The Official Philadelphia Flyers Thread

Comments

• Let's not get too far ahead of ourselves it's fuckin January :roll:

Plenty of great January teams lose in April. That said, this team is really impressive. Even that Devils game - they played like shit and almost tied it shorthanded.

It was striking how different today's game was from the Finals games. In June, the Blackhawks were clearly the superior team, even if the Flyers managed to play them pretty tough. Today was completely opposite. Those guys didn't belong on the same ice with the Flyers. 8-)
    Spectrum 10/27/09; New Orleans JazzFest 5/1/10; Made in America 9/2/12; WF Center 10/21/13; WF Center 10/22/13; Baltimore 10/27/13;
    WF Center 4/28/16; WF Center 4/29/16; Fenway Park 8/7/16; Fenway Park 9/2/18; Asbury Park 9/18/21; Camden 9/14/22;
    Las Vegas 5/16/24; Las Vegas 5/18/24; WF Center 9/7/24; WF Center 9/9/24; Baltimore Arena 9/12/24

Tres Mtns - TLA 3/23/11; EV - Tower Theatre 6/25/11; Temple of the Dog - Tower Theatre 11/5/16
  • The FixerThe Fixer Posts: 12,837
    Let's not get too far ahead of ourselves it's fuckin January :roll:

Plenty of great January teams lose in April. That said, this team is really impressive. Even that Devils game - they played like shit and almost tied it shorthanded.

It was striking how different today's game was from the Finals games. In June, the Blackhawks were clearly the superior team, even if the Flyers managed to play them pretty tough. Today was completely opposite. Those guys didn't belong on the same ice with the Flyers. 8-)

Well put. And most importantly leighton isn't in the equation this year.
  • Phantom PainPhantom Pain Posts: 9,876
    The Fixer wrote:
    Let's not get too far ahead of ourselves it's fuckin January :roll:

Well put. And most importantly leighton isn't in the equation this year.
    Let's be honest this isn't the same Hawks team we faced in the Finals

They lost a lot of depth in the off season due to the salary cap
    My drinking team has a hockey problem

The ONLY thing better than a glass of beer is tea with Miss McGill

A protuberance of flesh above the waistband of a tight pair of trousers
  • fifefife Posts: 3,327
    [

Well put. And most importantly leighton isn't in the equation this year.[/quote]
    Let's be honest this isn't the same Hawks team we faced in the Finals

They lost a lot of depth in the off season due to the salary cap[/quote]

and also due to some really bad mistakes about offer being late. but anyways, great game by the flyers. it just goes to show how deep they are that they can score 4 goals and Richards and Biere didn't get a point. Bob also looked great in the 1st period. could have been a different game if the blackhawks scored in the first period.
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    Today was completely opposite. Those guys didn't belong on the same ice with the Flyers. 8-)

you must have missed the 1st period. Chicago was dominating the puck. Biggest thing i saw was no juicy rebounds by Bob.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • 81 wrote:
    Today was completely opposite. Those guys didn't belong on the same ice with the Flyers. 8-)

you must have missed the 1st period. Chicago was dominating the puck. Biggest thing i saw was no juicy rebounds by Bob.

Sure, but the Flyers' depth took over in the 2nd and they dominated from then on. Bob was really good too.
    Spectrum 10/27/09; New Orleans JazzFest 5/1/10; Made in America 9/2/12; WF Center 10/21/13; WF Center 10/22/13; Baltimore 10/27/13;
    WF Center 4/28/16; WF Center 4/29/16; Fenway Park 8/7/16; Fenway Park 9/2/18; Asbury Park 9/18/21; Camden 9/14/22;
    Las Vegas 5/16/24; Las Vegas 5/18/24; WF Center 9/7/24; WF Center 9/9/24; Baltimore Arena 9/12/24

Tres Mtns - TLA 3/23/11; EV - Tower Theatre 6/25/11; Temple of the Dog - Tower Theatre 11/5/16
    i agree Bob played well, but chicago didn't exactly play bad.....besides the fight with danny boy. :lol: Philly did a real good job of not giving up juicy rebounds and bob did an really nice job on a couple of the side to side plays. Chicago has been playing better over the last month.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    81 wrote:
    i agree Bob played well, but chicago didn't exactly play bad.....besides the fight with danny boy. :lol: Philly did a real good job of not giving up juicy rebounds and bob did an really nice job on a couple of the side to side plays. Chicago has been playing better over the last month.

