The Official Philadelphia Flyers Thread

Comments

• 8181 Posts: 58,276
    81 wrote:
    Was that jvr's first fight
    Indeed it was... ironic against a former FLYER
    all he needs now is the assist

He didnt look to bad for the first half of the fight. Good for his development
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    Gordie in the house
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Jearlpam0925Jearlpam0925 Posts: 16,977
    Bango
    Double damnit
  • The FixerThe Fixer Posts: 12,837
    Stamkos, drop the gloves you fag

I wish the flyers still had downie. I love that dude
  • The Fixer wrote:
    Stamkos, drop the gloves you fag

I wish the flyers still had downie. I love that dude
    I had his jersey it's now converted into Hextall
    :lol:
    My drinking team has a hockey problem

The ONLY thing better than a glass of beer is tea with Miss McGill

A protuberance of flesh above the waistband of a tight pair of trousers
  • Woohoo! Tense game - felt like playoffs.

Nice inside track on the 1 seed now.
    Spectrum 10/27/09; New Orleans JazzFest 5/1/10; Made in America 9/2/12; WF Center 10/21/13; WF Center 10/22/13; Baltimore 10/27/13;
    WF Center 4/28/16; WF Center 4/29/16; Fenway Park 8/7/16; Fenway Park 9/2/18; Asbury Park 9/18/21; Camden 9/14/22;
    Las Vegas 5/16/24; Las Vegas 5/18/24; WF Center 9/7/24; WF Center 9/9/24; Baltimore Arena 9/12/24

Tres Mtns - TLA 3/23/11; EV - Tower Theatre 6/25/11; Temple of the Dog - Tower Theatre 11/5/16
  • eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 41,812
    Woohoo! Tense game - felt like playoffs.

+1 yeah shootout was pretty sweet.
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    4/28/16- Philly, PA
    4/29/16- Philly, PA
    5/1/16- NYC
    5/2/16- NYC
    9/2/18- Boston, MA
    9/4/18- Boston, MA
    9/14/22- Camden, NJ
    9/7/24- Philly, PA
    9/9/24- Philly, PA
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly. PA
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly, PA
    RNDM- 3/9/16- Philly, PA
  • Woohoo! Tense game - felt like playoffs.

+1 yeah shootout was pretty sweet.

Boosh is just clutch. Always has been.

So yeah, it felt like playoffs, except they played a shootout at the end. :roll: And the losers still got a point.
    Spectrum 10/27/09; New Orleans JazzFest 5/1/10; Made in America 9/2/12; WF Center 10/21/13; WF Center 10/22/13; Baltimore 10/27/13;
    WF Center 4/28/16; WF Center 4/29/16; Fenway Park 8/7/16; Fenway Park 9/2/18; Asbury Park 9/18/21; Camden 9/14/22;
    Las Vegas 5/16/24; Las Vegas 5/18/24; WF Center 9/7/24; WF Center 9/9/24; Baltimore Arena 9/12/24

Tres Mtns - TLA 3/23/11; EV - Tower Theatre 6/25/11; Temple of the Dog - Tower Theatre 11/5/16
    nice to get two points

sucks to give up the point when up 3-1 after a short handed penalty shot goal.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    81 wrote:
    nice to get two points

sucks to give up a point when you win the game. I'm with Johnny, that rule sucks.

tampa and pitt are the two teams I want no part of come playoff time. Stamkos and Lecavelier are beasts.

JVR was great tonight. Best game I've seen him play. He is a totally different player from last year. Dude is still young as hell and still filling out.

