Howard Stern

Comments

• in_hiding79in_hiding79 Posts: 4,315
    thanks for posting that cutback!!
    And so the lion fell in love with the lamb...,"
    "What a stupid lamb."
    "What a sick, masochistic lion."
  • lksammktlksammkt Posts: 127
    I know I can't wait to go to Vegas tomorrow...I don't know if I will try to see Gary - but probably stay at the Bay and watch Artie.
    I have been a fan for awhile and must say that it is probably one of my highlights of the day. Sad to say - but it is a good way to start the day.
    As far as the show these days - it is awesome! Except I am tired of hearing Eric the midget call in and Sal cry to Howard.

Nonetheless I am off to Vegas for the weekend and take in Arties live act!!!
    That will be so fun...

sometimes Artie gets on my nerves...Howard,Robin & Fred NEVER do, but Artie does!!

I love Howard Stern!!
    I just keep moving on....
    lksammkt wrote:
    I know I can't wait to go to Vegas tomorrow...I don't know if I will try to see Gary - but probably stay at the Bay and watch Artie.
    I have been a fan for awhile and must say that it is probably one of my highlights of the day. Sad to say - but it is a good way to start the day.
    As far as the show these days - it is awesome! Except I am tired of hearing Eric the midget call in and Sal cry to Howard.

Nonetheless I am off to Vegas for the weekend and take in Arties live act!!!

Have a blast and don't drink too much!! :)
    "What a stupid lamb."
  • rriversrrivers Posts: 3,696
    Thanks!

Haha, that's classic Artie, f'ing everything up! Why in the hell would Vinny email Dana? :confused:

He said he had two email addresses that he uses to contact Artie so he just sent it without thinking.

I love Eric the Midget!
    "We're fixed good, lamp-wise."
  • CorduroyboyCorduroyboy Posts: 1,256
    Chrissyb wrote:
    "steve langford has huge penis"

I freaking die laughing everytime they play that and "Masturbates with meat and vegetables."

Call Richard what you want, but I think his pranks, antics, and contributions to the show are great. The show is so good right now. And I'm glad the all gay stuff has calmed down.
  • Tom KTom K Posts: 842
    rrivers wrote:
    I know what you mean. Artie gets on my nerves too sometimes, especially when he kisses Howard's ass. He also says "REALLY?" and "clearly" a ton!

I have to disagree.. I think Artie is so much better than Jackie ever was on the show.. Artie has a very dark side to him, but he has a very endearing and true personality.. As per kissing Howard's ass.. well that just goes with the seat..
    I'm gone ..Long gone..This time I'm letting go of it all...So long...Cause this time I'm gone
    I freaking die laughing everytime they play that and "Masturbates with meat and vegetables."

Call Richard what you want, but I think his pranks, antics, and contributions to the show are great. The show is so good right now. And I'm glad the all gay stuff has calmed down.

Yeah both Sal and Richard make huge contributions with their phone calls and songs. I love the "Steve Langford has a huge penis". Sometimes you can hear "penis...penis...penis" if they let it play for awhile.
    Tom K wrote:
    I have to disagree.. I think Artie is so much better than Jackie ever was on the show.. Artie has a very dark side to him, but he has a very endearing and true personality.. As per kissing Howard's ass.. well that just goes with the seat..

I do agree Artie is way better than Jackie was on the show. It's weird because I actually started to listen to the show because of Artie. I wasn't saying I hate Artie just that he can be annoying at times.
    Artie is better then Jackie..I never though Jackie was funny!
    "What a stupid lamb."
    Artie is better then Jackie..I never though Jackie was funny!

I cannot stand Jackie. I didn't care for him when he was a regular on the show, his Joke Hunt is the most annoying show on Sirius, he thinks he's funny and he's not. Artie is so great even with his ass kissing and vowing to leave the show every other month.
  • I hear you. Artie is a hysterically funny disturbed motherfucker. Half of what he says that has me drop dead laughing doesnt even get picked up by everyone else. He just throws these killer one liners out there daily that get missed.