How about that odd game plan of just sitting back in the neutral zone ?

I haven't seen them do that at all this year that I remember

The PP needs major work :x

The defensive zone turnovers need to stop...they've been sloppy in their onw end lately

• 81 wrote:

The defensive zone turnovers need to stop...they've been sloppy in their onw end lately

Right - they played like the 1995 Devils. Good road game plan. They really put the crowd to sleep. Reminded me of Game 4 at Montreal.

The analyst said the Flyers just HAD to improve the PP. Even though they are 1st overall. :roll: Yes, it would be nice if the PP clicked, but they just need to break even on special teams the way they've played all year 5-on-5.

The analyst said the Flyers just HAD to improve the PP. Even though they are 1st overall. :roll: Yes, it would be nice if the PP clicked, but they just need to break even on special teams the way they've played all year 5-on-5.

they said the Flyers need to work on teh PP, but that the hawks didn't need any tips since they were number 1. ;)
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    81 wrote:

Right - they played like the 1995 Devils. Good road game plan. They really put the crowd to sleep. Reminded me of Game 4 at Montreal.

Yeah...that is true...real nice way to calm the building down

Lord knows the Flyers couldn't figure out that damn Devils trap for years :lol:

We're first overall in what ? I think the PP is 19th...The Hawks I think were first in PP

that was different. the oh five or the national anthem D, where all your players are back at the blue line, like during the natinal anthem.

it's an interesting concept. force an opponent that likes to carry it in to dump and chase. i'd prefer them to be a little more aggressive, but if they come away with 4-1 wins playing that style, i'm all for it
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    its crazy how bad the PP is with the talent they have and how well they did last year while on the PP (3rd in the league). seems like the PP is a fickle beast tho.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Yeah...that is true...real nice way to calm the building down

Lord knows the Flyers couldn't figure out that damn Devils trap for years :lol:

We're first overall in what ? I think the PP is 19th...The Hawks I think were first in PP

It was a classic road game strategy. We could've used that in Game 1 last year. :roll:

First overall in the standings, the only place that matters. Plenty of bad teams have good power plays. I think it's just one of those things.

81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    I'm heading down tonight !

Sec 205 row 6...stop by for a brew

I'm heading down tonight !

Sec 205 row 6...stop by for a brew

nice. bring home a W

Just saw that JVR is out tonight
    This team is ridiculous. Just save everyone the trouble and give them the cup now
    Woof

Fun 1st period. Rare big hit by 93.

Somy chippyness.

I like it.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    The Fixer wrote:
    This team is ridiculous. Just save everyone the trouble and give them the cup now

We can dream, but half the fun is the journey. Barring multiple injuries, this team is built like a cup team should be built
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    81 wrote:
    Woof

Fun 1st period. Rare big hit by 93.

Somy chippyness.

I like it.

yeah, regardless of the score, this is a game I will not be turning off.

I could read carcillo's lips when he was going to the box...he said to gomez, 'you're fucking dead'. haha, love it
    why are they making the habs play with 3 guys and letting the flyers play with 8?

this just isn't fair
    Wow. What a shift.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    Somebody call phantom and tell him to start the ole chant
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    I want to see someone use subban's lips as a speed bag
  • Jearlpam0925Jearlpam0925 Posts: 16,975
    These guys are the Harlem Globetrotters of hockey.
    2nd intermission talking about the toronto fight

What's he suppose to do?

Punch him in the head.
    :lol:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 41,811
    :D Nice to see the Flyers get their 1,000 home victory. Pretty good win, always good way to go in the all star break. Looking forward to the all star game and competition.
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    4/28/16- Philly, PA
    4/29/16- Philly, PA
    5/1/16- NYC