genevievegenevieve Posts: 1,203
    ZiggyStar wrote:
    Ohhhh, she's sooo cute, Genevieve!!! :)

I WANT ONE!!!!! DAMMIT!!!! :D

Well come on!
    Get a move on!
    No time like the present!
    :D
    the person below me smells like cat pee and raisins...
  • Options
    She's really cute!!!!

I totally want kids, but my husband and I arent quite ready yet...soon though.

Three of my friends (my two best friends) are pregnant. One is due 12/6, one 2/8 and the other 3/15. I'm hoping playing with their babies will quell my desires for at least another year.

She is beautiful!!!
    it's funny when things change so much, it's all state of mind...
  • Options
    PissBottleManPissBottleMan Union City, TN Posts: 4,154
    We completed our birthing class on Monday...felt a little out of place because, since we are having a C-Section, we didn't have to go to the class last week.

It was an informative class...got to see some videos about what to expect once the baby is born.

PBW wasn't too thrilled with the C-Section animation. ;) Actually, a lot of it made her nauseous...she had to leave a couple of times to get sick. She's had it rough throughout her pregnancy.

I'm up for the challenge though...it looks like I'll have close to 2 weeks off after the baby's born (I saved my vacation days for a reason :)). Plus, my parents will be in town.

We're down to 6 more weeks!!!

Oh yeah, thought you guys would like to see Xavier's new shirt:

http://viewmorepics.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=viewImage&friendID=40941966&imageID=1402095517

Cheers,

PBM
    "We paced ourselves and we didn't rush through it and we tried to be as creative as our collective minds would let us be over some course of time instead of just trying to rush through a record"

Wishlist Foundation: http://wishlistfoundation.org
  • Options
    that's great PBM!

man, i love babies! one of my friends is due in march and her husband is a HUGE PJ fan...we are getting them a few PJ onsies and stuff...so cute!

good luck with everything!!!!
    it's funny when things change so much, it's all state of mind...
  • Options
    We completed our birthing class on Monday...felt a little out of place because, since we are having a C-Section, we didn't have to go to the class last week.

It was an informative class...got to see some videos about what to expect once the baby is born.

PBW wasn't too thrilled with the C-Section animation. ;) Actually, a lot of it made her nauseous...she had to leave a couple of times to get sick. She's had it rough throughout her pregnancy.

I'm up for the challenge though...it looks like I'll have close to 2 weeks off after the baby's born (I saved my vacation days for a reason :)). Plus, my parents will be in town.

We're down to 6 more weeks!!!

Oh yeah, thought you guys would like to see Xavier's new shirt:

http://viewmorepics.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=viewImage&friendID=40941966&imageID=1402095517

Cheers,

PBM

:(
    I couldnt see the shirt.
    But let me know how I can.
    I want to get Adria some PJ stuff.

Hey can I be one of your MySpace friends?
  • Options
    genevieve wrote:
    Hey can I be one of your MySpace friends?

Sure. :)

I uploaded it into Photobucket:

http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a301/PissBottleMan/PearlJam.jpg

PBM
    "We paced ourselves and we didn't rush through it and we tried to be as creative as our collective minds would let us be over some course of time instead of just trying to rush through a record"

• Options

Aww thats really cute!
    Adria needs something.
    Shes a bit big for that though.
    Where did you find it?
  • Options
    genevieve wrote:
    Where did you find it?

A friend of ours at work made it for our shower. She said she looked on eBay and other various websites...then, she decided to just make it herself.

I think it looks pretty cool.

My kid's gonna be rockin'.

PBM

• Options
    A friend of ours at work made it for our shower. She said she looked on eBay and other various websites...then, she decided to just make it herself.

I think it looks pretty cool.

My kid's gonna be rockin'.

PBM

I dont know why they dont make a few things to buy for us parents out there.
    Foo Fighters has stuff.
  • Options
    ZiggyStarZiggyStar Posts: 14,328
    PBM, that shirt is awesome! I hope some of my friends make me cool PJ stuff! I can't wait to see the look on my mum and dad's faces!!! "She's OBSESSED!!"

I'm having a c-section one day. How was the class? Scary?
    ★ 1995 - Brisbane ★ 1998 - Brisbane ★ 2003 - Brisbane ★ 2006 - Brisbane ★
    ★ 2009 - Sydney, Brisbane, Auckland, Christchurch ★
    ★ 2011 - EV Newcastle, Melbourne 1, Melbourne 2 ★
  • Options
    ZiggyStar wrote:
    PBM, that shirt is awesome! I hope some of my friends make me cool PJ stuff! I can't wait to see the look on my mum and dad's faces!!! "She's OBSESSED!!"

hehehe.
    I hope you get to hear all about the c-sec!
  • Options
    ZiggyStar wrote:

It didn't bother me too much...but then again, I'm not going to be on the other side of the knife.

