O.K. how many people here are pregnant?

Comments

• Oh boy, when I was pregnant, I would get kicked around so much and hard that, my entire left side was briused on the inside and this was at 7 1/2 months so I had to endure that for another 2+ months as my son decided to be late.
    www.myspace.com/quietrhythm
    www.quietrhythm.livejournal.com
  • genevievegenevieve Posts: 1,203
    Wow that really doesnt sound like much fun.
    Ill take the kicks that make you jump anyday.
    You are a trooper. :D
    the person below me smells like cat pee and raisins...
  • fanch75fanch75 Posts: 3,734
    i heard that if you hit it from behind, the likelihood of pregnancy is higher.
    Do you remember Rock & Roll Radio?
  • pacifierpacifier Posts: 1,009
    hello. we had another ultrasound today and we were even lucky enough to get a few 3D photos taken of our beautiful little girl. To see them go to http://www.flickr.com/photos/45215389@N00/

Also my blood pressure was a bit high today, and considering the doctor's concern about me getting pre eclampsia I wouldn't be surprised if the baby will be coming a bit earlier than expected. If I get preeclampsia they want to induce me pretty quickly.
  • twin1twin1 Posts: 902
    pacifier wrote:
    hello. we had another ultrasound today and we were even lucky enough to get a few 3D photos taken of our beautiful little girl. To see them go to http://www.flickr.com/photos/45215389@N00/

Also my blood pressure was a bit high today, and considering the doctor's concern about me getting pre eclampsia I wouldn't be surprised if the baby will be coming a bit earlier than expected. If I get preeclampsia they want to induce me pretty quickly.

Wow! Awesome! Aren't the 3d ones amazing?! I did not get them for the 1st two but did for this one, just incredible how technology is now. I am so happy for you. Makes it alot more "real" when you see them and feel them.

Be careful with that pre eclampsia and as long as the baby is healthy I rather like having them earlier versus later, towards the end they really are a bear to carry and you can't wait to get them out of you, they are very hard on your body and you feel pretty useless and in constant discomfort. I am almost 7 mths. now and bigger than I was with the other two, I don't think he is going to be a teeny little boy. I hope I do go early. The docs said I couldn't have a big baby without a c-section which I don't really want and my 1st would have been 10 lbs. if I wouldn't have had her a month early. When you already have 2 kids to take care of you don't have much in the way of down time. :)
    Our love must not be just words, but True Love, which shows itself in action,
    No one needs a smile more than someone who fails to give one,
    After you die...you know how to LIVE!
    awsome shots pacifier!
    :D
  • pacifier wrote:

those are so cool! i wish we'd done that when I was pregnant.... Next time I definitely will. That's the one thing I regret...but I do know what Annabelle looks like now, so I'm satisfied... :D

You're SOOOO close now! Like genevieve, I was also 2 weeks early. And you're lucky to be so close, if your BP is getting a little high. The baby should be just fine if you have to deliver sooner than expected. I can't wait to see some pics! :)
  • ZiggyStarZiggyStar Posts: 14,328
    Are baby's born with big noses or do they grow big as they get older?

I was just thinking -- I've never seen a baby with a big nose before....but I've seen plenty of BIG noses!
    ★ 1995 - Brisbane ★ 1998 - Brisbane ★ 2003 - Brisbane ★ 2006 - Brisbane ★
    ★ 2009 - Sydney, Brisbane, Auckland, Christchurch ★
    ★ 2011 - EV Newcastle, Melbourne 1, Melbourne 2 ★
  • ZiggyStar wrote:
    Are baby's born with big noses or do they grow big as they get older?

I was just thinking -- I've never seen a baby with a big nose before....but I've seen plenty of BIG noses!

I've seen a few big-nosed babies. They aren't too common, though. It's pretty cute! ;)
    Most babies seem to have little button noses.
    They can definatley look different depending on the parents.
    Adria is doomed to have a big nose.
    Eric and I both do. Oh well. :D
  • MeddleDealMeddleDeal Posts: 2,547
    my little one is kickin' me lately, mostly on my right side. She wants me to really know that she is there. :D

i wish I had a digital camera so I can take a pic of her profile:( it sucks being poor. on the other hand, yesterday, I am now 26 weeks and have been reading a lot of What to Expect when You are Expecting. :) Reading about labor, kind of freaks me out, but I guess all first time mothers have that.

