O.K. how many people here are pregnant?

Comments

• Options
    genevievegenevieve Posts: 1,203
    pacifier,
    Anna is looking really cute.

Adria does look like me.
    I havent met anyone who doesnt thnk so.
    the person below me smells like cat pee and raisins...
  • Options
    ZiggyStar wrote:
    Re Twins: Leigh has a fair few twins on his side of the family (auntie and uncle, grandad, cousins). I have no twins in my family at all. Can twins on his side increase the chance of me having twins? Or would it not make any difference and just depend on my egg/s?

In my family twins skip a generation and it's my turn...

In boyfriends family, I believe twins also run in his family...

:eek:

I think I'm in trouble....
    Underneath this smile lies everything
    all my hopes, anger, pride and shame...
  • Options
    Okay I'm not pregnant, nor did I have a baby, but can I brag about my new nephew? :) He was born Nov.12th at 10.4 lbs, 21 1/2 inches long. His name is Gage Han. He's my older brother's first baby and he's adorable! I can't wait to see him. She had him all natural too after 16 hours of labor!

:)

Rose
    "I'll ride the wave where it takes me.."
  • Options
    PissBottleManPissBottleMan Union City, TN Posts: 4,154
    genevieve wrote:
    PBM
    I thought breastfeeding was gonna be really hard.

The wife is really worried about this whole breastfeeding thing. We go to a class next Tuesday, so maybe that will ease her mind a little.

Congrats to you Aunt Rose!

PBM
    "We paced ourselves and we didn't rush through it and we tried to be as creative as our collective minds would let us be over some course of time instead of just trying to rush through a record"

Wishlist Foundation: http://wishlistfoundation.org
  • Options
    CJMST3KCJMST3K Posts: 9,722
    my sister and my niece (daughter to my other sister).

http://www.koshgall.com/skrflove.htm
    ADD 5,200 to the post count you see, thank you. :)
    *NYC 9/28/96 *NYC 9/29/96 *NJ 9/8/98 (front row "may i play drums with you")
    *MSG 9/10/98 (backstage) *MSG 9/11/98 (backstage)
    *Jones Beach 8/23/00 *Jones Beach 8/24/00 *Jones Beach 8/25/00
    *Mansfield 8/29/00 *Mansfield 8/30/00 *Nassau 4/30/03 *Nissan VA 7/1/03
    *Borgata 10/1/05 *Camden 5/27/06 *Camden 5/28/06 *DC 5/30/06
    *VA Beach 6/17/08 *DC 6/22/08 *MSG 6/24/08 (backstage) *MSG 6/25/08
    *EV DC 8/17/08 *EV Baltimore 6/15/09 *Philly 10/31/09
    *Bristow VA 5/13/10 *MSG 5/20/10 *MSG 5/21/10
  • Options
    Okay I'm not pregnant, nor did I have a baby, but can I brag about my new nephew? :) He was born Nov.12th at 10.4 lbs, 21 1/2 inches long. His name is Gage Han. He's my older brother's first baby and he's adorable! I can't wait to see him. She had him all natural too after 16 hours of labor!

Here he is:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v351/wildchildrosalie/IMG_1020-1.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v351/wildchildrosalie/IMG_0801-1.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v351/wildchildrosalie/IMG_0820.jpg

Rose

Aww hes really cute!
    But man what a big boy!
    Congrats to her for pushing him out.
  • Options
    genevieve wrote:
    Aww hes really cute!
    But man what a big boy!
    Congrats to her for pushing him out.

Thanks! I know she (Annie his mom) is amazing. They are really into doing things naturally and eating organically and all that stuff. So she didn't want any pain meds or epidoral. She had a dula help her and a midwife. My brother said it was really difficult but she did it. They also used hypnotherapy. :-D

Rose
    "I'll ride the wave where it takes me.."
  • Options
    pacifierpacifier Posts: 1,009
    At my hospital, they told us that once you got the epidural they would leave the catheter in overnight, since it takes a while for you to get the feeling back in your legs and they don't want to put you at risk for falling. (Which seems gratuitous, frankly, because I got the feeling back rather fast AND I was even extra numb since they did a c/s!) That's nice that they only put it in temporarily, though! How soon after giving birth were you up and walking around?

about two or three hours, but i had stopped using it about an hour before i gave birth so that i could feel the pushing and stuff and I said no to using it over night, which they said I could do to help with any pains. After they had done evering they needed to do they asked if i wanted to go to the toilet. I walked with assistance, but didn't really need it. I had no problems peeing and my legs were only a little shakey and very heavy feeling. They wheeled me in a wheel chair to my room and then i could move around as i wished.
  • Options
    genevieve wrote:
    PBM
    I thought labour was going to be worse.
    I had no pain meds at all.
    And a tub birth.
    But in a really awsome hosp. with a Midwife.

