Any wrestling fans?

Comments

• PissBottleManPissBottleMan Posts: 4,154
    I just about stopped watching Raw on Mondays, but I tune into ECW every week...usually I fast forward with TiVo.

However, last night was a stellar show. Love those NYC crowds.

PBM
    "We paced ourselves and we didn't rush through it and we tried to be as creative as our collective minds would let us be over some course of time instead of just trying to rush through a record"

Wishlist Foundation: http://wishlistfoundation.org
  • tybirdtybird Posts: 17,388
    I just about stopped watching Raw on Mondays, but I tune into ECW every week...usually I fast forward with TiVo.

However, last night was a stellar show. Love those NYC crowds.

PBM
    I had to leave mid-show to go pick up my parents at the airport, that we were flipping back and forth to the MTV Day 1 on VH1 Classics.
    All the world will be your enemy, Prince with a thousand enemies, and whenever they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you, digger, listener, runner, prince with the swift warning. Be cunning and full of tricks and your people shall never be destroyed.
    The NYC fans were brutal to Big Show and Batista.

Chants of the night:

"Change the Channel"

"You can't wrestle"

PBM
    "We paced ourselves and we didn't rush through it and we tried to be as creative as our collective minds would let us be over some course of time instead of just trying to rush through a record"

Chants of the night:

"Change the Channel"

"You can't wrestle"

PBM
    Sweeet..........they do need to let ECW stand on its own..........end the parade of WWE stars (term used loosely) to wrestle the ECW champion every damn broadcast..and kick Test back to the curb.....I was excited to catch a glimpse of Roadkill during what I did get to see last night.
    All the world will be your enemy, Prince with a thousand enemies, and whenever they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you, digger, listener, runner, prince with the swift warning. Be cunning and full of tricks and your people shall never be destroyed.
    tybird wrote:
    Sweeet..........they do need to let ECW stand on its own..........end the parade of WWE stars (term used loosely) to wrestle the ECW champion every damn broadcast..and kick Test back to the curb.....I was excited to catch a glimpse of Roadkill during what I did get to see last night.

I actually didn't mind the WWE guys there last night...the crowd made up for it. If they would do a live show in NYC or Philly every week, the show would be enjoyable.

Did you see the first match? The crowd did a "You suck Dick" chant and they had to lower the crowd noise. It was a great show.

PBM

I actually didn't mind the WWE guys there last night...the crowd made up for it. If they would do a live show in NYC or Philly every week, the show would be enjoyable.

Did you see the first match? The crowd did a "You suck Dick" chant and they had to lower the crowd noise. It was a great show.

PBM
    No...........missed it.........too engrossed in that replay of MTV's first day. Sounds like the only thing missing was a "crack whore" chant. :D
    tybird wrote:
    No...........missed it.........too engrossed in that replay of MTV's first day. Sounds like the only thing missing was a "crack whore" chant. :D

They did a "She's got Herpes" chant...close enough. ;)

PBM

They did a "She's got Herpes" chant...close enough. ;)

PBM
    Where's Joel Gertner when we need him......................:)
  • The NYC fans were brutal to Big Show and Batista.

Chants of the night:

"Change the Channel"

"You can't wrestle"

PBM

I also enjoyed "Same Old S***!"

While I commend Big Show and Batista for enduring the hostile crowd, their match was a big stinkeroo.

Enjoyed CM Punk, and the ECW faithful seemed to as well. An Angle/Punk feud would be money.
  • Gary CarterGary Carter Posts: 14,067

Chants of the night:

"Change the Channel"

"You can't wrestle"

PBM
    we always are to shity wrestling
    Ron: I just don't feel like going out tonight
    Sammi: Wanna just break up?

• I dont mind the Raw and Smackdown crossovers they just need to keep the crowds small for the show. If they could do it at the Hammerstein or ECW arena in Philadelphia every week it would be great. Its when its taped or live before or after smackdown that it sucks. The crowd deffinately was a major part of the show.
    The crowd deffinately was a major part of the show.

I concur...that's the element they've been missing. The show was enjoyable because of the crowd.

PBM

Whoa...Jeff Hardy is back with WWE...he just signed a deal.

Hopefully, they will put Jeff and Matt in ECW.

PBM

PBM
    Where had he been???? Put them in the ECW and move Test to Smackdown....he's the pits.

I am glad that they finally let Booker take the title.........another talent buried because of Vince's grudge against the WCW.
  • Gary CarterGary Carter Posts: 14,067

PBM
    poor jeff hardy
    Ron: I just don't feel like going out tonight
    Sammi: Wanna just break up?