But congrats pacifer on your little one coming soon too:)
    ø~ø~ø~ø~ø~ø~ø~ø~ø~ø~ø~ø~ø~
    ~*STONEY PONY all the WAY!*~
    ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~~*~*~
    "For the world, not for the war"-Neil Finn
    MeddleDeal wrote:
    my little one is kickin' me lately, mostly on my right side. She wants me to really know that she is there. :D

i wish I had a digital camera so I can take a pic of her profile:( it sucks being poor. on the other hand, yesterday, I am now 26 weeks and have been reading a lot of What to Expect when You are Expecting. :) Reading about labor, kind of freaks me out, but I guess all first time mothers have that.

But congrats pacifer on your little one coming soon too:)

What to expect when you are expecting can be a hard read for women already nervous about childbirth.
    I have a few friends that said they couldnt read it cause it made them more afraid.
    I hope that you feel comfortable asking questions here.
    I think most of us are really willing to share our fears and strengths openly.
    I will always answer any PMs as well.

Having gone through this has really made me think about women and thier support networks.
    Im really considering taking some Doula training when Adria is a bit older.
    I was really happy having my Doula in with Eric and I. I think more women should have this kind of support available to them.
  • ZiggyStarZiggyStar Posts: 14,328

She's so cute!! Makes me want one (or 4) even more!!! :o Leigh and I are 27 and 29 and in the last year especially, have started to get really clucky. He got clucky a bit earlier than me though! We want to get his new record store up and running for a year or so and then we'll see where we're at and whether the time (and finances) are right. But we want to buy a house first..then start trying maybe.

I "could" have a hard time though because I had polycystic ovaries and I'm on female hormones so they don't come back. So we have to have everything planned, go off the hormones for 3 months and if I don't ovulate for ages I'll need to have injections or some crap. Fingers crossed that everything goes fine though!
    ★ 1995 - Brisbane ★ 1998 - Brisbane ★ 2003 - Brisbane ★ 2006 - Brisbane ★
    ★ 2009 - Sydney, Brisbane, Auckland, Christchurch ★
    ★ 2011 - EV Newcastle, Melbourne 1, Melbourne 2 ★
  • ZiggyStar wrote:
    She's so cute!! Makes me want one (or 4) even more!!! :o Leigh and I are 27 and 29 and in the last year especially, have started to get really clucky. He got clucky a bit earlier than me though! We want to get his new record store up and running for a year or so and then we'll see where we're at and whether the time (and finances) are right. But we want to buy a house first..then start trying maybe.

I "could" have a hard time though because I had polycystic ovaries and I'm on female hormones so they don't come back. So we have to have everything planned, go off the hormones for 3 months and if I don't ovulate for ages I'll need to have injections or some crap. Fingers crossed that everything goes fine though!

Thank you. :) Hey, you never know...it might be easier than you think to get pregnant! I have had really screwed up periods caused by cysts my whole life and I've had a lot of symptoms of PCOS (though I was never diagnosed officially) and have had to take birth control pills many times throughout my life to correct the problems. And we got pregnant without even trying! ;)
    genevieve wrote:
    What to expect when you are expecting can be a hard read for women already nervous about childbirth.
    I have a few friends that said they couldnt read it cause it made them more afraid.
    I hope that you feel comfortable asking questions here.
    I think most of us are really willing to share our fears and strengths openly.
    I will always answer any PMs as well.

Having gone through this has really made me think about women and thier support networks.
    Im really considering taking some Doula training when Adria is a bit older.
    I was really happy having my Doula in with Eric and I. I think more women should have this kind of support available to them.

