Options

The Official Philadelphia Flyers Thread

Comments

• Options
    8181 Needing a ride to Forest Hills and a ounce of weed. Please inquire within. Thanks. Or not. Posts: 58,276
    StevieG wrote:
    There are a lot of rumours going around regarding the team, but I'm going to stick with some facts.

The Flyers are a garbage team in need of some skilled players rather than a bunch of clowns who run around delivering cheapshots, late hits, stickwork, etc... They have 4 players whose only attributes are fighting. They shell out big contracts to players way past their prime such as Pronger and Briere(also Richards is paid superstar dollars, when in fact he's a second line center/checker at best). They have no goaltending and haven't since Lindbergh. I could continue listing several more reasons why the Flyers are such a shitty team, but I won't. Merry Christmas everyone.

P.S. I can't wait for the next time the Caps spank them.

let me know when the capitals accomplish something. :roll:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,302
    81 wrote:
    StevieG wrote:
    There are a lot of rumours going around regarding the team, but I'm going to stick with some facts.

The Flyers are a garbage team in need of some skilled players rather than a bunch of clowns who run around delivering cheapshots, late hits, stickwork, etc... They have 4 players whose only attributes are fighting. They shell out big contracts to players way past their prime such as Pronger and Briere(also Richards is paid superstar dollars, when in fact he's a second line center/checker at best). They have no goaltending and haven't since Lindbergh. I could continue listing several more reasons why the Flyers are such a shitty team, but I won't. Merry Christmas everyone.

the man may be a Caps fan but his analysis is pretty spot-on to me. Management and a good portion of the Fan Base longs for Bully-esque hockey - unfortunately that game has long since past yet we try to hold onto that. We need skilled players not tough players. Skill wins today.
  • Options
    StevieG wrote:

I love how fans come out of the wood work to bash the Flyers

I know there isn't a Crapitals thread because they have no solid fan base...and you must be starved for attention..you're still bitter from the game 7 you blew in your own building...I would be too

Some of what you say is true but you're being a douchebag in your delivery..you better look on your own team for a cheap shot artist...I like Ovechkin but he is a dirty player..of course nothing like that saint Dale Hunter was

Do you have a faux hawk like Green ? I bet you do

Keep "Rockin" the red :lol::lol:
    My drinking team has a hockey problem

The ONLY thing better than a glass of beer is tea with Miss McGill

A protuberance of flesh above the waistband of a tight pair of trousers
  • Options
    pjhawks wrote:
    81 wrote:
    StevieG wrote:

the man may be a Caps fan but his analysis is pretty spot-on to me. Management and a good portion of the Fan Base longs for Bully-esque hockey - unfortunately that game has long since past yet we try to hold onto that. We need skilled players not tough players. Skill wins today.

They have enough skill to be a much better team then what they've shown

Whats changed since last year ? They traded Lupul who would disappear for long stretches anyway and Knuble to free agency..I think they have missed some of his grit in front especially on the PP

I still think they have enough scoring depth..the young guys have to step it up

Carter,Richards,Briere is what is killing this team..plus Hartnell's dumb fuckin penalties

Tim P was on 610 this morning and said there is a big divide in the locker room with the young guys and the vets..the chemistry is way off

I still would not trade Carter..the party boys of Lupul,Carter,Upshall and Richards I think has changed the chemistry by getting rid of the 2...they were obvious friends outside of the rink

• Options
    RygarRygar Posts: 8,685
    pjhawks wrote:
    hinx wrote:
    not a hockey fan...but why are they so bad this year? all my flyers fans friends were hyping them up all off season and then....this?

Seems to be that a bunch of the young players on the team have decided that drinking all night in Old City and picking up puckbunnies is more important than preparing for the games they're paid millions to play. This has, predictably, pissed off the veterans, and now everyone in the locker room hates each other. Also, three guys are allegedly going through messy divorces.

That's the rumor, at least. :lol:

one of the divorces rumored to be caused by an affair the players wife had with another team member (see previous page)

is it time for Richards to be removed as Captain and give it to Pronger?
    Captain Elbow might make a decent captain.
  • Options
    I dont think you can strip Richards of the "C"

Whats he got 10yrs left on his contract ? He would definitely not be happy

I don't think they should have given him the captaincy so soon..that was a mistake

I would have given it to Kimo when he got here or Briere

• Options
    8181 Needing a ride to Forest Hills and a ounce of weed. Please inquire within. Thanks. Or not. Posts: 58,276
    hmm, maybe the capitla guy doesn't like that the Flyers are 95-68-19 agaist the caps all time. they've also outscored them 637-548
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    i still think it boils down to the dirty work. somebody needs to pitch a tent in front of the net. perhapsh we should get Brendan shannahan out of retirement to show the Flyers how to do it.

then they need to stop taking so many 45 degree angle shots that all get saved with the rebound going to the corner. shoot from out top, but a guy in front of the net to redirect shots and put away rebounds. maybe i'm missing something....
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    RygarRygar Posts: 8,685
    81 wrote:
    i still think it boils down to the dirty work. somebody needs to pitch a tent
    I think that's frowned upon...
  • Options
    pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,302
    on paper it looks like they have enough talent yet we still put a goon in Carcillo on our supposed 1st line.
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    pjhawks wrote:
    on paper it looks like they have enough talent yet we still put a goon in Carcillo on our supposed 1st line.

why is he getting power play minutes???