This team is loaded
    JVR should put up 20 goals this year, and has barely scratched the surface of what he can become.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    81 wrote:
    JVR should put up 20 goals this year, and has barely scratched the surface of what he can become.

yep. he looks so much stronger and faster than last year. it was nice to see him drop the gloves in giroux's defense too. gotta love seeing shit like that
    nice to see him get physical like that. he's always looked a little timid in that department, and imo, for him to reach that potential, he has to be willing to get in there and muck it up in the corners and in front of the net.

now it's time to beat the shit out of Florida. Flyers owe them a couple
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • fifefife Posts: 3,327
    The Fixer wrote:
    81 wrote:
    nice to get two points

sucks to give up a point when you win the game. I'm with Johnny, that rule sucks.

tampa and pitt are the two teams I want no part of come playoff time. Stamkos and Lecavelier are beasts.

JVR was great tonight. Best game I've seen him play. He is a totally different player from last year. Dude is still young as hell and still filling out.

This team is loaded

really, i am not that scared of both the pens and the lighting. with malkin gone, pitts is not to deep and i still think that the lighting need a better defense. playoff hockey is different than regular season
  • fife wrote:
    The Fixer wrote:
    81 wrote:
    nice to get two points

This team is loaded

really, i am not that scared of both the pens and the lighting. with malkin gone, pitts is not to deep and i still think that the lighting need a better defense. playoff hockey is different than regular season

I don't fear either team..the only fear if you want to call it that is health

They need to stay healthy heading into the playoffs

The one year a few seasons ago they lost all 4 to the HABS in the regular season and beat them in 5 games in the playoffs...Playoff time totally different animal

• For the record I had no idea Versteeg was that small

:shock:

I think Danny has a few inches on him :lol:

For the record I had no idea Versteeg was that small

he is small...i barely saw him out there, yet he had the 4th most minutes amoung forwards tonight.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • 81 wrote:
    For the record I had no idea Versteeg was that small

he is small...i barely saw him out there, yet he had the 4th most minutes amoung forwards tonight.

You see the scrum by the boards ?

The TB defenseman had like a ft on him !

fife wrote:
    The Fixer wrote:
    81 wrote:
    nice to get two points

This team is loaded

not saying the flyers should be scared of anyone. and I agree that the pens are at their most vulnerable point in probably 5 years. gotta keep in mind that they will have around 7 mill to play with if malkin is out for year (as expected). and we have seen fleury steal playoff series in the past. so I'm just saying that I'd rather not play them. if nothing else that would be an emotionally draining series

tampa is the one team that has given the flyers issues this season. they might not be as talented as the flyers, but I think they could cause problems in the playoffs (moreso than the rest of the teams in the east anyway)
  • fifefife Posts: 3,327
    really, i am not that scared of both the pens and the lighting. with malkin gone, pitts is not to deep and i still think that the lighting need a better defense. playoff hockey is different than regular season[/quote]

not saying the flyers should be scared of anyone. and I agree that the pens are at their most vulnerable point in probably 5 years. gotta keep in mind that they will have around 7 mill to play with if malkin is out for year (as expected). and we have seen fleury steal playoff series in the past. so I'm just saying that I'd rather not play them. if nothing else that would be an emotionally draining series

tampa is the one team that has given the flyers issues this season. they might not be as talented as the flyers, but I think they could cause problems in the playoffs (moreso than the rest of the teams in the east anyway)[/quote]

i agree with you about the pens have 7 million but who is out there that they can get that can approve them. the team that im watching is the Capitals. they are not having a great year so far but i still believe that they have the talent to win. but they still have the issue around defense.
  • http://bleacherreport.com/articles/6090 ... t-too-much

Kris Versteeg Overvalued by Philadelphia Flyers: Why They Spent Too Much

Kris Versteeg was an instrumental part of the magical Stanley Cup run last year by the Chicago Blackhawks, as he scored 14 points in 22 games to help bring the Cup back to the Windy City. In fact, no team probably understands that better than the Philadelphia Flyers, who lost to the Hawks in six games in the Finals.

Trade rumors have swirled around Philadelphia, with most of the buzz surrounding their desire to add another forward to their squad as they continue their run towards the Eastern Conference's first seed and yet another deep playoff run. After sending defenseman Matt Walker to the AHL to free up cap space, many speculated that it was only a matter of time before the Flyers "got their man."

