Who wants kids?

Comments

• RKCNDYRKCNDY Posts: 31,013
    Mamasan23 wrote:
    RKCNDY wrote:
    I read thru some of the posts here...and sounds like most people want to give theirs away...doesn't sound like there are any benefits to having kids.

I'm with mamasan...I don't want kids, never have and never will. Unfortunately, any of my friends that do have kids...their kids ADORE me...just like the person who hates cats, and they go over to a house with cats and the cats seem to be magnetized to that person and won't leave that person alone. I never get to talk to the friend I'm visiting...I always end of being the entertainer (coughbabysittercough) for the kid :evil:

Oh that is the worst!!! That used to be me...then after spending hours on a very hot day of jumping on a trampoline and dying with half a dozen ankle-biters I said I'm putting my foot down. I don't even pretend to get excited about babies anymore, I'm sure people think I'm a bitch, I could really care less. No. I don't think your baby is cute. No. I don't give a shit that they play soccer/play the violin/won some award. Nope nope nope. If your kid comes running up to me and wants to play I will direct them right back to you. :lol:

I don't even pretend to be interested in whatever they are blabbing away about...I keep trying to ignore them and talk to my friend, and they have to get in my face, and shove stuff in my face...their parent is right there, so I can't really push them away...or can I? :?

Isn't it the parent's responsibility to teach their kids manners, and how to be self sufficient?

...and the way babies stare at me! aaarrrggghhh! it's so creepy! I swear they don't blink...ever.
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • hgpjam11hgpjam11 Posts: 1,328
    I have 2 that I don't want to give away (yet). They are pretty cool, of course they're a lot like me. :lol:

I do not like babies, really don't like when people bring them in to work. A 2-year-old who can have a conversation is fun in small doses, but I don't need to see babies. I actually hide when the babies come in. (I am such a bitch).

To someone's question earlier, i took my son to PJ in Noblesville (outside) a couple of years ago when he was 10, lawn tix. He somewhat enjoyed it, but it was cold & rainy. I will take my daughter in a couple of years.
    I win.
  • Children change your life in ways I never thought possible.
    You think you know, but you have no idea, at least I didn't.

The ferocity in which we nurture them, the intensity in which we love them,
    and the hopes and dreams we have for them is indescribable.

I wished for more, but the one I got has taught me more than I could ever possibly teach her,
    and has made me more humble and appreciative than I could have ever imagined.

She is, and always will be, my greatest accomplishment.
    Nice shirt.
  • mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,410
    we're planning on having our 1st child soon! can't wait! :D
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • justamjustam Posts: 21,408
    I wanted children.
    I have two beloved sons.
    They are growing up and I am starting to dread the day they move out because I will miss them! :?
    &&&&&&&&&&&&&&
  • pandorapandora Posts: 21,855
    Children change your life in ways I never thought possible.
    You think you know, but you have no idea, at least I didn't.

The ferocity in which we nurture them, the intensity in which we love them,
    and the hopes and dreams we have for them is indescribable.

I wished for more, but the one I got has taught me more than I could ever possibly teach her,
    and has made me more humble and appreciative than I could have ever imagined.

She is, and always will be, my greatest accomplishment.
    beautiful! :D
  • BinFrogBinFrog Posts: 7,309
    If you don't want kids, don't have them.

If you want kids, and have the mental capacity to raise them effectively, then have them.

Simple.
    Bright eyed kid: "Wow Typo Man, you're the best!"
    Typo Man: "Thanks kidz, but remembir, stay in skool!"
    BinFrog wrote:
    If you don't want kids, don't have them.

If you want kids, and have the mental capacity to raise them effectively, then have them.

Simple.
    If I had gave it that much thought I wouldn't have two lovely 20 somethings,

nobody is perfect... no parent, no child, no love.

But oh what a love! :D

I often wonder what people are afraid of? Can't be love, right?
    Maybe lack of love, failing?
  • madtowndavemadtowndave Posts: 4,012
    I am so sick of wife talking about babies and showing me pics of her friends children.
    Nashville-00
    Nashville-03
    Chicago-07
    E.V. Milwaukee-08
    Chicago 1 & 2-09
    Alpine Valley 1 & 2-11
    Wrigley-13
    St. Paul-14
    Milwaukee-14
    Denver-22
    St. Paul 1 & 2 - 23
    I am so sick of wife talking about babies and showing me pics of her friends children.
    This is nature ... maybe listen?
  • LloydXmasLloydXmas Posts: 7,539
    married couple coming over tonight for dinner. I'm sure a few hours my three kids will be another six months of birth control

:D
    pandora wrote:

I have been. Our "plan" is to start trying in the spring when I finish grad school. But until then, please give it a rest. I know you want kids. You don't have to remind me every 3 fucking hours.

Sorry, this is a sensitive subject for me.
    Nashville-00
    Nashville-03
    Chicago-07
    E.V. Milwaukee-08
    Chicago 1 & 2-09
    Alpine Valley 1 & 2-11
    Wrigley-13
    St. Paul-14
    Milwaukee-14
    Denver-22
    St. Paul 1 & 2 - 23
    pandora wrote:

I have been. Our "plan" is to start trying in the spring when I finish grad school. But until then, please give it a rest. I know you want kids. You don't have to remind me every 3 fucking hours.

Sorry, this is a sensitive subject for me.
    Oh congratulations on finishing grad school, that is wonderful!
    superb!
    I know she is very proud of you. Great plan, great to have a plan.
    She will be thankful for this one day.

The best things in life are worth waiting for, your baby will be living proof!

