Who wants kids?

Comments

• Not just yet. I've only been married for a month. We'll probably start trying in a couple years.
  • Mamasan23Mamasan23 Posts: 16,388
    pandora wrote:
    BinFrog wrote:
    If you don't want kids, don't have them.

If you want kids, and have the mental capacity to raise them effectively, then have them.

Simple.
    If I had gave it that much thought I wouldn't have two lovely 20 somethings,

nobody is perfect... no parent, no child, no love.

But oh what a love! :D

I often wonder what people are afraid of? Can't be love, right?
    Maybe lack of love, failing?
    I'm not afraid of anything...I just like my life the way it is. Kids just aren't for everybody is all.
    WI '98,  WI '99 (EV),  WI '00,  Chgo '00,  MO '00,  Champaign '03,  Chgo '03,  WI '03,  IN '03,  MI '04,  Chgo '06:N1 & 2,  WI '06,  Chgo '07,  Chgo '08 (EV:N1),  Chgo '09:N1 & 2,  Chgo '11 (EV:N1),  WI '11:N1 & 2,  Philly '12,  Wrigley '13,  Pitt '13,  Buff '13, Detroit '14, MKE '14, Wrigley '16: N1 & N2, Seattle '18 N2, Wrigley '18: N1 & N2, Fenway '18 N1, STL '22, St Paul '23 N2, Chgo '23: N1 & N2
  • pandorapandora Posts: 21,855
    Mamasan23 wrote:
    pandora wrote:
    BinFrog wrote:

If you want kids, and have the mental capacity to raise them effectively, then have them.

Simple.

I'm not afraid of anything...I just like my life the way it is. Kids just aren't for everybody is all.
    I liked my life too before I had them now I can't imagine life without them.
    I guess like love.
    I guess like puppies ;) or kitties ;) kidding... sort of.

But you are very right some people do not want kids. I do think some, not you of course,
    choose not to based on poor relationships, disappointing relationships and fear
    to some degree plays a part. Some don't find the right partner, some one partner
    does not want to be a parent, time gets away.

In my age group, approaching 60, some of the double income no kids
    they wish they had chosen different. Mortality can do that to a person.
    They wonder an awful lot what would have been.

I see they would have been great parents and I miss knowing their offspring.
    Life is a gift we give each other.
  • RKCNDYRKCNDY Posts: 31,013
    Mamasan23 wrote:

neither am I...I just feel that kids are like bad music, "only tolerable in very small doses".
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • DS1119DS1119 Posts: 33,497
    Weird thing is kids like me. I walk into a room and I can't shake them. They're like lint I can't get off a sweater.
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    kids are good for yard work and snow shoveling and wiping my ass when i'm 85
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • JOEJOEJOEJOEJOEJOE Posts: 10,483
    Mamasan23 wrote:
    pandora wrote:
    BinFrog wrote:

Simple.

Why question someone who obviously knows whats best for everyone?

The nerve of you! :?
  • Mamasan23Mamasan23 Posts: 16,388
    JOEJOEJOE wrote:

Drats....I knew I was missing the boat somewhere there!! :lol:
    WI '98,  WI '99 (EV),  WI '00,  Chgo '00,  MO '00,  Champaign '03,  Chgo '03,  WI '03,  IN '03,  MI '04,  Chgo '06:N1 & 2,  WI '06,  Chgo '07,  Chgo '08 (EV:N1),  Chgo '09:N1 & 2,  Chgo '11 (EV:N1),  WI '11:N1 & 2,  Philly '12,  Wrigley '13,  Pitt '13,  Buff '13, Detroit '14, MKE '14, Wrigley '16: N1 & N2, Seattle '18 N2, Wrigley '18: N1 & N2, Fenway '18 N1, STL '22, St Paul '23 N2, Chgo '23: N1 & N2
  • DS1119 wrote:
    Weird thing is kids like me. I walk into a room and I can't shake them. They're like lint I can't get off a sweater.
    kids and cats always gravitate to the people that don't like them...best way to get them to avoid you is to act like you like them :lol:
    tumblr_mg4nc33pIX1s1mie8o1_400.gif

"I need your strength for me to be strong...I need your love to feel loved"
    DS1119 wrote:
    kids and cats always gravitate to the people that don't like them...best way to get them to avoid you is to act like you like them :lol:

I knew you would say cats too and they do. My buddy's ex wife had two cats...Kurt and Kelly...and whenever I was over I couldn't shake those little fuckers. I'd wake up in the middle of the night and they would be sleeping on my pillow and shit like that. :fp:
  • Mamasan23 wrote:
    JOEJOEJOE wrote:

:lol:

I have several older co-workers who have never had children and are very happy with their decision and don't seem to regret it a bit. I don't know why it's so hard for some people to respect that decision :? I always said I would rather not have kids and regret that decision than have them and regret having them.

