Who wants kids?

12346»

Comments

• hedonisthedonist Posts: 24,524
    pandora wrote:
    I and those with children, very much respect peoples decisions not to have kids,
    we certainly don't want children raised unwanted.

But I and we, as others have shared, are enjoying a love that is outside ourselves,
    a special bond and of course because it is very fulfilling we share the news about that.

Not trying to change anyone's mind just speaking of our experience.
    Those with special kids in their lives are enjoying similar
    and perhaps from this will someday decide to have a child of their own.

It is a huge decision to make... fun is wonderful, no parenting responsibility might be great
    but for some that is incomparable to being a Mother or Father. Just two sides to the coin.
    pandora, I'd bet that overall, you've been a good mother to your children.

However, love is love.

Let me say it again:

LOVE IS LOVE.

It’s all within, and outside, ourselves.

Loving honestly doesn’t require children, and it certainly doesn’t elevate parents to some mystical status above the childless.

Making the choice to not have children is, to me, quite noble...well, maybe not noble, but painfully honest. I’m proud of myself for realizing I’d not make a good parent, the kind a child deserves. And while a life without having children is one thing, to say “fun is wonderful” comes off as a bit patronizing. Fuck knows my guy and I have dealt with our own non-fun shit – health issues, death of loved ones, family problems.

It’s not an all-or-none thing, either way.
  • pandorapandora Posts: 21,855
    hedonist wrote:
    pandora wrote:
    I and those with children, very much respect peoples decisions not to have kids,
    we certainly don't want children raised unwanted.

But I and we, as others have shared, are enjoying a love that is outside ourselves,
    a special bond and of course because it is very fulfilling we share the news about that.

Not trying to change anyone's mind just speaking of our experience.
    Those with special kids in their lives are enjoying similar
    and perhaps from this will someday decide to have a child of their own.

It is a huge decision to make... fun is wonderful, no parenting responsibility might be great
    but for some that is incomparable to being a Mother or Father. Just two sides to the coin.
    pandora, I'd bet that overall, you've been a good mother to your children.

However, love is love.

Let me say it again:

LOVE IS LOVE.

It’s all within, and outside, ourselves.

Loving honestly doesn’t require children, and it certainly doesn’t elevate parents to some mystical status above the childless.

Making the choice to not have children is, to me, quite noble...well, maybe not noble, but painfully honest. I’m proud of myself for realizing I’d not make a good parent, the kind a child deserves. And while a life without having children is one thing, to say “fun is wonderful” comes off as a bit patronizing. Fuck knows my guy and I have dealt with our own non-fun shit – health issues, death of loved ones, family problems.

It’s not an all-or-none thing, either way.
    Yes two sides of a coin.
    A couple posts back I did mention some of the why's behind the choices
    and yes people have very good reasons to not choose to be a parent,
    never questioning that. I would not question their choice based on not wanting
    the responsibility. I haven't questioned at all only shared my experiences
    and those I know of. People know what is right for them at least what they believe
    at the time.

I think you have misunderstood I never said loving requires a child.

I disagree though about love is love. Love between parent and child is really like no other.
    It is not anything like spousal love, friendship love, sibling love. This what parents find out
    and what many have shared in the thread here. This love is like no other,
    this challenge like no other, this reward is like no other.

But I agree all love is grand!

• im pretty sure that love for your children,is away different love than any other kind...

seriously,this must be unbeatable feeling...
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • im pretty sure that love for your children,is away different love than any other kind...

I think may be for women more? But I love my wife as much or maybe more than my kids... Might be in Minority on this.
    GoiMTvP.gif

I think may be for women more? But I love my wife as much or maybe more than my kids... Might be in Minority on this.
    you are...but if i had a woman like yours,ill love her more too.. :lol::lol:
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • DS1119DS1119 Posts: 33,497
    I don't like cats.
  • DS1119 wrote:
    I don't like cats.
    I think you protest too much :mrgreen::lol:
    tumblr_mg4nc33pIX1s1mie8o1_400.gif

"I need your strength for me to be strong...I need your love to feel loved"
  • BinauralJamBinauralJam Posts: 14,158
    I think about adopting sometimes, but i dont want one of those things ripping out of my wife's body.
  • pandorapandora Posts: 21,855
    DS1119 wrote:
    I don't like cats.
    :lol: oh funny
  • Absolutely not
  • rick1zoo2rick1zoo2 Posts: 12,632
    absolutely the most rewarding and at the same time the most frustrating thing to do is to raise kids. They will certainly change you, I think for the better. I have learned so much by being a parent - love, sacrifice, joy, pain. I love seeing the world through them, quite interesting.

Oh and when they were infants, I learned how to go without sleep.
  • Absolutely not
    Children shouldn't be having children! :fp: :nono:
    tumblr_mg4nc33pIX1s1mie8o1_400.gif

"I need your strength for me to be strong...I need your love to feel loved"
  • Absolutely not
    Children shouldn't be having children! :fp: :nono:
    :lol:
  • some people better not have kids..are useless and bad parents..fuck them..
  • DS1119DS1119 Posts: 33,497
    Evil little bastards.

2949160_o.gif
  • PJinILPJinIL Posts: 433
    Yikes. That video is mildly disturbing...

Kids, the most frustrating thing is that when they do something to piss you off, it's usually something you realize you do all the time. I get so frustrated with our 8 year old because he's absolutely pokey at most anything. My wife gets mad at me because I'm pokey. I need to find a way to embrace his pokey-ness.

Appreciate those who don't want kids, but I have found the relationship with my boys to be unlike any other.
    It's amazing what you hear when you take time to listen.