I watched that show when those 3 chicks were on (good show :) ), and the poor guy, popping subutext, not being able to "get into it" because of trying to get back with Daner, and the staff pressing him and making fun of him. he didnt want to mention the Dana thing and was trying to behave....it must have been tough.
    All that's sacred, comes from youth....dedications, naive and true.
    I hear you. Artie is a hysterically funny disturbed motherfucker. Half of what he says that has me drop dead laughing doesnt even get picked up by everyone else. He just throws these killer one liners out there daily that get missed.

I watched that show when those 3 chicks were on (good show :) ), and the poor guy, popping subutext, not being able to "get into it" because of trying to get back with Daner, and the staff pressing him and making fun of him. he didnt want to mention the Dana thing and was trying to behave....it must have been tough.

I did feel sorry for him during that show, I bet it was hard!! I'm so glad all of you listen to Howard...some people hate him on this board!
    "What a stupid lamb."
    I did feel sorry for him during that show, I bet it was hard!! I'm so glad all of your listen to Howard...some people hate him on this board!

I wouldn't go so far as to say I felt sorry for him. He puts himself in these situations.
  • wtf? i dvr'ed letterman w/ artie and when i viewed it, no artie, no vampire weekend, just that clam paris hilton and a bunch of letterman bits...it was so weird, like it was edited, didn't seem to be cut off, just missing completely.
    And I'm not living this life without you, I'm selfish and clear
    And you're not leaving here without me, I don't wanna be without
    My best... friend. Wake up, to see you could have it all
  • azwyldcats wrote:
    wtf? i dvr'ed letterman w/ artie and when i viewed it, no artie, no vampire weekend, just that clam paris hilton and a bunch of letterman bits...it was so weird, like it was edited, didn't seem to be cut off, just missing completely.

Here ya go. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g6c3eHvRAyg
    Artie KILLED!!!
    1998-6/20, 6/21
    2003-6/1, 10/25
    2005-8/29, 9/4
    2006-7/2, 7/22, 7/23
    2008-4/15(EV solo)
    2009-9/21, 9/22, 9/28
    2011-9/3, 9/4
    2012-9/30
    2013-7/19, 11/30
    Artie KILLED!!!

OMG...too good!!
    "What a stupid lamb."
  • normnorm Posts: 31,146
    Artie KILLED!!!

i wished to hell they would have spent more time with artie than that twat paris.....:)
    cutback wrote:
    i wished to hell they would have spent more time with artie than that twat paris.....:)

She is just so annoying!!!
    "What a stupid lamb."
  • lksammktlksammkt Posts: 127
    lksammkt wrote:
    A week from today I am off to Vegas to see Artie at Mandalay Bay. I can't wait!! I will let you know how it goes.

So Artie's show in Vegas was awesome! I was definitely surprise to hear him on the radio this morning after the Giants big win. Nick DiPaolo opened up for him and killed it. I went to the after party at the Mirage and got my picture taken with Artie - and said thanks for his contributions to the show.
    Overall it was an awesome night!
    I just keep moving on....
    lksammkt wrote:
    So Artie's show in Vegas was awesome! I was definitely surprise to hear him on the radio this morning after the Giants big win. Nick DiPaolo opened up for him and killed it. I went to the after party at the Mirage and got my picture taken with Artie - and said thanks for his contributions to the show.
    Overall it was an awesome night!

post the pictures when ya can....
    "What a stupid lamb."
    How soon till Artie quits the show? What the hell with this guy??!! Pay me his salary and I'll show up at 6 am 4 days a week and never call in sick. He's gotta be pushing H again.
    How soon till Artie quits the show? What the hell with this guy??!! Pay me his salary and I'll show up at 6 am 4 days a week and never call in sick. He's gotta be pushing H again.

I'm wondering why Howard puts up with it?

