The Official Philadelphia Flyers Thread

Comments

• Dr. DelightDr. Delight Posts: 11,210
    i cant see how nashville doesnt match

they had 100 million for suter...where di it go?

4 picks from the flyers mean dick..they will all be 20 or higher

we shall see soon enough
    The way homer structured the first couple years would kill Nashville. I read they grossed 24 million last year. Weber would get 26 in the first year alone. Homers an animal!!!
    As I said in my prior post, they grossed $24M, and even with a long playoff run, lost $7M overall.
    And so you see, I have come to doubt
    All that I once held as true
    I stand alone without beliefs
    The only truth I know is you.
  • neilybabes86neilybabes86 Posts: 16,057

we shall see soon enough
    The way homer structured the first couple years would kill Nashville. I read they grossed 24 million last year. Weber would get 26 in the first year alone. Homers an animal!!!

good for the flyers..but a real piece of shit move,,,basically trying to run a team out of the league

flyers for ya
    i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......
  • jamminpearlsjamminpearls Posts: 7,078
    Yeah its there fault Nashville lost money last year :roll:
    Go Birds!!!!

no but its still a piece of shit thing to do..just like w/ the oilers a few years back

he gives him an out of whack contract..and we wonder why the cba is fucked up
    i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......

we shall see soon enough

good for the flyers..but a real piece of shit move,,,basically trying to run a team out of the league

flyers for ya
    Just stop. You sound like a complete idiot.
    no i dont...26 million in the 1st year?? thats absurd ..unheard of

its a skanky move to do to a team like nashville

i hope you do get him for 14 years ...just a lowlife thing to do

sign him to a normal contract..he wants to play in philly over nashville anyway

the big contracts are what fuck up the sport

the gm's are meeting about having contract max at 5 or 6...during this he offers a 30 yr contract....douche

no but its still a piece of shit thing to do..just like w/ the oilers a few years back

he gives him an out of whack contract..and we wonder why the cba is fucked up
    Your way off base Jay. Nashville took him to arbitration last yr. He didn't wanna be there and they really didn't want him there if they didn't pony up. Blaming a philly team is a typical ny thing to do.
    Go Birds!!!!
    gn..im going to dream about nash :lol:

14 years .... in the age of concussions :?
    Flyers have played well within the rules. Poile tried to lowball Weber, his own player and arguably the best D-man in the entire league. He has had ample time to sign him. He didnt lock up Suter either. He left, Weber saw this and decided that he didnt wanna be there anymore.

Holmgren and Poile had several back and forth trade discussions. Poile wanted more than he was offering, Holmgren got fed up and sent over the offer sheet.

In the end of this, I still see a trade going down between the teams.
  • Johnny AbruzzoJohnny Abruzzo Posts: 11,359
    I just love the Yankees fan bitching about another team giving out ridiculous contracts and screwing over small market teams.

:lol::lol::lol:
    Spectrum 10/27/09; New Orleans JazzFest 5/1/10; Made in America 9/2/12; WF Center 10/21/13; WF Center 10/22/13; Baltimore 10/27/13;
    WF Center 4/28/16; WF Center 4/29/16; Fenway Park 8/7/16; Fenway Park 9/2/18; Asbury Park 9/18/21; Camden 9/14/22;
    Las Vegas 5/16/24; Las Vegas 5/18/24; WF Center 9/7/24; WF Center 9/9/24; Baltimore Arena 9/12/24

Tres Mtns - TLA 3/23/11; EV - Tower Theatre 6/25/11; Temple of the Dog - Tower Theatre 11/5/16
    I just love the Yankees fan bitching about another team giving out ridiculous contracts and screwing over small market teams.

Im NOT BITCHING.....WE GOT OUR GUY

IM JUST saying contracts like that are ruining hockey

again..u can have him for 14 years

and it doesn't much matter unless he can play goaltender
  • badbrainsbadbrains Posts: 10,255
    Idk how accurate these numbers are but here's what I got. Next 5 years contracts of weber and Nash.
    Weber- $46 million +
    Nash- $39 million
    That's roughly $7 million more. Maybe the flyers could've spent that extra $7 million on loungo??? I'm not the GM but webers great and all, u guys need a goalie. Who knows, maybe holmgrens got something else in the works???
    Flyers don't need another goaltender. If Weber comes here it helps the defense, which in turn helps the goaltending. The Flyers defense last year was pathetic. Left their goalies out to dry on most nights.

As for contracts, you guys are beating your chests over getting a 60pt scorer that gets paid almost $8M/yr.
    I would much rather have Shea Weber.
  • JK_LivinJK_Livin Posts: 7,365
    badbrains wrote:
    Idk how accurate these numbers are but here's what I got. Next 5 years contracts of weber and Nash.
    Weber- $46 million +
    Nash- $39 million
    That's roughly $7 million more. Maybe the flyers could've spent that extra $7 million on loungo??? I'm not the GM but webers great and all, u guys need a goalie. Who knows, maybe holmgrens got something else in the works???

I think the Flyers need D much more than an upgrade at G.
    Alright, alright, alright!
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
    Flyers don't need another goaltender. If Weber comes here it helps the defense, which in turn helps the goaltending. The Flyers defense last year was pathetic. Left their goalies out to dry on most nights.

As for contracts, you guys are beating your chests over getting a 60pt scorer that gets paid almost $8M/yr.

60 pt on a team all by himself...now he has talent around him

dont forget that little tidbit
  • badbrainsbadbrains Posts: 10,255

I wasn't beating my chest about 60pts but I WILL be beating my chest when he gets 80-90pts. Damn bro, I wasn't attacking the flyers in any way. Relax. Weber is a GREAT move for the flyers. Just as Nash is for the rangers, NO DOUBT.

Absolutely. Prob get paired up with say Richards, Gaborik(when healthy).

Just remember this though. Torterellas system. He will be told to help out in the D zone and put his body on the line to block shots for Henrik. That definitely will affect his numbers.
    badbrains wrote:

I wasn't beating my chest about 60pts but I WILL be beating my chest when he gets 80-90pts. Damn bro, I wasn't attacking the flyers in any way. Relax. Weber is a GREAT move for the flyers. Just as Nash is for the rangers, NO DOUBT.
    I'm fully relaxed. Weber is not a Flyer yet. Anything can happen.
  • Johnny AbruzzoJohnny Abruzzo Posts: 11,359

Im NOT BITCHING.....WE GOT OUR GUY

IM JUST saying contracts like that are ruining hockey

again..u can have him for 14 years

and it doesn't much matter unless he can play goaltender

Take it easy big guy. It's just sports. ;)
    Spectrum 10/27/09; New Orleans JazzFest 5/1/10; Made in America 9/2/12; WF Center 10/21/13; WF Center 10/22/13; Baltimore 10/27/13;
    WF Center 4/28/16; WF Center 4/29/16; Fenway Park 8/7/16; Fenway Park 9/2/18; Asbury Park 9/18/21; Camden 9/14/22;
    Las Vegas 5/16/24; Las Vegas 5/18/24; WF Center 9/7/24; WF Center 9/9/24; Baltimore Arena 9/12/24

Tres Mtns - TLA 3/23/11; EV - Tower Theatre 6/25/11; Temple of the Dog - Tower Theatre 11/5/16

Just remember this though. Torterellas system. He will be told to help out in the D zone and put his body on the line to block shots for Henrik. That definitely will affect his numbers.

he kills penalties as evidenced by all his sick shorthanded goals

Killing penalties is completely different from playing in a demanding, defense-first orientated system which Torterella demands his players buy into.

He wants players, even star players, giving up their bodies to cut down on scoring chances on Lunqvist.

Killing penalties is completely different from playing in a demanding, defense-first orientated system which Torterella demands his players buy into.

He wants players, even star players, giving up their bodies to cut down on scoring chances on Lunqvist.

my point was he plays defense
    Preds have matched the OS by Flyers.

http://predators.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=638547
  • JK_LivinJK_Livin Posts: 7,365
    Bummer. Here's to another season of 6-5 games.
    Alright, alright, alright!
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
    Im actually stunned!!!! :o
    Go Birds!!!!
  • Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,718

I know. You must be considering all your inside finanical info that they didn't budget for this. :lol:;)
    This isn't good.....right now. But I was 50/50 he was coming here in the first place.

Even if we were to land Ryan(another big question mark), it still doesnt replace the hole on D that stands from Carle leaving.
    ahhh man that sucks :fp: :P
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

I know. You must be considering all your inside finanical info that they didn't budget for this. :lol:;)
    I wish i had some. I didn't think a team that only grossed 24 mil, could sign a guy who will be paid 26 in the 1st yr.
    Go Birds!!!!
    “In tendering an offer sheet to Shea Weber, we were trying to add a top defenseman entering the prime of his career. With Nashville matching our offer, we wish Shea and the Predators all the best.” -Flyers GM Paul Holmgren