Yes, good advise for birthing - get youself in some warm water.

When I first started feeling really bad pains I hopped in the shower and then in the tub, and I can't believe how much difference it made. It made the pain bareable. But Because I was induced, there came a point where they had to hook me up to a drip and a monitor so I wasn't allowed in the water anymore. That made it harder to deal with the pain. It was shortly after that that I got the epidural. If I could have a birth without any complications I think I would spend the majority of time in the water. I think I could probably get through it without an epidural then.
  • Options
    We just got back from the Doctor's office...she set up the C-Section date:

Xavier Jack Hinson will arrive Tuesday, December 19th.

We are so excited....just 27 days away.

"So little to do, so much time....wait...strike that...reverse it."

PBM
    "We paced ourselves and we didn't rush through it and we tried to be as creative as our collective minds would let us be over some course of time instead of just trying to rush through a record"

• Options
    We just got back from the Doctor's office...she set up the C-Section date:

Xavier Jack Hinson will arrive Tuesday, December 19th.

We are so excited....just 27 days away.

"So little to do, so much time....wait...strike that...reverse it."

PBM

Wow, that is exciting! :D You're so lucky to know ahead of time that it will be a c/s. I knew there was a chance I'd have one because of the blood pressure issues I'd been having during the 3rd trimester, but it was still hard to go into the hospital expecting one type of birth and ending up with another.

You might want to set up a little bed for her on the sofa before she comes home from the hospital, because I found that I couldn't lay completely flat for about a week, but I could sleep on the sofa because I guess I sort of sunk down into it. A recliner would be good, too. I think I slept on the sofa for about 2 weeks after I came home from the hospital. And do you have a boppy pillow? That will take a lot of pressure off of the incision when she is holding the baby and trying to breastfeed. Even if she ends up bottlefeeding, like I did, a boppy is the best thing in the world and I used mine for like 3 months!

If you (or she) has any questions about the c/s, please let me know and I'd be happy answer them! :)
  • Options
    If you (or she) has any questions about the c/s, please let me know and I'd be happy answer them! :)

Thanks Brain of J.Lo!

Because of her fibroid, the doctor said a C-Section was a possiblity all along.

Our bedroom is up stairs...is it a forgone conclusion that PBW will be staying downstairs for a few weeks. I know they want her to get up and move around soon after the surgery, but how long do they want her to wait before going up stairs.

PBM

• Options

Here he is:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v351/wildchildrosalie/IMG_1020-1.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v351/wildchildrosalie/IMG_0801-1.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v351/wildchildrosalie/IMG_0820.jpg

Rose

Of course you can brag about your nephew!! He is so cute!!! Congratulations! :D
  • Options
    Thanks Brain of J.Lo!

Because of her fibroid, the doctor said a C-Section was a possiblity all along.

Our bedroom is up stairs...is it a forgone conclusion that PBW will be staying downstairs for a few weeks. I know they want her to get up and move around soon after the surgery, but how long do they want her to wait before going up stairs.

PBM

hmmm...we live in a first-floor apartment right now, so I admit I didn't pay TOO much attention to that rule, hehe. ;)

She will most likely have her first post-partum checkup at 2 weeks out, andi think they said to wait 2 weeks to start doing anything like that. Other than that, though, she can just let her own body be her guide. If she starts to hurt too much while doing something, that's a sign to slow down. (Which sounds obvious, but it's easy to ignore the instinct to sit down and relax when you really want to be up and around!)
  • Options
    Wow I never really thought about my friends that had C-secs having to go up and down stairs or avoid them.
    I will have to ask them how they coped.
  • Options
    PBM, have you guys considered bottle feeding at all? Joey was bottle fed right from the get go and hes had a healthier life than my niece who was breastfed.
    Bottle feeding also allows YOU to bond and feed your own child as well.

