Howard Stern

Comments

• solsurfrsolsurfr Posts: 207
    are they on vacation next week? I thought I heard that they were...
  • ChrissybChrissyb Posts: 122
    Where did you get that info?

Shuli was talking about it this morning on the Jay Thomas show.

edit: Yes they are on vacation next week.
    **find what you love, love what you find**
  • normnorm Posts: 31,146

yep!
  • NY PJ1NY PJ1 Posts: 9,533

yes vacation next week
  • AllNiteThingAllNiteThing Posts: 1,114
    "Why don't you come by the studio and ride the sybian.

topless!

T-O-P-L-E-S-S"

I love that phony phone call to the old woman using Ronnie's voice, and her yelling 'No!!!'. :cool: :D Gets me every time.
    24 years old, mid-life crisis
    nowadays hits you when you're young
    that was crazy

good old youtube

and if he doesnt put this on howard tv im canceling

frig that ,, its part of the show that needs to be seen
  • ChrissybChrissyb Posts: 122
    NY PJ1 wrote:
    that was crazy

good old youtube

I completely agree.. I can't wait to see it.. they aired the AJ thing so I think they will air this.

I'm listening to a replay of the superfan roundtable .. Ralph doesn't think he's coming back.. I hate Ralph.
    **find what you love, love what you find**
  • rriversrrivers Posts: 3,696
    NY PJ1 wrote:
    that was crazy

good old youtube

I agree NYPJ1. How is this different from his fight with Sal or John vs. AJ Benza? Air the show. It's out there anyway. Just in this thread there are 3 different websites where you can find it.

Robin yelling was great. You can really hear how annoyed she is with this. I agree with her. Why can't Artie have an argument without wanting to punch someone who is half his size? He's a caveman. I used to like him on the show, but I would be glad if he left for good, which I doubt he will because he knows he won't get the same number of people at his shows and Howard likes him too much.
    "We're fixed good, lamp-wise."
    Chrissyb wrote:
    I completely agree.. I can't wait to see it.. they aired the AJ thing so I think they will air this.

I'm listening to a replay of the superfan roundtable .. Ralph doesn't think he's coming back.. I hate Ralph.

HE'S A DOUCHE
    rrivers wrote:
    I agree NYPJ1. How is this different from his fight with Sal or John vs. AJ Benza? Air the show. It's out there anyway. Just in this thread there are 3 different websites where you can find it.

Robin yelling was great. You can really hear how annoyed she is with this. I agree with her. Why can't Artie have an argument without wanting to punch someone who is half his size? He's a caveman. I used to like him on the show, but I would be glad if he left for good, which I doubt he will because he knows he won't get the same number of people at his shows and Howard likes him too much.

totally should be aired
    and it was bad, but in all reality it was an argument
    nobody got hurt or anything (besides feelings)

the fans need to see this !!!

as for artie..i wouldnt be surprised if he didnt make it back from amstersam
    i hope not,,but i wouldnt be shocked
  • NickyNoochNickyNooch Posts: 629
    Artie is completely self destructing. It's really sad because I clearly think the past 2 years were the best years in the Stern show history.

Artie is hilarious. Granted I haven't had a chance yet to listen to the infamous show from yesterday, but I honestly took Sal's side the last fight, but I still think Artie adds comedic value to the show that is not replaceable.

I really hope Artie is back in 2 weeks on Monday. They should have him back on the condition he sees a psychiatrist. IMO.

This article below has the top 5 Artie replacements... no Jackie mention though? I would be happy to see Jackie back if he wanted to.

http://weblogs.newsday.com/entertainment/celebrities_blog/2008/04/possible_replacements_for_arti.html

I want Artie back, but if no Artie, I'd prefer Jackie over anyone else.

Oh yeah and pay Riley Martin! I love the show!

9/17/95-New Orleans,LA 8/14/00-New Orleans,LA 4/8/03-New Orleans,LA 4/13/03-Tampa,FL 10/8/04-Kissimmee,FL 8/5/07-Chicago,IL 6/16/08-Columbia,SC 6/23/09-(EV Solo)Atlanta,GA 5/1/10-New Orleans,LA 9/21/12-Pensacola,FL 11/1/13-New Orleans,LA 4/11/16-Tampa,FL  4/23/16-New Orleans,LA

• Flannel ShirtFlannel Shirt Posts: 1,021
    Artie will be back when they return, or....suspended for a bit. He is not leaving the show or being asked to leave.
    That is my prediction. I am 2-0 with predictions in here (Giants and Red Sox).

