The Official Philadelphia Flyers Thread

Comments

• 8181 Posts: 58,276
    :D Nice to see the Flyers get their 1,000 home victory. Pretty good win, always good way to go in the all star break. Looking forward to the all star game and competition.

nice win to finish out the 2nd 3rd of the season, but i'd much rather skip the all star stuff and get on with the next 32 or so games.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,548
    how we skating boys?
    www.myspace.com
    how we skating boys?
    :lol:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    81 wrote:
    how we skating boys?
    :lol:
    :thumbup: hockey!
    www.myspace.com
  • Still no shutouts. :x :lol:

Pretty much missed the game because I'm still (!) stuck at work. :twisted:
    Spectrum 10/27/09; New Orleans JazzFest 5/1/10; Made in America 9/2/12; WF Center 10/21/13; WF Center 10/22/13; Baltimore 10/27/13;
    WF Center 4/28/16; WF Center 4/29/16; Fenway Park 8/7/16; Fenway Park 9/2/18; Asbury Park 9/18/21; Camden 9/14/22;
    Las Vegas 5/16/24; Las Vegas 5/18/24; WF Center 9/7/24; WF Center 9/9/24; Baltimore Arena 9/12/24

Tres Mtns - TLA 3/23/11; EV - Tower Theatre 6/25/11; Temple of the Dog - Tower Theatre 11/5/16
    the shut out thing is weird. i forget who said they didn't care about shutouts, and i'm in that camp as well.

might have to take a wager on who gets a shutout first this season. Philly or Toronto. :lol:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    81 wrote:
    the shut out thing is weird. i forget who said they didn't care about shutouts, and i'm in that camp as well.

might have to take a wager on who gets a shutout first this season. Philly or Toronto. :lol:

my money is on winnipeg
    www.myspace.com
  • Phantom PainPhantom Pain Posts: 9,876
    So.....anyone want to buy a piece of History ?

My Ticket stub from the Flyers 1000th win !!!

:D
    My drinking team has a hockey problem

The ONLY thing better than a glass of beer is tea with Miss McGill

A protuberance of flesh above the waistband of a tight pair of trousers
    The Flyers are the first expansion-era team to reach that milestone.

“This achievement is a true testament to the many men who have put on the orange and black and proudly wore the Flyers famous logo for nearly 45 years,” founder and chairman Ed Snider said. “This milestone is representative of Flyers hockey. We want our home to be a very tough place for our opponents to play.”

:thumbup:

The Flyers are the first expansion-era team to reach that milestone.

“This achievement is a true testament to the many men who have put on the orange and black and proudly wore the Flyers famous logo for nearly 45 years,” founder and chairman Ed Snider said. “This milestone is representative of Flyers hockey. We want our home to be a very tough place for our opponents to play.”

:thumbup:

quick run down of victories

301 - Wachovia Center
    696 - Spectrum
    3 - Colisee de Quebec
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • fifefife Posts: 3,327
    Great game last night. I have to admit Carter is really starting to pick it up. Bob played great last night also. pronger is looking great also. showing no signs of his injury at all.
    Flyers now 22-4-2 w/Car Bomb in lineup; 11-8-3 w/out him

:shock:

• fifefife Posts: 3,327
    Flyers now 22-4-2 w/Car Bomb in lineup; 11-8-3 w/out him

:shock:

everyone knows that he is the heart of the team. screw Richards :lol:
  • UpSideDownUpSideDown Posts: 1,966
    p7837974dt.jpg
    i hate these long breaks. nothing to look forward after work. :(

Christmas wasn't bad since we were out of town...but the next week is going to suck.

so in the mean time, what would you give up for jerome
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • The FixerThe Fixer Posts: 12,837

Still in traffic BTW

That's what mcfaddens is for...or one of the bars in the WF Center
  • Jearlpam0925Jearlpam0925 Posts: 16,975
    The Fixer wrote:

Still in traffic BTW

Or park in FDR. Out like trout.
    or take the orange line, catch a flyers game than head over to the spectrum for PJ show.

ahhh, those were the days. :lol:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    The Fixer wrote:

Still in traffic BTW

Yeah, I just started parking there recently. There or the Nova Care lot.

Pretty sure PP lives in jersey...the two lots I mentioned aren't ideal for getting to the bridges. Hanging after the game and having a beer or two is the best bet
    The Fixer wrote:

Still in traffic BTW

I usually do hang out afterwards but the guy I was with is whipped and had to leave right away

Surprised he went to begin with

At the All-Star break....Biggest surpirses so far ?

I have to say the Lightning

Never saw them as being this good of a team this year

out side of tampa

New Jersey being dead last in the league

Atlanta and Carolina both fighting for playoff spots.

Washington struggles.

out west

Chicago struggling as much as they have.

