why do men have to be so feckin obvious?

Comments

• stu gee wrote:
    Damn right, i was coming back from the bar last week with a few drinks and a women put her hand down the back of my jeans while her friends giggled. If i had done that to a woman there would be an uproar!

That's disgraceful. I guess some guys don't mind though.
  • dunkman wrote:
    ok MCKB, i admit i wouldnt stare at a girl.. i wouldnt do it if i was in a group of guys either... but i will admit to glancing at areas of a nice lady if she so happens to be showing off that region.. mini skirts were designed to 'show off' the legs.. so i'm gonna look.

but group staring isnt cool i grant thee... unless its on a stag do and the stripper is firing ping pong balls from her foo-foo... then its actually accepted to stare
    thank you :o see, yer not so bad!

But yeh I think I summed it up with the last post... that if they're seeing me naked and I know they are, well I may as well just be walking through the site naked and who wants that? I certainly don't, it's fuckin cold out there :eek:
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Verona??? it's all surmountable
    Dublin 23.08.06 "The beauty of Ireland, right there!"
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Copenhagen?? your light made us stars
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
    Had I not found this love with you
  • I thought we'd got past the nutty seventies era of "wimmin", where every bloke who ogled a pretty woman was a potential rapist in the bushes, for fuck's sake. But there's ogling and ogling, and one should never do it, if the woman doesn't want it.
  • stu geestu gee Posts: 1,174
    That's disgraceful. I guess some guys don't mind though.

Its not like i was really upset or traumatised by it, i just wondered what would have happened of it was the other way round. Im not going to go away and report sexual assault for something like that but i know some people would.
    People say im paranoid. Well, they dont say it, but i know that's what they are thinking.
  • I think it's funny that we're (talking) about 'group staring'. Haha! It seems a bit silly now. No offense Helen. I understand what you mean.
  • I thought we'd got past the nutty seventies era of "wimmin", where every bloke who ogled a pretty woman was a potential rapist in the bushes, for fuck's sake.
    well in fairness, if you're a woman on your own being ogled... yeh, they ARE potential rapists. I know that's not a popular thing to say and I know there are very very few rapists out there... but WE don't know who they are :o . Unfortunately they don't carry a sign saying 'I'm a rapist'

I think 'potential' was the wrong word there.
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
  • geniegenie Posts: 2,222
    actually no, I don't really "agree." Staring does hurt, just not on the same level, obviously.

As a man, you can't know what it feels like to be ogled. there are times when a man might be looking at you because you catch his eye and he thinks you are very pretty. this is not the same as when you walk past a truck full of migrant workers and they start honking and yelling obscenities because they do that to *every* woman who walks by. and you know they are staring at your butt. and you want to dive behind a tree and hide yourself.

yep, and there are a lot of foreign men in my town, who do exactly what you've said in here...

I find it threatning behaviour.......hehe i used to be threatend by spiders and therefore used to kill them, though i don't do that anymore i just carry them away outside.......as for men....hmm.....if there was an anarchy and i was allowed to have a gun......well lets just say i'd teach those fucks some manners
  • well in fairness, if you're a woman on your own being ogled... yeh, they ARE potential rapists. I know that's not a popular thing to say and I know there are very very few rapists out there... but WE don't know who they are :o . Unfortunately they don't carry a sign saying 'I'm a rapist'

I'll be sending the tinfoil hat and knickers, and the survivors' guide to the human race in the next mail. ;)
  • know1know1 Posts: 6,794
    I'd appreciate it if women would be a little more obvious when they're looking. It would make things so much easier.
    The only people we should try to get even with...
    ...are those who've helped us.

Right 'round the corner could be bigger than ourselves.
  • dunkmandunkman Posts: 19,646
    well in fairness, if you're a woman on your own being ogled... yeh, they ARE potential rapists. I know that's not a popular thing to say and I know there are very very few rapists out there... but WE don't know who they are :o . Unfortunately they don't carry a sign saying 'I'm a rapist'

now now... this is becoming to silly even for me.

latent rapists for looking at a woman???

Millie Tant from Viz comes to mind
    oh scary... 40000 morbidly obese christians wearing fanny packs invading europe is probably the least scariest thing since I watched an edited version of The Care Bears movie in an extremely brightly lit cinema.
    know1 wrote:
    I'd appreciate it if women would be a little more obvious when they're looking. It would make things so much easier.

hehe, and i think this could be a start of another thread ;):)
  • I'll be sending the tinfoil hat and knickers, and the survivors' guide to the human race in the next mail. ;)
    :D well from a woman's point of view... if men are ogling and glaring at ya, they're dirty bastards... and dirty bastards are capable of anything in our mind. I certainly wouldn't let someone who's been ogling me walk me to my car late at night or give me a lift home :confused:
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
  • I think that most people want to look good - guys and girls. For some women this means showing a little skin (or a lot). It's natural for anyone to look at the member of the opposite sex (or the same sex). We all do it. It's the ogling and staring that makes many women feel uncomfortable. Sure, take a look, but don't stand there staring with your tongues hanging out. Some men are just plain skeezy.
    No time to be void or save up on life. You got to spend it all.
    :D well from a woman's point of view... if men are ogling and glaring at ya, they're dirty bastards... and dirty bastards are capable of anything in our mind. I certainly wouldn't let someone who's been ogling me walk me to my car late at night or give me a lift home :confused:

of course not but it hardly makes them all rapists does it... thats like saying all kids who go ahhhhhhh at fireworks are potential arsonists. :rolleyes:
    oh scary... 40000 morbidly obese christians wearing fanny packs invading europe is probably the least scariest thing since I watched an edited version of The Care Bears movie in an extremely brightly lit cinema.
  • dunkman wrote:
    really??? women don't 'ogle'? :confused:

i've seen groups of women in pubs who do nothing but ogle men. and vice versa...

