yeah but it was really funny :p:D:D
  • NY PJ1NY PJ1 Posts: 9,533
    Lizard wrote:
    Howard Stern really pissed off Dolly Parton!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :p

shes looking to sue him
  • NoCode_inMTNoCode_inMT Posts: 551
    NY PJ1 wrote:
    shes looking to sue him
    Too bad she dosen't get it like the 'Shat' does.
    1998-6/20, 6/21
    2003-6/1, 10/25
    2005-8/29, 9/4
    2006-7/2, 7/22, 7/23
    2008-4/15(EV solo)
    2009-9/21, 9/22, 9/28
    2011-9/3, 9/4
    2012-9/30
    2013-7/19, 11/30
  • thunderDANthunderDAN Posts: 2,094
    I remember Howard saying that they once tried booking Pearl Jam and only Stone and Jeff (and maybe Mike) could appear, and they canceled b/c Howard wanted Eddie there.... any chance they would do the show this summer? (assuming Howard isn't on vacation)
    thunderDAN wrote:
    I remember Howard saying that they once tried booking Pearl Jam and only Stone and Jeff (and maybe Mike) could appear, and they canceled b/c Howard wanted Eddie there.... any chance they would do the show this summer? (assuming Howard isn't on vacation)

personally i think no way
    NY PJ1 wrote:
    personally i think no way

see at first I thought it was b/c they had a problem with Howard, but if Stone and Jeff would go I imagine they must not have that big of a problem with them
  • rriversrrivers Posts: 3,696
    lksammkt wrote:
    Jessica is such a mess. Honestly I am kind of tired of listening to her menopause outburst lately.

Yeah she is really annoying. She sounds exactly the same yelling at Kinnison as she did yelling at Howard the other day.

The Wrap Up show yesterday was great.

I don't know why they just can't say when they are going to be off. They were talking about having Mike Walker on and Artie slipped in the wrap up show when he said something like "we'll talk about that....when we get back". It sounded like he was about to say tomorrow and then remembered they were off.

I think Ed wouldn't want to go on because Howard would ask him all kinds of sex questions, which, in my opinion, is so old. Many times I wish he would talk about something else with the guests. I would rather listen to Jeff and Stone because they can actually have a conversation without saying "ummm...ummm...ummm" four hundred times in every sentence they try to sputter out.
    "We're fixed good, lamp-wise."
  • pjscreamerpjscreamer Posts: 599
    Jimmy Kimmel Jerry O'conell,Jeff Probost were great yesterday,Da Kid also luves when Shatner comes to the show.OH MY!
    Let's Go Yanks!
    96)Randalls Island I,II
    98)NJ,MSG I,II
    00) Virginia Beach Jones Beach I,II,III Saratoga Springs Seattle I
    03)Nassau Camden I MSG I,II NJ
    04)Boston I,II Reading
    05)Montreal Ottawa Toronto Borgata I,II Philly
    06) Irving plaza Albany Hartford Camden I,II NJ I,II LA I,II Gorge I,II
    07)Lolla
    08)Roo Camden I,II MSG I,II Hartford Beacon
    09)Chicago I,II Philly II,III,IV
    10)Hartford Newark MSG I,II
    11)PJ20 I,II
    13)Wrigley Brooklyn I,II Hartford
    14)Moline,milwaukee
    15)Central Park
    16)MSG I,II
    17)Wrigley I,II
    18)Wrigley I,II
    22)MSG,Camden
    24)MSG I,II
    pjscreamer wrote:
    Jimmy Kimmel Jerry O'conell,Jeff Probost were great yesterday,Da Kid also luves when Shatner comes to the show.OH MY!

Did anyone play along? I scored 150, 5 less than Kimmel.
  • normnorm Posts: 31,146
    rrivers wrote:
    Did anyone play along? I scored 150, 5 less than Kimmel.

i wasn't keeping score but i'm pretty sure i got almost all of them right....yep....loser right here :D
    has anyone noticed Eric from Hoboken? there is like this underground hatred of this guy on SFN because he calls in like 2-3x a week to tell Howard how great Howard TV is. It's funny because either Howard doesn't notice or he is paid to do so, but everyone on SFN hates him because he will call in and totally change the direction of the show and get Howard to talk about how everyone should get it.

