Options

O.K. how many people here are pregnant?

Comments

• Options
    My dd also had a bad rash and was generally fussy for a few weeks after the MMR shot. The DTP is the other shot with sometimes nasty side effects like fever and diarrhea, but the symptoms are always mild. The only times she was ever sick was after getting the DTP.

My sister-in-law has cerebral palsy and severe mental retardation. I never knew the cause, I always assumed it was present at birth. However, when Audrey was a newborn they laid it on me that they believed their dd's first DTP shot caused her handicap, and they wanted me to try to hold off on getting it as long as possible. They say that she was fine until she got the first dose at 2 mos. then she screamed and cried inconsolably for at least 3 hours straight. She received a second dose a few months later even tough they aren't supposed to give it again after a severe reaction. But the thing is, nobody ever confirmed this as the cause of her CP, it's simply what the parents think happened. It may be true, since they were using different ingredients in the vaccine during the early 80's. But how do we know whether the vaccine caused CP or the CP was already present and the shot just aggravated a preexisting condition. After all, cerebral palsy isn't always apparent in newborns until they reach a stage where the motor skills start to develop (around the time they receive 1st round of shots)

I think vaccines get a lot of bad press because people tend to blame all sorts of developmental problems on them. So, naturally parents are scared of them. I don't think any of the claims of autism or worse have been substantiated. Of course I could be wrong. It's kinda mean to publicize possible links to autism and then still recommend/require all babies to get them. Like there's not enough shit in the world to worry about.

I don't regret getting dd immunized since there are still diseases out there we think have been eradicated, but still persist today. For example, I recently saw a reality tv show where a woman got a tattoo dedicated to her 2 yo son who died of whooping cough(pertussis,part of dtp) and I had to wonder if he was immunized. It's probably very rare, but it the disease is still around today. It's a tough call to make.
    "This calls for a very special blend of psychology and extreme violence" - The Young Ones
  • Options
    genevievegenevieve Posts: 1,203
    Hope everyone is well.
    lady are you doing ok?
    Any babies yet?

So listen to this.
    Ive always wanted to adopt.
    Well a really good friend of mine is in a perdicament.
    She in Med school and got preggo by accident.
    She says shes most likely to abort the baby cause she cant afford to stop school.
    I just cant bear the thought of seeing her do this.
    I do support her decision to abort if she does. Its her body.
    So I offered to adopt if she chooses to keep it.
    Am I nuts?
    Im happy with just Adria and had wanted to not think about more kids till she was in school. But maybe this is whats meant to be?
    I guess we will see....
    the person below me smells like cat pee and raisins...
  • Options
    pacifierpacifier Posts: 1,009
    genevieve wrote:
    Hope everyone is well.
    lady are you doing ok?
    Any babies yet?

So listen to this.
    She says shes most likely to abort the baby cause she cant afford to stop school.
    Am I nuts?
    Im happy with just Adria and had wanted to not think about more kids till she was in school. But maybe this is whats meant to be?
    I guess we will see....

That sounds like something I would do if I was in the same situation. Actually I told my best friend once that if she were ever in that situation to keep the baby and I would adopt it, however (not that she has ever been in that situation and is very unlikely to be in it in the future) she said she didn't know if she would be able to deal with watching me raise her baby. I think maybe if you want to adopt or have your baby adopted it is probably better to do it in an anonomous situation. I think watching someone else raise your baby would be awkward and very hard on the emotions, particularly when the circumstances have changed and the birth mother then feels that they are able to raise their own child. What do you do then? return the child?

I would think about this long and hard before letting yourself love this child as your own. It could be very hard on all 3 parties in the future. But if you talk it through thoroughly with the mother (and preferably the father) and your husband then maybe it could work out. For example, perhaps it can be raised similar to a child with divorced parents. You and your husband could be the main carers, with perhaps your friend seeing the baby one weekend every fornight or something to that effect. However you do this I dare say that the mother will want sole custody at some stage.
  • Options
    PJaddictedPJaddicted Posts: 1,432
    genevieve wrote:
    Hope everyone is well.
    lady are you doing ok?
    Any babies yet?

So listen to this.
    Am I nuts?
    I guess we will see....

Wow....that is an amazing twist of fate! Do you think your friend would be able to see the baby for the rest of it's life and have you raise it? I guess if this is meant to be....it will happen! My boys are all close in age 21 months to 34 months apart...and it was hard but a complete blast! Good luck!

oxc
    ~*LIVE~LOVE~LAUGH*~

*May the Peace of the Wilderness be with YOU*

He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion.
    — Unknown
  • Options
    Well Im thinking she will abort.
    But I gave her the option.
    She lives 15hrs away so she wouldnt see us every week.
    That might make things easier.
    I think it would be ok if she was always known to the kid as thier mom.
    But hey we will see.
    She is also not the type to want custody after giving up a baby.
    Her mother is also adopted so she feels it migth be something she could consider.
    But being in Med school is stressful enough without being preggo so I wont count my chickens until they are hatched.
  • Options
    CornishManCornishMan Cornwall, UK Posts: 444
    Hey there, I posted on this thread a couple of months ago. I am due to become a father for the first time on September 26!! I will post again when our daughter (assuming the midwife got it right) is born! It's all very exciting!
    London #1 2000, Reading 2006, London 2007, London 2009, London 2010, Manchester #1 2012, Manchester #2 2012, Manchester 2012 (EV), Milton Keynes 2014, London #2 2017 (EV), London #1 2018, London #2 2018, London #1 2022, London #2 2022.
  • Options
    ladygooddivaladygooddiva Posts: 4,169
    huhu just 18 days and than hopefully i´ve my little one inside me in my arms ....or maybe earlier;)
    hope everybody is fine over here..........
  • Options
    CornishManCornishMan Cornwall, UK Posts: 444
    huhu just 18 days and than hopefully i´ve my little one inside me in my arms ....or maybe earlier;)
    hope everybody is fine over here..........

Good luck! :)
    London #1 2000, Reading 2006, London 2007, London 2009, London 2010, Manchester #1 2012, Manchester #2 2012, Manchester 2012 (EV), Milton Keynes 2014, London #2 2017 (EV), London #1 2018, London #2 2018, London #1 2022, London #2 2022.
  • Options
    MeddleDealMeddleDeal Posts: 2,547
    WOW Gen! That is great that you offered your friend to adopt her baby. Let us know how that goes. btw, Adria is a very beautiful girl and I can't believe how big she has gotten. So that is how a one year old looks like! :D I can't wait for Chloe to turn 1...only 6 more months.

i'm doing good here in the West Coast. we moved in to our new apt. last weekend, I didn't have internet for about 4 days, but I survived haha. Chloe said her first word on Thurs. I was so tired that I didn't want to wake up, I had my back facing her, and she was already wide awake at 7 in the morning, then she mumbled her baby talk then said "MAMA." my bf and I looked at each other and we asked ourselves, did she really said that? and yep she did. Of course, i have been trying to get her to say MAMA or DADA but nothing yet.

i'm glad that everyone is doing fine w/their little ones and that everyone's pregnancies are going well.
    ø~ø~ø~ø~ø~ø~ø~ø~ø~ø~ø~ø~ø~
    ~*STONEY PONY all the WAY!*~
    ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~~*~*~
    "For the world, not for the war"-Neil Finn
  • Options
    Speaking of words...
    Adria picks up the phone and says "hi".
    She doesnt quite know whats its all about but repeats the sound.
    Its sooo cute.
    And then starts pressing buttons and talk and I have to take it away from her but thats besides the point. :D

My friend is scheduled for a D and C. (abortion)
    On friday afternoon.
    I wish her well.
    Im sad but its her uterus.
  • Options
    genevieve wrote:
    Speaking of words...
    Adria picks up the phone and says "hi".
    She doesnt quite know whats its all about but repeats the sound.
    Its sooo cute.
    And then starts pressing buttons and talk and I have to take it away from her but thats besides the point. :D

My friend is scheduled for a D and C. (abortion)
    On friday afternoon.
    I wish her well.
    Im sad but its her uterus.

cute that adria pick up the phone ..hey let her talk a bit and than get the phone;)

I´m a bit sorry for your friend
    but as you said it´s her choice etc.
    her body ,her choice
    i hope for her
    all work out well...

by the way maybe my baby comes earlier ...
  • Options
    cute that adria pick up the phone ..hey let her talk a bit and than get the phone;)

I´m a bit sorry for your friend
    but as you said it´s her choice etc.
    her body ,her choice
    i hope for her
    all work out well...

by the way maybe my baby comes earlier ...

ooo, keep us posted on your little one. :D I am SO excited about hearing little things like that. I swear ladygooddiva, having a child is a beautiful experience :)

oh and a tid bit I learned, I know PBM came on here a few months ago about getting free samples and coupons for formula, I actually called them and asked them if they gave away samples but they didn't (which I later found out it was the liquid formula and not powdered). I called and asked them if they can send me coupons and they did. it's hard when you have hardly any money (since we moved and our roommates stiffing us) to buy powdered formula b/c they cost $14.99 for Similac Isomil Advance that Chloe needs. I remember at her doctor's office, the receptionist gave us samples the first day we went to see the doctor. She told me if I ever needed anymore to let her know. So this week, after having very little money, I took her up on the offer and asked if there was any way I could get some powdered samples and she said "of course" i went there and she gave me 3 powdered samples along with one liquid formula.

I felt so relieved b/c I didn't know what else to do. Chloe doesn't drink too much formula when I'm at home, but when i work, my boyfriend feeds it to her a lot since I can't pump as much out (only if they are overfilled).

oops. there i go again with my rambles. :/
    ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~~*~*~
  • Options
    hi there i´m a bit sad ..this monday my doc will deside if they will induce the birth or maybe do a cesarean ....well first she will look and tell me but after i go to the clinik and talk with the doctors there
  • Options
    pjhunz28pjhunz28 Posts: 206
    hi there i´m a bit sad ..this monday my doc will deside if they will induce the birth or maybe do a cesarean ....well first she will look and tell me but after i go to the clinik and talk with the doctors there

aww hang in there hun!! keep us updated and good luck!
    i must admit...i'm jealous...i still got 4 months to go till i meet my little Cameron :)
    9/26/96, 9/15/98, 8/29/00, 7/2/03, 9/28/04, 5/24/06, 5/25/06, 7/23/06, 6/27/08, 6/28/08, 6/30/08
    EV
    Boston 1
  • Options
    Yellow BedwetterYellow Bedwetter NYC Posts: 2,832
    what a great name for either sex, i think change of spelling is needed tho
    Boy - Cameron
    Girl - Cameran
    2005: Borgata 2, Philly
    2006: Camden 1&2, East Ruth 1&2
    2008: BONNAROO, MSG1, MSG2, Hartford
    2009: Philly 1, 2, 4
    2010: Hartford, MSG1, MSG2
    2012: Made in America
    2013: BK1, BK2, Hartford
    2015: Global Citizens
    2016: MSG 2 (ISO MSG1)
    EV Solo: NJPAC 2008; Tower Theatre, PA 2009; Hartford 2011
  • Options
    yeah if he was a girl it'd be Camryn ;)
    i sitll cant believe my husband went for the middle name i wanted
    9/26/96, 9/15/98, 8/29/00, 7/2/03, 9/28/04, 5/24/06, 5/25/06, 7/23/06, 6/27/08, 6/28/08, 6/30/08
    EV
    Boston 1
  • Options
    pjhunz28 wrote:
    aww hang in there hun!! keep us updated and good luck!
    i must admit...i'm jealous...i still got 4 months to go till i meet my little Cameron :)

sure i try ;) thank you ....i will let you all know on monday ...okey?...:)

well you lucky one know what your baby is ..i´ve still no clue,if it´s a boy or girl;)
    enjoy your pregnancy ...4 months will fly away ..belive me;)
  • Options
    well you will know soon enough. ;) surprises are nice. i just have no patience lol
    yeah im hoping it flys by. the 1st half has so that helps.
    EV
    Boston 1
  • Options

good luck with your baby. Let us know on Monday on what they tell you. Inducing was a very interesting experience for me, but all of the discomfort and slight pains were all worth it. :)
    ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~~*~*~
  • Options
    jocelynjocelyn Posts: 67
    ..is the hardest part. I have about 2 weeks left until the due date and I'm going crazy trying to figure out if I'm in pre-labor, has the baby dropped, etc.

We had a bit of a false alarm last Thursday and ended up in L&D. It ended up being nothing, but I've already started the dilation/effacement process. Too bad I've read that some women are at 1.5 and 75% for weeks before they deliver. Ugh.

Ladies who have already had their babies did you have them late, on time, early?
    "I can only be as good as you'll let me."
  • Options
    bryn_cmbsbryn_cmbs Posts: 407
    My wife and I are expecting our 1st child February 6th. Yesterday was the first ultra-sound and we got hear the heart beat for the 1st time. Awesome. Here are some names we like:

Boy: Kennedy Jagger or Quentin Jagger
    Girl: Natalie Graceland

Thoughts?
  • Options
    jocelyn wrote:
    ..is the hardest part. I have about 2 weeks left until the due date and I'm going crazy trying to figure out if I'm in pre-labor, has the baby dropped, etc.

We had a bit of a false alarm last Thursday and ended up in L&D. It ended up being nothing, but I've already started the dilation/effacement process. Too bad I've read that some women are at 1.5 and 75% for weeks before they deliver. Ugh.

Ladies who have already had their babies did you have them late, on time, early?

That is the SAME question I asked when I around your stage. :p

Jocelyn, I was worried like you about little Chloe if she was already making her way into the world or not. I swear, I had very strong contractions and then it went away. My midwife told me if they continued @ 5 mins. interivals for an hour, that is when I had to call her, but that didn't happen at all for me. My due date was Jan. 4th. It came and went. I went to my midwife and my cervix didn't dilate as much, less than 1 cm!! could you believe that?! I had to get tested, I forgot what it was called, where they make sure that the baby is okay. they look to see if the baby is healthy through sonogram and also check yours and your baby's heart rate and contractions. I went to the hospital for that twice, and then my midwife told me that it was already going to be two weeks after the due date, so they had to induce me. Ouch!

sorry to scare you with my story. I know you are just as anxious of meeting your little one. We all been there and keep us posted :)
    ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~~*~*~
  • Options
    bryn_cmbs wrote:
    My wife and I are expecting our 1st child February 6th. Yesterday was the first ultra-sound and we got hear the heart beat for the 1st time. Awesome. Here are some names we like:

Thoughts?

awww that is TOO cute!! Congrats!! :D

I love the name Kennedy Jagger and Natalie Graceland is a beautiful name for a girl. :)
    ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~~*~*~
  • Options
    Adria was 9 days early.

Oh I cant wait for her teeth to be all done coming through.
    She doesnt get crabby but instead wakes in the night and Im soooo done with this.
    Tired and shes so busy during the day theres not much time to put your feet up.
    But shes getting big so fast that I cant dwell too long or shes gonna be 12years old.
    We spent a week at a ranch this last week and Adria is infatuated with horses.
    She loves to neigh and pthhhh at me when I ask her wath a horse says.
    Shes still a little shy of touching them but loves to point and make the sounds. I think they are just a bit overwhelming for her with thier size. Even for an animal lover like her.

Keep us posted lady.
    Im thinking of you.
  • Options
    bryn_cmbs wrote:

Thoughts?

congrats! i love the names!!
    EV
    Boston 1
  • Options
    i had both my kids 2 weeks early. i'm hoping this one is the same ;)
    EV
    Boston 1
  • Options
    J....4 days late
    D...3 weeks early
    A...2 weeks early
    B...1 week early

Average first baby is around 10 days late. After that it seems like most people go closer to their due dates.

Where's Lady?

oxc
    ~*LIVE~LOVE~LAUGH*~

He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion.
    — Unknown
  • Options
    ringoringo Posts: 504
    Jocelyn gave birth to Molly Lynn early this morning at 1:42 AM. She weighed in at 5 lbs 8 oz and 19 inches. Both mom and baby are doing fine.

I had to come home to take care of our dogs so I figured I would share the news. OK, I've been up for 26 hrs straight now so I'm gonna take a quick nap and head back to the hospital.

We'll share more later.
    d'oh
  • Options
    ringo wrote:
    Jocelyn gave birth to Molly Lynn early this morning at 1:42 AM. She weighed in at 5 lbs 8 oz and 19 inches. Both mom and baby are doing fine.

I had to come home to take care of our dogs so I figured I would share the news. OK, I've been up for 26 hrs straight now so I'm gonna take a quick nap and head back to the hospital.

We'll share more later.

Awwwww Congrats!!!!!

oxc
    ~*LIVE~LOVE~LAUGH*~

— Unknown
  • Options
    Brain of J.LoBrain of J.Lo Posts: 3,259
    ringo wrote:

We'll share more later.

congratulations!!!! we can't wait to see pics! :)