• DS1119 wrote:
    DS1119 wrote:

I knew you would say cats too and they do. My buddy's ex wife had two cats...Kurt and Kelly...and whenever I was over I couldn't shake those little fuckers. I'd wake up in the middle of the night and they would be sleeping on my pillow and shit like that. :fp:
    you spooned them, didn't you, you sick sob? I knew it :fp: :lol:

you spooned them, didn't you, you sick sob? I knew it :fp: :lol:

:nono:
  • i respect all opinions,and we all should do that..if someone wants or doesnt want kids is their business..noone cant judge that..
    actually,i found more clear the answer,the ones said,i dont want kids..
    seriosly,i prefer someone not have kids,than someone have kids and do bad parenting..cos u cant take that back..
    but as a general,even i dont have kids,i feel kids is blessing to somoene..
    i hope all having kids,realise,that the main role of them is to be parents and try hard..
    is a non stop thing..
    the rest of us,that maybe we never find out..we just guessing and assuming things

but ill add something to that..after my sis bring my nephew to the world,i felt in love with that buddy..same with the kids of my favo girl..
    its really so amazing those little ones..
    cant imagine how will be to have mine..
    and for sure..feels i can bever stop worry for them like crazy..

so..who know..i dont have an answer if i want or not..

but i know ill love them more than everything
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • mikalinamikalina Posts: 7,206
    I like what you said Dimi -

" i prefer someone not have kids,than someone have kids and do bad parenting..cos u cant take that back"..

Being a parent is the hardest job in the world and not everyone should be parents...
    ********************************************************************************************* image
  • BinFrogBinFrog Posts: 7,309
    but ill add something to that..after my sis bring my nephew to the world,i felt in love with that buddy..

I was an uncle 2x before I had my own child. I was enamoured with my niece and nephew (still am), and it was a great learning experience. I babysat overnight, fed them, changed diapers....you name it. Best experience possible before having your own.
    Bright eyed kid: "Wow Typo Man, you're the best!"
    Typo Man: "Thanks kidz, but remembir, stay in skool!"
  • BinFrog wrote:
    but ill add something to that..after my sis bring my nephew to the world,i felt in love with that buddy..

I was an uncle 2x before I had my own child. I was enamoured with my niece and nephew (still am), and it was a great learning experience. I babysat overnight, fed them, changed diapers....you name it. Best experience possible before having your own.
    im doing the same with my 2 nephews :)
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,410
    we can't wait! :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Sprunkn7Sprunkn7 Posts: 5,286
    I don't have any and wish I did. My fertile years were not in my favor I'm afraid. Most of the time I'm good with it. Every so often it sneaks up on me and makes me sad. That feeling usually goes away pretty fast. I love my life :)
    Thank you fellow 10 clubber for saving my ass....again!!!
    Sprunkn7 wrote:
    I don't have any and wish I did. My fertile years were not in my favor I'm afraid. Most of the time I'm good with it. Every so often it sneaks up on me and makes me sad. That feeling usually goes away pretty fast. I love my life :)
    I think you just love period! :clap:

You are an amazing person, generous, and you change peoples lives! :D
    Mamasan23 wrote:
    JOEJOEJOE wrote:

I and those with children, very much respect peoples decisions not to have kids,
    we certainly don't want children raised unwanted.

But I and we, as others have shared, are enjoying a love that is outside ourselves,
    a special bond and of course because it is very fulfilling we share the news about that.

Not trying to change anyone's mind just speaking of our experience.
    Those with special kids in their lives are enjoying similar
    and perhaps from this will someday decide to have a child of their own.

It is a huge decision to make... fun is wonderful, no parenting responsibility might be great
    but for some that is incomparable to being a Mother or Father. Just two sides to the coin.
  • Sprunkn7 wrote:
    you are so lovely person....whatever happens,you know how to share love..thats important..
  • Can we change the title to who wants my kids?

:mrgreen:
    GoiMTvP.gif
  • Can we change the title to who wants my kids?

i want loganator!!!! :D
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    Can we change the title to who wants my kids?

do they come with child support and how much is it.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • rick1zoo2rick1zoo2 Posts: 12,632

maybe we could arrange a trade
  • LloydXmasLloydXmas Posts: 7,539
    rick1zoo2 wrote:

How about a three team trade?
  • rick1zoo2rick1zoo2 Posts: 12,632
    LloydXmas wrote:
    rick1zoo2 wrote:

I'll throw in the ex and I'll take all of them from both of you guys
  • rick1zoo2 wrote:
    LloydXmas wrote:

:think:
    GoiMTvP.gif
  • rick1zoo2 wrote:

you will never have luck now to make this trade after this