The Official Philadelphia Flyers Thread

Comments

• The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,551
    Ya know, I'm glad the NHL is going to stick with Versus. I think NBCU is going to make it wayyy better. Plus, ESPN is a fucking joke. And I just realized how much ESPN shits on the NHL - if you wanna check out scores at the top of the website, the order of importance of scores go: NBA, NCAAB, NCAAW :roll: , then the NHL. Unbelievable - whatta bunch of hard on's.

...but it's ahead of soccer

ESPN did well when they had ESPN2 in the 90's with Gary Thorne and Bill Clement doing the games

Unless they broadcast a sport its put on the back burner...they drive me nuts with the NBA covreage

NHL highlights are few and far between on there now

their nhl music was the shit
    www.myspace.com
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    What a goal.

Almost there
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    Haha....
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    Nice game after a long layoff.

Carolina has a solid unbiased broadcast crew.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • I blame 81
    My drinking team has a hockey problem

The ONLY thing better than a glass of beer is tea with Miss McGill

A protuberance of flesh above the waistband of a tight pair of trousers
  • This team is good real good,and that Carter guy is playing some damn good hockey!!!!!
    Go Birds!!!!
  • I blame 81

Not gonna happen, until we get 5 shutouts in the playoffs. :lol:
    Spectrum 10/27/09; New Orleans JazzFest 5/1/10; Made in America 9/2/12; WF Center 10/21/13; WF Center 10/22/13; Baltimore 10/27/13;
    WF Center 4/28/16; WF Center 4/29/16; Fenway Park 8/7/16; Fenway Park 9/2/18; Asbury Park 9/18/21; Camden 9/14/22;
    Las Vegas 5/16/24; Las Vegas 5/18/24; WF Center 9/7/24; WF Center 9/9/24; Baltimore Arena 9/12/24

Tres Mtns - TLA 3/23/11; EV - Tower Theatre 6/25/11; Temple of the Dog - Tower Theatre 11/5/16
  • This team is good real good,and that Carter guy is playing some damn good hockey!!!!!

Shoulda traded that bum

;)

Shoulda traded that bum

;)

Yeah, wonder who made that comment????
    Go Birds!!!!

Shoulda traded that bum

;)

I still don't like the 30 year contract. :roll:
    Spectrum 10/27/09; New Orleans JazzFest 5/1/10; Made in America 9/2/12; WF Center 10/21/13; WF Center 10/22/13; Baltimore 10/27/13;
    WF Center 4/28/16; WF Center 4/29/16; Fenway Park 8/7/16; Fenway Park 9/2/18; Asbury Park 9/18/21; Camden 9/14/22;
    Las Vegas 5/16/24; Las Vegas 5/18/24; WF Center 9/7/24; WF Center 9/9/24; Baltimore Arena 9/12/24

Tres Mtns - TLA 3/23/11; EV - Tower Theatre 6/25/11; Temple of the Dog - Tower Theatre 11/5/16

Shoulda traded that bum

;)

The years are long but as long as he's getting 35-40 goals a year I can deal with it

He still needs to step up in the Playoffs

• Jearlpam0925Jearlpam0925 Posts: 16,975

Shoulda traded that bum

;)

The years are long but as long as he's getting 35-40 goals a year I can deal with it

He still needs to step up in the Playoffs

Until then.....Bobby Abreu....

just be glad it's not 15 years of glass joe between the pipes
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • The FixerThe Fixer Posts: 12,837
    This team is good real good,and that Carter guy is playing some damn good hockey!!!!!

nice to see the casual fans stop by (even a jeagler sighting)

as for carter...wait til the playoffs.

he's abreu with frosted tips

BAM. and abreu never choked in the playoffs.

in my book carter is worse. it's not possible to have two worse playoff years than carter has had the last two years (especially the pittsburgh series where fleury stoned him approximately 2,482 times)

like I said...flyers should have locked giroux up for more than 3 years. he is awesome. they got the carter and giroux contracts backwards
  • Jearlpam0925Jearlpam0925 Posts: 16,975
    The Fixer wrote:

BAM. and abreu never choked in the playoffs.

in my book carter is worse. it's not possible to have two worse playoff years than carter has had the last two years (especially the pittsburgh series where fleury stoned him approximately 2,482 times)

like I said...flyers should have locked giroux up for more than 3 years. he is awesome. they got the carter and giroux contracts backwards

Hey, as long as Carter keeps the numbers up he'll be expendable. Snyder loves this team, and he knows a talent when he sees one, I don't think Giroux is going anywhere.

