Howard Stern

Comments

• rriversrrivers Posts: 3,696
    thunderDAN wrote:
    "you don't know what it is to have fun. Scores man is all about meeting guys, meeting girls, Scores man knows how to have fun"

Yeah, when he says "meeting guys" I laugh every time.
    "We're fixed good, lamp-wise."
  • NickyNoochNickyNooch Posts: 629
    thunderDAN wrote:
    lol that is the best prank call there is.

I love all the Ronnie soundbytes..

"you don't know what it is to have fun. Scores man is all about meeting guys, meeting girls, Scores man knows how to have fun"

Yeah I kinda like the "Rickyman" name now, just because it's even cheesier than Scoresman.

9/17/95-New Orleans,LA 8/14/00-New Orleans,LA 4/8/03-New Orleans,LA 4/13/03-Tampa,FL 10/8/04-Kissimmee,FL 8/5/07-Chicago,IL 6/16/08-Columbia,SC 6/23/09-(EV Solo)Atlanta,GA 5/1/10-New Orleans,LA 9/21/12-Pensacola,FL 11/1/13-New Orleans,LA 4/11/16-Tampa,FL  4/23/16-New Orleans,LA

• PJOceans11PJOceans11 Posts: 135
    9-1-00, 9-2-00, 4-28-03, 5-3-03, 7-1-03, 7-2-03, 7-3-03, 7-5-03, 7-6-03, 7-8-03, 7-9-03, 7-12-03, 10-1-04, 9-30-05, 10-1-05, 10-3-05, 5-13-06, 5-27-06, 5-28-06, 6-1-06, 6-3-06, 6-19-08, 6-20-08, 6-24-08 and 6-25-08.
  • thunderDANthunderDAN Posts: 2,094
    PJOceans11 wrote:

I'm Scoresman, got a tattoo
  • thunderDANthunderDAN Posts: 2,094
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0u517W62rpU&feature=related

Done Deal Pal!! Done Deal. T.K.O ya hear me pal. Gimmie your adress
  • I think the best way to replace Artie would be to have a different comic every week. This is probably the best thing that could have happened for the Stern show. I think Artie wanted out a long time ago and couldn't bring himself to admit it, thus the weight gain. The schedule he had himself on isn't the greatest thing for a single person, no social life. He was alot calmer when he was with Dana. Maybe the next Chris Rock will be discovered. This isn't a bit, ratings don't matter anymore. I wish Artie the best, but all things must pass.
  • tybirdtybird Posts: 17,388
    stoneddude wrote:
    I think the best way to replace Artie would be to have a different comic every week. This is probably the best thing that could have happened for the Stern show. I think Artie wanted out a long time ago and couldn't bring himself to admit it, thus the weight gain. The schedule he had himself on isn't the greatest thing for a single person, no social life. He was alot calmer when he was with Dana. Maybe the next Chris Rock will be discovered. This isn't a bit, ratings don't matter anymore. I wish Artie the best, but all things must pass.
    I forgot to listen in this A.M., so Artie is done???
    All the world will be your enemy, Prince with a thousand enemies, and whenever they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you, digger, listener, runner, prince with the swift warning. Be cunning and full of tricks and your people shall never be destroyed.
  • NY PJ1NY PJ1 Posts: 9,533
    tybird wrote:
    I forgot to listen in this A.M., so Artie is done???
    the show is on vacation all week

next monday we shall see whats up
  • in_hiding79in_hiding79 Posts: 4,315
    NY PJ1 wrote:
    the show is on vacation all week

next monday we shall see whats up

I know it, It was my first day back at work and my drive was nothing but reruns....:(

I hate when he is on vacation, but I will survive...

:)
    And so the lion fell in love with the lamb...,"
    "What a stupid lamb."
    "What a sick, masochistic lion."
    although stuttering john interviewing danny glover was awesome this morning
  • tybirdtybird Posts: 17,388
    NY PJ1 wrote:
    although stuttering john interviewing danny glover was awesome this morning
    Was it as good as his interview of Liza Minnelli way back when?
    All the world will be your enemy, Prince with a thousand enemies, and whenever they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you, digger, listener, runner, prince with the swift warning. Be cunning and full of tricks and your people shall never be destroyed.
    tybird wrote:
    Was it as good as his interview of Liza Minnelli way back when?

i was just laughing with all the stuttering going on
    stern was abusing him lol

probably not as good as liza
    stoneddude wrote:
    I think the best way to replace Artie would be to have a different comic every week. This is probably the best thing that could have happened for the Stern show. I think Artie wanted out a long time ago and couldn't bring himself to admit it, thus the weight gain. The schedule he had himself on isn't the greatest thing for a single person, no social life. He was alot calmer when he was with Dana. Maybe the next Chris Rock will be discovered. This isn't a bit, ratings don't matter anymore. I wish Artie the best, but all things must pass.

Amazing, I disagree with every one of your points! congratulations!

Different comic: I don't like this idea because then every week it will feel like there is an outisder in there. You need someone who will be there every day so you can have stories and things carry over from week to week. Plus not every comic is good at throwing out one liners and chiming at the right time. I like Rev. Bob Levy, but he's not good at this. So if you have different comics every week, there will be weeks when the person doesn't mesh well with the cast and it will suck.

Weight gain: I don't think Artie gained the weight because he wanted out, I think he has no willpower or self-control. The weight gain made him more interesting on the show so there was more to talk to him about which made him more visible and more popular with the fans which then sold more tickets to his shows.

Schedule: single people can handle the schedule. Everyone else on the show handled it at some point in their life. It is easier now because they only work 4 days a week, so you can go out late Thurs, Fri, and Sat. if you want and you could even go out to dinner during the week. All he had to do is what Howard told him ie take a short nap after the show and then go to sleep at 8 or 9pm. A lot of single people have schedules like this except they don't get afternooons off.

