Options

Any wrestling fans?

Comments

• Options
    Took my son to Mohegan Sun last Monday to see Raw. Pretty cool and pretty entertaining to see it live. I would take him again.
    If a man speaks in a forest and there is no woman around to hear him, is he still wrong?
  • Options
    PissBottleManPissBottleMan Union City, TN Posts: 4,154
    Trips is out 4-6 months with a new quad injury.

I'm trying to figure out what's worse:

1. Trips hogging TV time each week

2. Trips having more backstage time to give input into the current product.

PBM
    "We paced ourselves and we didn't rush through it and we tried to be as creative as our collective minds would let us be over some course of time instead of just trying to rush through a record"

Wishlist Foundation: http://wishlistfoundation.org
  • Options
    Trips is out 4-6 months with a new quad injury.

I'm trying to figure out what's worse:

1. Trips hogging TV time each week

2. Trips having more backstage time to give input into the current product.

PBM

That's a tough one. My suggestion is bring somebody back and have them join HBK in DX and keep HHH at their side so the feud with Orton and Edge can carry on in to Wrestlemania. Sucks that it's the same injury as last time, i feel bad for him. Although it cause such a clumsy finish to the match on last night's PPV.
    "This town deserves a better class of criminal... and I'm gonna give it to them."

• Options
    i feel bad for him.

He's partial to blame for the death of mainstream wrestling.

PBM
    "We paced ourselves and we didn't rush through it and we tried to be as creative as our collective minds would let us be over some course of time instead of just trying to rush through a record"

• Options
    He's partial to blame for the death of mainstream wrestling.

PBM

I agree. The last three WM main events have included HHH, that shouldn't be allowed. It's complete overkill. From what i've read, i was surprised and disappointed that WWE management were actually going to have HHH vs Cena as the main event again.
    "This town deserves a better class of criminal... and I'm gonna give it to them."

• Options
    I agree. The last three WM main events have included HHH, that shouldn't be allowed. It's complete overkill. From what i've read, i was surprised and disappointed that WWE management were actually going to have HHH vs Cena as the main event again.

You take Steph and Triple H out of the WWE equation and you might be able to salvage things.

It's been a downward spiral for several years now.

It's troubling to even watch Rob Van Damn and Sabu on ECW each week.

PBM

• Options
    tybirdtybird Posts: 17,388
    You take Steph and Triple H out of the WWE equation and you might be able to salvage things.

It's been a downward spiral for several years now.

It's troubling to even watch Rob Van Damn and Sabu on ECW each week.

PBM
    The entire re-branding of ECW has been troubling to watch IMHO. Too many WWE rejects and cast-offs promoted as main-eventers. Bad writing......too many "non-extreme" matches.

Wouldn't be great if Steph and Triple H took some time off to enjoy the baby and recover from this latest injury. They should come down here and let Dr. Andrews work on the quad and set them up in a nice rental house in a gated community. Enjoy the baby and some time off.
    All the world will be your enemy, Prince with a thousand enemies, and whenever they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you, digger, listener, runner, prince with the swift warning. Be cunning and full of tricks and your people shall never be destroyed.
  • Options
    ECW has just been a disaster, plain and simple. Guys like Test being pushed as main eventers when honestly not many people want to watch him. They shouldn't call it ECW because it barely resembles what it used to be.

The problem is that since 2001 there's barely been any competition. TNA is on the up but still can't compete fully with WWE, so there isn't as much pressure for the writing to be top notch. We all remember the Monday Night Wars; week in and week out the shows were of a high standard. Now, it's just lame for the most part.

• Options
    satansbedbugssatansbedbugs On Tour Posts: 2,410
    OH yeah, my kind of thread.....Long live "The Hitman "
    *Marker in the Sand Fanclub * HNIC

Philly- 2005, 2013, 2016
    Camden 2000, 2003, 2006, 2008, 2022
    Philly Spectrum 2009 x4 - We closed that MFER Down Proper
    DC- 2006, 2008
    New York- 2008, 2010
    Boston - Fenway 2016
    New Jersey- 2006
    Chicago - 2007
    Seattle- 2005
    EV Solo- DC x2, Baltimore x2 , Newark NJ x2,  Tower Theater x2 

- Given To Fly
  • Options
    ECW has just been a disaster, plain and simple. Guys like Test being pushed as main eventers when honestly not many people want to watch him. They shouldn't call it ECW because it barely resembles what it used to be.

The problem is that since 2001 there's barely been any competition. TNA is on the up but still can't compete fully with WWE, so there isn't as much pressure for the writing to be top notch. We all remember the Monday Night Wars; week in and week out the shows were of a high standard. Now, it's just lame for the most part.
    Well said.........Test is part of the problem, as is Hardcore Holley and the stupid school teacher dude.

And for God's sake........give Metallica their damn money where the Sandman can properly enter the ring.
    All the world will be your enemy, Prince with a thousand enemies, and whenever they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you, digger, listener, runner, prince with the swift warning. Be cunning and full of tricks and your people shall never be destroyed.
  • Options
    last night has me seriously reconsidering being a wrestling fan
  • Options
    what happened last night with Cena and Khali?
    and i actually enjoyed the DX stuff...only thing is that i wish HBK would get more mic time. hell...have Cena join DX. that would rock
  • Options
    blackngold wrote:
    what happened last night with Cena and Khali?
    and i actually enjoyed the DX stuff...only thing is that i wish HBK would get more mic time. hell...have Cena join DX. that would rock

No...no it would NOT rock...at all...lol
    Pearl Jam - London Astoria 20/4/06....One hell of a night :)

Reading 2006 - WOOOOW!!!!!