Please no flaming for suggesting bottle feeding!

Meddle, I had an epidural which was planned way ahead of time, I was up and walking around less than 2 hours after I was given the shot. The epidural was the best choice I felt I made, I had a very comfortable and pain free delivery.
    www.myspace.com/quietrhythm
    www.quietrhythm.livejournal.com
  • Options
    Yeah...I think PBW is going to try breastfeeding, but she is leaning towards bottle feeding more.

Her doctor told us the other day and I quote, "Anyone who tells you that you have to breastfeed is handing you a line of bullshit."

Caught me off guard, but PBW says it took a little pressure off of things for her.

PBM

• Options
    You guys have an awesome doctor! I know what PBW is going through with pressures to breastfeed, bottle feeding moms are the minority it seems.

I felt the pressure more in the hospital, I had one nurse tell me that if I didnt breastfeed, she would let Joey starve, formula is only for mother's who have something wrong with them and cant breastfeed. I was happy to find out she was fired after I filed a complaint.

Let me PBW know she can drop me a line anytime if she wants to talk :)
  • Options
    Let me PBW know she can drop me a line anytime if she wants to talk :)

Thanks for your concern, I will let her know. :)

She was pretty freaked out by the whole thing, so talking to her doctor really calmed her nerves.

PBM

• Options
    I love breastfeeding.
    And it is natural.
    I like knowing Im doing what is Right For Me.

But I think a woman needs to do what she can.
    And I thought I would be feeding Adria by bottle by now.

I think if breastfeeding is stressful a woman should bottle feed.
    But i do think a woman should give breastfeeding a shot.
    At least for a couple weeks.
    Especially for the colostrum.

In the end all we want is healthy babies.
    Forumal is so much better than in the old days anyway.
    And back them formula was promoted even more.
    So I think its whatever works. really.
  • Options
    OK, tough question for the parents. Do you have people you don't trust bugging you to leave your babies with them? I do. The worst part is it is my in-laws. How do/would you handle it? This is mainly a saftey thing. For example, my mother in law and sister in law have always steadfastly refused to buckle babies in carseats, high chairs and strollers, while in the house. I would go over there, see the baby (Not mine) in his seat and cringe. If I mention buckling him, I would be quickly dismissed. Well, the first time we left jack there, we INSISTED on buckling. We can only hope he was. Well we were back there tonight, and jack's cousin (3 months) fell out of her carseat, onto the floor. She was asleep in her seat, unbuckled. She's fine, luckily. I did not want to leave him there before (and there are ample more reasons, such as a mother flipping out that her child's stroller is locked, so it can't move) Now I refuse to leave him there. My wife doesn't want to leave him there either, but she also doesn't want to piss off her family. Should I call Dr. Phil?
  • Options
    Should I call Dr. Phil?

That's about all you can do I think. I have someone like this but it is not my family so I just avoid them as much as possible and try to say things in a round about way if I am trying not to hurt their feelings about small things that I don't like them doing, or straight out if it is an obviously bad thing for the baby (Eg smoking, or in your case belt buckling).
  • Options
    Unfortunately, I had to be very firm with both sides of the family. With my in laws it was the worst. My mother in law would feed my son dairy even tho she knows full well hes lactose intolerant. It came down to either respect my wishes and stop feeding him things that cause him so much pain, or you will only have visits supervised by me.

I had to do basically the same thing with my dad and step mom. They smoke in thier house, I don't. My dad would promise me that they would take it outside but numerous times I caught him smoking sitting right beside Joey. When it comes to my son's safety and well being, I dont care who I piss off or offend. I want my son to be safe and healthy and I definately dont appreicate being lied to. In my experience within the last 5 years, sometimes you have to step on a few toes to get your point across.

