Who wants kids?

Comments

• Sonja_SSonja_S Posts: 444
    I'd like to have 2 kids one day. Fortunately I still have a few years because I'm single and robbing a sperm bank just won't do ;)

I seem to be sending out motherly vibes already considering a woman I've never met before told me to hold her baby at the airport yesterday, so she could get all her stuff together :D
    You can tell a man from what he has to say - Neil & Tim Finn
    They love you so badly for sharing their sorrow, so pick up that guitar and go break a heart - Kris Kristofferson
  • Steve DunneSteve Dunne Posts: 4,965
    If any of your girls want to skip the fun part of having kids (making them) and go right for the pregnancy, I'll be happy to donate the necessary goods. Just come and get it. I make beautiful kids. Just offerin'... :D
    I love to turn you on
  • Sonja_SSonja_S Posts: 444
    If any of your girls want to skip the fun part of having kids (making them) and go right for the pregnancy, I'll be happy to donate the necessary goods. Just come and get it. I make beautiful kids. Just offerin'... :D

That's the beautiful thing about this board - the selfless helping out those in need :p
    You can tell a man from what he has to say - Neil & Tim Finn
    They love you so badly for sharing their sorrow, so pick up that guitar and go break a heart - Kris Kristofferson
  • I certainly want children, undecided as to how many but I know I want them. Would love a little girl I know that much :D

I grew up with two brothers, one twin and one older and that kicked ass so I suppose the same for my children wouldn't be so bad... either that or one of each... I genuinely don't know, suppose i'll stop when I feel its right, might be after 1, might be after 13!
    All I know is I can't wait to find the right person, settle down and become a parent :D
    Been to this many PJ shows: Reading 2006 London 2007 Manchester & London 2009 Dublin, Belfast, London, Nijmegen & Berlin 2010 Manchester 1 & Manchester 2 2012...

... and I still think Drive-By Truckers are better.
  • DS1119DS1119 Posts: 33,497
    I'd like to have kids but I would like to purchase them already potty trained and able to communicate and hold the weight of their own heads on their own. Preferably be able to cook to and not bother me when I'm watching tv. It wouldn't be the worst thing if they had a job and carried their own weight around the house either.
  • madtowndavemadtowndave Posts: 4,012
    DS1119 wrote:
    I'd like to have kids but I would like to purchase them already potty trained and able to communicate and hold the weight of their own heads on their own. Preferably be able to cook to and not bother me when I'm watching tv. It wouldn't be the worst thing if they had a job and carried their own weight around the house either.

Exactly. My wife wants kids, and I'm delaying until they can be born pre-programmed (Matrix style) with these life skills.
    Nashville-00
    Nashville-03
    Chicago-07
    E.V. Milwaukee-08
    Chicago 1 & 2-09
    Alpine Valley 1 & 2-11
    Wrigley-13
    St. Paul-14
    Milwaukee-14
    Denver-22
    St. Paul 1 & 2 - 23
  • the only thing im sure 100000% ,is who i want to be the mother of my children..
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
    DS1119 wrote:

Exactly. My wife wants kids, and I'm delaying until they can be born pre-programmed (Matrix style) with these life skills.

Exactly. :lol:
  • lukin2006lukin2006 Posts: 9,087
    Nope...
    I have certain rules I live by ... My First Rule ... I don't believe anything the government tells me ... George Carlin

"Life Is What Happens To You When Your Busy Making Other Plans" John Lennon
  • Beck..Beck.. Posts: 535
    I have two,who wants them...?
  • samjamsamjam Posts: 9,283
    Nope, nope, no thanks.
    "Sometimes you find yourself having to put all your faith in no faith."
    ~not a dude~
    2010: MSGx2
    2012: Made In America
    2013: Pittsburgh, Brooklynx2, Hartford, Baltimore
    2014: Leeds, Milton Keynes, Detroit
    2015: Global Citizen Festival
    2016: Phillyx2, MSGx2, Fenwayx2
    2018: Barcelona, Wrigleyx2
    Kids would be cool to have right now. I'd make them take out the trash and shit. All of the stuff I don't want to do right now.
  • comebackgirlcomebackgirl Posts: 9,885
    edited October 2012
    DS1119 wrote:
    Kids would be cool to have right now. I'd make them take out the trash and shit. All of the stuff I don't want to do right now.
    Why not just get a husband? :? ;)

I never wanted kids...I think I posted on here back when I first joined the board about this...I always thought my biological clock was broken...turns out it was just on snooze. Now I would like one or two. We'll see what happens.
    Post edited by comebackgirl on
    tumblr_mg4nc33pIX1s1mie8o1_400.gif

"I need your strength for me to be strong...I need your love to feel loved"
  • No thanks.
  • SD48277SD48277 Posts: 12,243
    No thanks.
    ditto
    ELITIST FUK
    te="DS1119"]Kids would be cool to have right now. I'd make them take out the trash and shit. All of the stuff I don't want to do right now.
    [/quote]

All the good ones are already spoken for. Duh! :fp:
    DS1119 wrote:

True. :lol: And about not wanting kids....there's something I haven't told you about our 1994 basement encounter :shock: :o :shock:

DS1119 wrote:

True. :lol: And about not wanting kids....there's something I haven't told you about our 1994 basement encounter :shock: :o :shock:

Shh. :silent:

I think your husband is lurking in the thread above us.
    DS1119 wrote:
    DS1119 wrote:

Shh. :silent:

I think your husband is lurking in the thread above us.
    Who do you think has been raising your love child? :roll: Would you like to see her? She looks just like you...