Since I became aware of it I really look forward to his calls, and they do happen like every other day
  • HailHailVitalogyHailHailVitalogy Posts: 5,131
    thunderDAN wrote:
    has anyone noticed Eric from Hoboken? there is like this underground hatred of this guy on SFN because he calls in like 2-3x a week to tell Howard how great Howard TV is. It's funny because either Howard doesn't notice or he is paid to do so, but everyone on SFN hates him because he will call in and totally change the direction of the show and get Howard to talk about how everyone should get it.

Since I became aware of it I really look forward to his calls, and they do happen like every other day

that guys so fuckin annoying!! hes been doing it since i can remember
    2003: Uniondale, MSG x2 | 2004: Reading | 2005: Gorge, Vancouver, Philly | 2006: East Rutherford x2, Gorge x2, Camden 1, Hartford | 2008: MSG x2, VA Beach | 2009: Philly x3 | 2010: MSG x2, Bristow | 2011: Alpine Valley x2 | 2012: MIA Philly | 2013: Wrigley, Charlottesville, Brooklyn 2 | 2014: Milan, Amsterdam 1 | 2016: MSG x2, Fenway x2, Wrigley 2 | 2018: Rome, Krakow, Berlin, Wrigley 2 | 2021: Sea Hear Now | 2022: San Diego, LA x2, MSG, Camden, Nashville, St. Louis, Denver | 2023: St. Paul 1, Chicago x2, Fort Worth x2, Austin 2 | 2024: Las Vegas 1, Seattle x2, Indy, MSG x2, Philly x2, Baltimore
    thunderDAN wrote:

I recognize the name, but I don't remember what his calls were about. I wonder if he is paid to do so. That is really lame if it's true.
  • igotid88igotid88 Posts: 27,792
    thunderDAN wrote:

I remember on one show a couple of weeks back. Robin wondered if Howard or someone was paying some guy who called in about Howard TV. Not sure if it was the same guy.
    I miss igotid88
    igotid88 wrote:
    I remember on one show a couple of weeks back. Robin wondered if Howard or someone was paying some guy who called in about Howard TV. Not sure if it was the same guy.

it's the same guy. He is the only one that calls about it. He doesn't even try to talk about anything else. a typical call with be:

"Hey Howard, I was watching that new special on Howard TV last night and I just wanted to say how awesome Howard TV is, everyone should have it"

....which will get a

"you know this guy is right, they have a ton of specials coming up on Howard TV this week. ...Doug when is the _____show going to be on? (Doug through new intercom) alright that show will be on tonight.. you know I have to say if you are a fan of the show you really gotta see Howard TV and all the amazing things going up on there" from Howard

then they will talk about the Howard TV specials for another 10 minutes
  • YourDirtisMyfoodYourDirtisMyfood Posts: 4,641
    Fire down the Rabbit Hole Rules!
  • YourDirtisMyfoodYourDirtisMyfood Posts: 4,641
    Farrell sucks by the way. I can't say it jumped the shark cause I don't think it ever got in the air to begin with.
    Farrell sucks by the way. I can't say it jumped the shark cause I don't think it ever got in the air to begin with.

I think his show would be interesting, but I can't get past his voice. I think it's a good idea to have a sports themed show, but they should have the one they have thrown around with Gary and Artie although Gary would annoy the crap out of me like he does anytime he talks and Howard isn't there to shut him up before he goes into his hour long stories. His favorite things to say are "it's the weirdest thing" and "the funniest thing happened" or some variation of those phrases, and the always potent "you know what I mean". Everything that happens to him cannot be "the weirdest thing"
  • Flannel ShirtFlannel Shirt Posts: 1,021
    rrivers wrote:
    I think his show would be interesting, but I can't get past his voice. I think it's a good idea to have a sports themed show, but they should have the one they have thrown around with Gary and Artie although Gary would annoy the crap out of me like he does anytime he talks and Howard isn't there to shut him up before he goes into his hour long stories. His favorite things to say are "it's the weirdest thing" and "the funniest thing happened" or some variation of those phrases, and the always potent "you know what I mean". Everything that happens to him cannot be "the weirdest thing"
    Gary is essentially the "Chunk" of the show....

i think Ferrall has the coolest sports show on radio. it took a while, but I gave it a chance and its a great show (bubba however has to go...his show was eaten by the shark and is now shark shit lying in the depths of the ocean we call howard 101)

Gary and Artie doing a sports show...a guy talking about the mets and jets all the time while Artie calls him gay. repeat for however many hours.
    All that's sacred, comes from youth....dedications, naive and true.
    i can listen to 5 hours of jd and gary abuse lol

i was crying this morning ,,these are the days i wish my commute was longer
    I love Ferrell. I call into the show all the time
  • HailHailVitalogyHailHailVitalogy Posts: 5,131
    NY PJ1 wrote:

do you remember the rant they went on for like 2 hours about JD's mom? That she met a samoan in hawaii and got married and left JD. That had me absolutely crying, i pulled over too.

