Options

Any wrestling fans?

Comments

• Options
    How do you think Ric Flair's body is holding up? Every time I see him on TV it looks like he is going to have a heart attack or burst a blood vessel in his neck. That guy should really think about full retirement. He must be in some kind of financial or legal trouble to keep on going like that.
  • Options
    PissBottleManPissBottleMan Union City, TN Posts: 4,154
    He must be in some kind of financial or legal trouble to keep on going like that.

I read at pwinsider.com the other day that he keeps wrestling because he has a lot of bills to pay...he's on his third marriage.

It's sad really...the spirit of "The Nature Boy" is dead and buried.

PBM
    "We paced ourselves and we didn't rush through it and we tried to be as creative as our collective minds would let us be over some course of time instead of just trying to rush through a record"

Wishlist Foundation: http://wishlistfoundation.org
  • Options
    tybirdtybird Posts: 17,388
    I read at pwinsider.com the other day that he keeps wrestling because he has a lot of bills to pay...he's on his third marriage.

It's sad really...the spirit of "The Nature Boy" is dead and buried.

PBM
    The Nature Boy vs the Spirit Squad.........now that's entertainment :rolleyes: ;)
    All the world will be your enemy, Prince with a thousand enemies, and whenever they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you, digger, listener, runner, prince with the swift warning. Be cunning and full of tricks and your people shall never be destroyed.
  • Options
    tybird wrote:
    The Nature Boy vs the Spirit Squad.........now that's entertainment :rolleyes: ;)

Space Mountain is a lonely place these days.

PBM
    "We paced ourselves and we didn't rush through it and we tried to be as creative as our collective minds would let us be over some course of time instead of just trying to rush through a record"

• Options
    I thought it was funny that USA was pushing to "not miss the first 10 minutes of Raw".

So, I tune in and the power was out.

I hope this is foreshadowing.

PBM
    PBM........could go into greater detail here...........you lost me.....:(
    All the world will be your enemy, Prince with a thousand enemies, and whenever they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you, digger, listener, runner, prince with the swift warning. Be cunning and full of tricks and your people shall never be destroyed.
  • Options
    tybird wrote:
    PBM........could go into greater detail here...........you lost me.....:(

The power went out as soon as they went live...for about the first 10 minutes, there were no lights (except for spot lights) in the arena...no pyro, nothing.

They were scrambling.

PBM

• Options
    The power went out as soon as they went live...for about the first 10 minutes, there were no lights (except for spot lights) in the arena...no pyro, nothing.

They were scrambling.

PBM
    I flipped over late.....saw the darkness at the beginning of the match between Lena and Candice Michelle....thought it looked odd........Edge as the ref had me a'changing the channel.

Didn't you mention at one time that Edge had gone back to his wife, thus dumping Lena, and that the WWE would not let them end the storyline of them as an item????
  • Options
    tybird wrote:
    Didn't you mention at one time that Edge had gone back to his wife, thus dumping Lena, and that the WWE would not let them end the storyline of them as an item????

As far as I know, they are not a couple anymore. I don't know if he's gone back with his wife, but they sure do play it off well.

PBM

• Options
    I liked it back in the day when they had the NWO and "Hollywood Hogan". What ever happened to Kevin Nash and Scott Hall. Especially when they would give someone a beat-down and then spray paint them. Ha ha.
  • Options
    I liked it back in the day when they had the NWO and "Hollywood Hogan". What ever happened to Kevin Nash and Scott Hall. Especially when they would give someone a beat-down and then spray paint them. Ha ha.

That was a great time...mainly because they broke some taboos. Hogan turning heel is something no one expected and Hall/Nash coming to WCW as invaders from WWF was pretty cool.

Hall is away from the business...Nash is sometimes featured in TNA.

PBM

• Options
    I thought it was funny that USA was pushing to "not miss the first 10 minutes of Raw".

So, I tune in and the power was out.

I hope this is foreshadowing.

PBM

ha! classic!
    I read that blurb about "don't miss the first ten minutes"!

Alas, I missed them. Then I proceeded to miss the next 110 minutes as well.
  • Options
    TNA Impact has been pulling around a 0.7 to 0.9 rating recently. Do you think the Angle announcement will have an immediate effect on ratings, even for a curiosity factor?

Also, I've been looking forward to the day when a Kurt Angle DVD was released. Do you think WWE squashes any plans to make one, or do they release one to make a quick buck on a lost commodity?
  • Options
    TNA Impact has been pulling around a 0.7 to 0.9 rating recently. Do you think the Angle announcement will have an immediate effect on ratings, even for a curiosity factor?

Also, I've been looking forward to the day when a Kurt Angle DVD was released. Do you think WWE squashes any plans to make one, or do they release one to make a quick buck on a lost commodity?
    Quick buck on a lost commodity...........that would explain the Ultimate Warrior dvd.
  • Options
    Looking forward to TNA Impact next week. They will be doing a sit-down interview with Angle.

This week's Impact was pretty good. Great development in the tag-team division... it's incredibly refreshing to see a bunch of tag teams capable of competing for the tag belts.

TNA's promo videos continue to impress me. They do a fantastic job of building PPV suspense and recapping the Impact shows.

It's great to see the heels fight over posession of the title belt. It shows that each is only concerned about their own, and to hell with the typical face vs. heel standoffs.
  • Options
    I'm trying to figure out a way for the wrestling world to grab my interest the way MMA has.

I rarely even tune into the shows anymore (could be because of the spolier information...but it could be that the shows are boring).

I watch (and look forward to) the UFC shows the same way I used to look forward to the WWE/WCW products.

