The Official Philadelphia Flyers Thread

Comments

• 81 wrote:
    Kind of like the beatdown Pearl Jam put on my wallet yesterday. :lol:

Tickets went on sale?

:lol:

Yep, first show reopening the Spectrum. :? :lol:
    Spectrum 10/27/09; New Orleans JazzFest 5/1/10; Made in America 9/2/12; WF Center 10/21/13; WF Center 10/22/13; Baltimore 10/27/13;
    WF Center 4/28/16; WF Center 4/29/16; Fenway Park 8/7/16; Fenway Park 9/2/18; Asbury Park 9/18/21; Camden 9/14/22;
    Las Vegas 5/16/24; Las Vegas 5/18/24; WF Center 9/7/24; WF Center 9/9/24; Baltimore Arena 9/12/24

Tres Mtns - TLA 3/23/11; EV - Tower Theatre 6/25/11; Temple of the Dog - Tower Theatre 11/5/16
  • 81 wrote:
    Kind of like the beatdown Pearl Jam put on my wallet yesterday. :lol:

Tickets went on sale?

:lol:

Yep, first show reopening the Spectrum. :? :lol:

I opted for the $30 deal

Free shipping from Amazon
    My drinking team has a hockey problem

The ONLY thing better than a glass of beer is tea with Miss McGill

A protuberance of flesh above the waistband of a tight pair of trousers
  • Jearlpam0925Jearlpam0925 Posts: 16,975
    Going to the game on Saturday. Gonna be a shit show.
  • I opted for the $30 deal

Well, there's a sucker born every minute. :arrow: ME
    Spectrum 10/27/09; New Orleans JazzFest 5/1/10; Made in America 9/2/12; WF Center 10/21/13; WF Center 10/22/13; Baltimore 10/27/13;
    WF Center 4/28/16; WF Center 4/29/16; Fenway Park 8/7/16; Fenway Park 9/2/18; Asbury Park 9/18/21; Camden 9/14/22;
    Las Vegas 5/16/24; Las Vegas 5/18/24; WF Center 9/7/24; WF Center 9/9/24; Baltimore Arena 9/12/24

Tres Mtns - TLA 3/23/11; EV - Tower Theatre 6/25/11; Temple of the Dog - Tower Theatre 11/5/16

What did they bang ya for S&H ?

What did they bang ya for S&H ?

$17 :shock: :!:

I was gonna put something about $167 in my signature, but my wife might find out about it then... :shifty: :shh:

I'm sure amazon will have this for about $30 cheaper too, with free shpping. Stupid.

• pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,431
    so mike richards was in attendance at philadelphia's premier college basketball program tonight ;) ....dude wore a yankees cap. :?

what's up with that?

Dude wore it during the Flyers Carnival too - or whatever it is they had. Dude's a complete toolbag. I'm ashamed he wears a PJ shirt. Awesome player, just a douche.

i like him as a player but never have been a fan of his personality. always thought he was a douche as well. this just confirms it., although him and carter's personalities pretty much fit in at douche-ville nova (no offense jaegs).

and let's have another ceremony honoring clarkie. yea i know it's to give him the spectrum banner and all but jeez come on. why don't we raise a banner with all the years he screwed us and lindros by signing shitty goalies. i hope everyone in the front rows tonight where's Lindros jerseys just to piss him off.
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    I'm so sick of the name Lindros.

Should have never made that trade.