But did they spend too much for Versteeg?

By sending away their first- and third-round draft picks to acquire him, the Flyers are certainly giving up a lot of potential future gains for help in the short term. Although Versteeg is still young, at only 24, can he really help a Flyer squad that already boasts the deepest group of forwards in the NHL?

Philadelphia so far has been able to win consistently through balanced scoring across all four lines, forcing opposing teams to defend a full 60 minutes and not allowing an opponent's checking line to neutralize their offense. In many ways, adding Kris Versteeg is adding more of the same, and not really addressing any gaps or shortcomings of the team.
    Did the Flyers overpay for Kris Versteeg?

If it isn't broke, why spend so much to fix it?

Can the goaltending tandem of rookie sensation Sergei Bobrovsky and veteran Brian Boucher hold up through the end of the season and into the playoffs? Will their current stock of defensemen be able to bottle up some of the more dynamic offenses in the league come playoff time—such as the Tampa Bay Lightning or the Pittsburgh Penguins, or a team like the Vancouver Canucks if they make the Finals?

Versteeg, while a talented player, simply doesn't fill a need for the Flyers. Forwards such as Ville Leino, Scott Hartnell and James van Riemsdyk have performed admirably all year long in a dual checking/offensive role, and trying to fit Versteeg into the rotation could do more harm than good for Flyers coach Peter Laviolette.

It could also hurt the confidence of a slumping player like Andreas Nodl, who may end up in the AHL as a result of the deal.

The precedent has been set by the Mike Fisher deal, and the Flyers paid a similar price that the Nashville Predators paid. But Fisher directly addresses a hole that the Predators need to fill. Versteeg does not do the same for the Flyers, and even though their first-round pick will most likely end up being a bottom-10 (or bottom-five) pick, when paired with the third-rounder, they simply paid too much.

So what do you think? Did they pay too much? Is Versteeg a good fit? Does this put the Flyers over the edge and make them the favorites to win the Cup?

read that article yesterday.

you give up a couple of draft picks which will be late in their respectice rounds for a player that you know can play in the NHL. if you want to argue that draft picks are worth more, i present you #93. Drafted in the top 10, yet is struggling several years into his career.

than you have to ask, what roster spot is he taking. it appears last night that shelley sat out. so you are telling me, you would rather have jody vs. kris? i think not.

solid trade that makes the forwards deeper, both scoring and defensivly. i'll take this trade all day long.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • 81 wrote:
    read that article yesterday.

you give up a couple of draft picks which will be late in their respectice rounds for a player that you know can play in the NHL. if you want to argue that draft picks are worth more, i present you #93. Drafted in the top 10, yet is struggling several years into his career.

than you have to ask, what roster spot is he taking. it appears last night that shelley sat out. so you are telling me, you would rather have jody vs. kris? i think not.

solid trade that makes the forwards deeper, both scoring and defensivly. i'll take this trade all day long.

I hear ya about draft picks..just surprised a 1st rd pick only gets this kind of player back this day and age

1st rd picks at one time held more weight I guess

you guys know that the bleacher report site is just random fans posting shit right? so I wouldn't put too much weight in anything you read there.

I like the versteeg trade. If nothing else he replaces carcillo or zherdev in the playoffs, which is a positive thing.
    The Fixer wrote:
    you guys know that the bleacher report site is just random fans posting shit right? so I wouldn't put too much weight in anything you read there.

I like the versteeg trade. If nothing else he replaces carcillo or zherdev in the playoffs, which is a positive thing.

Bleach Report is the fucking worst sports news(if you wanna call it that) known to mankind. Garbage.
    Tonight is the night...i feel it
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Versteeg first point with the O&B !

• 81 wrote:
    Tonight is the night...i feel it

gas ?

Could be, had a bad case of gas post lunch.

Fyi, rod stewart will be playing a show in the panthers barn, as will ozzy. They never advertise concerts during chicago telecasts.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg