81 wrote:
    Lavy nice pick up.

From a player perspective, there have been a bunch of nice deals
    Leino for Tollesfen and a 5th rounder
    Meszaros for a second rounder
    Matt Carle for a bunch of nobodies
    Timonen and Hartnell for a first rounder
    Coburn for Zhitnik

i didn't include Pronger, because they gave up a ton to get him.

on the bad side
    Gagne for Walker and a 4th rounder. But this was obviously done for salary cap reasons so livable.

http://www.flyershistory.com/cgi-bin/trade.cgi

funny article from over the summer saying how bad all the off season moves were. :lol:

http://philly.sbnation.com/2010/7/10/15 ... n-what-are

yes he has pretty much stolen the whole defense other than Pronger.
  • $17 :shock: :!:

I was gonna put something about $167 in my signature, but my wife might find out about it then... :shifty: :shh:

I'm sure amazon will have this for about $30 cheaper too, with free shpping. Stupid.

WOW...you went for it all !

I couldn't justify it to myself...although I almsot did :lol:

Hopefully the PJ20 show is near by and I'll hit that up instead

I'm considering calling them and canceling it. I mean, I already have both on vinyl, so you're basically paying $120 (plus shipping) for 6 extra songs from a 1994 concert and the rest of the concert on vinyl, and some fancy pictures & packaging.

Nice game last night - kind of a gutsy win. Preds played tough. :D

Of course, the incidental contact no goal was bullshit. I'm sure all the Predators fans on this board are up in arms. :lol:
    Spectrum 10/27/09; New Orleans JazzFest 5/1/10; Made in America 9/2/12; WF Center 10/21/13; WF Center 10/22/13; Baltimore 10/27/13;
    WF Center 4/28/16; WF Center 4/29/16; Fenway Park 8/7/16; Fenway Park 9/2/18; Asbury Park 9/18/21; Camden 9/14/22;
    Las Vegas 5/16/24; Las Vegas 5/18/24; WF Center 9/7/24; WF Center 9/9/24; Baltimore Arena 9/12/24

Tres Mtns - TLA 3/23/11; EV - Tower Theatre 6/25/11; Temple of the Dog - Tower Theatre 11/5/16
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    I'm sure all the Predators fans on this board are up in arms. :lol:

thre are preds fans on here :?:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • 81 wrote:
    I'm sure all the Predators fans on this board are up in arms. :lol:

thre are preds fans on here :?:

Hence the lol.
    Spectrum 10/27/09; New Orleans JazzFest 5/1/10; Made in America 9/2/12; WF Center 10/21/13; WF Center 10/22/13; Baltimore 10/27/13;
    WF Center 4/28/16; WF Center 4/29/16; Fenway Park 8/7/16; Fenway Park 9/2/18; Asbury Park 9/18/21; Camden 9/14/22;
    Las Vegas 5/16/24; Las Vegas 5/18/24; WF Center 9/7/24; WF Center 9/9/24; Baltimore Arena 9/12/24

Tres Mtns - TLA 3/23/11; EV - Tower Theatre 6/25/11; Temple of the Dog - Tower Theatre 11/5/16
    so its come to this. the Flyers are the only team now without a shutout.

:lol:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Two other teams in NHL history have won the Stanley Cup without recording a regular-season shutout—the 1981-82 New York Islanders and the 1986-87 Edmonton Oilers
    My drinking team has a hockey problem

The ONLY thing better than a glass of beer is tea with Miss McGill

A protuberance of flesh above the waistband of a tight pair of trousers
    Two other teams in NHL history have won the Stanley Cup without recording a regular-season shutout—the 1981-82 New York Islanders and the 1986-87 Edmonton Oilers

that woudln't be bad company to keep.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • 81 wrote:
    Two other teams in NHL history have won the Stanley Cup without recording a regular-season shutout—the 1981-82 New York Islanders and the 1986-87 Edmonton Oilers

that woudln't be bad company to keep.

Nope...couple of dynasties there

BTW saw that Ville Leino out and about Friday night in downtown Philly...we were walking to a bar from the Car Show...he didnt end up at the same the bar

:(

• fifefife Posts: 3,327
    So am i the only one who doesn't like the way the NHL has booked these games. The Flyers only play 2 times this week. Thursday and Sunday. anyway, it was a nice win on Saturday against a very good western conference team.
    fife wrote:
    So am i the only one who doesn't like the way the NHL has booked these games. The Flyers only play 2 times this week. Thursday and Sunday. anyway, it was a nice win on Saturday against a very good western conference team.

it's nuts. last season they played 1 game a week for the frist couple of weeks, than played 4 games a week for a month

this year it's a week off at christmas, nearly a week off for the all star break, and than a bunch more time off this week.

of course, coming up are a bunch of games because of the schedule. on the bright side, it should put them in a playoff mind set playing just about every other day.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • My drinking team has a hockey problem

• Two other teams in NHL history have won the Stanley Cup without recording a regular-season shutout—the 1981-82 New York Islanders and the 1986-87 Edmonton Oilers

When I read that (it said 2 teams, but didn't say who they were) the first thing I thought of were the 80s Oilers. Should've thought of the 80 Isles as well.

Both of these teams also finished first overall, and scored nearly 5 goals per game.

