• Options
    smarcheesmarchee Windsor, Ontario Posts: 14,539
    smarchee wrote:
    who is backing up Bobby Boucher?

I think you mean Brian Boucher, Bobby Boucher was "the Waterboy" :lol:

According to the Flyers website, Johan Backlund :?: is the back up goalie

never heard of Backlund

r u sure it wasn't Bobby Boucher? :lol:

remember that Hasek-esque save vs NJ in the playoffs in 2000 (I think 2000)
    1998 ~ Barrie
    2003 ~ Toronto
    2005 ~ London, Toronto
    2006 ~ Toronto
    2008 ~ Hartford, Mansfied I,
    2009 ~ Toronto, Chicago I, Chicago II
    2010 ~ Cleveland, Buffalo
    2011 ~ Toronto I, Toronto II, Ottawa, Hamilton
    2013 - London, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014 - Detroit
    2019 - Chicago X 2
  • Options
    hinxhinx Posts: 414
    How is it possible that this team is this bad. :shock:
  • Options
    8181 Needing a ride to Forest Hills and a ounce of weed. Please inquire within. Thanks. Or not. Posts: 58,276
    hinx wrote:
    How is it possible that this team is this bad. :shock:

i think we all what to know that answer. :lol:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    8181 Needing a ride to Forest Hills and a ounce of weed. Please inquire within. Thanks. Or not. Posts: 58,276
    holy crap, they won a game
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 41,265
    81 wrote:
    holy crap, they won a game

:clap: finally and so did the Sixers :D
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
  • Options
    g under pg under p Surfing The far side of THE Sombrero Galaxy Posts: 18,137
    Nice road win by the Flyers, I never thought they could go into Boston take down the Bruins like they did.

Peace
    *We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*
    .....song_Music & Politics....Michael Franti

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

• Options
    g under p wrote:
    Nice road win by the Flyers, I never thought they could go into Boston take down the Bruins like they did.

Peace

5-0-1 in their last 6 in boston

but considering the way they have been playing the last 15 or so games, it's a bit of a suprise. they still didn't look good.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    81 wrote:
    g under p wrote:

Peace

but considering the way they have been playing the last 15 or so games, it's a bit of a suprise. they still didn't look good.

Boosh looked pretty great.
  • Options
    pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,300
    this could explain why they have sucked so far this year

http://thephillyfour.com/2009/12/affair ... oom-split/

Hartnell's wife is pretty hot too.
  • Options
    pjhawks wrote:
    this could explain why they have sucked so far this year

http://thephillyfour.com/2009/12/affair ... oom-split/

Hartnell's wife is pretty hot too.

WOW!!!! if that is true, that is fucked up. i hope it's not true, that would be a major douce move
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    hinx wrote:
    81 wrote:
    g under p wrote:

Peace

Boosh looked pretty great.

i agree. he's played well all season when given the chance. but the offense is so putrid. i'm still waiting for somebody to grow some balls and camp out in front of the net for rebounds and tips. put me in coach...i've got no problem playing power forward.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    chromiamchromiam Posts: 4,114
    Rygar wrote:

I think the Flyers are gonna ride Boucher while Emery is out and maybe give Leighton a spot start here and there. If the offense picks up, this team should win games. But without it, it wouldn't matter if the Flyers had Brodeur between the pipes..
    This is your notice that there is a problem with your signature. Please remove it.

Admin

Social awareness does not equal political activism!

5/23/2011- An utter embarrassment... ticketing failures too many to list.
  • Options
    Rygar wrote:

numbers don't look terrible, but what happens to him when emery gets healthy? i don't see a deal inolving him and the Flyers happening any time soon. now if booby clark was still involved, we would trade Pronger and Richards to get him.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    RygarRygar Posts: 8,685
    81 wrote:
    Rygar wrote:

numbers don't look terrible, but what happens to him when emery gets healthy? i don't see a deal inolving him and the Flyers happening any time soon. now if booby clark was still involved, we would trade Pronger and Richards to get him.
    I agree with what both you and chromiam are saying.
    The reason Halak wants a trade is for more playtime, and when Emery is back Jaro'd be back to riding the pine and requesting a trade.
    I would like to get something for him, I think he's a good goaltender (most of the time), but I'm not expecting anything more than a pick.

I should add I heard a Halak to Philadelphia rumour LONG ago. So long I don't remember how long. It may have been before you signed Emery, though, which would make this statement a moot point ;)
  • Options
    My hatred for the Penguins knows no bounds. :evil:

I have tickets for Thursday's game...good news is it can't be much worse than tonight.
  • Options
    yeah, yet anouther terrible night. so glad i paid for the NHL package so i could get all the games.

oh wait, i could have seen's tonight beat down on VS. weeeee
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    81 wrote:
    yeah, yet anouther terrible night. so glad i paid for the NHL package so i could get all the games.

