The Official Philadelphia Flyers Thread

Comments

• The FixerThe Fixer Posts: 12,837
    fife wrote:
    Hartnell re-signed for 6 yrs

The Philadelphia Flyers announced today that they have re-signed 6-2, 210-lb left wing Scott Hartnell to a multi-year contract extension, according to General Manager Paul Holmgren.

“We are pleased to announce that we have agreed with Scott on a multi-year extension,” said Holmgren. “Scott has been a very good player for us over the last five seasons and we look forward to many more good years to come.”

“I am very happy to be staying in Philly to continue my career playing in front of the best fans in the NHL," said Hartnell. "I would like to thank Mr. Snider and the entire Flyers organization.”

great signing but do we know how much the cap is. I am worried about them signing all these players when they really need to get some d-man.

anyone else think 6 years is kinda long for hartnell? can't see him being real effective at 36

I'm not worried about a lockout. With all the injuries on the backline it would probably help them
  • fifefife Posts: 3,327
    The Fixer wrote:
    fife wrote:
    Hartnell re-signed for 6 yrs

The Philadelphia Flyers announced today that they have re-signed 6-2, 210-lb left wing Scott Hartnell to a multi-year contract extension, according to General Manager Paul Holmgren.

“We are pleased to announce that we have agreed with Scott on a multi-year extension,” said Holmgren. “Scott has been a very good player for us over the last five seasons and we look forward to many more good years to come.”

“I am very happy to be staying in Philly to continue my career playing in front of the best fans in the NHL," said Hartnell. "I would like to thank Mr. Snider and the entire Flyers organization.”

great signing but do we know how much the cap is. I am worried about them signing all these players when they really need to get some d-man.

anyone else think 6 years is kinda long for hartnell? can't see him being real effective at 36

I'm not worried about a lockout. With all the injuries on the backline it would probably help them

I wa sthinking the same thing bnut when you think that he has only missed like 3 games in the past 5 years i think 6 year is ok. also from what i heard the cap hit in the last 2 years in low.

I don't know if the backend will be ok by the time they come back cause the 2 bigs ones are pronger and Mez who is out for a while.
    fife wrote:
    I wa sthinking the same thing bnut when you think that he has only missed like 3 games in the past 5 years i think 6 year is ok. also from what i heard the cap hit in the last 2 years in low.

I don't know if the backend will be ok by the time they come back cause the 2 bigs ones are pronger and Mez who is out for a while.

yeah, I'm not expecting pronger to ever play again. shortened season could help timonen. and maybe they can get meszaros back towards end of year for playoffs.

def a strange offseason
    Put on nhl network

Awful series but I loved this era of flyer hockey
  • Dr. DelightDr. Delight Posts: 11,210
    Looks like there's going to be zero hockey for a while.
    And so you see, I have come to doubt
    All that I once held as true
    I stand alone without beliefs
    The only truth I know is you.
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    caught the broad street bullies hbo show last weekend. good stuff.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg

this sucks.

also means i most likely will miss the entire season, unless they reduce the package price for center ice. i won't pay full retail for a half season. :nono:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Empty GlassEmpty Glass Posts: 12,329

Support the AHL
    I've met Rob

DEGENERATE FUK

This place is dead

"THERE ARE NO CLIQUES, ONLY THOSE WHO DON'T JOIN THE FUN" - Empty circa 2015

"Kfsbho&$thncds" - F Me In the Brain - circa 2015
  • eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 41,793

:(
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    4/28/16- Philly, PA
    4/29/16- Philly, PA
    5/1/16- NYC
    5/2/16- NYC
    9/2/18- Boston, MA
    9/4/18- Boston, MA
    9/14/22- Camden, NJ
    9/7/24- Philly, PA
    9/9/24- Philly, PA
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly. PA
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly, PA
    RNDM- 3/9/16- Philly, PA
  • eddieceddiec Posts: 3,859
    I'm a Rangers fan but I was in Berlin where Briere and Giroux are playing for Eisbaren Berlin. I went to 2 games while I was there. This is a video I took of Giroux being called out for an ovation as the star of the game. Their fans are crazy!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sfh7oxc7PIQ
    eddiec wrote:
    I'm a Rangers fan but I was in Berlin where Briere and Giroux are playing for Eisbaren Berlin. I went to 2 games while I was there. This is a video I took of Giroux being called out for an ovation as the star of the game. Their fans are crazy!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sfh7oxc7PIQ
    Thats awesome.

I've always wanted to travel to Germany. Heard the cities were beautiful.
    81 wrote:

this sucks.

also means i most likely will miss the entire season, unless they reduce the package price for center ice. i won't pay full retail for a half season. :nono:

it's usually half price after the all star break. goes from 160 to 80. not sure about all cable systems, but that's how it is on comcast.

if nhl was smart (they're not) it would be free for the upcoming season, assuming there is one. gotta do something to show the fans they want us back. again
  • neilybabes86neilybabes86 Posts: 16,057
    The Fixer wrote:
    81 wrote:

this sucks.

it's usually half price after the all star break. goes from 160 to 80. not sure about all cable systems, but that's how it is on comcast.

if nhl was smart (they're not) it would be free for the upcoming season, assuming there is one. gotta do something to show the fans they want us back. again

:lol::lol: yeaaaaaa riiiiiiight
    i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......
    The Fixer wrote:
    81 wrote:
    this sucks.