It's time to re-invent themselves...it's not about entertainment...it's about wrestling.

PBM

• Options
    Gary CarterGary Carter Shea Stadium Posts: 14,002
    I'm trying to figure out a way for the wrestling world to grab my interest the way MMA has.

I rarely even tune into the shows anymore (could be because of the spolier information...but it could be that the shows are boring).

I watch (and look forward to) the UFC shows the same way I used to look forward to the WWE/WCW products.

It's time to re-invent themselves...it's not about entertainment...it's about wrestling.

PBM
    i totally agree,i havent watched wrestling in bout 2 months.im really into the MMA too,i watch it everytime its on.wrestling has seen its day
    Ron: I just don't feel like going out tonight
    Sammi: Wanna just break up?

• Options
    xkevvxxkevvx Posts: 348

PBM

And that is why we have Ring of Honor.
  • Options
    xkevvx wrote:
    And that is why we have Ring of Honor.

I've really wanted to go to an ROH show. They come to the Chicago area (Chicago Heights) once every 5-6 months or so, but I've had schedule conflicts each time around. Same holds true again for their next Chicago show on October 28th. arrrrrgh!!!!!
  • Options
    The Flair 5 tonight was the best moment in the WWE in some time
  • Options
    xkevvxxkevvx Posts: 348
    I've really wanted to go to an ROH show. They come to the Chicago area (Chicago Heights) once every 5-6 months or so, but I've had schedule conflicts each time around. Same holds true again for their next Chicago show on October 28th. arrrrrgh!!!!!

That sucks, because seeing their shows live is awesome. Have you ever actually seen ROH dvds or anything? If not, you really need to pick up some of their DVDs. They're really good if you're into the WRESTLING part of pro wrestling. The first ROH show I went to Eddie Guerrero wrestled, and at the time was the best show I was ever at. They used to have a TV show here in PA too, but since that went off the air, I haven't had a chance to see to much recent ROH. I still follow it and watch it every now and then, and it's so much better than TNA....and WWE of course. People that are fans of only WWE never seem to like it, though. But yeah, once you make it to one of their shows, you'll be blown away.
  • Options
    The Rock was fuckin awesome. Now forget it.
    Oh he fills it up with the love of a girl...
  • Options
    AxlUlrichAxlUlrich Posts: 12,652
    can't believe it..it's been a year since we lost Eddie..RIP..
    LIVERPOOL FC -18 time League Champions-15 time Charity Shield Holders-7 time League Cup Winners-7 time FA Cup Winners-5 time European Champions-4 time UEFA Cup Winners-3 time European Super Cup Winners-1 time World Super Cup Winners

Walk on with hope in your heart
    YNWA
  • Options
    AxlUlrich wrote:

I was thinkig about that, time flies by sooo fast, I still remember that whole day very well. Scary
    Pearl Jam - London Astoria 20/4/06....One hell of a night :)

Reading 2006 - WOOOOW!!!!!

Paris 2006 - Fucking amazing

Wembley 2007 :D
  • Options
    I liked it A LOT better when WWF had to compete against WCW. I miss stone cold pulling the stunner on everyone.
  • Options
    AxlUlrichAxlUlrich Posts: 12,652
    some sad news..
    Roddy Piper announced via his official website that he's been diagnosed with lymphoma cancer and will begin treatment to battle the disease immediately.

The cancer was found after Piper was hospitalized for the removal of a benign tumor in his back that had been causing Piper tremendous pain. As we noted earlier today, there had been great relief when the tumor was ruled benign, but additional tests found the lymphoma.

Piper, on his official website, commented, "It seems like I have been fighting someone, something, someplace, in some manner, my whole life. But this fight, is one I am gonna win!"

Everyone here at the site sends Piper and his family the best as he battles Lymphoma.

all the best Roddy
    LIVERPOOL FC -18 time League Champions-15 time Charity Shield Holders-7 time League Cup Winners-7 time FA Cup Winners-5 time European Champions-4 time UEFA Cup Winners-3 time European Super Cup Winners-1 time World Super Cup Winners

Walk on with hope in your heart
    YNWA
  • Options
    AxlUlrich wrote:
    some sad news..

all the best Roddy
    Truly sad.........just when his career might regain some spark.

Fight on, Roddy, fight on.

In other news, I have heard that the "Big Slow" has torn his rotator cuff and will require surgery.
  • Options
    AxlUlrich wrote:
    Roddy Piper announced via his official website that he's been diagnosed with lymphoma cancer and will begin treatment to battle the disease immediately.

The cancer was found after Piper was hospitalized for the removal of a benign tumor in his back that had been causing Piper tremendous pain. As we noted earlier today, there had been great relief when the tumor was ruled benign, but additional tests found the lymphoma.

Piper, on his official website, commented, "It seems like I have been fighting someone, something, someplace, in some manner, my whole life. But this fight, is one I am gonna win!"

Everyone here at the site sends Piper and his family the best as he battles Lymphoma.

Just when you think you have the answers.....

Get well soon Hot Rod!

PBM

• Options
    Just when you think you have the answers.....

Get well soon Hot Rod!

PBM

I was just going to work that quote in, beat me to it.
  • Options
    Gary CarterGary Carter Shea Stadium Posts: 14,002
    get well soon hot rod

AxlUlrich wrote:
    wow time flies,i found out it bout his death on here

EDDIE EDDIE EDDIE EDDIE EDDIE EDDIE EDDIE EDDIE

R.I.P EDDIE
    Ron: I just don't feel like going out tonight
    Sammi: Wanna just break up?

• Options
    Heyman is gone from WWECW.

Best thing I've heard in a while.

Good luck Paul!

PBM