273534_100000737847177_3902208_n.jpg
    That's her out test driving a car :lol:

:fp:
    DS1119 wrote:

:fp:
    :D:lol:

• Mamasan23Mamasan23 Posts: 16,388
    Nope. No way, no how. Never have I ever had the desire for kids. And I have to be honest, there's nothing more irritating than everyone I know saying 'oh you'll change your mind' because they can't grasp the fact that I don't want kids. Maybe I'm selfish, I dunno. I've got a nephew that I love dearly and that's all I need :D
    WI '98,  WI '99 (EV),  WI '00,  Chgo '00,  MO '00,  Champaign '03,  Chgo '03,  WI '03,  IN '03,  MI '04,  Chgo '06:N1 & 2,  WI '06,  Chgo '07,  Chgo '08 (EV:N1),  Chgo '09:N1 & 2,  Chgo '11 (EV:N1),  WI '11:N1 & 2,  Philly '12,  Wrigley '13,  Pitt '13,  Buff '13, Detroit '14, MKE '14, Wrigley '16: N1 & N2, Seattle '18 N2, Wrigley '18: N1 & N2, Fenway '18 N1, STL '22, St Paul '23 N2, Chgo '23: N1 & N2
  • rick1zoo2rick1zoo2 Posts: 12,632
    Is this thread where you can post if you want to give your kids away? no?
  • rick1zoo2 wrote:
    Is this thread where you can post if you want to give your kids away? no?
    :lol::lol::lol:

no..but there is another thread that you can give away the woman you made your kids with... :fp: :lol:
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • PJinILPJinIL Posts: 433
    I have 2 awesome boys...and have thought about taking the oldest (almost 8 y.o.) to a PJ concert next tour. Anyone here take their younger kids before, and what was your experience?
    It's amazing what you hear when you take time to listen.
  • RKCNDYRKCNDY Posts: 31,013
    I read thru some of the posts here...and sounds like most people want to give theirs away...doesn't sound like there are any benefits to having kids.

I'm with mamasan...I don't want kids, never have and never will. Unfortunately, any of my friends that do have kids...their kids ADORE me...just like the person who hates cats, and they go over to a house with cats and the cats seem to be magnetized to that person and won't leave that person alone. I never get to talk to the friend I'm visiting...I always end of being the entertainer (coughbabysittercough) for the kid :evil:
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • chadwickchadwick Posts: 21,157
    i have a teenager to sell
    she's almost 18 and ready to drive you batshit crazy
    opening bids at 3:45 pm
    for poetry through the ceiling. ISBN: 1 4241 8840 7

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    the sun stands I will fight
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • Mamasan23Mamasan23 Posts: 16,388
    RKCNDY wrote:
    I read thru some of the posts here...and sounds like most people want to give theirs away...doesn't sound like there are any benefits to having kids.

I'm with mamasan...I don't want kids, never have and never will. Unfortunately, any of my friends that do have kids...their kids ADORE me...just like the person who hates cats, and they go over to a house with cats and the cats seem to be magnetized to that person and won't leave that person alone. I never get to talk to the friend I'm visiting...I always end of being the entertainer (coughbabysittercough) for the kid :evil:

Oh that is the worst!!! That used to be me...then after spending hours on a very hot day of jumping on a trampoline and dying with half a dozen ankle-biters I said I'm putting my foot down. I don't even pretend to get excited about babies anymore, I'm sure people think I'm a bitch, I could really care less. No. I don't think your baby is cute. No. I don't give a shit that they play soccer/play the violin/won some award. Nope nope nope. If your kid comes running up to me and wants to play I will direct them right back to you. :lol:
    WI '98,  WI '99 (EV),  WI '00,  Chgo '00,  MO '00,  Champaign '03,  Chgo '03,  WI '03,  IN '03,  MI '04,  Chgo '06:N1 & 2,  WI '06,  Chgo '07,  Chgo '08 (EV:N1),  Chgo '09:N1 & 2,  Chgo '11 (EV:N1),  WI '11:N1 & 2,  Philly '12,  Wrigley '13,  Pitt '13,  Buff '13, Detroit '14, MKE '14, Wrigley '16: N1 & N2, Seattle '18 N2, Wrigley '18: N1 & N2, Fenway '18 N1, STL '22, St Paul '23 N2, Chgo '23: N1 & N2
  • pandorapandora Posts: 21,855
    some funny responses here :lol:

don't think too much just know love is grand! :D
  • stargirl69stargirl69 Posts: 6,387
    Mamasan23 wrote:
    RKCNDY wrote:

Oh that is the worst!!! That used to be me...then after spending hours on a very hot day of jumping on a trampoline and dying with half a dozen ankle-biters I said I'm putting my foot down. I don't even pretend to get excited about babies anymore, I'm sure people think I'm a bitch, I could really care less. No. I don't think your baby is cute. No. I don't give a shit that they play soccer/play the violin/won some award. Nope nope nope. If your kid comes running up to me and wants to play I will direct them right back to you. :lol:

I'm with you girlies!

I can barley stand the little buggers! I don't want to hear how fabulous they are,I don't want to hear how they will become successful and change the world,funny how I never hear friend or family boast about how their spawn has the personality of Hitler or Manson,Hindley or Thatcher :twisted:

Nice that parents had the ability to procreate but must they remind everyone of that every second by dragging these snotty nosed,torn faced,whiny miniature dictators to every function that they shouldn't be at? That what babysitters were invented for!
    “There should be a place where only the things you want to happen, happen”