In all honesty, they showed an animation of how the sugery works. It wasn't too graphic...actually quite informative.

I learned a great deal from that class even though it was long (6pm-9pm).

PBM

• Options
    pacifierpacifier Posts: 1,009
    genevieve wrote:
    pacifier.
    I know you are busy,
    But we all want some more pics!

and for those who didnt see the last page where I posted this:
    new pics...
    http://genevieveolivier.spaces.live.com/PersonalSpace.aspx?_c02_owner=1

We haven't really been taking a lot of pictures, but we took some this weekend, so I have updated.. here they are...
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/45215389@N00/

by the way, Adria is beautiful. From the photos, she looks a lot like you except she seems to have her dad's mouth. Anna barely looks like me at all, she looks very much like her dad.
  • Options
    My neighbour is pregnant , does that count ?

I have 2 kids and that's enough :)
    Hold me, and make it the truth,...
    That when all is lost there will be you,...
    Cause to the universe I don't mean a thing
    And there's just one word I stil believe
    And it's Love

29-08-06 (Arnhem)
    28-06-07 (Nijmegen)
    27-06-10 (Nijmegen)
  • Options
    pacifier wrote:
    We haven't really been taking a lot of pictures, but we took some this weekend, so I have updated.. here they are...
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/45215389@N00/

Great pictures!

We painted the nursery this weekend...we're almost done...just a few little things left to accomplish.

The weeks are flying by!

PBM

• Options
    Great pictures!

We painted the nursery this weekend...we're almost done...just a few little things left to accomplish.

The weeks are flying by!

PBM

I found the pregnancy, especially the last few weeks, really seemed to drag out. I was getting very impatient by the end. Now only 3 weeks after I have given birth time seems to fly by so quickly but it seems like an eternity since she was born, like she has always been here with us and I can't remember it being any other way :)
  • Options
    pacifier wrote:
    I found the pregnancy, especially the last few weeks, really seemed to drag out.

Yeah, PBW is getting that way now...she has lots of aches and pains...and she's still getting nausea and sick.

I, too, am getting antsy. I don't want to rush it by though...it's fun to really enjoy the whole experience.

It's going to be a challenge...but one that I'm looking forward to.

Is there anything you guys thought would be hard, but isn't?

Is there anything that is harder than you expected it to be?

PBM

• Options
    Yeah, PBW is getting that way now...she has lots of aches and pains...and she's still getting nausea and sick.

I, too, am getting antsy. I don't want to rush it by though...it's fun to really enjoy the whole experience.

It's going to be a challenge...but one that I'm looking forward to.

Is there anything you guys thought would be hard, but isn't?

Is there anything that is harder than you expected it to be?

PBM

It is all much easier than we expected. Surprisingly so. But I think we were blessed with a pretty good natured baby who sleeps for 5-7hrs in a row at night.

The only thing that is 'hard' is dealing with the lack of sleep. Also since hubby has gone back to work I find it difficult to do anything through the day. Between feeding and changing nappies it is hard to find time, especially in big enough chunks, to do everything that needs doing. Even making myself lunch has to wait until there is an appriate time slot for it, preferably if she is asleep because when she is awake she may want my attention and cry if I don't give it to her.
  • Options
    MeddleDealMeddleDeal Posts: 2,547
    week 33, going on 34 on Thurs. I can't wait for her to come out! I am little bit nervous about the whole birthing, especially the afterbirth :o I have a friend of a friend who is due about any day now, and she has helped me with some advice on baby. She is going to use the Bradley method, which I think it is cool and she is a very brave woman. As for me, I don't know, i'll just play by ear.

Does anyone know if you get drugs, you can't get up and go to the bathroom? They give you a urine bag or something like that. :/
    ø~ø~ø~ø~ø~ø~ø~ø~ø~ø~ø~ø~ø~
    ~*STONEY PONY all the WAY!*~
    ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~~*~*~
    "For the world, not for the war"-Neil Finn
  • Options
    MeddleDeal wrote:
    week 33, going on 34 on Thurs. I can't wait for her to come out! I am little bit nervous about the whole birthing, especially the afterbirth :o I have a friend of a friend who is due about any day now, and she has helped me with some advice on baby. She is going to use the Bradley method, which I think it is cool and she is a very brave woman. As for me, I don't know, i'll just play by ear.

Does anyone know if you get drugs, you can't get up and go to the bathroom? They give you a urine bag or something like that. :/

They'll put in a catheter if you get an epidural. Not much fun, but not much of it is fun until the baby pops out! ;):D
  • Options
    They'll put in a catheter if you get an epidural. Not much fun, but not much of it is fun until the baby pops out! ;):D

I had an epidural. They only used the catheter on me once for a few seconds and then removed it. My sister had to have one in for a while, but she had a c-secton.
  • Options
    MeddleDeal wrote:

I was wanting to get through the pain naturally, and was really not wanted an epidural. But part way through i decided to have itand it was very weird, in a good way, no pain at all. but i had control over how much i was getting and i stopped havingit when it came time to push. sorry for the bad typing. i am trying to settle my baby at the same time
  • Options
    MeddleDealMeddleDeal Posts: 2,547
    pacifier wrote:
    I was wanting to get through the pain naturally, and was really not wanted an epidural. But part way through i decided to have itand it was very weird, in a good way, no pain at all. but i had control over how much i was getting and i stopped havingit when it came time to push. sorry for the bad typing. i am trying to settle my baby at the same time

that is okay. i didn't even notice :) You are doing a good job typing and settling your little one! :D

Thanks ladies for your input. I am just too damn nervous, very nearing the end of my pregnancy
    ø~ø~ø~ø~ø~ø~ø~ø~ø~ø~ø~ø~ø~
    ~*STONEY PONY all the WAY!*~
    ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~~*~*~
    "For the world, not for the war"-Neil Finn
  • Options
    ZiggyStarZiggyStar Posts: 14,328
    Re Twins: Leigh has a fair few twins on his side of the family (auntie and uncle, grandad, cousins). I have no twins in my family at all. Can twins on his side increase the chance of me having twins? Or would it not make any difference and just depend on my egg/s?
    ★ 1995 - Brisbane ★ 1998 - Brisbane ★ 2003 - Brisbane ★ 2006 - Brisbane ★
    ★ 2009 - Sydney, Brisbane, Auckland, Christchurch ★
    ★ 2011 - EV Newcastle, Melbourne 1, Melbourne 2 ★
  • Options
    pacifier wrote:
    I had an epidural. They only used the catheter on me once for a few seconds and then removed it. My sister had to have one in for a while, but she had a c-secton.

At my hospital, they told us that once you got the epidural they would leave the catheter in overnight, since it takes a while for you to get the feeling back in your legs and they don't want to put you at risk for falling. (Which seems gratuitous, frankly, because I got the feeling back rather fast AND I was even extra numb since they did a c/s!) That's nice that they only put it in temporarily, though! How soon after giving birth were you up and walking around?
  • Options
    MeddleDeal wrote:
    that is okay. i didn't even notice :) You are doing a good job typing and settling your little one! :D

Thanks ladies for your input. I am just too damn nervous, very nearing the end of my pregnancy

I think I told you this before, but I'll tell you again. :) I was absolutely terrified leading up to giving birth. (Like, I seriously had doubts that I would even live through it! lol :D) But once I went into labor, I was pretty calm and just really excited. Once everything starts, there's no turning back, and you get brave and just go for it. :) You'll be just fine!
  • Options
    mateo wrote:
    my cuisin is pregnant too!!!! With triplets (I don't know if I wrote that ok - three people inside of her).
    She and her husband wanted to have one more (they've got one boy now), they were kind of hoping for a girl..but now 3 more boys..hahah...life is funny..

lol, wow! That's a lot of babies! :D

My husband's cousin has 4 year old twins (who were adopted) and a 3 year old daughter. And last weekend, we found out that she is expecting twins!! I can't even imagine what that would be like. I have my hands full with one. :)
  • Options
    ZiggyStar wrote:
    Re Twins: Leigh has a fair few twins on his side of the family (auntie and uncle, grandad, cousins). I have no twins in my family at all. Can twins on his side increase the chance of me having twins? Or would it not make any difference and just depend on my egg/s?

I don't know if there is any genetic component to conceiving twins or not. I've heard that it runs in the family, but I don't know if that is true or if it's just an old wive's tale type of thing.
  • Options
    PBM
    I thought breastfeeding was gonna be really hard.
    Butgoing on over 6mos now. And Im still loving it.
    I had told myself before Adria came that I only had to commit to 3mos.
    S Im really happy.

I thought labour was going to be worse.
    I had no pain meds at all.
    And a tub birth.
    But in a really awsome hosp. with a Midwife.

I really belive a girl can do whatever she puts her mind to.
    You just have to deal with your fears first.
    Theres no sensetrying to deal with them in the throws of labour.

Givng birth is hard and it really hurts.
    But we can do it.