Howard Stern

Comments

• in_hiding79in_hiding79 Posts: 4,315
    inmyrvm wrote:
    ugh it will be a long ride to work........

Yep. it sucks ass!
    And so the lion fell in love with the lamb...,"
    "What a stupid lamb."
    "What a sick, masochistic lion."
  • this vacation shit blows. if they are going to play "best of", keep it within his time at sirius. I have heard 99% of the best of 10000 times.
    All that's sacred, comes from youth....dedications, naive and true.
  • CorduroyboyCorduroyboy Posts: 1,256
    rrivers wrote:
    vacation this week...

of course the week I'm back in NY visiting family and can listen to him on east coast time, he's off!!!
    Trailer wrote:
    My sister loves Howard... but she's not on this board;)

Your sister rocks...:p
    "What a stupid lamb."
  • rriversrrivers Posts: 3,696
    of course the week I'm back in NY visiting family and can listen to him on east coast time, he's off!!!

I was in NY in the summer of 2006 and ran into Artie walking down the street. I shook his hand. It was a really quick meeting.
    "We're fixed good, lamp-wise."
    Freaky!! He looked better without them!
  • normnorm Posts: 31,146
    baba booey joining the friars club is some of the funniest shit ever...:D:D:D
    cutback wrote:
    baba booey joining the friars club is some of the funniest shit ever...:D:D:D

I agree. I think if I had a choice of one bit to do on the show, it would be for Howard to make fun of Gary. I always crack up at it.

I missed Howard's rant about Stuttering John last week. Does anyone know where I can listen to it?
    rrivers wrote:
    I agree. I think if I had a choice of one bit to do on the show, it would be for Howard to make fun of Gary. I always crack up at it.

I missed Howard's rant about Stuttering John last week. Does anyone know where I can listen to it?

I freakin LOVE when Howard makes fun of Gary!! Too funny...

Jeff the drunk is funny!! Artie does a great impression of him!!

Damn, I love that show...
    "What a stupid lamb."
  • pjl44pjl44 Posts: 9,192
    "Friar Artie, it's Friar Booey!" That was hilarious...
    Thought some of you might find this interesting:

Pics of Howard's house in the Hamptons

http://www.sternfannetwork.com/forum/showthread.php?threadid=344625&perpage=15&pagenumber=2

Scroll down.
  • thunderDANthunderDAN Posts: 2,094
    rrivers wrote:

http://www.sternfannetwork.com/forum/showthread.php?threadid=344625&perpage=15&pagenumber=2

Scroll down.

did you see the apartment he bought? He purchased an apartment directly below his so he could connect them. I think he has a 3 floor penthouse now.

http://www.thesmokinggun.com/archive/sternapt1.html
    thunderDAN wrote:
    did you see the apartment he bought? He purchased an apartment directly below his so he could connect them. I think he has a 3 floor penthouse now.

http://www.thesmokinggun.com/archive/sternapt1.html

Thanks. Nice to see where our $13 a month is going. Actually $23 for me because I have HowardTV.
    rrivers wrote:

Scroll down.

I'd be living in the same place if I had his cash and career!
  • My father-in-law did a lot of work at Stern's house.
    I'd be living in the same place if I had his cash and career!

I agree. I love how a lot of people on that thread are saying how he shouldn't have a house that big, etc. Homeless people could look at us and say we shouldn't have satelitte radio. It's all relative.
  • lksammktlksammkt Posts: 127
    This morning there was a little shout out on Stern about Eric the Midgets Bday party. Well Pure Gold is this strip club about 5 minutes away from my work in Rancho Cordova.
    I don't know why Howard lets him on the air - he is just a time waster.
    I just keep moving on....
    lksammkt wrote:
    This morning there was a little shout out on Stern about Eric the Midgets Bday party. Well Pure Gold is this strip club about 5 minutes away from my work in Rancho Cordova.
    I don't know why Howard lets him on the air - he is just a time waster.

I love ETM!

lksammkt, I live in Roseville! Are you going to any of the Ed solo shows?
  • NickyNoochNickyNooch Posts: 629
    What did Eric say on his return to Stern... I missed it.

Gee weren't we all stunned to hear that Eric can't stay away from the Stern show haha.

9/17/95-New Orleans,LA 8/14/00-New Orleans,LA 4/8/03-New Orleans,LA 4/13/03-Tampa,FL 10/8/04-Kissimmee,FL 8/5/07-Chicago,IL 6/16/08-Columbia,SC 6/23/09-(EV Solo)Atlanta,GA 5/1/10-New Orleans,LA 9/21/12-Pensacola,FL 11/1/13-New Orleans,LA 4/11/16-Tampa,FL  4/23/16-New Orleans,LA

rrivers wrote:
    Thanks. Nice to see where our $13 a month is going. Actually $23 for me because I have HowardTV.