Paris 2006 - Fucking amazing

Wembley 2007 :D
  • Options
    No, the "Rosie Trump" debacle
  • Options
    blackngold wrote:
    and i actually enjoyed the DX stuff...only thing is that i wish HBK would get more mic time.

That's what's funny about this reincarnation of DX...back in '97/'98, HBK was top dog...he ran the show...and DX was better.

This time, Triple H has top billing. I just don't buy it. He will always be second fiddle to HBK.

Plus, when he tries to mimic the Jesse James intro...he butchers it.

PBM

• Options
    it all went downhill after koko-b-ware retired
    this heart's on fire
  • Options
    who thought it would be a great idea to put Khali on live TV? At least on ECW and Smackdown, they had the benefit of taping the show and editing out the most horrid of spots. On RAW, we get the pleasure of witnessing Khali in full-on unedited glory. JUDO CHOP TO HEAD! RAAAAAAAAAAHHHH!

CM Punk + Wrestlemania = buyrates
  • Options
    CM Punk + Wrestlemania = buyrates

I understand the reasoning of not pushing a guy too hard, but when he is over with the fans as much as CM Punk is...it's makes no sense to keep him on the sidelines.

Same thing with Sabu and RVD...so over with the crowd and they get buried.

PBM

• Options
    No, the "Rosie Trump" debacle
    Debacle is too kind of a description for that "action" last night........Thank God the football game was on another network.
  • Options
    I understand the reasoning of not pushing a guy too hard, but when he is over with the fans as much as CM Punk is...it's makes no sense to keep him on the sidelines.

Same thing with Sabu and RVD...so over with the crowd and they get buried.

PBM
    It's that Vinny Mac logic.......he thinks that he knows what we want to see better than we know what we what to see......so he constantly pushes what he knows we want to see whether we really want to see it or not. He' got a plan, and he's sticking to it.....whether we are drinking the kool-aid or not.
  • Options
    My viewership has declined over the past year. I was watching the Rosie/Donald thing last night and PBW walked in the room. Even I couldn't defend this crap. ;)

If TNA would go live, I would watch more...it's plain and simple. I don't care what night it's on...go live. Taped wrestling isn't as exciting.

While we're at it, will someone give ROH a tv timeslot so I can see what everyone's been talking about.

PBM

• Options
    I taped Raw and watched it earlier this afternoon. I was so so so close to turning it off. This was the 'fall-out from the ppv' show and it was disgraceful. Maybe Vinnie Mac knew the football was on and that less people would be watching so didn't think to create an interesting show.

I agree with the comments about HBK, he should be THE guy in DX. His promo last night was great, and made me excited for the match next week. Does anyone think that the handicap match is setting up the introduction of a replacement DX member while HHH is out? HBK is getting the crap beaten out of him by Edge and Orton, and at the last minute someone makes the save and reveals himself as the new member...i think it's possible.

Oh yeah, great idea to move Khali to Raw. As if the show wasn't bad enough, we get to watch this travesty of a wrestler each week. And why oh why do they promote the main event as if it's going to be amazing only to have it end with a DQ after about 2 minutes?

Vince...please please please LISTEN to the fans for once. As the crowd said last night..."we want wrestling, we want wrestling".

• Options
    His promo last night was great, and made me excited for the match next week.

Was that a cross on his DX shirt?

Huh? What?

PBM

• Options
    RAW comes to Portland in february. They have cheap tickets for 25 bones, should I do it? RAWs like last night make me think thats a no. Its close to wrestlemania though, so maybe things may be a bit better around that time.
  • Options
    Was that a cross on his DX shirt?

Huh? What?

PBM

hmmmm. what are you getting at? Excuse my stupidity.

• Options
    hmmmm. what are you getting at? Excuse my stupidity.

He had a cross (Think Jesus) on his DX shirt. Isn't that some sort of contradiction?

PBM

• Options
    He had a cross (Think Jesus) on his DX shirt. Isn't that some sort of contradiction?

PBM

Ahh yeah, very true. I know it's not exactly the same thing, but i've always found it weird that HBK objects to the skits they do which involve any sexual references, but doesn't mind blading and making people bleed and the sometimes extremes that a match goes to, eg. the ending to the tag match at New Year's Revolution.

• Options
    I taped Raw and watched it earlier this afternoon. I was so so so close to turning it off. This was the 'fall-out from the ppv' show and it was disgraceful. Maybe Vinnie Mac knew the football was on and that less people would be watching so didn't think to create an interesting show.

Vince...please please please LISTEN to the fans for once. As the crowd said last night..."we want wrestling, we want wrestling".

Fall out from what.........does not look anything actually happened at the PPV.

See my earlier post.
  • Options
    tybird wrote:
    Fall out from what.........does not look anything actually happened at the PPV.

That might be true, but the Raw following the PPV is still supposed to be an important show which takes the next step and elevates feuds further. But all we got was another attack from Umaga on Cena, which they've done already. Maybe i'm just expecting too much, but a feud for the most prestigous title in the company needs to be heated and mean something. But i don't feel like there's any real tension between them. Agh, i'm probably being picky.

But just look at past title feuds. The Rock/Austin feud was mind-blowing, even HHH/HBK feud back in 2002 was really good. What happened to these feuds? Fans really cared about these feuds. Crowds just don't respond to most things going on these days.