Options

O.K. how many people here are pregnant?

Comments

• Options
    We're doing well! Annabelle is six months old now...it's unbelievable! She is doing some sort of crawling/scooting combination and she's very very busy all of the time! She said "dada" the other day, but I think it was just a fluke, lol. She is very "verbal", if you can call it that, lol.

The other day we were playing a game where she would press her face against the side of her playpen and then I would do the same...and we were laughing so hard. It was really exciting because, even though she has been interacting with us for a long time with smiles and laughter, I felt like this was the first time we both really "got" the same joke, you know? It's hard to explain, but it was one of the most special moments of motherhood I've experienced... :)

We just got a video camera, so now my husband is addicted to putting things on youtube, lol. Here's a video of her laughing, in case anyone wants to watch. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ovZO-sytjfQ

He also made a really dorky/corny montage of her...lol.

And here's a recent picture that I actually just posted in another thread, but I'll post it here, too! http://static.flickr.com/136/3222062...62a3a6.jpg?v=0

I'm really excited to say that we'll be moving in a month or so! I'm a little sad, because we are leaving Chicago, but we've bought a house in New Jersey and I'm so excited to have more room and have more family around to help us out when we need someone to watch the baby. Right now we are living in the same 1 bedroom apartment that we lived in before Annabelle was even imagined, lol. It'll be so nice to have some space and have a yard where Annabelle can play.
  • Options
    That video is absolutely adorable. She is so cute :)

New Jersey eh? It's fun here...are you going to be close to the shore?? I'm sure Annabelle would LOVE the beach in the summer :)
    Underneath this smile lies everything
    all my hopes, anger, pride and shame...
  • Options
    That video is absolutely adorable. She is so cute :)

New Jersey eh? It's fun here...are you going to be close to the shore?? I'm sure Annabelle would LOVE the beach in the summer :)

We will be right outside of Philly, actually. But as someone who grew up surrounded by farmland in Illinois, I am looking very forward to the beach myself! :)
  • Options
    We will be right outside of Philly, actually. But as someone who grew up surrounded by farmland in Illinois, I am looking very forward to the beach myself! :)

That's a nice area...I'm not too far from Philly myself and love it...and the shore is not that far away at all :)
  • Options
    congratulations!!! :)
    thank you !!!!
    wow your baby is so cute !!!!
  • Options
    PissBottleManPissBottleMan Union City, TN Posts: 4,154
    Great little vid Brain of J.Lo...we got a video camera from the folks at work as a shower gift, so I can't wait to put some movies together.

Well...we did a dry hospital run on Wednesday. PBW came down with flu-like symptoms and became dehydrated. So, we were admitted for two days. Thankfully, she is home now and resting.

Our C-Section is scheduled for Tuesday, so we're hoping she's able to get enough rest and get back up to full strength.

I'll keep you guys updated.

PBM
    "We paced ourselves and we didn't rush through it and we tried to be as creative as our collective minds would let us be over some course of time instead of just trying to rush through a record"

Wishlist Foundation: http://wishlistfoundation.org
  • Options
    Wow PBM, time just flew for you guys, same for you Meddle!

Looks like you guys will get the best gift for Christmas :)
    www.myspace.com/quietrhythm
    www.quietrhythm.livejournal.com
  • Options
    Just finished up my family mix-cd.

I asked each family member and close family friend to pick out one song that they would like to introduce to Xavier when he's older. It can be their favorite song, a tune by a band/artist they like or a song with a great message.

As you can tell, we got some really diverse suggestions.

Disc one:

Beautiful Boy-John Lennon
    In the Ghetto-Elvis Presley
    Welcome to my World-Eddy Arnold
    You Are My Sunshine-Gene Autry
    The Rainbow Connection-Kermit the Frog
    The Greatest-Kenny Rodgers
    We're Going to be Friends-The White Stripes
    My Girl-The Temptations
    Ivory Palaces-Valerie Ann Knies
    You Light Up My Life-Whitney Houston
    Mamas Don't Let Your Babies Grow Up to be Cowboys-Waylon & Willie

Disc Two:

Cats in the Cradle-Harry Chapin
    Outfit-Drive By Truckers
    Change-Blind Melon
    Present Tense-Pearl Jam
    My Own Two Hands-Ben Harper/Jack Johnson
    Waiting for the World to Change-John Mayer
    You've Got a Friend-James Taylor
    Can't Bring Myself to Light This Fuse-Supernova
    Hotwax-Beck
    Born to Run-Bruce Springsteen
    Astral Weeks-Van Morrison
    Yellow Ledbetter-Pearl Jam

PBM
    "We paced ourselves and we didn't rush through it and we tried to be as creative as our collective minds would let us be over some course of time instead of just trying to rush through a record"

• Options
    Just finished up my family mix-cd.