I'd also like to see JVR get more ice time. he was the number 2 pick in the friggen draft a couple of years back. he was tearing it up early in the season. yes i understand he hasn't done much lateley, but his ice time is also down. i'd like to see him play some power forward.
    Post edited by 81 on
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    Rygar wrote:
    81 wrote:

:?: camping in front of the net is frowned upon??? by dirty work i don't mean penalites or overly rough play, but grinding, digging the puck out, working hard.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    hinxhinx Posts: 414
    Say what you will about Carcillo (and I totally acknowledge his stupid penalties and reckless temper), but he's getting minutes because right now he's one of the few forwards playing with any heart. Richards and Carter skate around like they could give a shit whether or not they win or lose.

As far as Richie's C, I don't think you can strip him of it without causing even more problems. That said, he should man up and admit to the fact that the only thing he's lead lately is the parade down to 2nd and Walnut, and give up the C on the condition that it'll be his when he earns it. He's got it in him, he's been a captain twice before and he was fantastic last year, but these season his priorities seem to be all f'ed up.

It's so nice to have hockey and Pearl Jam all in one place :lol:
  • Options
    81 wrote:
    Rygar wrote:
    81 wrote:

:?: camping in front of the net is frowned upon??? by dirty work i don't mean penalites or overly rough play, but grinding, digging the puck out, working hard.

He was making a joke about "Pitching a tent"

Yeah..there hasn't been any ugly goals with this team...nobody paying the price

• Options
    pjhawks wrote:

I hear ya...it does seem ass backwards

But hes been playing well and under control for the most part

This is a team that went to the ECF and was pushing the Pens to a game 7 and now cant even score

Mind boggling

• Options
    Kovalchuck ? How would they pay him ?

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/3126 ... -kovalchuk

• Options
    put a big ol circle around the 3rd goal tonight. shot from straight out with Betts just in front of the paint for a redirect. do that more and you get more goals.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    I'm never watching again! I couldn't watch the game tonight because I had a festivus party to go to and they FINALLY win.

I'm banning myself from all broadcasts.
  • Options
    StevieGStevieG Ontario Posts: 850
    Awesome win guys, incredible job knocking off the powerhouse Lightning.
    Barrie, ON - Aug 22, 1998
    London, ON - Sep 12, 2005
    Toronto, ON - Aug 21, 2009
    Toronto, ON- Sep 11 2011
    Hamilton, ON- Sep 15 2011
    London, ON- Jul 16 2013
    Buffalo, NY- Oct 12 2013
  • Options
    Rygar wrote:
    heard a rumor bout kovalchuck coming here.
    Lol!
    Told u there are reports
    Go Birds!!!!
  • Options
    StevieGStevieG Ontario Posts: 850
    edited December 2009
    Hartnell & Carter have both denied the affair allegations regarding Hartnells wife, but there are new reports surfacing. The new report suggest that Carter did not have an affair with Hartnells wife but in fact has been banging old Scotty himself. Once this news broke Pronger became quite irate, since he thought that he was in an exclusive relationship with Carter. There are also unconfirmed reports of more tension in the dressing room. Captain Mike asked Carcillo to shave his silly mustache since he finds it quite ticklish in his private place, Carcillo stated that he would if Richards gives up the "C". Things just keep getting crazier in Philly, stay tuned.
    Post edited by StevieG on
    Barrie, ON - Aug 22, 1998
    London, ON - Sep 12, 2005
    Toronto, ON - Aug 21, 2009
    Toronto, ON- Sep 11 2011
    Hamilton, ON- Sep 15 2011
    London, ON- Jul 16 2013
    Buffalo, NY- Oct 12 2013
  • Options
    81 wrote:
    put a big ol circle around the 3rd goal tonight. shot from straight out with Betts just in front of the paint for a redirect. do that more and you get more goals.

Amazing isn't it ?

I'm so sick of Carter going wide instead of heading right to the net

Imagine if he forced the D-man to do something and possibly force a penalty

• Options
    hinx wrote:
    I'm never watching again! I couldn't watch the game tonight because I had a festivus party to go to and they FINALLY win.

I'm banning myself from all broadcasts.

Stay away for about a month !!

:P

• Options
    StevieG wrote:
    Hartnell & Carter have both denied the affair allegations regarding Hartnells wife, but there are new reports surfacing. The new report suggest that Carter did not have an affair with Hartnells wife but in fact has been banging old Scotty himself. Once this news broke Pronger became quite irate, since he thought that he was in an exclusive relationship with Carter. There are also unconfirmed reports of more tension in the dressing room. Captain Mike asked Carcillo to shave his silly mustache since he finds it quite ticklish in his private place, Carcillo statedc that he would if Richards gives up the "C". Things just keep getting crazier in Philly, stay tuned.

http://media.photobucket.com/image/wash ... bb3143.jpg

:sick: :wtf: :eh:

Perfect Christmas gift for you...you can get that pic on your fav coffee mug

:lol::lol:

• Options
    They strung two wins together, it's a Christmas miracle! :lol:
  • Options
    3 in a row. amazing. i've missed the last couple of games so i have no idea how the games have looked.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    They've looked very good in stretches and very bad in stretches..like blowing a 3 goal lead against CAR in the 3rd period

The scheduling gods have helped with these last few games

Its good timing to work out the kinks of Lavi's system against mediocre teams

Overall the goaltending has been pretty good

• Options
    fifefife Posts: 3,327
    while the teams we are beating are not great who cares we are playing them on the road and hopefully we get our confidence back. just remember that the Pens were like this last year and won the cup.
  • Options
    eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 41,279
    I was hoping the Flyers would turn it around but I think it's safe to say we suck this year.

Someone on the Flyers must have read my post and said we'll show him :roll:

4 in a row now. Can't wait for the winter classic in Beantown, should be a decent game.
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly