Options

Any wrestling fans?

Comments

• Options
    PissBottleManPissBottleMan Union City, TN Posts: 4,154
    The best ECW show they aired on USA was the one from the Hammerstein.

That crowd made the show enjoyable...mainly because they were voicing their displeasure with the current product. They cheered the stuff that was solid and booed the garbage. Reminded me of old ECW.

If someone blew a spot, you could hear "You fucked up, you fucked up"...now, that's entertaining.

PBM
    "We paced ourselves and we didn't rush through it and we tried to be as creative as our collective minds would let us be over some course of time instead of just trying to rush through a record"

Wishlist Foundation: http://wishlistfoundation.org
  • Options
    tybirdtybird Posts: 17,388
    save for CM Punk.

I hope Russo doesn't screw up TNA too much. Since he and Jarrett are good friends, I really hope that doesn't mean 24 straight months of Jarrett as a main event champion. Who knows? Maybe they'll catch lightning in a bottle this time around and take off creatively. Put the strap on Samoa Joe already.

Rumor has it that TNA is getting a better timeslot soon. Maybe expanded to two hours even?
    C.M. Punk....is it me or does he have a tat of the Pepsi logo nicely placed for maximum T.V. exposure on his arm??

Jarrett.......the main reason that I have not been as willing to try the TNA product. I absolutely have no use for him.........he brings me no entertainment value.
    All the world will be your enemy, Prince with a thousand enemies, and whenever they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you, digger, listener, runner, prince with the swift warning. Be cunning and full of tricks and your people shall never be destroyed.
  • Options
    The best ECW show they aired on USA was the one from the Hammerstein.

That crowd made the show enjoyable...mainly because they were voicing their displeasure with the current product. They cheered the stuff that was solid and booed the garbage. Reminded me of old ECW.

If someone blew a spot, you could hear "You fucked up, you fucked up"...now, that's entertaining.

PBM

That has been the only ECW show I have enjoyed. When they do another show at Hammerstein, that's when I'll probably watch it again. I loved how the crowd took a crap on the Big Show/Batista match. I'm tired of having all these "special guest stars" from Raw and Smackdown on ECW every week. Yeah, I know, they're trying to get some crossover ratings appeal from the other shows, but it just makes it look more and more like Raw-Lite... which is what the new ECW is... which is why I can't stand watching it anymore.
  • Options
    tybird wrote:
    Jarrett.......the main reason that I have not been as willing to try the TNA product. I absolutely have no use for him.........he brings me no entertainment value.

Give TNA a shot. I'm no fan of Jarrett either, but there's plenty more on the show that gets featured justly. IMO, one episode of TNA Impact packs more wrestling and storylines in just an hour than five hours of Raw/Smackdown/ECW each week.
  • Options
    T I loved how the crowd took a crap on the Big Show/Batista match. I'm tired of having all these "special guest stars" from Raw and Smackdown on ECW every week. Yeah, I know, they're trying to get some crossover ratings appeal from the other shows, but it just makes it look more and more like Raw-Lite... which is what the new ECW is... which is why I can't stand watching it anymore.
    Boooooooooooooo........."special guest stars" from Raw and Smackdown, and like I said earlier, ditch the Raw refugees {Test, "Hardcore" Holley, Matt Striker and the Big Slow} and use ECW character templates.......not stupid McMahon character templates. Roadkill, the angry Amish chicken Plucker, was a great character. Matt Striker is a turd in the punch bowl.
    All the world will be your enemy, Prince with a thousand enemies, and whenever they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you, digger, listener, runner, prince with the swift warning. Be cunning and full of tricks and your people shall never be destroyed.
  • Options
    Give TNA a shot. I'm no fan of Jarrett either, but there's plenty more on the show that gets featured justly. IMO, one episode of TNA Impact packs more wrestling and storylines in just an hour than five hours of Raw/Smackdown/ECW each week.
    If I could just remember to watch it...............I would probably give it a try, but watching Jarrett is really hard.........simply despise him and his character.
  • Options
    tybird wrote:
    If I could just remember to watch it...............I would probably give it a try, but watching Jarrett is really hard.........simply despise him and his character.