• xkevvxxkevvx Posts: 348
    I like Matt Hardy but I never cared for Jeff. But here's an interesting piece from an interview with Jeff on WWE.com.
    WWE.com wrote:
    Bound to his family, Jeff explained that he’s watched his brother, Matt, on television every week since his departure and he is looking forward to once again joining his former partner in the ring and on the road.

“Two things [Matt and I] have in common more than anything are Pearl Jam and [sports entertainment]. Our creativity when it comes to wrestling is pretty much unparalleled. The things we created – the moves, the new ideas – it just flowed.”
  • xkevvx wrote:
    I like Matt Hardy but I never cared for Jeff. But here's an interesting piece from an interview with Jeff on WWE.com.

Great quote, it was The Hardys that got me into Pearl Jam :)
    Pearl Jam - London Astoria 20/4/06....One hell of a night :)

Reading 2006 - WOOOOW!!!!!

Paris 2006 - Fucking amazing

Wembley 2007 :D
    Great quote, it was The Hardys that got me into Pearl Jam :)

It was Pearl Jam that got me into Matt Hardy.
  • xkevvx wrote:
    It was Pearl Jam that got me into Matt Hardy.

haha

Christ.....this is the funniest thing I've ever seen. It's the "Heroes of Burke County" wrestling documentary. Even if you don't like wrestling this thing is hilarious. Watch it....

http://www.highspots.tv/product.asp?id=15212
  • ANybody see that Angle retired. Probably for his own good. There were rumors that after Eddie's death that Angle's would have been next going the road he was taking.
  • Just read that Russo is back in charge of creative in TNA...could be a turning point for them...

...or it could be WCW (circa 1999).

PBM

• Just read that Russo is back in charge of creative in TNA...could be a turning point for them...

...or it could be WCW (circa 1999).

PBM

Russo was a creative genious, wwe needs him back on the team. The days when Russo was head of creative were the good old fucking days

• Russo was a creative genious, wwe needs him back on the team. The days when Russo was head of creative were the good old fucking days

He's a born-again Christian now...some of the racy stuff he did back in the Attitude era wouldn't fly now.

PBM

• He's a born-again Christian now...some of the racy stuff he did back in the Attitude era wouldn't fly now.

PBM

Religion ruins everything

• Religion ruins everything

I wouldn't go that far. ;)

But yeah...

PBM

They need to let Heyman run/write/script ECW.......toss out the WWE rejects {Big Slow, Test, Striker (lame, lame, lame)}, tape in smaller arenas, make all matches "extreme rules"..........the product is beginning to really turn me off.

I do have TIVO, and I can never remember when TNA is on.........so I never see it.
  • tybird wrote:
    They need to let Heyman run/write/script ECW.......toss out the WWE rejects {Big Slow, Test, Striker (lame, lame, lame)}, tape in smaller arenas, make all matches "extreme rules"..........the product is beginning to really turn me off.

I do have TIVO, and I can never remember when TNA is on.........so I never see it.

I agree with the Heyman idea...it will never happen though. Vince is too much of a control freak. I watched the first few episodes...now I TiVo it and still don't watch it. I stopped watching RAW completely.

I'm hoping TNA can step up their game...something needs to be done...wrestling is pretty bad lately.

I'd rather watch UFC or the Ultimate Fighter on Spike.

PBM

I'll admit these aren't the best of times.......Vince thinks that he or his family are what make the wheels spin.......sorry, wrong answer. Too many of the top-flight superstars are moving on from the business, and the ones left are becoming gag lines for the supposed next generation. A generation that is sadly lacking in originality and pop. If Chris Masters, Johnny Nitro and the Spirit Squad are the future of the business..........then it has no future.
  • I've stopped watching Raw, ECW and Smackdown completely. Not even setting the TiVO for them anymore. I'll keep reading the reports and spoilers, but it's going to take some consistently good booking for me to get back to watching any sort of WWE programming. McMahons - old. DX - old. Cena - tired gimmick, trying to be a poor man's blend of Stone Cold and the Rock. ECW - worthless, save for CM Punk.

I hope Russo doesn't screw up TNA too much. Since he and Jarrett are good friends, I really hope that doesn't mean 24 straight months of Jarrett as a main event champion. Who knows? Maybe they'll catch lightning in a bottle this time around and take off creatively. Put the strap on Samoa Joe already.

Rumor has it that TNA is getting a better timeslot soon. Maybe expanded to two hours even?