Heroes

Comments

• Next season should be even more intriguing. I read that George Takei (from the original Star Trek)will be playing Hiro's father. Christopher Eccelston (the first of the newer Dr.Who) a great actor will be on it as well, probably a bad ass character. Oh only 8 and a half hours to go. Where have I seen the actor who plays Sylar before? Anyone? What's with the black liquid ink seeping out of the telepathic cops nose? Reminds me of The X-Files. Oh I miss Scully and Mulder!
    Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's Soul remains Unawakened.
    Anatole France
  • jamestr1jamestr1 Posts: 185
    Obsidian22 wrote:
    Where have I seen the actor who plays Sylar before? Anyone?

He was on Day 3 of "24".
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Adam_Kaufman
  • Ok, I just caught up on my DVR'd episodes of Heros. Can't wait till tonight. But here is my question. If Sylar can see the inner workings of the genetically evoled peoples brains, how come he didn't know that he had the wrong cheerleader? Am I missing something?
    "Man cannot discover new oceans unless he has the courage to lose sight of the shore."

10/21/06 & 10/22/06 (Bridge Shows)
  • Ok, I just caught up on my DVR'd episodes of Heros. Can't wait till tonight. But here is my question. If Sylar can see the inner workings of the genetically evoled peoples brains, how come he didn't know that he had the wrong cheerleader? Am I missing something?

good point!

can't wait until tonight! :)
    "you shall be released" ~ EV
  • this show keeps getting better every episode! :) "fallout" was one of the best yet...the scene at the end was very cool. it was yet another of isaac's paintings. i'm guessing peter runs into the guy with the radiation powers at some point...

i'm wondering why claire mouthed the words "i'm sorry" to peter in that scene?

...also it looks like the haitian, the guy who nullifies powers and wipes out memories, is not following orders from claire's father anymore...same with eden...i hope she is not dead! :(

can't wait for next week! :)
  • brainofPJbrainofPJ Posts: 2,361
    Ok, I just caught up on my DVR'd episodes of Heros. Can't wait till tonight. But here is my question. If Sylar can see the inner workings of the genetically evoled peoples brains, how come he didn't know that he had the wrong cheerleader? Am I missing something?

and why wait to break out of his cell when he could have done it at anytime?

Esther's here and she's sick?

hi Esther, now we are all going to be sick, thanks
  • intodeepintodeep Posts: 7,228
    WOW

THat episode was so awesome. Best one yet. I can't wait for jan 22. I'm assuming eden (i think that is her name) is dead and that kind of sucks i was starting to like her charector.

I don't even know where to start so much stuff happend!
    Charlotte 00
    Charlotte 03
    Asheville 04
    Atlanta 12
    Greenville 16, Columbia 16
    Seattle 18 
    Nashville 22
  • intodeep wrote:
    WOW

THat episode was so awesome. Best one yet. I can't wait for jan 22. I'm assuming eden (i think that is her name) is dead and that kind of sucks i was starting to like her charector.

I don't even know where to start so much stuff happend!

i know...it's getting complex, eh? hiro's time travel is going to start creating some paradoxes! :)

i'm with you on eden...although i liked her from the start ;)

i thought there was a show next week, but i guess it's not coming back until the 22nd of jan, you say? :(
  • brain of cbrain of c Posts: 5,213
    peter rocks. the others will save him.
  • LedZepFanLedZepFan Posts: 1,009
    I dunno that ending wasnt as crazy as I thought...it feels like they cut a season in half and theyre just making us wait till late january now.
    I've faced it, a life wasted, and I'm never going back again.

Some die just to live.
    LedZepFan wrote:
    I dunno that ending wasnt as crazy as I thought...it feels like they cut a season in half and theyre just making us wait till late january now.

I thought the ending was pretty wild. You had eden die, peter is sick and somehow he is dreaming the future now, you find out he is the bomb that blows up.......

That was crazy enough for me :)
    Charlotte 00
    Charlotte 03
    Asheville 04
    Atlanta 12
    Seattle 18 
    Nashville 22
  • brain of cbrain of c Posts: 5,213
    i hate waiting.
    I missed it 'live' last night. I have to catch the replay on NBC.com tonight. I noticed it's on Friday night on SCIFI, too. But at a bad time for me. Like 6:00PM.
  • If Sylar can see the inner workings of the genetically evoled peoples brains, how come he didn't know that he had the wrong cheerleader? Am I missing something?

Sylar might have an intuition about people, but he still has to open up the heads to see exactly how the inner workings function.