I am willing to take on 10 Jeff Jarrett's over 1 Triple H.

PBM
    "We paced ourselves and we didn't rush through it and we tried to be as creative as our collective minds would let us be over some course of time instead of just trying to rush through a record"

• Options
    I am willing to take on 10 Jeff Jarrett's over 1 Triple H.

PBM
    That's a tough one to call...........as strange as it sounds.........I can watch Triple H before I can endure Jarrett. Sorry......just despise the man.
  • Options
    tybird wrote:
    That's a tough one to call...........as strange as it sounds.........I can watch Triple H before I can endure Jarrett. Sorry......just despise the man.

Here's the thing with Trips that I don't like. He used to play second fiddle to Shawn back in '97/'98...Shawn left...then he buttered up to the bosses daughter and gained control of his career.

He's decent...no where near the level of Steve, Rock, Mick or Shawn. He's where he's at because he plays the political game (no pun).

Sure Jeff does the same thing, but it seems more apparant with Trips. He's rammed down our throats every week.

I wish someone would step forward and put him in his place. Folks seem willing to do that "off the record" or after they've left WWE.

There needs to be some sort of revolution.

Actually, that's a good angle for TNA.

PBM

• Options
    Here's the thing with Trips that I don't like. He used to play second fiddle to Shawn back in '97/'98...Shawn left...then he buttered up to the bosses daughter and gained control of his career.

He's decent...no where near the level of Steve, Rock, Mick or Shawn. He's where he's at because he plays the political game (no pun).

Sure Jeff does the same thing, but it seems more apparant with Trips. He's rammed down our throats every week.

I wish someone would step forward and put him in his place. Folks seem willing to do that "off the record" or after they've left WWE.

There needs to be some sort of revolution.

Actually, that's a good angle for TNA.

PBM

Agree with you 100% on everything that you posted.........I just can't stomach Jarrett..........never have........WWE, WWF, WCW, NWA.....wherever and whenever he wrestled.
  • Options
    I'm a wresting fan I just saw the here in mexico WWE RAW!! John cena champion!! :D it was awesome and rey mysterio vs chavo guerrero and of course Rey won!! it was pretty fun!! ;)
    Pearl Jam Mexico 2005, The greatest year ever!
    December 9, 10 - ESTA BIEN, ESTA BIEEEEEN!

www.myspace.com/clau_yellowled
  • Options
    Holy s#@! It was just announced that Kurt Angle has signed with TNA.

wow.

I think he's still under a no-compete clause for awhile. I hope he's healthy enough to go after it expires. If he wants to keep wrestling but reduce wear and tear on his body, TNA is definitely the way to go. 2 to 3 week advance tapings in Orlando plus one monthly PPV. No real schedule of house shows, so you're looking at working around 3 nights a month. Compare that to the WWE, where there is traveling to each weekly TV taping plus usually another two or so house shows during the same week.

What a coup for TNA. Hopefully Russo doesn't drop the ball with this one.
  • Options
    seanw1010seanw1010 Posts: 1,205
    who watches this crap?????????????
    they call them fingers, but i never see them fing. oh, there they go
  • Options
    This is a very good thing for TNA...if they book things right.

Obviously, this opens the door for other "big name" wrestlers to jump ship if this is successful.

WWE will have to step up their game.

While the move to prime time is nice for TNA, I hope they decide to go live at some point...that's when I'll start watching consistantly...instead of TiVo'ing it.

PBM

• Options
    WWE will have to step up their game.

In the eyes of the WWE, that probably means bringing back the NWO & Four Horsemen, and then having Triple H face Vince for the title at Wrestlemania. :rolleyes:

I truly dislike the WWE right now.
  • Options
    ok, so Angle was fired by WWE on August 25th and has a 90 day no-compete clause. This means he'll be able to work for TNA in mid to late November, around the same time when TNA will be receiving a better timeslot from Spike TV.

TNA now has the two best active professional wrestlers on their roster in Kurt Angle and Samoa Joe.