Thanks Geneviene for your advice :) I know it does make me feel comfortable asking questions w/women who have been in my position years or months ago. For that, I really do appreciate :)

my midwife is terrific and i really do like her. Today I went to go see her and she told me how to relax and focus while being in labor. She said it was up to me if I wanted to go to lamaze classes and I know those classes cost a lot of $. I also ask my mom for advice, since she went through it 3 times. She told me she never took it that she got her breathing guidance from her nurses. I am SO excited to see my baby, Chloe in a few months!! WOHOOO!
    ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~~*~*~
  • paisleypaisley Posts: 14
    I'm not, thank GOD.
    the south hates you too, pearl jam.
  • MeddleDeal wrote:

. She said it was up to me if I wanted to go to lamaze classes and I know those classes cost a lot of $. WOHOOO!

Honestly I never took those classes, and if you've read through this thread you'll see by my labour story I did just fine. Like I said the I was given the "Quietest Patient" award by the nurses.

I found some of the instructors to be way way to upbeat and cheezy.

On the other hand, some women swear by them. Not sure what kind of programs you have down there, but up here there are numerous free courses and classes available, if you do think you want to do the classes, make look into that option.

Like it was said before most of us here have been there and done that and some have a few t-shirts, anytime you have any questions, we are here.
    www.myspace.com/quietrhythm
    www.quietrhythm.livejournal.com
  • I took a class and it was pretty helpful, mostly just to prepare me for the experience as a whole. The pain management stuff was just basic breathing/relaxation techniques and you could probably do that just as well with a book or a dvd, honestly. More than anything I just liked going to class because at that point, it was the only place I was allowed to go other than the doctor's office twice a week. ;)

I just wanna echo what the others are saying, please feel free to ask ANY questions...even if you think they are gross or fall under the "TMI" category! ;) Once you've been through pregnancy and childbirth, nothing is embarassing anymore. ;) Even though I was SO excited about the baby, I was actually pretty terrified about the birth process when I first found out I was pregnant for a lot of my pregnancy! But once I got to the hospital, I was completely calm and just really happy. I think that's the way it is for a lot of women.
    Aww you ladies are TOO cool! Pretty awesome rockin' mommas we have in this thread :D you all make me feel so comfortable already. a HUGE THANK U, followed by a HUGE HUG!! :)
    ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~~*~*~
    Awsome pics J Lo!
    Annabelle is gettin big!

Meddle,
    Glad you are comfy askin questions.
    Trust me you will just breath the way you are supposed to.
    Everyone is different. And as long as you are taking lotsa deap slow breaths you will do fine.
    And dont let anyone yell at you while counting and telling you to push for a certain amount of time. You will push as long as you need to push.
    I hate watching shows like "A Baby Story" and seeing the nurses counting at the moms.

Yeah Ive never been shy in discussing this sort of stuff.
    All my freinds that had questions couldnt wait to ask me.
    Cause they know I would be as descriptive as they wanted.
    My best friend(since we were 3yrs old) even asked to see Adria latch.
    So I showed her. But I must admit shes one of the few I would let do that.
    Otherwise Im game for almost anything. :D
    Hey how are the ladies doin?
  • PBW had to go to the hospital because she started having contractions early.

Thankfully, the doctors got them to stop. Several factors played into her early contractions.

She became dehydrated because of all her sickness.

We're back on track now...in our 28th week.

It won't be too long before PissBottleBoy arrives.

PBM
    "We paced ourselves and we didn't rush through it and we tried to be as creative as our collective minds would let us be over some course of time instead of just trying to rush through a record"

Wishlist Foundation: http://wishlistfoundation.org
  • PBW had to go to the hospital because she started having contractions early.

Thankfully, the doctors got them to stop. Several factors played into her early contractions.

She became dehydrated because of all her sickness.

We're back on track now...in our 28th week.

It won't be too long before PissBottleBoy arrives.

PBM

Glad to hear all is going well. Best wishes
  • Glad to hear all is going well. Best wishes

Thanks man.

PBM
    "We paced ourselves and we didn't rush through it and we tried to be as creative as our collective minds would let us be over some course of time instead of just trying to rush through a record"

Wishlist Foundation: http://wishlistfoundation.org
  • pacifierpacifier Posts: 1,009
    Well my blood pressure is back on track and if all goes well from now on they may even let me go up to ten days over my due date. My family has a tendancy to go over their due dates, so that will probably happen. I know it is good for the baby to stay in for as long as she needs to, but because there was so much expectation early on that I would probably have to be induced early, these last few weeks are really, really dragging. Actually I was more prepared to have the baby two weeks ago then I am now. Now I feel like I've been pregnant for so long that I can't imagine that she is ever going to be out here in the real world.