San Jose crapping down thier leg

and last by not least, Dallas.

if i had to pick a biggest, i'd go with tampa or NJ
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    81 wrote:

out side of tampa

New Jersey being dead last in the league

Atlanta and Carolina both fighting for playoff spots.

Washington struggles.

out west

Chicago struggling as much as they have.

San Jose crapping down thier leg

and last by not least, Dallas.

if i had to pick a biggest, i'd go with tampa or NJ

Yeah NJ is a surprise for sure

Never expected to be up by 36 points on them in January :o

matt walker, peace out. thanks for your 2 game contribution.
  • All-Star break really sucks this year. I hope the guys come back and stay hot.

So, can someone answer this question? In 1986-87, there were 80 NHL games and 4 rounds of best-of-7 playoffs. The Flyers played at Edmonton in Game 7 of the Stanley Cup Final on May 31.

Now, there are 82 games, and the same 4 rounds of best-of-7 playoffs. Yet Game 1 of the Finals doesn't even get played until at least Memorial Day. WTF takes so long?
    Spectrum 10/27/09; New Orleans JazzFest 5/1/10; Made in America 9/2/12; WF Center 10/21/13; WF Center 10/22/13; Baltimore 10/27/13;
    WF Center 4/28/16; WF Center 4/29/16; Fenway Park 8/7/16; Fenway Park 9/2/18; Asbury Park 9/18/21; Camden 9/14/22;
    Las Vegas 5/16/24; Las Vegas 5/18/24; WF Center 9/7/24; WF Center 9/9/24; Baltimore Arena 9/12/24

Tres Mtns - TLA 3/23/11; EV - Tower Theatre 6/25/11; Temple of the Dog - Tower Theatre 11/5/16
    All-Star break really sucks this year. I hope the guys come back and stay hot.

So, can someone answer this question? In 1986-87, there were 80 NHL games and 4 rounds of best-of-7 playoffs. The Flyers played at Edmonton in Game 7 of the Stanley Cup Final on May 31.

Now, there are 82 games, and the same 4 rounds of best-of-7 playoffs. Yet Game 1 of the Finals doesn't even get played until at least Memorial Day. WTF takes so long?

That's pretty crazy. Hockey definitely shouldn't be played into June.

I'd guess it's because more games are nationally televised...but I really have no clue
    The Fixer wrote:
    matt walker, peace out. thanks for your 4 game contribution.

let me put a little fixer on that :mrgreen:

we hardly knew ya. sort of funny that one guy was talking about trading him for madden on philly.com
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    81 wrote:
    The Fixer wrote:
    matt walker, peace out. thanks for your 4 game contribution.

let me put a little fixer on that :mrgreen:

we hardly knew ya. sort of funny that one guy was talking about trading him for madden on philly.com

thanks...check this shit out. I think holmgren has a hard on for iginla. oh shizzle

PHILADELPHIA, PA -- It's just over a month until NHL's trade deadline day, and all signs point to the Philadelphia Flyers being buyers, once again.
    The Flyers were one of the teams' hot on the trail of New Jersey Devils forward Jamie Langenbrunner. Yes, those same Flyers that I wrote a couple days prior were strapped for spending money by the salary cap.

What gives?

Since the news, Philadelphia put themselves under the salary cap ceiling of $59.4-million after demoting Michael Leighton ($1.55-million/$8,333 daily) to the AHL. Also, with forward Ian Laperriere on long term injury reserve, the team still has an option of LTIR allowance money to spend.
    As it currently stands, with the roster as is, the Flyers have $394,063 in actual salary cap and could acquire a max cap-hit of $1,959,406, with the LTIR factored into the total – if they max out their long term injury reserve allowance: $821,686 and a highest max cap-hit.

If the Flyers choose to demote defensemen Matt Walker ($1.7-million/$9,140 daily and/or Oskars Bartulis ($600k/$3,226 daily) the Flyers could put themselves in position to take on even more salary at the trade deadline.

If the Flyers feel a move is in order, they have the pieces to clear to make the salary cap work – while keeping a healthy 20-man roster together. Obviously, if the Flyers feel the need to make a deal that involves a roster player from their current roster, they could afford to take on more money.

So what does this all mean?

Do the Flyers think an upgrade is needed between the pipes? They could. The Flyers were rumored to be in on Evgeny Nabokov, Marty Turco and Tim Thomas this summer, so they may feel like there is still a need – but for what's out there around deadline, no deal for a goaltender makes a lot of sense right now – a forward makes more.

The effort to land Langenbrunner tells me one thing. General Manager Paul Holmgren wants to upgrade his team.

Let the games begin.
    All-Star break really sucks this year. I hope the guys come back and stay hot.

i would guess more off days during the reg season.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Jearlpam0925Jearlpam0925 Posts: 16,975
    Doubleheaders.