I asked each family member and close family friend to pick out one song that they would like to introduce to Xavier when he's older. It can be their favorite song, a tune by a band/artist they like or a song with a great message.

As you can tell, we got some really diverse suggestions.

Disc one:

Beautiful Boy-John Lennon
    In the Ghetto-Elvis Presley
    Welcome to my World-Eddy Arnold
    You Are My Sunshine-Gene Autry
    The Rainbow Connection-Kermit the Frog
    The Greatest-Kenny Rodgers
    We're Going to be Friends-The White Stripes
    My Girl-The Temptations
    Ivory Palaces-Valerie Ann Knies
    You Light Up My Life-Whitney Houston
    Mamas Don't Let Your Babies Grow Up to be Cowboys-Waylon & Willie

Disc Two:

Cats in the Cradle-Harry Chapin
    Outfit-Drive By Truckers
    Change-Blind Melon
    Present Tense-Pearl Jam
    My Own Two Hands-Ben Harper/Jack Johnson
    Waiting for the World to Change-John Mayer
    You've Got a Friend-James Taylor
    Can't Bring Myself to Light This Fuse-Supernova
    Hotwax-Beck
    Born to Run-Bruce Springsteen
    Astral Weeks-Van Morrison
    Yellow Ledbetter-Pearl Jam

PBM

That is such a great idea! Maybe we will do that for Annabelle's first birthday. :)
  • Options
    genevievegenevieve Posts: 1,203
    J Lo.
    Hehehe.
    Annabelle is too cute!
    I couldnt get the montage thingy to wrk though, is there a trick?

Hope all goes well on tuesday PBM.

I will post some new pics soon.
    the person below me smells like cat pee and raisins...
  • Options
    my belly (stomack) is growing and sometimes i feels so amiss and tired but hey it´s all allright i am just pregnant ...
    my babe is still scary about but hey he is a man ;)
    my best friend ,two off my other friends ,my stepsista ,my therapist,my housedoc ,my boss(yes belive it or not),my other boss ,my grandmother and my biological mother,her brother are happy that i am pregnant ....the other side of my family my stepmum ,my father and my stepbro and family doesn´t know that i am pregnant (i will lwt them know one day but not now ....)
    well maybe i can call up my halfbrother ???
    in three days i have my next checkup and i gonna see my little ;)
    and i will get my maternity card (is that the right word)
  • Options
    in three days i have my next checkup and i gonna see my little ;)
    and i will get my maternity card (is that the right word)

Dont know what a maternity card is but Im in Canada so maybe you get something different.
  • Options
    http://genevieveolivier.spaces.live.com/PersonalSpace.aspx?_c01_blogpart=myspace&_c02_owner=1&_c=blogpart

New pics on the Blog.
    Mostly messy food shots.
    And a couple of the pooches.
    Moochers. ;)
  • Options
    genevieve wrote:
    http://genevieveolivier.spaces.live.com/PersonalSpace.aspx?_c01_blogpart=myspace&_c02_owner=1&_c=blogpart

New pics on the Blog.
    Mostly messy food shots.
    Moochers. ;)

thank you for the cute pictures .....
  • Options
    genevieve wrote:
    Dont know what a maternity card is but Im in Canada so maybe you get something different.

so what do you get in canada ...i mean what i get is full of info about the baby and me i think...
  • Options
    MeddleDealMeddleDeal Posts: 2,547
    Great little vid Brain of J.Lo...we got a video camera from the folks at work as a shower gift, so I can't wait to put some movies together.

Well...we did a dry hospital run on Wednesday. PBW came down with flu-like symptoms and became dehydrated. So, we were admitted for two days. Thankfully, she is home now and resting.

Our C-Section is scheduled for Tuesday, so we're hoping she's able to get enough rest and get back up to full strength.

I'll keep you guys updated.