Also:

82 Isles shut out the Canucks in Game 3 of the Finals, 3-0.
    87 Oilers beat the Kings 13-3 in Game 2 of the Division Semifinals.

• Five Worst Trades in NHL History

http://network.yardbarker.com/nhl/artic ... hl/4081692

1) 1992 – Quebec Nordiques traded Eric Lindros to the Philadelphia Flyers for Ron Hextall, Miki Ricci, Peter Forsberg, Steve Duchesne, Kerry Huffman, and a 1st round draft pick (Joceyln Thibault) along with future considerations.

The Nordiques drafted Lindros in 1992 with the intention of making him the centerpiece of their franchise turnaround, despite the fact Lindros publicly said he would never signed with them if selected. There were even those who felt the NHL pressured the Nordiques into trading Lindros to the Flyers in order to prevent damage to the image of the league.

Many people consider this trade crucial to the rise of the Colorado Avalanche, which the Nordiques became in 1995, as the Avalanche eventually received several key players that helped them win eight division titles and two Stanley cups. During his time with the Flyers, Lindros average 82 points per season, won the Hart trophy, and led them to the conference title.

Had it not been for injuries and perhaps better surrounding personnel, there are those who say Lindros could have gone down in history as one of the greatest of all time.

Five Worst Trades in NHL History

http://network.yardbarker.com/nhl/artic ... hl/4081692

1) 1992 – Quebec Nordiques traded Eric Lindros to the Philadelphia Flyers for Ron Hextall, Miki Ricci, Peter Forsberg, Steve Duchesne, Kerry Huffman, and a 1st round draft pick (Joceyln Thibault) along with future considerations.

The Nordiques drafted Lindros in 1992 with the intention of making him the centerpiece of their franchise turnaround, despite the fact Lindros publicly said he would never signed with them if selected. There were even those who felt the NHL pressured the Nordiques into trading Lindros to the Flyers in order to prevent damage to the image of the league.

Many people consider this trade crucial to the rise of the Colorado Avalanche, which the Nordiques became in 1995, as the Avalanche eventually received several key players that helped them win eight division titles and two Stanley cups. During his time with the Flyers, Lindros average 82 points per season, won the Hart trophy, and led them to the conference title.

Had it not been for injuries and perhaps better surrounding personnel, there are those who say Lindros could have gone down in history as one of the greatest of all time.

no doubt about it, they gave up way to much to get Lindros. this was the NHL's version of the Herschel Walker trade.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Jearlpam0925Jearlpam0925 Posts: 16,975
    Had 12th row seats exactly center ice tv side on Saturday. Best fucking seats ever.
    Had 12th row seats exactly center ice tv side on Saturday. Best fucking seats ever.

8-)

my one time there, i had 6th row seats. i could look across the ice and down the visitors tunnel. that was pretty cool.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    81 wrote:

8-)

my one time there, i had 6th row seats. i could look across the ice and down the visitors tunnel. that was pretty cool.

It was the best every time the ref came over to announce a penalty to the box. It looked like he was staring right as us. So we did the logical thing and kept giving him the finger & followed that up with a "fuck you".
    :lol: :thumbup:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    this sucks...........no hockey and very few basketball games this past week.

oh well...

in other news, Malkin done for the year.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • 81 wrote:

oh well...

There were rumors that Crosby is done for the year, but they are denying it.

81 wrote:

oh well...

Lookin' like our year! :thumbup:
    sucks for Pitt and the NHL in general, but i'll take the gift horse

still a lot of teams playing well.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • 81 wrote:

oh well...

Lookin' like our year! :thumbup:

I'm hearing March for Crosby but thats also speculation

Malkin's injury could be career threatening...both MCL and ACL torn :o

That's my worst fear for the Flyguys is injuries late in the year

• Hey everyone - guess what? We have a Flyers game tonight!

Hurricanes... Ok, let's, um, beat 'em. 8-)

Bob or Boosh?

2/3rds of the way to a shutout
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • :shh: :silent:

Ya know, I'm glad the NHL is going to stick with Versus. I think NBCU is going to make it wayyy better. Plus, ESPN is a fucking joke. And I just realized how much ESPN shits on the NHL - if you wanna check out scores at the top of the website, the order of importance of scores go: NBA, NCAAB, NCAAW :roll: , then the NHL. Unbelievable - whatta bunch of hard on's.
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,551
    Ya know, I'm glad the NHL is going to stick with Versus. I think NBCU is going to make it wayyy better. Plus, ESPN is a fucking joke. And I just realized how much ESPN shits on the NHL - if you wanna check out scores at the top of the website, the order of importance of scores go: NBA, NCAAB, NCAAW :roll: , then the NHL. Unbelievable - whatta bunch of hard on's.

...but it's ahead of soccer
    www.myspace.com

Phhhhhhew!
  • Ya know, I'm glad the NHL is going to stick with Versus. I think NBCU is going to make it wayyy better. Plus, ESPN is a fucking joke. And I just realized how much ESPN shits on the NHL - if you wanna check out scores at the top of the website, the order of importance of scores go: NBA, NCAAB, NCAAW :roll: , then the NHL. Unbelievable - whatta bunch of hard on's.

ESPN did well when they had ESPN2 in the 90's with Gary Thorne and Bill Clement doing the games

Unless they broadcast a sport its put on the back burner...they drive me nuts with the NBA covreage

NHL highlights are few and far between on there now