If you had to watch it on Vs you would have been subject to hearing Emerick fellate the Penguins for 60 minutes. :sick:
  • Options
    hinx wrote:
    81 wrote:

If you had to watch it on Vs you would have been subject to hearing Emerick fellate the Penguins for 60 minutes. :sick:

yup. the boston annoucers last night were worse tho. they were there first big homers i've run across. for some reason, i only get the Flyers annoucers about 10% of the time.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    81 wrote:
    yup. the boston annoucers last night were worse tho. they were there first big homers i've run across. for some reason, i only get the Flyers annoucers about 10% of the time.
    The Boston announcers are pretty bad.
    Our (Canada's) national station (CBC) loooooves the Leafs. Brutal.
    I watch the Habs games in french so I don't understand half of what they're saying, but I reckon they like the team, lol
  • Options
    Rygar wrote:
    81 wrote:
    The Boston announcers are pretty bad.
    Our (Canada's) national station (CBC) loooooves the Leafs. Brutal.
    I watch the Habs games in french so I don't understand half of what they're saying, but I reckon they like the team, lol

i thought it would be a season long homer fest, but hockey annoucers for the most part have been pretty fair.

CBC rules. i lived in Toledo for along time and we got CBC. I enjoyed watching the Flyers games on there vs. any other channel. CBC does a good job of letting hte sounds of the game make it to the tv, vs. espn at the time which turned down the game sound and cranked up the talking head sound. Don Cherry is crazy too. :lol:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    81 wrote:
    i thought it would be a season long homer fest, but hockey annoucers for the most part have been pretty fair.

CBC rules. i lived in Toledo for along time and we got CBC. I enjoyed watching the Flyers games on there vs. any other channel. CBC does a good job of letting hte sounds of the game make it to the tv, vs. espn at the time which turned down the game sound and cranked up the talking head sound. Don Cherry is crazy too. :lol:
    Don Cherry is definitely crazy.
    CBC is great if it isn't a Leaf's game, but lo and behold it's always a Leaf's game.
  • Options
    fifefife Posts: 3,327
    Rygar wrote:
    81 wrote:
    Rygar wrote:

I agree with what both you and chromiam are saying.
    The reason Halak wants a trade is for more playtime, and when Emery is back Jaro'd be back to riding the pine and requesting a trade.
    I would like to get something for him, I think he's a good goaltender (most of the time), but I'm not expecting anything more than a pick.

I should add I heard a Halak to Philadelphia rumour LONG ago. So long I don't remember how long. It may have been before you signed Emery, though, which would make this statement a moot point ;)

this really all depends on how good Halek plays and how Emery plays. given that are team is young, we could offer a 2 rd round pick.

i just hope the flyers beat Pitt today at home. we have some tough games on the road coming up.
  • Options
    How can this team be so bad this year ?

I never thought they would have such trouble scoring goals

Some how they're only 4pts out of the playoffs...It's pretty obvious the issues with this team are deep rooted and not a coaching problem
    My drinking team has a hockey problem

The ONLY thing better than a glass of beer is tea with Miss McGill

A protuberance of flesh above the waistband of a tight pair of trousers
  • Options

Some how they're only 4pts out of the playoffs...It's pretty obvious the issues with this team are deep rooted and not a coaching problem

A friend of mine knows one of the beat reporters and, allegedly, Briere, Hartnell, and Cote are going through divorces. I guess that could affect the locker room, but it does nothing to explain why Mike Richards is fucking awful lately. He's gotta be hurt, it's the only thing that makes sense. And if he is, it might be time to sit and heal. :?
  • Options
    fife wrote:

this really all depends on how good Halek plays and how Emery plays. given that are team is young, we could offer a 2 rd round pick.

i just hope the flyers beat Pitt today at home. we have some tough games on the road coming up.

I don't think that the flyers even have a second round pick this year, do they? I know their first went in the Pronger deal, but I thought I read that they traded away their 2nd in some other past deal.
    My whole life
    was like a picture
    of a sunny day
    “We can complain because rose bushes have thorns, or rejoice because thorn bushes have roses.”
    ― Abraham Lincoln
  • Options
    pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,300
    hinx wrote:

A friend of mine knows one of the beat reporters and, allegedly, Briere, Hartnell, and Cote are going through divorces. I guess that could affect the locker room, but it does nothing to explain why Mike Richards is fucking awful lately. He's gotta be hurt, it's the only thing that makes sense. And if he is, it might be time to sit and heal. :?

see my post on the previous page - rumor has it that Carter had an affair with Hartnell's wife which has divided the locker room.

either way a major trade must occur - no way this team should be this bad.
  • Options
    to steal a phrase from Stacey King, it's time to play big boy hockey.

somebody needs to grow some balls and stand in front of the net for rebounds, tips and centering passes. JVR seems like he would be a good canidate. he has good size, and from what it looks, good enough hands. hell, give me a jersey, i can skate well enough and i'd be willing to pitch a tent in front. my hands aren't great, but they are good enough to hack at the puck
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    oh yeah, a stick to stick pass isn't a penalty.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    fifefife Posts: 3,327

i think the problem is that we are not as tough on the puck as we were last year. we might be trying to be too defensive and hoping that we can win games that way but i agree so far we suck. the reason we are only 4 points back is because the conference is weak. the season is still young but i am beginning to worry.