Also I was pretty pleased with the three stretch marks I had got up until week 37, but now at week 38 that has multiplied a lot in just one week and I feel like I can actually feel my belly stretching. I'm guessing in three weeks the stretch marks will be pretty bad. Oh well, I don't like showing my belly anyway.

I just want her to be here already. My fiance and I are both getting a bit impatient, but I think it is because we were expecting her to have been here by now, however, unfortunately for our patience, but fortunately for our baby and myself, my health has stayed good. We are now at full term so we could have her at any minute, but as I said my family tends to go over their due dates so I will probably have to wait. Unless of course pre-eclampsia occurs between now and 41 weeks.

I hope all the other pregnancies on here are going well.

PBM, the contractions so early on must have been scary. Luckily your baby is at the stage where he should be able to survive if he has to be born now, but I will be praying for you that he stays in until at least 36 weeks. Do these early contrations mean that she is likely to have more early contractions in the future, or were they considered a one off event? Good luck to you, your wife and your baby.
    PBM,
    So glad PBW is doing ok. That must have been so scary and stressful.
    Keep us updated on how things are going.

pacifier,
    I understand the stretchmark thing.
    Ive got tonns. I was doomed. Im super prone to them.

Ive never actually heard someone be happy to get to go overdue! :D
    But really anytime now would probably be ok. Im sure you are excited.

We are doing well. Adria has tried green beans and peas this week.
    She doesnt seem terribly excited about either of them.
    Some days she still doest want her pablum.
    Im not being too pushy. If she eats it fine, but if she doesnt I dont care.

She also tried her Jolly Jumper for the first time the other day.
    I will post some pics soon.
    She didnt really jump the first time but she will get the hang of it.

Man, they change so fast.
    genevieve wrote:
    Meddle,
    Glad you are comfy askin questions.
    Trust me you will just breath the way you are supposed to.
    Everyone is different. And as long as you are taking lotsa deap slow breaths you will do fine.
    And dont let anyone yell at you while counting and telling you to push for a certain amount of time. You will push as long as you need to push.
    I hate watching shows like "A Baby Story" and seeing the nurses counting at the moms.

Yeah Ive never been shy in discussing this sort of stuff.
    All my freinds that had questions couldnt wait to ask me.
    Cause they know I would be as descriptive as they wanted.
    My best friend(since we were 3yrs old) even asked to see Adria latch.
    So I showed her. But I must admit shes one of the few I would let do that.
    Otherwise Im game for almost anything. :D

Thanks for your advice girl. :) I really need to do some relaxation exercises that my midwife told me about. i am thinking of making a PJ/neil finn mix cds for my delivery. Nothing calms me down like PJ and Neil Finn :D

Today, I went to go see my midwife, and I got adminstered my Rh (Rhogram) Negative shot, so my blood won't produce antibodies. It still hurts even after 8 hours :( I also got educated on where exactly my baby parts are located! She is getting ready to move into postition :) Now if we can get a bigger apt. by the end of the month, everything would be peachy!
    ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~~*~*~
    MeddleDeal wrote:
    Thanks for your advice girl. :) I really need to do some relaxation exercises that my midwife told me about. i am thinking of making a PJ/neil finn mix cds for my delivery. Nothing calms me down like PJ and Neil Finn :D

Today, I went to go see my midwife, and I got adminstered my Rh (Rhogram) Negative shot, so my blood won't produce antibodies. It still hurts even after 8 hours :( I also got educated on where exactly my baby parts are located! She is getting ready to move into postition :) Now if we can get a bigger apt. by the end of the month, everything would be peachy!

I listened to PJ and A Perfect Circle the whole time in delivery.
    Everyone in my prenatal group was like "Oh great Im gonna have music blaring in the room next to me if Im in the same time as you!"
    And in some of the after pics at the hosp Im wearing my red Mookie shirt.
  • I got the best birthday present this week. Jack now says Dada. I also got XBox 360, dinner at the best steakhouse on Long Island, and the Mets knocked out.