Than again, Bobbie could barely go a week without making some half ass trade.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    81 wrote:

yes it must suck to hear the name of the most talented player in franchise history. what could have been if he played in this era of open ice hockey, his head wasn't mush and clarkie didn't hate his parents.
    edited February 2011
    pjhawks wrote:
    81 wrote:

yes it must suck to hear the name of the most talented player in franchise history. what could have been if he played in this era of open ice hockey, his head wasn't mush and clarkie didn't hate his parents.

and what could have been if they kept the players they traded, which, oh btw included a healthy Forsberg
    Post edited by 81 on
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • PureandEasyPureandEasy Posts: 5,799
    81 wrote:
    pjhawks wrote:
    81 wrote:

and what could have been if they kept the players they traded, which, oh btw included a healthy Forsburg

I'm confused 81, you live in Chicago, but seem to know a hell of a lot about Philly sports, are you a transplant?
    I'm confused 81, you live in Chicago, but seem to know a hell of a lot about Philly sports, are you a transplant?

grew up in NW Ohio. When i started following hockey, i ended up on the Flyers bandwagon, mostly due to Hextall. In my town we got almost zero coverage of any team on tv or in the paper. It's weird, and some would call me a fraud.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • pjhawks wrote:
    i like him as a player but never have been a fan of his personality. always thought he was a douche as well. this just confirms it., although him and carter's personalities pretty much fit in at douche-ville nova (no offense jaegs).

and let's have another ceremony honoring clarkie. yea i know it's to give him the spectrum banner and all but jeez come on. why don't we raise a banner with all the years he screwed us and lindros by signing shitty goalies. i hope everyone in the front rows tonight where's Lindros jerseys just to piss him off.

Let's honor him for getting rid of Brad McCrimmon for nothing and crippling the 1987 team. :twisted:

just stumbled across this. :lol:

Flyers Legend Bobby Clarke was dubbed "Trader Bob" during his stint as the Flyers
    General Manager thanks to his penchant for making several trades each season, the majority of which occured right before the trade deadline.

Last night, Clarke, who is currently employed as the Flyers Senior Vice President, proved that nickname still held true when he evidently had a few too many drinks and started calling several different NHL General Manager's on his cell phone, asking if they would be interested in trading any of their players to the Flyers in exchange for his wife.

"My cell phone rang around midnight and Bob's name came up on the caller ID," explained Calgary Flames General Manager, Darryl Sutter. "I hadn't talked Bob for a while so I figured he was calling to catch up. But when I answered, Bob was giggling and slurring his speech and obviously drunk. I asked what he wanted and he said something about having a great trade in mind. When I asked what it was, he said, "Jerome Iginla straight-up for my wife." I laughed and said I had to go. Clarkey seemed to get very agitated and said, "Wait, I'm dead serious, Darryl. Make a deal with me, please, for the love of God!"

Thirteen other NHL General Manager's verified that Clarke called them at least once between midnight and 1:30 AM last night. None of the other GMs answered their phones, but all thirteen confirmed that Clarke left a long, rambling message begging them to make a trade that included
    his wife.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • PureandEasyPureandEasy Posts: 5,799
    81 wrote:

grew up in NW Ohio. When i started following hockey, i ended up on the Flyers bandwagon, mostly due to Hextall. In my town we got almost zero coverage of any team on tv or in the paper. It's weird, and some would call me a fraud.

I wouldn't call you a fraud, I was born in Massachusetts and was raised a Red Sox fan, but when we moved to this area, there was no cable, so if you wanted to watch baseball, you had to watch the local team.

Hence my absolute DEVOTION to my Phillies :lol:
  • 81 wrote:
    just stumbled across this. :lol:

Flyers Legend Bobby Clarke was dubbed "Trader Bob" during his stint as the Flyers
    General Manager thanks to his penchant for making several trades each season, the majority of which occured right before the trade deadline.

Last night, Clarke, who is currently employed as the Flyers Senior Vice President, proved that nickname still held true when he evidently had a few too many drinks and started calling several different NHL General Manager's on his cell phone, asking if they would be interested in trading any of their players to the Flyers in exchange for his wife.