Jackie would suck. he comes back and I stop listening. he is not funny at all. Greg FitzSimmons is hands down the replacement if necessary. The guy is hilarious and fits right in. And no, I am not his agent.

He’s beetle
    He’s as bad as can
    And he knows
    He’s the best

This is beetle
    Is as bad as can
    He knows
    He’s the best

He’s big and he’s strong
    And he knows he is badder
    And he knows what he gets
    He knows what he knows
    He knows what we have
    He knows what he gets
    It gets better

Beetle is as bad as can
    He knows he’s the best
    This is beetle
    Is as bad as can
    He knows he's the best

He’s big and he’s strong
    And he knows he is badder
    And he know what he gets
    He knows what he knows
    And he knows what we have
    He knows what he gets
    It gets better
    And he’s a tough guy
    And he knows and he knows the best i can

He’s beetle
    He’s as bad as can
    He knows he’s the best
    Beetle
    Is as bad as can
    And he knows he’s the best
    This is beetle
    Is as bad as can

It's beetle
    It's beetle
    It's beetle
    It's beetle

Beetle

It's beetle
    It's beetle

It's beetle
    He’s as bad as can
    It's beetle
    Is as bad as can
    And he knows he’s the B-e-e-e-e-e-e-st
    All that's sacred, comes from youth....dedications, naive and true.
  • PJ_SalukiPJ_Saluki Posts: 1,006
    Wow, I never listen to Howard Stern but I listened to that. Talk about nuts.
    "Almost all those politicians took money from Enron, and there they are holding hearings. That's like O.J. Simpson getting in the Rae Carruth jury pool." -- Charles Barkley
    The Sternfannetwork site was down yesterday due to all the traffic but it's back up today.

Here's some names they are mentioning for filling in, should artie not be there monday after next. (Some of them are pretty wild ideas)

Jackie Martling
    Greg Fizsimmons
    George Tekai
    Dave Attell
    Andy Richter
    Rev Bob Levy
    Nick Depalo
    John Hein
    Gilbert Gotfried
    Colin Quinn
    Benjy
    Dave Chappelle (yeah right, $$$)

I'd say the overwhelming 2 majority leaders on the board is Jackie vs. Greg Fitzsimmons.

I think Gilbert would be a great fit (I never thought of that till reading that board), I still say I prefer Artie to anyone, but Jackie would still be my #2.

9/17/95-New Orleans,LA 8/14/00-New Orleans,LA 4/8/03-New Orleans,LA 4/13/03-Tampa,FL 10/8/04-Kissimmee,FL 8/5/07-Chicago,IL 6/16/08-Columbia,SC 6/23/09-(EV Solo)Atlanta,GA 5/1/10-New Orleans,LA 9/21/12-Pensacola,FL 11/1/13-New Orleans,LA 4/11/16-Tampa,FL  4/23/16-New Orleans,LA

• FunkdogFunkdog Posts: 85

topless!

T-O-P-L-E-S-S"

I love that phony phone call to the old woman using Ronnie's voice, and her yelling 'No!!!'. :cool: :D Gets me every time.

"Topless, no problem with that? You'll do it, when you get here you'll do it. Yeah she sounds real immature though."

I also like the one where the guy snaps saying "I'll pay ya to meet ya, I'll pay ya to meet ya, where are ya! Done deal pal!!!"

It's a shame the show's off for all of next week while we're all in limbo on the status of Baby Gorilla. I'm bummed that he's so self destructive that he's going to ruin his run on the show. I think at this point Howard should call his bluff and have him quit the show for good or sign a clause stating that if he calls in sick too much or snaps again like that he's out for good. I'm kinda tired of the back and forth he does saying he loves being on the show but hates the hours and you notice he never misses a gig or an outside of the show appearance no mater where it's at but then he sleeps during the show. I know there's tons of guys that would line up to take over his spot, but whether or not they'll ever be as good as Artie who knows. However, I felt that losing Jackie was gonna make the show crap, but Artie has been above and beyond everything I expected. Unfortunately for all of us we have to wait 10 days to see what happens.
    "Trying is the first step towards failure" - H.J.S.

"I have come here to chew bubble-gum, and kick ass! And I'm all out of bubble-gum!" R.P.
  • CorduroyboyCorduroyboy Posts: 1,256
    Jackie filling in, are you nuts??!! No way you'd ever see that happen. Throw Gilbert in for a bit!!