If there are any other "big names" considering making a jump to TNA, I would put Jericho at the top of the list.
  • Options
    In the eyes of the WWE, that probably means bringing back the NWO & Four Horsemen, and then having Triple H face Vince for the title at Wrestlemania. :rolleyes:

Hummmmm........maybe you are secretly a writer for the WWE. ;)

I did not know that Angle was fired..........I actually thought that he quit of his own accord. For what reasons was he supposedly fired???
  • Options

I don't know...I think when they are faced with competition, they truely step up their game.

Remember the mid-90's? God, it was awful. Then, Vince gave the book to Russo and Ed Ferrera and things picked up.

Hopefully, Vince will realize he needs to change. If not, no big deal. I supported WWE back when WCW took off...I'm done. He's put out garbage, consistantly, since he bought WCW.

What he's doing to ECW is a disgrace.

Good for TNA. I hope disgruntled WWE Employees find their way to Orlando sooner than later.

PBM

• Options
    tybird wrote:
    For what reasons was he supposedly fired???

I'm not positive, but I think it was a drug (i.e. prescription) abuse situation.

PBM

• Options
    I'm not positive, but I think it was a drug (i.e. prescription) abuse situation.

PBM
    That's almost like Metallica when they kicked Mustaine because he drank too much...:rolleyes:

BTW, what ever happened to Lesnar after his aborted attempt at making the Minnesota Vikings???
  • Options
    tybird wrote:
    TBTW, what ever happened to Lesnar after his aborted attempt at making the Minnesota Vikings???

He decided to get back into pro wrestling...in Japan. I know he had a no-compete lawsuit with WWE at one point. I'm not sure of the status right now.

PBM

• Options
    tybird wrote:
    That's almost like Metallica when they kicked Mustaine because he drank too much...:rolleyes:

BTW, what ever happened to Lesnar after his aborted attempt at making the Minnesota Vikings???

Brock Lesnar has gone into MMA
    Pearl Jam - London Astoria 20/4/06....One hell of a night :)

Reading 2006 - WOOOOW!!!!!

Paris 2006 - Fucking amazing

Wembley 2007 :D
  • Options
    tybird wrote:
    For what reasons was he supposedly fired???

PBM

An addiction to painkillers for starters. Angle has refused to go to rehab for treatment. Also, he has recently pushed his body past the breaking point, wanting to keep wrestling with groin pulls, muscle tears, etc, and did not want to take time off to heal. At the same time, he kept making repeated requests to managment that he should have another serious run with the title. Even though Angle has always been a consummate company man, he was really starting to alleniate colleagues backstage. With that combination of problems, WWE said enough was enough and released him.

This is why I hope he can turn the corner with TNA. He'll have the opportunity to keep a much, much lighter work schedule, since TNA only runs TV/PPV events maybe a total of three nights each month. It would really give him a chance to heal both his body and mind...

... unless he makes the foolish choice to fill his free days with independent dates, which is what a lot of the current TNA roster does to supplement their income. Hopefully Angle chooses to relax from his manic workaholic ways.
  • Options
    Brock Lesnar has gone into MMA
    May I ask exactly what is the MMA???
  • Options
    tybird wrote:
    May I ask exactly what is the MMA???

Mixed martial arts....like ultimate fighting championship
    Pearl Jam - London Astoria 20/4/06....One hell of a night :)

Reading 2006 - WOOOOW!!!!!

Paris 2006 - Fucking amazing

Wembley 2007 :D
  • Options
    Thanks...was not familiar with the term
  • Options

Which is funny because Angle was teasing an MMA run last week.

PBM

• Options
    Angle posted a message online taking some shots at the WWE. Nothing too major...however, he does claim they held him back for the last 6 years.

The line is drawn in the sand.

I think the fans will benefit from all of this.

PBM

• Options
    It's funny about Angle, because after Eddy G's death, people thought Kurt was on a deathwatch due to his body breaking down and his love for pills. It will be interesting seeing how he ends up, if he really does go to TNA.
  • Options
    I thought it was funny that USA was pushing to "not miss the first 10 minutes of Raw".

So, I tune in and the power was out.

I hope this is foreshadowing.

PBM