That and the first time Artie and Crazy Alice went at it for an hour, i had to pull over for that as well
    2003: Uniondale, MSG x2 | 2004: Reading | 2005: Gorge, Vancouver, Philly | 2006: East Rutherford x2, Gorge x2, Camden 1, Hartford | 2008: MSG x2, VA Beach | 2009: Philly x3 | 2010: MSG x2, Bristow | 2011: Alpine Valley x2 | 2012: MIA Philly | 2013: Wrigley, Charlottesville, Brooklyn 2 | 2014: Milan, Amsterdam 1 | 2016: MSG x2, Fenway x2, Wrigley 2 | 2018: Rome, Krakow, Berlin, Wrigley 2 | 2021: Sea Hear Now | 2022: San Diego, LA x2, MSG, Camden, Nashville, St. Louis, Denver | 2023: St. Paul 1, Chicago x2, Fort Worth x2, Austin 2 | 2024: Las Vegas 1, Seattle x2, Indy, MSG x2, Philly x2, Baltimore
    do you remember the rant they went on for like 2 hours about JD's mom? That she met a samoan in hawaii and got married and left JD. That had me absolutely crying, i pulled over too.

That and the first time Artie and Crazy Alice went at it for an hour, i had to pull over for that as well

FUNNY SHIT

anything with J D is IMO
    NY PJ1 wrote:

You are right about Gary abuse. I wish they would put together a weekend of classic busting Gary's balls bits.

In my opinion, the show is always at it's best when there are no guests and it is just talking about the cast. That's why I listen. Not for the naked girls or the gross shit.
    rrivers wrote:
    You are right about Gary abuse. I wish they would put together a weekend of classic busting Gary's balls bits.

In my opinion, the show is always at it's best when there are no guests and it is just talking about the cast. That's why I listen. Not for the naked girls or the gross shit.

agreed :)

best of the week on fridays....about friggin time :)
    cutback wrote:
    agreed :)

best of the week on fridays....about friggin time :)

Is that what Fridays are going to be now? That's awesome! I never would listen on Fridays but I will now! Will they still have the replays on the weekend?
    rrivers wrote:
    Is that what Fridays are going to be now? That's awesome! I never would listen on Fridays but I will now! Will they still have the replays on the weekend?

Fridays suck because they replay whatever they play over and over. It's not like its a show for that day where you can listen back and catch what you missed because it doesn't matter if you miss something on a Friday.

I think they should play a bunch of different things on Fridays like phony phone calls, songs, everything but don't replay it.
    thunderDAN wrote:
    Fridays suck because they replay whatever they play over and over. It's not like its a show for that day where you can listen back and catch what you missed because it doesn't matter if you miss something on a Friday.

I think they should play a bunch of different things on Fridays like phony phone calls, songs, everything but don't replay it.

Yeah I agree with you about playing phone calls, etc. I went to sternfannetwork and a lot of people are bitching about it. Granted people there bitch about everything, but I can see their point. If you listen to the show all week, I can understand wanting something new on Friday.

But for me, it's great because I miss a lot of the show and don't always get to catch up on weekends.
    rrivers wrote:

it sounds like they are picking the best segements of the week and playing them at 6 am east/west....at 3/noon west coast, master tape theater starts.....i assume weekends are the same as always
  • NickyNoochNickyNooch Posts: 629

9/17/95-New Orleans,LA 8/14/00-New Orleans,LA 4/8/03-New Orleans,LA 4/13/03-Tampa,FL 10/8/04-Kissimmee,FL 8/5/07-Chicago,IL 6/16/08-Columbia,SC 6/23/09-(EV Solo)Atlanta,GA 5/1/10-New Orleans,LA 9/21/12-Pensacola,FL 11/1/13-New Orleans,LA 4/11/16-Tampa,FL  4/23/16-New Orleans,LA