Options

The Official Philadelphia Flyers Thread

Comments

• Options
    Jearlpam0925Jearlpam0925 Deep South Philly Posts: 16,832
    What's the secretive rumor of two Flyers doing...."something" together? Were they making out or somethin?
  • Options
    Leathe?ma?Leathe?ma? Яussia Posts: 354
    greetings from the Pens fan :lol:
  • Options
    I didn't see any of the game

From what I heard they actually showed up for majority of the game

This season has been so frustrating
    My drinking team has a hockey problem

The ONLY thing better than a glass of beer is tea with Miss McGill

A protuberance of flesh above the waistband of a tight pair of trousers
  • Options
    8181 Needing a ride to Forest Hills and a ounce of weed. Please inquire within. Thanks. Or not. Posts: 58,276
    i missed the first half of the game, but they looked decent in the second half. some decent chances. it was nice to see JVR hanging around the front of the net a few times. they still need to do more of that.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    8181 Needing a ride to Forest Hills and a ounce of weed. Please inquire within. Thanks. Or not. Posts: 58,276

i knew there was something about you i didn't like :mrgreen:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    81 wrote:

I actually got to talking to a cool Pens fan at the Philly PJ shows

He was a young kid...his first comment was "Why dont you guys ever have a goalie?"

I said it hasn't been froma lack of trying we have drafted and signed goalies but it never works out

Realisticlty I guess we haven't had a true #1 since Hexy that we drafted

• Options
    pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,300
    81 wrote:

He was a young kid...his first comment was "Why dont you guys ever have a goalie?"

I said it hasn't been froma lack of trying we have drafted and signed goalies but it never works out

did you tell him because Clarkie was a moron and was too busy getting goons and worrying about Lindros' parents?
  • Options
    chromiamchromiam Posts: 4,114
    pjhawks wrote:
    81 wrote:

did you tell him because Clarkie was a moron and was too busy getting goons and worrying about Lindros' parents?

That's funny, but how many of the Flyers goaltending draft picks, that they traded away, have actually panned out??? Yep that's about right, I'd say just about none. Clarkie always drafted these high profile, great potential goalies but I can't recall many that have had any success at the AHL or NHL level, other than Boucher.
    This is your notice that there is a problem with your signature. Please remove it.

Admin

Social awareness does not equal political activism!

5/23/2011- An utter embarrassment... ticketing failures too many to list.
  • Options
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    81 wrote:

yeah I read that when it came out... a nice move by the organization, hopefully it will pay off.
    This is your notice that there is a problem with your signature. Please remove it.

Admin

• Options
    it's official.....Flyers suck....
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    hinxhinx Posts: 414
    81 wrote:

Yeah they do. After the holiday freeze I'm ready for a big trade. Bye bye Carter, most likely, since he'd be easiest to move. If you'd asked me last year, I'd have said the idea of trading any of our core youngsters was insane, but now I'm completely over the lot of them and am ready for some changes.

I'm going to sit on a freezing bleacher for 4 hours on New Year's day to see a loss, and that pisses me off. :thumbdown:
  • Options
    This is sickening

Fans should have done this tonight

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rds_ljcVn-o

I'm sure John Stevens is smiling somewhere

• Options
    RygarRygar Posts: 8,685
    81 wrote:
    Join the club!
  • Options
    hinx wrote:
    81 wrote:

Yeah they do. After the holiday freeze I'm ready for a big trade. Bye bye Carter, most likely, since he'd be easiest to move. If you'd asked me last year, I'd have said the idea of trading any of our core youngsters was insane, but now I'm completely over the lot of them and am ready for some changes.

I'm going to sit on a freezing bleacher for 4 hours on New Year's day to see a loss, and that pisses me off. :thumbdown:

Honestly, I'd rather see Hartnell traded. He's a turnover and penalty machine. He puts himself in bad situations and makes horrible blind cross ice passes.