As for Artie, I agree that some of the funniest times on Howard have been since he has been part of the crew. His stories, his antics, his personality have been so great for the show. Despite all the good, he's a self loathing person who doesn't give a shit about the good that's going on around him. Howard never takes any action for Artie's inadequacies on the show. Everyone walks on egg shells around Artie. Maybe if the show disciplined him a bit more, he'd show up for the job that pays him well and has given him all the fame he's received in the past few years. His gigs would be shit if he wasn't on Stern. As much as I'd hate to see him leave, I'd rather see a dedicated person sitting there who appreciates the job, not one who is using it as a rung on the ladder to get higher.
  • Flannel ShirtFlannel Shirt Posts: 1,021
    NickyNooch wrote:
    The Sternfannetwork site was down yesterday due to all the traffic but it's back up today.

Here's some names they are mentioning for filling in, should artie not be there monday after next. (Some of them are pretty wild ideas)

Jackie Martling
    Greg Fizsimmons
    George Tekai
    Dave Attell
    Andy Richter
    Rev Bob Levy
    Nick Depalo
    John Hein
    Gilbert Gotfried
    Colin Quinn
    Benjy
    Dave Chappelle (yeah right, $$$)

I'd say the overwhelming 2 majority leaders on the board is Jackie vs. Greg Fitzsimmons.

I think Gilbert would be a great fit (I never thought of that till reading that board), I still say I prefer Artie to anyone, but Jackie would still be my #2.
    I could not take Gilberts voice daily. That would drive me nuts. Hello NFL channel and Ferrell replays on the way to work if that were to happen.

Quinn, Attell, and Fitzsimmons are the only ones that make any sense.
    All that's sacred, comes from youth....dedications, naive and true.
    I could not take Gilberts voice daily. That would drive me nuts. Hello NFL channel and Ferrell replays on the way to work if that were to happen.

Quinn, Attell, and Fitzsimmons are the only ones that make any sense.

Who we really need in the seat is Jim Florentine!!
    Who we really need in the seat is Jim Florentine!!

Not gonna happen due to the dating thing. Honestly Robin acts different when Jim is there... it would take away from the show to have him there full time.

NickyNooch wrote:
    Not gonna happen due to the dating thing. Honestly Robin acts different when Jim is there... it would take away from the show to have him there full time.

Oh I know it would never happen. It was just a joke. We can kill 2 birds with one stone. Get rid of Artie and Robin and put Sal and Richard up front!
    They might just go without a guy in that seat.
  • joebotjoebot Posts: 372
    I can only take Sal and Richard in small doses. Artie and Atell are good friends so it would be weird for him to replace Artie if Artie leaves on bad terms (theres talk that sirius is looking into disciplining artie) Maybe they should have a rotating guest chair or at the least more Takei
  • in_hiding79in_hiding79 Posts: 4,315
    cutback wrote:
    audio of the fight

artie's done.....if howard brings him back artie will never get better.....this sucks cuz i love artie on the show.....

It does SUCK ASS!!
    And so the lion fell in love with the lamb...,"
    "What a stupid lamb."
    "What a sick, masochistic lion."
  • Progress is not made by everyone joining some new fad,
    and reveling in it's loyalty. It's made by forming coalitions
    over specific principles, goals, and policies.

http://i36.tinypic.com/66j31x.jpg

(\__/)
    ( o.O)
    (")_(")
    its NOT ON HOWARD TV !!!!!!!!1

BULLCRAP
  • in_hiding79in_hiding79 Posts: 4,315
    cutback wrote:
    audio of the fight

artie's done.....if howard brings him back artie will never get better.....this sucks cuz i love artie on the show.....

THANK YOU...THANK YOU....I didn't get to hear this and this is awesome. I couldn't find it anywhere...:eek:

ARtie sounds like he is losing it bigtime!!!
    And so the lion fell in love with the lamb...,"
    "What a stupid lamb."
    "What a sick, masochistic lion."
    JUST WATCHED when he fell asleep on wed.

wow sad
    NY PJ1 wrote:
    its NOT ON HOWARD TV !!!!!!!!1

BULLCRAP

From that note on Howard TV, it looks like they might show it. Maybe there are legal reasons. I still agree they need to show it and play it on the radio.
  • thunderDANthunderDAN Posts: 2,094

topless!

T-O-P-L-E-S-S"

lol that is the best prank call there is.

I love all the Ronnie soundbytes..

"you don't know what it is to have fun. Scores man is all about meeting guys, meeting girls, Scores man knows how to have fun"
  • thunderDANthunderDAN Posts: 2,094
    this prank is really funny too. When Richard calls the lady selling something and has like 3 voices playing when he talks to her

http://foxbert.com/upload/3/34/The_Howard_Stern_Show_-_Richard_calls_lady_with_multiple_voices.mp3