Artie looks awful....I don't see him living too much longer with the lifestyle he has...They should do an intervention on the show..
    "What a stupid lamb."

He's an asshole. I haven't heard the show today yet so I don't know why he was out, but he disrespects Howard. Artie being on the show brought all that money into his life, all the money that is buying that huge house because he would not be making what he's making on the road without being on the show. Show some respect, douche!

Since I'm bitching, I'll also say Baba Bouey is so fucking annoying on the Wrap Up show. Sal is right that he doesn't let anyone talk. Yesterday Gary was defending Artie when, if it was anyone else (ie Benjy last week when he was late), he would call them out for their actions.

I thought the show was great yesterday without Artie. I don't deny Artie brings something to the show, but yesterday shows the show does not depend on him.
    I'm wondering why Howard puts up with it?

Artie looks awful....I don't see him living too much longer with the lifestyle he has...They should do an intervention on the show..

I wonder the same thing. Howard always forgives Artie, always believes he's sick, and kisses Artie's ass. Artie should be kissing Howard's ass everyday he walks in the studio. I love Artie, I don't want to ever see him leave the show, but shit, it's like he isn't even there anyways.

rrivers, you are right on with the disrespect.
  • 'Rickyman' has to be the funniest thing ever.

R.I.P. Scoresman

9/17/95-New Orleans,LA 8/14/00-New Orleans,LA 4/8/03-New Orleans,LA 4/13/03-Tampa,FL 10/8/04-Kissimmee,FL 8/5/07-Chicago,IL 6/16/08-Columbia,SC 6/23/09-(EV Solo)Atlanta,GA 5/1/10-New Orleans,LA 9/21/12-Pensacola,FL 11/1/13-New Orleans,LA 4/11/16-Tampa,FL  4/23/16-New Orleans,LA

NickyNooch wrote:
    'Rickyman' has to be the funniest thing ever.

R.I.P. Scoresman

But the Scoresman prank call to the tattoo shop will go down as one of my favorites of all time.
    But the Scoresman prank call to the tattoo shop will go down as one of my favorites of all time.

"I'm about meeting girls, I'm about meeting guys." That cracks me up every time.

I was with Howard yesterday on that phone call where Richard and Sal call the old lady and keep asking her how she's doing. I'm laughing right now thinking about it.
    rrivers wrote:
    "I'm about meeting girls, I'm about meeting guys." That cracks me up every time.

Exactly!! My buddy will call me up and start with that line and I die!

My buddy also sent me Black Tits to play as my ringtone too!!

He's a great friend to have!
    Exactly!! My buddy will call me up and start with that line and I die!

My buddy also sent me Black Tits to play as my ringtone too!!

He's a great friend to have!

That's great. I wish I knew people (other than on this board) that listened to Howard because there are so many great lines to throw back and forth.
  • solsurfrsolsurfr Posts: 207
    rrivers wrote:
    He's an asshole. I haven't heard the show today yet so I don't know why he was out, but he disrespects Howard. Artie being on the show brought all that money into his life, all the money that is buying that huge house because he would not be making what he's making on the road without being on the show. Show some respect, douche!

Since I'm bitching, I'll also say Baba Bouey is so fucking annoying on the Wrap Up show. Sal is right that he doesn't let anyone talk. Yesterday Gary was defending Artie when, if it was anyone else (ie Benjy last week when he was late), he would call them out for their actions.

I thought the show was great yesterday without Artie. I don't deny Artie brings something to the show, but yesterday shows the show does not depend on him.

I pretty much agree with the disrespect argument. Artie's good fortune is all because of the show and yet he continues to take it for granted and therefore pisses a lot of fans off... on the other hand, these stunts cause us to start talking about him and hence make it a topic of discussion for when he does come back... it's almost too perfect the way Howard takes him back... Howard knows there's radio gold in Artie's very flawed personality and has taken advantage of it for the sake of his show.

Arguments, frustrations, fights, no-shows... there all 'bits' to Howard and it works, obviously.