LOL

ME too!!! I have to have HowardTV!
    "What a stupid lamb."
    NickyNooch wrote:
    What did Eric say on his return to Stern... I missed it.

Gee weren't we all stunned to hear that Eric can't stay away from the Stern show haha.

He said he wasn't on the show, even though Howard tried to convince him that he was on the show. I only heard parts of his segment, but the screen said "Eric the Midget calls in and apologizes." I didn't hear an apology. Maybe someone else can shed light on this.

Is anyone else really annoyed by Richard lately with all his whining about his bits not being played? He was complaining on the Wrap Up show yesterday that he hated hearing Eric because he knew it would take time away from his stuff. Just shut up and let Howard run the show!

I have to give him credit though, that phone call they played Wednesday with him calling the high school reunion had me crying from laughing so hard.
    rrivers wrote:
    I have to give him credit though, that phone call they played Wednesday with him calling the high school reunion had me crying from laughing so hard.

Aw I missed that one! I'd like to hear it! Maybe the replays.

The 'Dead or Alive cover of You Spin Me Round Like a Record' to 'I want Robin's Bround Mounds' is a 10! Hilarious.

9/17/95-New Orleans,LA 8/14/00-New Orleans,LA 4/8/03-New Orleans,LA 4/13/03-Tampa,FL 10/8/04-Kissimmee,FL 8/5/07-Chicago,IL 6/16/08-Columbia,SC 6/23/09-(EV Solo)Atlanta,GA 5/1/10-New Orleans,LA 9/21/12-Pensacola,FL 11/1/13-New Orleans,LA 4/11/16-Tampa,FL  4/23/16-New Orleans,LA

i hate mastertape theater....
    cutback wrote:

I agree. They should just have Wack Pack Mastertape Theater or something. Like an all Hank the Dwarf day or an all Beetlejuice day.

cutback wrote:

Yeah I only listen to it if it's post 2001, even then I wish they would just rerun the weeks' shows.
    NickyNooch wrote:
    Aw I missed that one! I'd like to hear it! Maybe the replays.

The 'Dead or Alive cover of You Spin Me Round Like a Record' to 'I want Robin's Bround Mounds' is a 10! Hilarious.

The high school reunion call is great. Ethel (richard) keeps asking the guy if he remembers people like Fred Norris, etc. Then he gets crazier and crazier and at one point he asks the guy if he remembers when someone (Artie maybe) got bit by a werewolf and the reunion guy had to shoot him with a silver bullet. I am cracking up thinking about it now.
  • Flannel ShirtFlannel Shirt Posts: 1,021
    rrivers wrote:
    Yeah I only listen to it if it's post 2001, even then I wish they would just rerun the weeks' shows.
    I agree. Its tough to follow when many of the discussions references current events....from 1997.

A "best of the week" would be good. It would require a lot of work on Thursday night, but so be it.

And Bubba...that show is getting old fast. Its just not funny. Howard or whoevers in charge should give Brent his own show. The rest of them suck. I tried listening today when they had Tucker Carlson on and it was just lame.

Put Cavino and Rich on Friday mornings. Better than the crap on now, and those guys are pretty funny.
    All that's sacred, comes from youth....dedications, naive and true.
    rrivers wrote:

or do a best of the week....
  • AllNiteThingAllNiteThing Posts: 1,114
    rrivers wrote:
    The high school reunion call is great. Ethel (richard) keeps asking the guy if he remembers people like Fred Norris, etc. Then he gets crazier and crazier and at one point he asks the guy if he remembers when someone (Artie maybe) got bit by a werewolf and the reunion guy had to shoot him with a silver bullet. I am cracking up thinking about it now.

That was incredible. :) It would have been better if he called an old woman though. I think the man knew it was a goof halfway through, and besides, nothing's better than an old, offended pissed off woman in these prank calls.
    24 years old, mid-life crisis
    nowadays hits you when you're young
    I agree. Its tough to follow when many of the discussions references current events....from 1997.

A "best of the week" would be good. It would require a lot of work on Thursday night, but so be it.

And Bubba...that show is getting old fast. Its just not funny. Howard or whoevers in charge should give Brent his own show. The rest of them suck. I tried listening today when they had Tucker Carlson on and it was just lame.

Put Cavino and Rich on Friday mornings. Better than the crap on now, and those guys are pretty funny.

I like Bubba, the guy. Last Friday I wanted to listen to Jay Thomas' show, but when I got in my car a little before 8am Pacific Howard was on 100 and Bubba on 101. I listened to Bubba and it was ok, but not something I'm going to make a point to listen to. I think it is cool how Howard has set up the channels with stuff for a lot of different tastes. I did enjoy listening to Bubba and his guys talk about the presidential race. But I didn't get all the inside jokes and I can't get invested in learning a whole new show's lingo!