Options

O.K. how many people here are pregnant?

Comments

• Options
    AmentsChickAmentsChick Posts: 6,969
    Sadly, in some cases, Daycare centres are the only option some people have, you gotta do, what you gotta do...

Yup, that's very true.
    This is the greatest band in the world -- Ben Harper

• Options
    genevievegenevieve Posts: 1,203
    hmmmm.
    I had never thought about the no camera policy.
    What is this world coming to! ;)

Adria had her first "Flu"
    this past weekend.
    Man I felt soooo bad for her.
    But heres a tip.
    Pedialyte with Tylenol really helped.
    I bought the pedialyte with no flavor and its clear. So almost like water.
    What a life saver. Really helped her feel better and bring down her fever.
    I chose not to get her the flu shot. And Im still ok with that decision.

worst thing was we went home to Winnipeg to surprise my best friend and my mom.
    Got a cheap flight through Airmiles.
    So I had to travel alone on a plane with her.
    Good times! :D;)
    the person below me smells like cat pee and raisins...
  • Options
    PissBottleManPissBottleMan Union City, TN Posts: 4,154
    While we're not high on taking Xavier to daycare but, sadly, it's really our only option.

My parents are in Michigan and her parents are an hour away (and her mom still works).

On the positive side, this is a daycare facility run by the local hospital. It comes highly recommended (several anchors at our tv station take their kids there) and you can literally see the facility from the parking lot of where we work. We are two minutes away.

MeddleDeal, they asked us about the Hep B shot while we were still in the hospital...I believe it was 2 days after he was born.

AmentsChick, I know where you're coming from...personal attention is key. At this point though, it's not financially feasible for either one of us to stay home...much to PBW's chagrin.

PBM
    "We paced ourselves and we didn't rush through it and we tried to be as creative as our collective minds would let us be over some course of time instead of just trying to rush through a record"

Wishlist Foundation: http://wishlistfoundation.org
  • Options
    While we're not high on taking Xavier to daycare but, sadly, it's really our only option.

My parents are in Michigan and her parents are an hour away (and her mom still works).

On the positive side, this is a daycare facility run by the local hospital. It comes highly recommended (several anchors at our tv station take their kids there) and you can literally see the facility from the parking lot of where we work. We are two minutes away.

AmentsChick, I know where you're coming from...personal attention is key. At this point though, it's not financially feasible for either one of us to stay home...much to PBW's chagrin.

PBM

That's actually really cool that it is run by the hospital. That should definitely put your mind at ease!

I guess my point was also this, being a nanny and primary care-giver, I experience all the milestones (and not so important daily activities) that mom & dad are missing out on. I'm known Mia since she was 3 months old...now she's almost walking.

My mom confessed to me this past Christmas Day that her biggest regret was not being home with us. I cried and so did she.

My greatest hope is that when it is time for me to have kids, the man I marry will be ok with me wanting to stay home.

• Options
    My mom confessed to me this past Christmas Day that her biggest regret was not being home with us. I cried and so did she.

My greatest hope is that when it is time for me to have kids, the man I marry will be ok with me wanting to stay home.

It's not easy for either of us...and it's not by choice. I would like nothing more than for one of us to stay home but, with us (and I assume many families) it's not financially possible.

However, family is first for me, so when I'm not obligated to be at work...I'm right by Xavier's side and can't wait to experience life with him.

PBM
    "We paced ourselves and we didn't rush through it and we tried to be as creative as our collective minds would let us be over some course of time instead of just trying to rush through a record"

• Options
    Im curious about this Hep B shot.

Ive never had that offered to me either in the hospital, or afterwards. It wasnt until grade 7 before I got mine. They were offered in a series of 3 shots but I had a really bad reaction to the first one and wasnt able to get the other two.

I was told that Joey wouldnt need immunization until he was 2 months, then 4 months, 6months, 12months, 18 months and then again at 4-6 years old.