PBM

i'll be thinking about you two on Tues. I'm glad that PMW is resting after that. Poor thing. For the past few weeks, I've been getting head colds and my sinuses are acting up. My mid-wife told me to get plenty of rest. Tell her to drink TONS of water! :)

hope to see the little man soon! :D
    ø~ø~ø~ø~ø~ø~ø~ø~ø~ø~ø~ø~ø~
    ~*STONEY PONY all the WAY!*~
    ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~~*~*~
    "For the world, not for the war"-Neil Finn
  • Options
    PJaddictedPJaddicted Posts: 1,432
    Lots of love PBM & PBW......and little Z! We will all be looking for your post after the birth!

oxc
    ~*LIVE~LOVE~LAUGH*~

*May the Peace of the Wilderness be with YOU*

He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion.
    — Unknown
  • Options
    tomorrow i go to the doc ,so than i will see my little in my belly ;):)
    and i will get my card???sorry i´ve no idear how you call that in german we say Mutterpass.
  • Options
    awww, so you are going to have your ultrasound/songram then! YEA! I am SO excited for you!! :D let us know how that goes along! :)

We don't have a maternity card here in the U.S. i'm on Medi-Cal, which is like Medicaid, but only offered in the state of California. And officially, tomorrow, I am beginning my maternity leave! :)

okay, this is a TMI question, but did any of you women experience the mucus plug coming out during the 37th or 38th week? b/c I read when that happens, it is almost time.

I am really anxious right now. :/ I just can't believe how the months flown by!
    ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~~*~*~
  • Options
    JulienJulien Posts: 2,457
    MeddleDeal wrote:
    okay, this is a TMI question, but did any of you women experience the mucus plug coming out during the 37th or 38th week? b/c I read when that happens, it is almost time.

My girlfriend had and the baby came 3 days after that...
    2006: Antwerp, Paris
    2007: Copenhagen, Werchter
    2009: Rotterdam, London
    2010: MSG, Arras, Werchter
    2012: Amsterdam, Prague, Berlin
    2014: Amsterdam, Stockholm
  • Options
    Yup happened to me in the 38th week and my son was still 8 days late.
    www.myspace.com/quietrhythm
    www.quietrhythm.livejournal.com
  • Options
    awww, so you are going to have your ultrasound/songram then! YEA! I am SO excited for you!! let us know how that goes along!

We don't have a maternity card here in the U.S. i'm on Medi-Cal, which is like Medicaid, but only offered in the state of California. And officially, tomorrow, I am beginning my maternity leave!

yea my secod one ...thank you .of course i will let you all know;)
    ok thanx for that infos ...well good luck:)
  • Options
    MeddleDeal wrote:
    awww, so you are going to have your ultrasound/songram then! YEA! I am SO excited for you!! :D let us know how that goes along! :)

We don't have a maternity card here in the U.S. i'm on Medi-Cal, which is like Medicaid, but only offered in the state of California. And officially, tomorrow, I am beginning my maternity leave! :)

I am really anxious right now. :/ I just can't believe how the months flown by!

I was never aware of losing the plug. I think the plug can actually regenerate itself, so it's not necessarily a sign that it'll happen soon. (I know you're hoping it will, though! :D) The last few weeks are the hardest and the longest. The day that I went into labor, I felt SOOOO anxious and I felt like it was never going to happen...and I was only 38 weeks at the time, lol. :D Of course, I'd been expecting an early induction but never had to go that route, so I really didn't expect to still be pregnant at that point.

Enjoy the leave you are taking before the baby! Even though bed rest was boring, it was nice to be off of my feet during the last 3 weeks or so of pregnancy, because I was having trouble moving around at that point...lol. :D
  • Options
    genevieve wrote:

New pics on the Blog.
    Mostly messy food shots.
    Moochers. ;)

She is soooo cute! :) I can't believe how big she is compared to little Annabelle!

I read in your blog that you and your husband are thinking about taking a trip somewhere warm! My husband and I just went to the Bahamas to celebrate our anniversary and it was GREAT!! I definitely recommend it! I missed the baby pretty bad, but my mom watched her and they both had a great time, so that made me feel better!
  • Options
    tomorrow i go to the doc ,so than i will see my little in my belly ;):)
    and i will get my card???sorry i´ve no idear how you call that in german we say Mutterpass.

I loved seeing the ultrasounds! That was the one bonus of having to go to the doctor every week for the last 10 weeks or so.
  • Options
    I loved seeing the ultrasounds! That was the one bonus of having to go to the doctor every week for the last 10 weeks or so.

i can´t wait anymore ...oh every week sorry that i ask but was there some problems?
  • Options
    i can´t wait anymore ...oh every week sorry that i ask but was there some problems?

every woman goes sees their doctor towards the end of the third trimster. I started to see my midwife every week at the 35th mark. I only had one ultrasound though at my 4 month.

Thanks ladies for your input on it. I am so anxious already, but i know this week will fly by.
    ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~~*~*~
  • Options
    The PissBottle's are on the clock...less than 24 hours.

MeddleDeal...good luck to you. We wish you the best!

PBM

• Options

PBM

Good Luck PBM & PBW!!!!

We expect lots of pictures in the coming days :)
  • Options

PBM

awww good luck to you too! :D can't wait to see the little one soon! :)
    ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~~*~*~