The Official Philadelphia Flyers Thread

Comments

• neilybabes86neilybabes86 Posts: 16,057
    once again a shady move by the flyers brass doesn't work

ah well at least u have a great goalie :lol:
    i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......
  • Jason PJason P Posts: 19,138
    You can look forward to him being traded to the Rangers in five years when the Preds scuttle the team. :mrgreen:
  • jamminpearlsjamminpearls Posts: 7,078

A yankee fan calling another team shady :roll: :lol:
    Go Birds!!!!
  • Dr. DelightDr. Delight Posts: 11,210

You come across as one giant douchebag. I mean that, seriously.

Were you a Ranger or Devils fan when the Rangers offer sheeted Joe Sakic back in '97?
    And so you see, I have come to doubt
    All that I once held as true
    I stand alone without beliefs
    The only truth I know is you.

A yankee fan calling another team shady :roll: :lol:

this is hockey

and the phils aren't far behind money wise

20 games back in the loss column but not as much in payroll

and yes the contract was shady 14 years w/ 26 million up front....shady shady shady
    i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......
  • JK_LivinJK_Livin Posts: 7,365
    This isn't good.....right now. But I was 50/50 he was coming here in the first place.

Even if we were to land Ryan(another big question mark), it still doesnt replace the hole on D that stands from Carle leaving.

You mean Matt Carle? That's addition by subtraction for 5.5/year.
    Alright, alright, alright!
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer

Were you a Ranger or Devils fan when the Rangers offer sheeted Joe Sakic back in '97?

nah bud season ticket holder for many years..not a half assed hockey fan like alot around here
    joe sakic is my all time favorite player...i was devestated when the avs matched
  • Johnny AbruzzoJohnny Abruzzo Posts: 11,359
    Im actually stunned!!!! :o

I'm disappointed but certainly not surprised. As I said, I expected the Preds to match.
    Spectrum 10/27/09; New Orleans JazzFest 5/1/10; Made in America 9/2/12; WF Center 10/21/13; WF Center 10/22/13; Baltimore 10/27/13;
    WF Center 4/28/16; WF Center 4/29/16; Fenway Park 8/7/16; Fenway Park 9/2/18; Asbury Park 9/18/21; Camden 9/14/22;
    Las Vegas 5/16/24; Las Vegas 5/18/24; WF Center 9/7/24; WF Center 9/9/24; Baltimore Arena 9/12/24

Tres Mtns - TLA 3/23/11; EV - Tower Theatre 6/25/11; Temple of the Dog - Tower Theatre 11/5/16

nah bud season ticket holder for many years..not a half assed hockey fan like alot around here
    joe sakic is my all time favorite player...i was devestated when the avs matched
    Yeah bud, then you would know that the Rangers offer to Sakic was shady too then, right?
    The Rangers did the same exact thing, front-loading an offer sheet to a player with the thought that Denver wouldnt be able to match! Denver was struggling financially back then.

Please think before you type.

Yeah bud, then you would know that the Rangers offer to Sakic was shady too then, right?
    The Rangers did the same exact thing, front-loading an offer sheet to a player with the thought that Denver wouldnt be able to match! Denver was struggling financially back then.

Please think before you type.

and it didnt work out .... shady never does...but my boy won 2 cups so that was good

and i am THINKING were gonna whoop your asses again this year :mrgreen:
    joe sakic is my all time favorite player...i was devestated when the avs matched[/quote]

Please think before you type.[/quote]

Check Mate!!!!
    Go Birds!!!!

Please think before you type.[/quote]

Check Mate!!!![/quote]

hows that defense looking? :lol:
    It's going to be very interesting to watch how Nashville handles this now from a business perspective.
    They have a lot of guys left to sign, and the money with which to do it is very limited now.
    It's going to be very interesting to watch how Nashville handles this now from a business perspective.
    They have a lot of guys left to sign, and the money with which to do it is very limited now.

they can trade weber to us ...for nothing
  • The FixerThe Fixer Posts: 12,837
    Im actually stunned!!!! :o

I'm disappointed but certainly not surprised. As I said, I expected the Preds to match.

I thought they were getting him one way or another. Pretty much blows

Yandle rumors already starting
    wade redden is still in our farm system.... if you're interested :P
  • rival.rival. Posts: 7,775

:lol::lol:

i actually admire that he is still playing hockey. lots of guys in his situation would have packed their bags and opened up a deli in brooklyn.
    Jake is locked up for 4yrs!!! 17mill is a very good deal for a future 22yr old beast. I'd plug him on G's line and watch him become a 30-40 goal scorer.
    Go Birds!!!!
  • badbrainsbadbrains Posts: 10,255
    rival. wrote:

:lol::lol:

i actually admire that he is still playing hockey. lots of guys in his situation would have packed their bags and opened up a deli in brooklyn.

I'd still be playing to, remember, they're paying him 6.5 million a year! What a waste!!
    Philadelphia general manager Paul Holmgren says he does not plan to pursue any restricted free agents, such as the Rangers' Michael Del Zotto or Montreal's P.K. Subban, but he hints that he would like to trade for Anaheim's Bobby Ryan.

"I don't think there are any Shea Webers out there that are left in that category," he said, "so I don't see that as being an option, certainly this year." As for Ryan, however, Holmgren intimated that trade talks for the winger are not dead. "You are asking me to comment on a player on another team. I don't think I can do that," he said. "We look always to make our team better. We like our team. We are trying to add to our team without subtracting if at all possible, make it better yet. We will see what the rest of the summer brings
    Go Birds!!!!
    Jake is locked up for 4yrs!!! 17mill is a very good deal for a future 22yr old beast. I'd plug him on G's line and watch him become a 30-40 goal scorer.
    Unfortunately he doesnt seem to have elite finishing ability.
    At this point he models himself a play maker, but if he is going to play on Girouxs line, he better opt to shoot the puck a heck of a lot more.
    Unfortunately he doesnt seem to have elite finishing ability.
    At this point he models himself a play maker, but if he is going to play on Girouxs line, he better opt to shoot the puck a heck of a lot more.

Look what playing with G did for Hartnell. 13 more goals and 18 more pts for a player the year before was in the dog house. Jake is alot younger and skilled imo. I think a full season playing with G will make Jake a big force.
    Go Birds!!!!
    Apparently there is an offer on the table for Bobby Ryan.

Matt Read, 2013 1st, Laughton, and Meszaros

Also heard Lilja could be part of the trade coming back to us as well.
    Go Birds!!!!

Not a fan at all. Why trade Read? Homer just seems desperate to spend lots of money and trade 1st rounders.
    Spectrum 10/27/09; New Orleans JazzFest 5/1/10; Made in America 9/2/12; WF Center 10/21/13; WF Center 10/22/13; Baltimore 10/27/13;
    WF Center 4/28/16; WF Center 4/29/16; Fenway Park 8/7/16; Fenway Park 9/2/18; Asbury Park 9/18/21; Camden 9/14/22;
    Las Vegas 5/16/24; Las Vegas 5/18/24; WF Center 9/7/24; WF Center 9/9/24; Baltimore Arena 9/12/24

Tres Mtns - TLA 3/23/11; EV - Tower Theatre 6/25/11; Temple of the Dog - Tower Theatre 11/5/16

Not a fan at all. Why trade Read? Homer just seems desperate to spend lots of money and trade 1st rounders.
    Minus Mazaros and Lilja and i'd do it in a second.
    Go Birds!!!!

Minus Mazaros and Lilja and i'd do it in a second.

Yeah, and we'll be watching Matt Read skate around with the Stanley Cup next June. :roll:

The only way I make that trade is if another solid defenseman is coming back from Anaheim.

You just cant lose Pronger, Carle and Mez in one season and not suffer.
    Doan wants a 4yr 30mil deal :roll:
    For a 35yr old guy that's nuts.
    Go Birds!!!!
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    coach's contract extended
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    Big loss.

INJURY NEWS: Flyers GM Paul Holmgren on (D) Andrej Meszaros: "Andrej had successful surgery this morning to repair a torn right achilles tendon. The surgery was performed by Dr. Steve Raikin at Jefferson Hospital in Philadelphia. Andrej was injured last week during summer training in Slovakia. Andrej will be out indefinitely."