Dana: First of all it's Daner. Second I think Daner did have something to do with it but he was also calmer because he was new to the show and didn't start taking advantage of things until he had been there a few years.
    Robin's on Bubba right now. She just said that water bottles were flying and some hit the glass of her booth.

They really need to put this on Howard TV!
  • NoCode_inMTNoCode_inMT Posts: 551
    He's baaaaacccckkkkk!!!

Long live Artie!!!
    1998-6/20, 6/21
    2003-6/1, 10/25
    2005-8/29, 9/4
    2006-7/2, 7/22, 7/23
    2008-4/15(EV solo)
    2009-9/21, 9/22, 9/28
    2011-9/3, 9/4
    2012-9/30
    2013-7/19, 11/30
    He's baaaaacccckkkkk!!!

Long live Artie!!!

weed and pancakes lol
  • Can someone give an update on the Artie situation. What happened today.
    No sirius for me right now.
    PJ - 36
    EV - 5
    (**Letterman'02, Irving Plaza, Storytellers, Beacon, ACL, Spectrum 3&4, Bridge School '10**)

"Constant recoil,..sometimes life don't leave you alone."
    Let's connect on twitter - @Jeffgorra
    Can someone give an update on the Artie situation. What happened today.
    No sirius for me right now.

I just heard the first hour, but Artie is back and he said he was wrong. He went to Amsterdam, smoked weed and ate pancakes. He said Teddy would still work with him, but he was going to get someone else to do the "secretarial" work.
  • normnorm Posts: 31,146
    rrivers wrote:
    I just heard the first hour, but Artie is back and he said he was wrong. He went to Amsterdam, smoked weed and ate pancakes. He said Teddy would still work with him, but he was going to get someone else to do the "secretarial" work.

that's it! no suspension or better yet THERAPY for artie?!!?
    cutback wrote:
    that's it! no suspension or better yet THERAPY for artie?!!?

No suspension that I heard. They said that Sirius people talked to him and he talked to a therapist and I think he said he made an appointment. He also said Keith Ablow called him.
  • lksammktlksammkt Posts: 127
    whoa - Artie was busy this morning kissing everyones ass!
    I just keep moving on....
    lksammkt wrote:
    whoa - Artie was busy this morning kissing everyones ass!

No kidding! That's one of the things that annoys me about him. He takes every chance he gets to tell Howard that he is A-list. Who gives a fuck?
    they put the show on howard tv!!!!

gary is a p u ** y

the slow motion of him is classic and wil lol another girl lol
    NY PJ1 wrote:
    they put the show on howard tv!!!!
    gary is a p u ** y
    the slow motion of him is classic and wil lol another girl lol

Why is Gary a pussy?

The day of the fight, Artie was wearing a Yankee t-shirt with just a big NY on the chest. In the preview on howardtv.com they blur out the NY. How lame!

Here it is if you don't have Howard TV:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=aDltDzojpPg
    rrivers wrote:
    Why is Gary a pussy?

The day of the fight, Artie was wearing a Yankee t-shirt with just a big NY on the chest. In the preview on howardtv.com they blur out the NY. How lame!

Here it is if you don't have Howard TV:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=aDltDzojpPg

cause he was like im soooooo scared lol
    he was shaking for 10 minutes lol

and the way he ducked away when artie was coming out of the studio
    it was just funny in slow motion
  • normnorm Posts: 31,146
    rrivers wrote:

ronnie actually did his job!! i'll be damned the little midget came though and saved teddy :)
    Hey Stern fans,

After listening to Stern this week, head over to channel 24 to here some Pearl Jam.

Pearl Jam B-Sides Themselves Week
    Mon 4/28 - Sun 5/4
    Pearl Jam are touring this summer, and in honor of that, Lithium is presenting the Pearl Jam B-Sides Themselves week. We're going deep and live from one of the greatest rock bands of the '90s. Call now and make a request at 877-33-Sirius and tell us your favorite Pearl Jam moments and memories; we'll play some of your stories alongside deep and live cuts from Pearl Jam.
  • CorduroyboyCorduroyboy Posts: 1,256
    Listening to Jackie today was torture. OK, have Jackie on. He was a huge part of the show in the beginning, out of respect for his contributions, have him on. But to have him telling his stupid ass jokes on air today, I can barely listen to this shit. Notice how Artie says nothing when Jackie is in the room.
  • in_hiding79in_hiding79 Posts: 4,315
    Listening to Jackie today was torture. OK, have Jackie on. He was a huge part of the show in the beginning, out of respect for his contributions, have him on. But to have him telling his stupid ass jokes on air today, I can barely listen to this shit. Notice how Artie says nothing when Jackie is in the room.

I have noticed! Do you think Artie is jealous or what? Not that he has anything to be jealous of....Jackie is NOT FUNNY!! :)
    And so the lion fell in love with the lamb...,"
    "What a stupid lamb."
    "What a sick, masochistic lion."
  • ChrissybChrissyb Posts: 122
    rrivers wrote:
    Hey Stern fans,

After listening to Stern this week, head over to channel 24 to here some Pearl Jam.

Pearl Jam B-Sides Themselves Week
    Mon 4/28 - Sun 5/4
    Pearl Jam are touring this summer, and in honor of that, Lithium is presenting the Pearl Jam B-Sides Themselves week. We're going deep and live from one of the greatest rock bands of the '90s. Call now and make a request at 877-33-Sirius and tell us your favorite Pearl Jam moments and memories; we'll play some of your stories alongside deep and live cuts from Pearl Jam.

AWESOME!!
    I didn't realize your post was here and I made another one
    http://forums.pearljam.com/showthread.php?t=283653
    **find what you love, love what you find**