Diet Coke adverts??????

the diet coke adverts do not reflect reality. they are an attempt to turn to the tables on men and say "what if the female office workers ogled the male construction worker?" the reason it is a funny ad is because it's the opposite of what really happens.
    skeezy.

wow, that's a cool word!!
  • dunkman wrote:
    of course not but it hardly makes them all rapists does it... thats like saying all kids who go ahhhhhhh at fireworks are potential arsonists. :rolleyes:
    No, I never said it makes them rapists :rolleyes: I said in our mind it DOES make them POTENTIAL rapists... and I said potential was the wrong word for fins to use for that reason cos I can't simply deny it.

I'm going home in 5 minutes :) woooooo
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
    the diet coke adverts do not reflect reality. they are an attempt to turn to the tables on men and say "what if the female office workers ogled the male construction worker?" the reason it is a funny ad is because it's the opposite of what really happens.

ok so ignore the comment i made about real women ogling real men in pubs... ignore the fact that when i went on a trip to Cardiff wearing my kilt i had women lifting it up to take photos.. i stood at the bar later that night and this women had her hands on my bum cheeks...

ignore all that and 'get' me on the Diet Coke comment..

face it.. some women dont ogle, some do... some men dont ogle and some do.. its not an all-male phenomenon you know
  • Serious question. Do most of you ever get away from your pcs and interact much, with people of the opposite sex? It's a complex world of relationships and social interaction out there. The semiotics are very hard to limit down to stereotypes of behaviour. You wouldn't think so, reading some of the bollocks on here. Just a thought.
  • I'm going home in 5 minutes :) woooooo

Good for you. It's been a very traumatic day! ;):)
  • stu geestu gee Posts: 1,174

That is complete rubbish im sorry. Are you saying women never ogle men?!! Having many female friends as i do, i watch their ogling first hand and hear the filthy thoughts in their minds all the time. Im not saying there is anything wrong with it, but they are just as bad as we are!
    People say im paranoid. Well, they dont say it, but i know that's what they are thinking.
  • The ChampThe Champ Posts: 4,063
    dunkman wrote:
    but a rapists mentality... please.. i fuck around on this forum for some light entertainment, not to be called a rapist... wow

I'm with you on this dunk. That was a bit of a reach to say the least, and a very inappropriate and careless comment. If a chick is wearing something like this http://ballsandwalnuts.com/wp-content/uploads/2007/04/cleavage_1.jpg you can bet your sweet ass she did so for the purpose of Men's attention..(or women if a lesbo)..
    'I want to hurry home to you
    put on a slow, dumb show for you
    and crack you up
    so you can put a blue ribbon on my brain
    god I'm very, very frightening
    and I'll overdo it'
  • Serious question. Do most of you ever get away from your pcs and interact much, with people of the opposite sex? It's a complex world of relationships and social interaction out there. The semiotics are very hard to limit down to stereotypes of behaviour. You wouldn't think so, reading some of the bollocks on here. Just a thought.
    :D trust me, I've a LOT of social interaction goin on. I like men, just not the ones who make me feel naked without me wanting to be.
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
  • Marvellous. Right. I'm signing off and heading down the pub to ogle. :D
  • Serious question. Do most of you ever get away from your pcs and interact much, with people of the opposite sex? quote]

Obviously for me, no. :D:o

And dunkman, is it true that when the Scott's fight in battle they wear the full length ball gown with sequins? (I'm on a Simpsons quote role today).
    Serious question. Do most of you ever get away from your pcs and interact much, with people of the opposite sex? It's a complex world of relationships and social interaction out there. The semiotics are very hard to limit down to stereotypes of behaviour. You wouldn't think so, reading some of the bollocks on here. Just a thought.

i'm married to a hottie and you're single

Finsy... get down the pub now!!! :D

here, have these ... i want them back though
  • TrixieCatTrixieCat Posts: 5,756
    Serious question. Do most of you ever get away from your pcs and interact much, with people of the opposite sex? It's a complex world of relationships and social interaction out there. The semiotics are very hard to limit down to stereotypes of behaviour. You wouldn't think so, reading some of the bollocks on here. Just a thought.
    Hi finsburyparkcarrots.
    :)
    Generalizations are commonplace here.
    I can tell the difference between someone admiring me and wanting to do things to me that may put them in jail. It's life. Some are skeezy, some are just admiring. Like a painting or a poem.
    I have also almost broken my neck falling off the treadmill at the gym while watching a man do pullups...
    Cause I'm broken when I'm lonesome
    And I don't feel right when you're gone away
    The Champ wrote:
    I'm with you on this dunk. That was a bit of a reach to say the least, and a very inappropriate and careless comment. If a chick is wearing something like this http://ballsandwalnuts.com/wp-content/uploads/2007/04/cleavage_1.jpg you can bet your sweet ass she did so for the purpose of Men's attention..(or women if a lesbo)..

cheers Champ

i especially liked your capitalisation of the word "Men's" and the word 'lesbo'

:D
  • TrixieCat wrote:
    Hi finsburyparkcarrots.
    :)
    Generalizations are commonplace here.
    I can tell the difference between someone admiring me and wanting to do things to me that may put them in jail. It's life. Some are skeezy, some are just admiring. Like a painting or a poem.
    I have also almost broken my neck falling off the treadmill at the gym while watching a man do pullups...

Ah, but you're just cool. :)
  • before I sign off I want it made clear that ogling does not make you a rapist :rolleyes: cos I know how some of you love to make assumptions... and it doesn't give you a rapists mentality. But from a woman's point of view, if I wasn't on site, if I was walking down a dark street on my own and that happened I'd be fucking scared... and not of the ogling... but cos of the potential.
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life