Admin

• Options
    xavier mcdanielxavier mcdaniel Somewhere in NYC Posts: 9,135
    chromiam wrote:
    hinx wrote:
    81 wrote:

Honestly, I'd rather see Hartnell traded. He's a turnover and penalty machine. He puts himself in bad situations and makes horrible blind cross ice passes.

want wade redden or michal rozsival.....
    Reading 2004
    Albany 2006 Camden 2006 E. Rutherford 2, 2006 Inglewood 2006,
    Chicago 2007
    Camden 2008 MSG 2008 MSG 2008 Hartford 2008.
    Seattle 2009 Seattle 2009 Philadelphia 2009,Philadelphia 2009 Philadelphia 2009
    Hartford 2010 MSG 2010 MSG 2010
    Toronto 2011,Toronto 2011
    Wrigley Field 2013 Brooklyn 2013 Brooklyn 2013 Philadelphia 2, 2013
    Philadelphia 1, 2016 Philadelphia 2 2016 New York 2016 New York 2016 Fenway 1, 2016
    Fenway 2, 2018
    MSG 2022
    St. Paul, 1, St. Paul 2 2023
    "I play good, hard-nosed basketball.
    Things happen in the game. Nothing you
    can do. I don't go and say,
    "I'm gonna beat this guy up."
  • Options
    Go Blackhawks????
    Take me piece by piece.....
    Till there aint nothing left worth taking away from me.....
  • Options
    chromiam wrote:

he skates for shit as well.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    Go Blackhawks????

if Wirtz was a live you wouldn't be saying that.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 41,265
    I was hoping the Flyers would turn it around but I think it's safe to say we suck this year.
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
  • Options
    I was hoping the Flyers would turn it around but I think it's safe to say we suck this year.

Yeah...its beyond disappointing

Future looked so bright with all this young "talent"

I wouldnt know where to begin with trades with cap issues and NTC's ?

• Options
    chromiam wrote:
    hinx wrote:

I'd rather see Hartnell traded too, but a) he has a NTC and b) who the f would want his bloated contract? While it's not my preference, I think moving Carter is the easiest way to get rid of part of the "problem" group of players and get something valuable in return.
  • Options
    hinx wrote:
    chromiam wrote:
    hinx wrote:

I'd rather see Hartnell traded too, but a) he has a NTC and b) who the f would want his bloated contract? While it's not my preference, I think moving Carter is the easiest way to get rid of part of the "problem" group of players and get something valuable in return.

Its pretty much a foregone conclusion its Carter

Any players Jersey I get ends up getting traded :(

• Options
    heard a rumor bout kovalchuck coming here.
    Go Birds!!!!
  • Options
    RygarRygar Posts: 8,685
    heard a rumor bout kovalchuck coming here.
    Lol!
  • Options
    The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,501
    not a hockey fan...but why are they so bad this year? all my flyers fans friends were hyping them up all off season and then....this?
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    not a hockey fan...but why are they so bad this year? all my flyers fans friends were hyping them up all off season and then....this?

Seems to be that a bunch of the young players on the team have decided that drinking all night in Old City and picking up puckbunnies is more important than preparing for the games they're paid millions to play. This has, predictably, pissed off the veterans, and now everyone in the locker room hates each other. Also, three guys are allegedly going through messy divorces.

That's the rumor, at least. :lol:
  • Options
    The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,501
    hinx wrote:

Seems to be that a bunch of the young players on the team have decided that drinking all night in Old City and picking up puckbunnies is more important than preparing for the games they're paid millions to play. This has, predictably, pissed off the veterans, and now everyone in the locker room hates each other. Also, three guys are allegedly going through messy divorces.

really? wow. i knew nothing about this stuff
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,300
    hinx wrote:

one of the divorces rumored to be caused by an affair the players wife had with another team member (see previous page)

is it time for Richards to be removed as Captain and give it to Pronger?
  • Options
    StevieGStevieG Ontario Posts: 850
    There are a lot of rumours going around regarding the team, but I'm going to stick with some facts.

The Flyers are a garbage team in need of some skilled players rather than a bunch of clowns who run around delivering cheapshots, late hits, stickwork, etc... They have 4 players whose only attributes are fighting. They shell out big contracts to players way past their prime such as Pronger and Briere(also Richards is paid superstar dollars, when in fact he's a second line center/checker at best). They have no goaltending and haven't since Lindbergh. I could continue listing several more reasons why the Flyers are such a shitty team, but I won't. Merry Christmas everyone.

P.S. I can't wait for the next time the Caps spank them.
    Barrie, ON - Aug 22, 1998
    London, ON - Sep 12, 2005
    Toronto, ON - Aug 21, 2009
    Toronto, ON- Sep 11 2011
    Hamilton, ON- Sep 15 2011
    London, ON- Jul 16 2013
    Buffalo, NY- Oct 12 2013