In your case, I would absolutely livid. In my area, car seat laws are very strict and can result in loss of points or even license and subjected to a hefty fine. I would put my foot down. Explain to them that either they buckle Jack or no more alone visits. Hopefully things change for you before, a child becomes seriously hurt and THEN your inlaws realize that they should be buckled.
    Im sorry your going through this, Im nervous for you! I'd never ever leave my kid with anyone family or not would refused to buckle my son, especially in the car and high chairs.
  • Options
    the scariest part is, after having to go to the hospital to have a baby checked out for being dropped on it s head, there was no change in their attitude. No, "Hey, maybe we should buckle her in at all times". Instead it was: "Hey, it was a freak accident, could have happened to anyone" For my wife's sake, I resisted the urge to yell "No it's not!! if she was buckled up like she is supposed to be, there'd be no accident. But a big part of me thinks I should have yelled that, for the babies sake.
  • Options
    I would have yelled until I was blue in the face. But thats me and Im kinda a crazy mom when it comes to my son. :P
  • Options
    We will sign the papers and pick up the keys for our new Grand Caravan tomorrow.

We're officially minivan people.

Hello 30's. Goodbye 20's.

;)

PBM

• Options
    I have much sympathy for you guys with problems trustiing people.
    With me its my own parents and the fact that they get frustrated with kids.
    At a wedding we went to this summer my mom wanted me to keep Adria at the table while she was fussing. I knew she would be tolerated but I didnt want to put other people out. My mom said "Here give her to me" But as soon as Adria started fussing again she said "Well shes your baby" and handed her back. So I enede up sitting in the lobby feeding her listening to the lounge pianist. I would go in for the next course, eat and go back out.

Then my dad flipped out on my brothers kids when he was looking after them.
    Yelled at them for goofing around and then yelled at my sister in law.
    Sheesh they are just kids. Get over it, you are a grown man.

My mom also had a nervous breakdown while I was preggo.
    So I had to say no parents staying with us.
    And unfortunatley we had to extend the rule to Erics parents to make things fair.
    We really dont have the room for it anyway but my parents would be even more upset than they are already if it wasnt across the board.
  • Options
    PJaddictedPJaddicted Posts: 1,432
    To all of you with new babies.....DO NOT EVER LEAVE YOUR CHILDREN WITH PEOPLE YOU DON'T TRUST! EVER!

I am the parent of 4 teens and I won't go into details, but there were a few times that my heart was telling me NO and I left them anyway and things happened, nothing really bad, but that was by luck. Go with your heart.....your children are too precious to chance leaving them with dysfunctional people.

I've really enjoyed checking into this thread....I miss my kids being little. I love them as teens....it is easier for me and hubby....but they used to be soooo cute and it went far too quickly!

Also PBM.....try to support PBW to breast feed, even if it is only a few meals a day...you can do both. I didn't last long with my first son(10 days)...and he ended up allergic to most formulas....we went through 4 months of hell with him screaming in pain, awful to see a newborn so uncomfortable. With my other sons I went for the long haul, no formula ever....very thankful I did...no stomach problems at all and no prolonged crying either...Guess that's why I ended up with 4...they were too easy! Good luck with the C-Section!

oxc
    ~*LIVE~LOVE~LAUGH*~

*May the Peace of the Wilderness be with YOU*

He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion.
    — Unknown
  • Options
    I think everyone should give breastfeeding a try.
    You never know.
    You might love it!
    IO thought it would be a real chore.
    But over 6mos now and Im still loving it.
  • Options
    PJaddictedPJaddicted Posts: 1,432
    If I had my child to raise all over again, Id finger paint more, and point the finger less.

I'd do less correcting and more connecting.

Id take my eyes off my watch watch with my eyes.

I would care to know less, and know to care more.

Id take more hikes and fly more kites.

I'd stop playing serious and seriously play.

I WOULD RUN THROUGH MORE FIELDS AND GAZE AT MORE STARS

I'd do more hugging, and less tugging.

I would be firm less often and affirm much more

I'd build self-esteem first and the house later.

I'd teach less about the love of power and more about the power of love.

.....Diane Loomans, From Full Esteem Ahead

I thought all of you would enjoy this....I got very good advice when my sons were little, you can have a clean house when they grow up, don't waste a precious moment of their childhood cleaning, while they are awake. This came from several aunts, grandparents and parents. Guess what....they were right....my house is looking awesome now that they are teens and can help keep it that way. I had a blast with my kids~always going and doing....even if it was a simple walk down to a pond, or one of the farms to visit cows, goats, horses, or to the park. We didn't have much money so we did a ton of camping....I miss it all!

Enjoy everyone!

oxc
    ~*LIVE~LOVE~LAUGH*~

*May the Peace of the Wilderness be with YOU*

He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion.
    — Unknown