He doesn't instinctively know who's special, he's using "The List" to find them. That's why he didn't know he had the wrong cheerleader until he actually witnessed Claire heal.
  • The last 10 minutes were wild. I think I need to watch it again. Something is going on with Peter...turning into the fiery thing? What the fuck?
    Keep the big door open and everyone will come around.
  • DMBlover wrote:
    The last 10 minutes were wild. I think I need to watch it again. Something is going on with Peter...turning into the fiery thing? What the fuck?

I would imagine he's taking on the powers of that Radioactive/Nuclear guy who escaped from the FBI/Homeland Security/whatever.
  • aNiMaLaNiMaL Posts: 7,117
    I would imagine he's taking on the powers of that Radioactive/Nuclear guy who escaped from the FBI/Homeland Security/whatever.
    Yep, thats what I think too!

And.....is the politician brother a morphed image of Sylar???????
  • Can someone please explain to me the roll of Claires dad? That's pretty much the only thing I am out of the loop on.
  • is he exploding just cuz he has all those special folks around him at the same time so it's all overload? who knows lol i'm lookin forward to what happens next
  • is he exploding just cuz he has all those special folks around him at the same time so it's all overload? who knows lol i'm lookin forward to what happens next

Based on what I've read, supposedly he took on Ted's radiation "powers" and that is him blowing up as a result.
    Keep the big door open and everyone will come around.
  • brainofPJbrainofPJ Posts: 2,361
    DMBlover wrote:
    Based on what I've read, supposedly he took on Ted's radiation "powers" and that is him blowing up as a result.

there was a painting of someone on fire earlier in the episode...i just realized this...

Esther's here and she's sick?

hi Esther, now we are all going to be sick, thanks
  • brainofPJ wrote:
    there was a painting of someone on fire earlier in the episode...i just realized this...

yeah, when eden was trying to persuade him to paint at claire's dad's request...that was the one he turned out, and they didn't think it meant anything at the time. peter's dream at the end makes the painting make sense now, eh?
  • Whew, I can finally read this thread. I had to avoid it all day yesterday since I hadn't watched the DVR'd episode yet....

I'm wondering too, if it's just having all those powers around him that makes him go nuclear? Too many absorbed at once maybe?
    "Man cannot discover new oceans unless he has the courage to lose sight of the shore."

• brainofPJ wrote:
    and why wait to break out of his cell when he could have done it at anytime?

I was thinking about this one too...

How were they supposedly keeping his powers dampened down and what made them think it was working?

Was it the Haitian? Did he stop?

Wow, another kick-ass episode. I can't wait for the next one.

At the end, around Peter, everyone is a Hero. And then Simone comes in, anyone else think she's a "hero"?
  • cuyler41cuyler41 Posts: 383
    jamestr wrote:
    Wow, another kick-ass episode. I can't wait for the next one.

At the end, around Peter, everyone is a Hero. And then Simone comes in, anyone else think she's a "hero"?

I wonder, they seem to be giving powers to everybody. Hard to say, She does live in new york so she might just be in town hehe. I do think that peter gets radiation guys powers and loses control. Maybe he see's Simone and Issac together and overheats :)

Claires dad must work for some government agency for finding freaks, nice of Eden to blow her brians out to stop Sylar from gettin her power :)
    cuyler41 wrote:
    Claires dad must work for some government agency for finding freaks, nice of Eden to blow her brians out to stop Sylar from gettin her power :)

Sucks that Claires dad sucked out her bf's brains about everything they had been through. They were doing so well, oh well, opens the door for Peter and Claire, although there's a bit of an age difference there.

That was nice of Eden, and just when I was getting to like her. She was doing some good things. She freed Mr. Isaac and he can still draw.
  • Whew, I can finally read this thread. I had to avoid it all day yesterday since I hadn't watched the DVR'd episode yet....

I'm wondering too, if it's just having all those powers around him that makes him go nuclear? Too many absorbed at once maybe?
    The only problem I see with that is that Peter should have gone nuclear when he got around Sylar and took on all of Sylar's powers. Unless they are combining all of Sylar's powers into one. I think he has to get close to the radioactive guy to be able to blow up like that.
  • jamestr wrote:
    Sucks that Claires dad sucked out her bf's brains about everything they had been through. They were doing so well, oh well, opens the door for Peter and Claire, although there's a bit of an age difference there.
    I think they call that illegal in some states....
    I think they call that illegal in some states....
    She is probabably... maybe... a senior and she could be... 18... maybe :D

I just checked out wikipedia and it says her actual age is 17. Not sure of her show age though.
    Charlotte 00
    Charlotte 03
    Asheville 04
    Atlanta 12
    Seattle 18 
    Nashville 22