Sorry I can't help but be excited for you ...

and do not worry if you are not as excited as she,
    Daddy's sometimes take awhile to get comfy with kids, even the idea of kids.
    Best wishes to you all :D

Sorry, this is a sensitive subject for me.[/quote]
    Oh congratulations on finishing grad school, that is wonderful!
    superb!
    I know she is very proud of you. Great plan, great to have a plan.
    She will be thankful for this one day.

The best things in life are worth waiting for, your baby will be living proof!

Sorry I can't help but be excited for you ...

and do not worry if you are not as excited as she,
    Daddy's sometimes take awhile to get comfy with kids, even the idea of kids.
    Best wishes to you all :D[/quote]

Thanks!
    Nashville-00
    Nashville-03
    Chicago-07
    E.V. Milwaukee-08
    Chicago 1 & 2-09
    Alpine Valley 1 & 2-11
    Wrigley-13
    St. Paul-14
    Milwaukee-14
    Denver-22
    St. Paul 1 & 2 - 23
  • Get_RightGet_Right Posts: 12,810
    Proud papa of two kids, boy 7 and girl 4.
    I too felt like many of you about the burdens and inconveniences. So I waited until I was older.
    I wish I had them sooner. The amount of joy your own children bring into your life far outweighs the burdens.
    You will never experience that joy unless you have kids.
  • DS1119DS1119 Posts: 33,497
    Kids and cats. :fp:
  • mikalinamikalina Posts: 7,206
    I have 2 wonderful kids - :D
    ********************************************************************************************* image
  • DS1119 wrote:
    awwww you love them both. Can't fool me DS. :lol:
    tumblr_mg4nc33pIX1s1mie8o1_400.gif

"I need your strength for me to be strong...I need your love to feel loved"
    DS1119 wrote:

I wonder if I can feed cats to kids? :think:
  • DS1119 wrote:
    DS1119 wrote:

I wonder if I can feed cats to kids? :think:
    I think it's the opposite :wave:

Either way.
    DS1119 wrote:

Either way.

+1
    Nashville-00
    Nashville-03
    Chicago-07
    E.V. Milwaukee-08
    Chicago 1 & 2-09
    Alpine Valley 1 & 2-11
    Wrigley-13
    St. Paul-14
    Milwaukee-14
    Denver-22
    St. Paul 1 & 2 - 23
  • DS1119 wrote:

Either way.
    and when we're out of those, it's on to beagle puppies :twisted:

DS1119 wrote:

Either way.

Sure. I could feed the fried cat to the beagles.
  • DS1119 wrote:
    DS1119 wrote:

Either way.

Sure. I could feed the fried cat to the beagles.
    :nono: other way around DS :roll: :fp:

:nono:

dog_eat_cat.jpg?m=1283736472
  • DS1119 wrote:

:nono:

dog_eat_cat.jpg?m=1283736472
    awwww...look at the little one's face :lol:

but what goes around come around :evil:

polls_mouthful_of_dog_small_1546_629724_answer_3_xlarge.jpeg

• KathiKathi Posts: 1,828
    about 80% sure that I don't want any...definitely not in the next 10 years at least. Plus, I'd kinda need a father for them as well. :lol:
    Thankfully my friends have only just started with the whole getting married and having kids thing, and having one baby around will be fun (finally I get someone to buy all those cool merch things for!), but I dread the day when most of them will be mums and we can only talk about kids...I'm not going to pretend I'm into their babies though, they know me well enough to see through it anyway. ;)
  • BinFrogBinFrog Posts: 7,309
    Kathi wrote:
    about 80% sure that I don't want any...definitely not in the next 10 years at least. Plus, I'd kinda need a father for them as well. :lol:
    Thankfully my friends have only just started with the whole getting married and having kids thing, and having one baby around will be fun (finally I get someone to buy all those cool merch things for!), but I dread the day when most of them will be mums and we can only talk about kids...I'm not going to pretend I'm into their babies though, they know me well enough to see through it anyway. ;)

If you value them as friends then you will have to put up with them talking about their kids. They should know not to do it ALL the time, but you can't expect them to cater towards you and your lack of caring about kids every time you hang out. That's not fair. People who seem to have a vendetta against kids kinda weird me out (and I'm not saying you are one of them). No-one should ever expect you to "be into" their kids. But you have to understand that most new parents are elated at their new addition and want everyone they know to meet the baby and, even if you have to act a little bit, ooh and ah. This is a major change for them. If you are a true friend, you should find some way to bond with the child, even if just a little bit. No-one is saying you need to fall head over heels in love with them, but at least make an attempt to be a part of the whole thing. That is, of course, if the friendship truly means something to you.

People who have kids change. That's just how life goes. I've seen it happen where people have kids, and then single friends complain that the parents changed too much, are never there, and only want to talk about their kids. They always blame the parents without pointing the finger at themselves (and I've been there myself...becoming a father at 33 after most of my friends already had kids). To remain friends with a newly married and new parent couples, the effort has to come from both sides. I make an attempt to still hang out with my single friends...but they don't make it easy sometimes. My best friends remained my best friends even after they had kids and I was still single. They made an attempt to keep the friendship going strong, but I too had to make an attempt to adjust to my new role in their lives.

I make it a point not to let my daughter dominate the conversation with my single friends...but it's impossible to avoid the subject altogether. You can't expect to.
    Bright eyed kid: "Wow Typo Man, you're the best!"
    Typo Man: "Thanks kidz, but remembir, stay in skool!"
    My kids don't have kids yet but they just love the kids of their friends.
    They are fun! It brightens their day to interact with them.
    Kids make ya feel like a kid again and they say the damnedest things!
    Innocence teaches much.