And I gotta say the choke on the open net that Carter had last year was worse.

And I gotta say the choke on the open net that Carter had last year was worse.

abreu is my most hated philly athlete ever...and he never choked liked that
    The Fixer wrote:
    This team is good real good,and that Carter guy is playing some damn good hockey!!!!!

hockey! :thumbup: :wave:
    www.myspace.com
  • pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,431
    The Fixer wrote:

except you forget the guy was playing on one foot and two good feat is kind of important in hockey. yes he should have buried the shot in game 6 no doubt, but he probably shouldn't have even been out there. if he is healthly in the playoffs and fails then you have a point, but playing on one foot it's hard to rip the guy too much.
  • pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,431
    the Comcast Network (hd 201) is showing Game 6 from 1987 Stanley Cup finals tonight (friday) at i believe 8:00 - JJ Daignault game. rich tocchet said loudest he's ever heard the Spectrum. incredible team, incredible series.
  • pjhawks wrote:
    the Comcast Network (hd 201) is showing Game 6 from 1987 Stanley Cup finals tonight (friday) at i believe 8:00 - JJ Daignault game. rich tocchet said loudest he's ever heard the Spectrum. incredible team, incredible series.

RicK. Come on man.

That game was unreal. Gene Hart had one of his heartattacks when Hextall coughed it up to Messier with 10 seconds left, and just barely got back to the net to save it.

what a ho hum night in the sports world, or at least my sports world.

most exciting thing on is Peter playing for the Avs tonight.

Rumor has it, he does a killer impression of AI's Practice speech
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • 81 wrote:
    what a ho hum night in the sports world, or at least my sports world.

most exciting thing on is Peter playing for the Avs tonight.

Rumor has it, he does a killer impression of AI's Practice speech

Is it that thin air that allows him to find skates that fit? :roll:

• The Fixer wrote:

Casual fan who's been to 10-12 games this year,your dead on again. :roll:
    Go Birds!!!!
    Avs jackets game has been pretty entertaining
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Watched the replay of the '87 game

Couple of observations

1)The Boards with No Ads..so used to seeing them with ads

2)All the non-calls that are calls today..Interference,holding..stuff let go after the whistle

3)How well EDM played defensively even though they were a high flying offensive team

4)The Flyers looked tired

5)How good Gene Hart and Bobby Taylor were at calling a game :(

Bobby Taylor still around he does games for the Lightning
    Gene Hart had one of his heartattacks when Hextall coughed it up to Messier with 10 seconds left, and just barely got back to the net to save it.

I had forgotten about :lol:

Couple of observations

2)All the non-calls that are calls today..Interference,holding..stuff let go after the whistle

3)How well EDM played defensively even though they were a high flying offensive team

Gene Hart had one of his heartattacks when Hextall coughed it up to Messier with 10 seconds left, and just barely got back to the net to save it.

I remember having a pennant for that playoff run,(the 3rd cup is the sweetest). The good old days of hockey were awesome.
    Go Birds!!!!

Couple of observations

I remember having a pennant for that playoff run,(the 3rd cup is the sweetest). The good old days of hockey were awesome.

We didn't have cable in my area I remember going to a friends house to watch the games on PRISM

How about Dave Brown getting the team going on his 1st shift ?

We didn't have cable in my area I remember going to a friends house to watch the games on PRISM

How about Dave Brown getting the team going on his 1st shift ?[/quote]

ridiculous question...was the stanely cup finals not broadcast nationally back then? why was this game on prism?

and for the record--prism was awesome.
    www.myspace.com
  • ridiculous question...was the stanely cup finals not broadcast nationally back then? why was this game on prism?

and for the record--prism was awesome.

I'm really not sure - in '88 Finals were on ESPN (we were able to get cable in the interim). Remember the Boston Garden blackout? But all the '87 Finals games were on local TV in Philly. And when they replay those games on ESPN Classic it's the Flyers' announcers and all.

I thought it was crazy that the Flyers managed to get Kate Smith's God Bless America played before Game 7 IN Edmonton. Or am I crazy for misremembering this? (thanks for that word Rocket :lol: )

We had Prism off and on - when my dad got sick of paying for it we lost it, and when he got sick of my whining we got it back. :lol: Then S & SW Philly got the cable chips and we had every channel. :D