Maybe its just difference in country? Gen, did you have the Hep shot offered to you?
    www.myspace.com/quietrhythm
    www.quietrhythm.livejournal.com
  • Options
    MeddleDealMeddleDeal Posts: 2,547
    my boyfriend was a little mad that they didn't ask us about the hep. b shot. At least, I thought they would ask us. :/ Only my mom and I were there at the doctor's office and my mom was in shocked when they told us that Chloe would be needing a shot.
    ø~ø~ø~ø~ø~ø~ø~ø~ø~ø~ø~ø~ø~
    ~*STONEY PONY all the WAY!*~
    ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~~*~*~
    "For the world, not for the war"-Neil Finn
  • Options
    MeddleDeal wrote:
    my boyfriend was a little mad that they didn't ask us about the hep. b shot. At least, I thought they would ask us. :/ Only my mom and I were there at the doctor's office and my mom was in shocked when they told us that Chloe would be needing a shot.

They did ask us...the nurses came in and asked if we wanted them to do give him the shot in the hospital or wait and talk it over with our doctor at our first follow-up visit.

PBM

• Options
    I had to go look in my immunization book.

There appears to be a place for them to mark off getting it.
    3 slots marked 1, 2,3.
    But she has not had it.
    I know my friend in Bermuda had it given to her baby.
    It must just have to do with location.
    Just like she has to do Fluoride drops.
    And I have to give Vitamin D drops.
    Different strokes for different folks.

But on a similar thread I heard something about Fluoride being really bad.
    Some people talking about wanting it gone from some areas water supplies.
    And some people wanting it gone from toothpaste even.
    i will look for the article and post it.
  • Options
    http://www.wholywater.com/fluoride.html

hmm this seems to be the best I can do.
    all the papers want me to subscribe to the online versions in order to find the article.
  • Options
    MeddleDeal wrote:
    ladygodiva, formula is a supplement for breast milk that has nurients to help the baby grow. I am still breastfeeding Chloe, but she lost some weight b/t the time she left the hospital to her first nurse's appointment. I went to her pediterian, and he told me to give her formula to help her gain weight, but also give her breast milk. well, after a week and a half of being on the formula/breast milk diet, Chloe is now 7 lbs and 7 1/2 oz. it makes me SO happy that she is gaining weight. :D

yesterday, we went to her pediterian, for what I thought was a regular check-up, but when I got there, they told me she was getting her first shot: Hepitis B. I was in total shock when they told me this.I didn't have any warning about it. :/ My boyfriend and I were talking about shots and wondering if our daughter should get them or not b/c I know that these vaccations have the disease in it. it was so hard seeing her getting her shot. she cried for a while. Poor thing:( it hurt and broke my heart seeing her like that.

i don´t know about that but here you just give breast milk ...only if you can´t or something is missing than i think...ok than it´s alright:)
    i would be the same on that
    i´ve read how you are sharing the care taking for cloe that´s nice and great :)
  • Options
    genevieve wrote:
    Pack a disposable camera in his bag so that they can catch anything that you might miss out on.

I thought for sure that the mention of this notion would bring PBW to tears, but when she visited the daycare facility they made the disposable camera suggestion. She actually handled that suggestion well.

Thumbs up to you Gen for your foresight.

PBW said the facility is very secure (I have to scan my handprint and enter a special code in order to pick Xavier up). He is the youngest one there :(, but PBW said all the babies looked very happy and it seems to be a great place.

She's still not excited about taking him there and going back to work, but I think after visiting for an hour, many of her worries were set at ease.

PBM

• Options
    I thought for sure that the mention of this notion would bring PBW to tears, but when she visited the daycare facility they made the disposable camera suggestion. She actually handgled that suggestion well.

Thumbs up to you Gen for your foresight.

PBW said the facility is very secure (I have to scan my handprint and enter a special code in order to pick Xavier up). He is the youngest one there :(, but PBW said all the babies looked very happy and it seems to be a great place.

She's still not excited about taking him there and going back to work, but I think after visiting for an hour, many of her worries were set at ease.

PBM

I'm so glad to hear she's feeling better about things!! That's awesome news about the camera!! :) YAY!!!

Also, I'm actually really impressed with the security measures you mentioned the daycare has. I've never heard of anything like that...sounds like a very sound place.

• Options
    MeddleDeal wrote:
    when I go back to work, my boyfriend and i are going to take care of Chloe. he is going to take care of her while I am at work, and i am going to take care of her while he is at work. the beauty part is that he works less than a block from where we live :)

we both feel that it is in the best interest of our daughter. Even if I have to cut my work hours to be with her more. :) Plus, I don't think my boss would understand that I would have to use the breast pump every 2-3 hours so my milk supply won't dry out. Heck, he didn't even understand me when I was pregnant. Coming into work for one day as soon as I leave for maternity leave?! I mean, come on! :rolleyes:

Bosses can be real jerks sometimes. When I was pregnant, I worked at a place where we had to wear khakis and polo shirts. My boss gave me a hard time about not tucking my shirt in while I was wearing maternity pants! I tried to explain that it looks ridiculous because there's a huge elastic band at the top and visibly pregnant women don't tuck in their shirts. He was like, "So what?" I refused and he didn't bother me again for awhile, until he consulted his boss and they made me wear an apron that made me look stupid and my coworkers laugh. Jeez, can I have a bit of dignity? This is a temporary situation anyway. Thank goodness I quit that stupid dead-end job.
    "This calls for a very special blend of psychology and extreme violence" - The Young Ones
  • Options
    Bosses can be real jerks sometimes. When I was pregnant, I worked at a place where we had to wear khakis and polo shirts. My boss gave me a hard time about not tucking my shirt in while I was wearing maternity pants! I tried to explain that it looks ridiculous because there's a huge elastic band at the top and visibly pregnant women don't tuck in their shirts. He was like, "So what?" I refused and he didn't bother me again for awhile, until he consulted his boss and they made me wear an apron that made me look stupid and my coworkers laugh. Jeez, can I have a bit of dignity? This is a temporary situation anyway. Thank goodness I quit that stupid dead-end job.

Was your boss's name Michael Scott??

• Options
    We found out today that because her fibroid is still rather large (15 cm), insurance will let PBW stay home for 4 more weeks.

So, it looks like we don't have to take Xavier to daycare on Monday.

PBM

• Options
    We found out today that because her fibroid is still rather large (15 cm), insurance will let PBW stay home for 4 more weeks.

So, it looks like we don't have to take Xavier to daycare on Monday.

PBM

I JUST DID THE HAPPY DANCE! (Really, I did!!) :D

Wait...unless that's bad news :(

• Options
    I JUST DID THE HAPPY DANCE! (Really, I did!!) :D
    Wait...unless that's bad news :(

No, it's good news. My only worry is that it will increase the separation anxiety she'll face once the day comes to take him to daycare.

If she goes back to work next week, she'll be able to get on a regular schedule...right now, it's almost as if we are delaying the inevitable. Does that make sense?

PBM

• Options
    No, it's good news. My only worry is that it will increase the separation anxiety she'll face once the day comes to take him to daycare.

If she goes back to work next week, she'll be able to get on a regular schedule...right now, it's almost as if we are delaying the inevitable. Does that make sense?

PBM

Yup, that makes total sense. It's like pulling a bandaid off slowing or in one swift motion, right?

I think, well not knowing you or her, that in the end she'll be glad for the extra at home time.

• Options
    PJaddictedPJaddicted Posts: 1,432
    PBM.....I think that is wonderful news! PBW will recover more, X will be sleeping better, you will be greetet by a smiling happy women every night.....it will be good for you all to have her home for another month!

oxc
    ~*LIVE~LOVE~LAUGH*~

*May the Peace of the Wilderness be with YOU*

He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion.
    — Unknown
  • Options
    PJaddicted wrote:
    X will be sleeping better

You mean there is light at the end of this sleepless tunnel?

;)

PBM

• Options
    My boss gave me a hard time about not tucking my shirt in while I was wearing maternity pants! I tried to explain that it looks ridiculous because there's a huge elastic band at the top and visibly pregnant women don't tuck in their shirts. He was like, "So what?" I refused and he didn't bother me again for awhile, until he consulted his boss and they made me wear an apron that made me look stupid and my coworkers laugh.

lol, wow. what a dope!
  • Options

;)

PBM

PBM, extra time off sounds wonderful! And there is a wonderful, glorious light at the end of your sleepless tunnel! :D Four weeks can make all the difference in the world for a newborn. A 12 week old kid is a hell of a lot easier to deal with than an 8 week old, and a lot more fun, too! :)
  • Options
    PJaddictedPJaddicted Posts: 1,432

;)

PBM

Yes for about 5 minutes....then you might have another or 3 more like retard me....and then before you know it....THEY ARE DRIVING and coming in all hours of the night....bringing 12 friends home with them.....Ahhhhh the fun of the weekend....thanks for reminding me what I'm in for the next two nights! Quickly pours herself a nice glass of white wine......that's much better.

Enjoy that baby!

oxc
    ~*LIVE~LOVE~LAUGH*~

*May the Peace of the Wilderness be with YOU*

He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion.
    — Unknown
  • Options
    PBM, in regards to the sleeplessness...have you checked into The Baby Whisperer and/or Babywise???

The 3 hour schedule is a dream-come-true. Mia's been sleeping through the night since she 2 months old.

• Options

;)

PBM

It's hard to believe now, but you will eventually sleep again. It might take another month or two but it'll happen.
    Seems like dads have an easier time tuning out the sound of a crying baby than moms do. After a few months my hubby never woke up when the baby cried. I'm not sure if he was really asleep or just pretending, but I'm like, "How can you not hear that?" I think moms' brains are wired to hear their babies smallest whimpers.
    "This calls for a very special blend of psychology and extreme violence" - The Young Ones
  • Options
    It's hard to believe now, but you will eventually sleep again. It might take another month or two but it'll happen.
    Seems like dads have an easier time tuning out the sound of a crying baby than moms do. After a few months my hubby never woke up when the baby cried. I'm not sure if he was really asleep or just pretending, but I'm like, "How can you not hear that?" I think moms' brains are wired to hear their babies smallest whimpers.

That is how my boyfriend is, like last night, Chloe was crying and I fed her. Then he asked me if she has been fed and I told him, I already had fed her an hour earlier. It is SO true! moms can totally detect babies cries.
    ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~~*~*~
  • Options
    At this point, PBW will wake at the slightest sound. She can get up, go down stairs, make a bottle and come back to the bedroom before I even wake up.

Ever have those nights where you barely keep your eyes open as you feed the baby 4 oz of formula? :)

After all the cries and sleepness nights...seeing him smile or even yawn real big is the payoff for me.

It gets better everyday and it's hard to believe that he'll be 8 weeks on Tuesday.

PBM

• Options
    knittedknitted Posts: 244
    the baby whisperer (http://www.babywhisperer.com) rocks! get onto it - don't leave it till you have to undo a bunch of "accidental parenting".

i was pregnant when this thread started - does that count? i have a lovely wee boy now, named afer his dad and his grandad - edward michael :) - yes, it's a very happy coincidence!

the name plate on his door is an orange 'ed' guitar pic.
    http://www.sublime-retro.net

when my ears ring, my heart beats
  • Options
    Ever have those nights where you barely keep your eyes open as you feed the baby 4 oz of formula? :)

After all the cries and sleepness nights...seeing him smile or even yawn real big is the payoff for me.

It gets better everyday and it's hard to believe that he'll be 8 weeks on Tuesday.

PBM

I actually had that happened to me last night when I was breastfeeding her at 4 in the morning. I could barely keep my eyes opened, and was falling asleep as she was also sleeping. So I lay down w/her and we both fell asleep. :p

Yep. I agree. It is worth every thing to have them happy and just look and stare at you. :D

oo, congrats on X's 8 weeks! :)

chloe will be a month old on Sunday!
    ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~~*~*~