"My cell phone rang around midnight and Bob's name came up on the caller ID," explained Calgary Flames General Manager, Darryl Sutter. "I hadn't talked Bob for a while so I figured he was calling to catch up. But when I answered, Bob was giggling and slurring his speech and obviously drunk. I asked what he wanted and he said something about having a great trade in mind. When I asked what it was, he said, "Jerome Iginla straight-up for my wife." I laughed and said I had to go. Clarkey seemed to get very agitated and said, "Wait, I'm dead serious, Darryl. Make a deal with me, please, for the love of God!"

Thirteen other NHL General Manager's verified that Clarke called them at least once between midnight and 1:30 AM last night. None of the other GMs answered their phones, but all thirteen confirmed that Clarke left a long, rambling message begging them to make a trade that included
    his wife.

Clarkie's a mess :lol:

I would see him occasionally down AC gambling...little fucker he is

• I agree Clarke handled the whole Lindros situation horribly...Lindros was a baby though

Cut the Umbilic Cord already...one of my favorite Flyers of all-time though

I will give Clarke credit he always tried his best to get a winner here...a lot of flops with late season acquistions but he always tried to get this team over the top

i don't mind them giving him another honor

One helluva Captain.....2 cups....

Bob was fine as a player, as a gm, not so much. I couldnt stand him as the gm.

Anyways, predator annoucers are putting me to sleep
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    Cheap call for the preds on the non call.

League owed us a few after that pitt non goal last year
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • All my sites to watch the games online while Im at work have been busted by the feds

:cry:

edited February 2011
    Post edited by 81 on
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Stop rubbing it in

• $17 :shock: :!:

I was gonna put something about $167 in my signature, but my wife might find out about it then... :shifty: :shh:

I'm sure amazon will have this for about $30 cheaper too, with free shpping. Stupid.

WOW...you went for it all !

I couldn't justify it to myself...although I almsot did :lol:

Hopefully the PJ20 show is near by and I'll hit that up instead

What a possesion/goal
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Need to lock Leino up ASAP

neilly must still be in the air. haven't heard any foot steps tonight. :P

on the other side, Pens are only a few points back. :o
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 41,811
    nice solid win. :)
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    4/28/16- Philly, PA
    4/29/16- Philly, PA
    5/1/16- NYC
    5/2/16- NYC
    9/2/18- Boston, MA
    9/4/18- Boston, MA
    9/14/22- Camden, NJ
    9/7/24- Philly, PA
    9/9/24- Philly, PA
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly. PA
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly, PA
    RNDM- 3/9/16- Philly, PA
  • 81 wrote:
    neilly must still be in the air. haven't heard any foot steps tonight. :P

on the other side, Pens are only a few points back. :o

And they're doing it without Crosby and a healthy Malkin

:|

All my sites to watch the games online while Im at work have been busted by the feds

:cry:

yup i used to watch some hoops games on those sites, thank god homeland security is keeping us safe by keeping us from watching games on the internet. just the intended purpose of that organization don't you think?

the sad part about Clarkie's GM time is that at the time there was no salary cap and the Flyers were one of the richest teams. at the time they could have bought studs like the Phils are now doing but Clarkie was such a jealous prick he hated giving guys big deals. loved his muckers and grinders though. in my mind clarkie absolutely cost them at least one cup by being a lousy gm.

Holmgren best deal might have been getting Laviolette. I was about 95% sure the Flyers were winning last night mostly because the guy just doesn't let bad games become losing streaks.
    Lavy nice pick up.

From a player perspective, there have been a bunch of nice deals
    Leino for Tollesfen and a 5th rounder
    Meszaros for a second rounder
    Matt Carle for a bunch of nobodies
    Timonen and Hartnell for a first rounder
    Coburn for Zhitnik

i didn't include Pronger, because they gave up a ton to get him.

on the bad side
    Gagne for Walker and a 4th rounder. But this was obviously done for salary cap reasons so livable.

http://www.flyershistory.com/cgi-bin/trade.cgi

funny article from over the summer saying how bad all the off season moves were. :lol:

http://philly.sbnation.com/2010/7/10/15 ... n-what-are
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg