let us be over some course of time instead of just trying to rush through a record"

Wishlist Foundation: http://wishlistfoundation.org
  • Options
    One nite stand,what an event.Nice to see Cena get what he deserves.JBL was a laugh too.

www.bebo.com/pearljam06
  • Options
    i'm just happy to see Cena lose the belt..hope RVD changes to less "bling bling" belt..that belt looks like a joke.
    but well for how long will RVD keep the belt?

YNWA
  • Options
    AxlUlrich wrote:
    i'm just happy to see Cena lose the belt..hope RVD changes to less "bling bling" belt..that belt looks like a joke.
    but well for how long will RVD keep the belt?

A couple of months at least I think.I wonder if they'll finally turn Cena heel.

www.bebo.com/pearljam06
  • Options
    d-x

• Options
    d-x
    im glad this DX thing isnt gonna last long...I don't really enjoy seeing Triple H as a face.

YNWA
  • Options
    AxlUlrich wrote:
    im glad this DX thing isnt gonna last long...I don't really enjoy seeing Triple H as a face.

Here's the deal...remember when DX first started? Trips played second fiddle to Shawn...he is and always be the side-kick.

PBM
    "We paced ourselves and we didn't rush through it and we tried to be as creative as our collective minds would let us be over some course of time instead of just trying to rush through a record"

• Options
    Here's the deal...remember when DX first started? Trips played second fiddle to Shawn...he is and always be the side-kick.

PBM
    I am just bored of WWE bringing back popular stables etc to improve sales of their new dvd,book or any form of merchandising.
    this also has alot to do with the very good sales of Jakks' Classic Series action figures.
    since they been selling like hotcakes, WWE introduced the whole Legends contract thing and bringing back the oldies for cameos cos they think there is still a market for the Classics.

YNWA
  • Options
    tybirdtybird Posts: 17,388
    AxlUlrich wrote:
    I am just bored of WWE bringing back popular stables etc to improve sales of their new dvd,book or any form of merchandising.
    this also has alot to do with the very good sales of Jakks' Classic Series action figures.
    since they been selling like hotcakes, WWE introduced the whole Legends contract thing and bringing back the oldies for cameos cos they think there is still a market for the Classics.
    When has the WWE not been about making the most money possible????? The E should stand for "Economy", not "Entertainment."
    All the world will be your enemy, Prince with a thousand enemies, and whenever they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you, digger, listener, runner, prince with the swift warning. Be cunning and full of tricks and your people shall never be destroyed.
  • Options
    tybird wrote:
    When has the WWE not been about making the most money possible????? The E should stand for "Economy", not "Entertainment."
    I just read from PWtorch that Vince will indeed have the final say in the creative side to ECW lol..
    bye bye ECW...

YNWA
  • Options
    tybirdtybird Posts: 17,388
    AxlUlrich wrote:
    I just read from PWtorch that Vince will indeed have the final say in the creative side to ECW lol..
    bye bye ECW...
    It's all about keeping the "brand" profitable.................you buy WCW/ECW so that no one else can use the name, plus you get their video library ($$$$$$). You revive ECW as a counterweight against rising competition. You spend Millions and millions of dollars to fight the World Wildlife Fund for the rights to WWF. You sell butt loads of stock......now you have to keep the printing presses busy churning out the greenbacks or the stock takes a plunge. You don't take risks, because a bad risk equals downtime for the money printing presses.
    All the world will be your enemy, Prince with a thousand enemies, and whenever they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you, digger, listener, runner, prince with the swift warning. Be cunning and full of tricks and your people shall never be destroyed.
  • Options
    i know its kind of sad to see vince bring back ECW. but im gonna watch ECW tonight.

• Options
    i know its kind of sad to see vince bring back ECW. but im gonna watch ECW tonight.

I fastforwarded through Raw when I got home tonight...it took me less than 10 minutes.

I'm actually going to watch ECW live tonight...looking forward to it. Even though Vince has finally say...I have faith in Paul.

PBM

• Options
    I fastforwarded through Raw when I got home tonight...it took me less than 10 minutes.

I'm actually going to watch ECW live tonight...looking forward to it. Even though Vince has finally say...I have faith in Paul.

PBM
    raw sucked execpt for d-x. i honestly dont know how much control vince is gonna let paul have. but if he does let paul have total control of it,then i think it might have a shot of being good.i think vince brought ecw back cause of tna

• Options
    Yeah...he had to do something to cover up the fact that his promotion is terrible.

At least this has a little potential to be good.

If TNA would go live...I would watch more.

PBM

• Options
    yes if TNA went live i think more people would watch. i just hate watching taped wrestling. but i waych it anyway cause its actually pretty good. there ppv's are the best i ahve seen in years