:lol::lol: yeaaaaaa riiiiiiight

I know it won't happen. makes too much sense

I honestly won't start missing hockey until the awful nba starts
    :fp:
    ..PRAGUE (AP) -- The Czech Republic's ice hockey federation says it has fined a club after its fans aimed racist chants toward Philadelphia Flyers forward Wayne Simmonds, who is playing in the top Czech league during the NHL lockout.

In a statement on Tuesday, the federation said the Chomutov Pirates were fined 30,000 koruna ($1,554) by its disciplinary committee for the chants directed toward Simmonds, who is playing for the Liberec White Tigers.

The chants were uttered during a game on Sunday.

Chomutov has apologized to Simmonds, who is black, and the club said it would do everything it can to prevent any future abuse.

Last year, a banana was thrown at Simmonds from the stands during an NHL preseason game in London, Ontario.

81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • JK_LivinJK_Livin Posts: 7,365
    81 wrote:
    ..PRAGUE (AP) -- The Czech Republic's ice hockey federation says it has fined a club after its fans aimed racist chants toward Philadelphia Flyers forward Wayne Simmonds, who is playing in the top Czech league during the NHL lockout.

In a statement on Tuesday, the federation said the Chomutov Pirates were fined 30,000 koruna ($1,554) by its disciplinary committee for the chants directed toward Simmonds, who is playing for the Liberec White Tigers.

Chomutov has apologized to Simmonds, who is black, and the club said it would do everything it can to prevent any future abuse.

Last year, a banana was thrown at Simmonds from the stands during an NHL preseason game in London, Ontario.

They should've let Simmer up in the stands to kick all thier asses instead.
    Alright, alright, alright!
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
    JK_Livin wrote:
    81 wrote:

They should've let Simmer up in the stands to kick all thier asses instead.
    I've never seen a player as skinny as Simmonds be able to fight and play as strong on his skates as he does.
    So it looks like Snider is getting mad.

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=409693

I hope you goes up the the boston owner and beat him up old school
  • MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,672
    he denied he has any dissention. I dont believe it either. Snider is lockstep with the NHL
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,527
    saw that This Is 40 movie with the wife last night. it's not that great. but hartnell and laperrier had some extremely random cameos.

so will they be playing hockey ever again?
    www.myspace.com
    First course of action is to amnesty the Bryzgalov contract.
  • jamminpearlsjamminpearls Posts: 7,078
    Will there be an amnesty in the CBA? I sure as hell hope so.
    Go Birds!!!!
  • neilybabes86neilybabes86 Posts: 16,057
    get ready to bend over boys
    i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......
    Will there be an amnesty in the CBA? I sure as hell hope so.
    My bad, contract buyouts(2 max) cannot start until beginning of next year.
    So Bryz gets another year to show something.

I don't know if they do this. Who would they get to start? I think Pronger gets bought out to save the cap space that they will need to sign some players.

I don't know who else they drop.

here is a question can they buy out Bryz and then sign him again for less money and a shorter contract?
    fife wrote:

I don't know if they do this. Who would they get to start? I think Pronger gets bought out to save the cap space that they will need to sign some players.

here is a question can they buy out Bryz and then sign him again for less money and a shorter contract?
    They will not buyout Pronged. They will still be able to keep him on the LTIR list. He will only count against the cap in the summer. Once the season begins next year his money comes off the books.
    fife wrote:

They will not buyout Pronged. They will still be able to keep him on the LTIR list. He will only count against the cap in the summer. Once the season begins next year his money comes off the books.

thats true but you know they have to buy out some players so who do they buy out?
  • MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,672
    no word on LTIR yet. Seems like they attacked every loophole, so I wouldnt be surprised if they limited that as well.

It may be cheaper for them to just buy Pronger out anyways. Im not sure if there is anyone they will really want to buy out after Bryzgalov. Seems like a slam dunk, those 2.

Sabres fans are calling for the buyout of Leino
  • chromiamchromiam Posts: 4,114
    Players on LTIR cannot be bought out of their contracts (at least that's what I have heard).
    And as for the LTIR being limited as a loophole, I don't see how that is possible, since its not really a loophole. If a player is injured and cannot play, then there is nothing the team, player, or league can do to remedy the situation, other than allow teams some cap flexibility, as they do now. Players are checked periodically by an independent doctor who accesses whether the player is fit to play or not.

As for who to buyout, well the obvious candidate is Brzygalov if he has a bad year. The only other two that stand out are Briere and Mez. Briere is 35 with one year left at 6.5mil and Mez has one year at 4mil left, other than that, no one really makes any sense to buyout instead of trying to trade.
    This is your notice that there is a problem with your signature. Please remove it.

Admin

Social awareness does not equal political activism!

5/23/2011- An utter embarrassment... ticketing failures too many to list.
    chromiam wrote:
    As for who to buyout, well the obvious candidate is Brzygalov if he has a bad year. The only other two that stand out are Briere and Mez. Briere is 35 with one year left at 6.5mil and Mez has one year at 4mil left, other than that, no one really makes any sense to buyout instead of trying to trade.

hartnell :?:

i don't think you dump a briere with one year left. and mez has been a solid D man.

speaking of D....or lack there of :fp:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg