Howard Stern

Comments

• normnorm Posts: 31,146
    thankfully howard more compassion for an addict that some of you....:rolleyes:

i hope artie hasn't started heroin again but it sure sounds like it....:(
  • Tom KTom K Posts: 842
    There is a lot of hate for Artie... but the shows have def. been lacking this week w/o the presence of Artie..
    I'm gone ..Long gone..This time I'm letting go of it all...So long...Cause this time I'm gone
  • arties argument with high pitch mike last week showed me once and for all he is nuts. nobodys home. he totally flipped.

the whole mentioning seeing garys check has never came back up. they blame it on the i'll fuck your sister reference. bs.....it was calling him out on the check that sent him over
    All that's sacred, comes from youth....dedications, naive and true.
  • thunderDANthunderDAN Posts: 2,094
    I'm Scores man I got the tattoo. Scores man is all about fun, drinking, meeting girls.. I'm Scores man
  • CorduroyboyCorduroyboy Posts: 1,256
    After listening to the show again today, Howard mentioned that he has kind of a "just come in when you can" policy with Artie. What kind of bullshit is that. Howard also mentioned that if he was filming Beer League, he wouldn't be calling in sick. Look at the rest of the staff, Sal, Richard, JD, Will, and the rest, do they call in, hell no. Only if they are on their death beds. Yet we all have to keep forgiving Artie for all his wrong doings. I love Artie, I too feel that the show suffers when he's not there. But come on, just get to work.
  • solsurfrsolsurfr Posts: 207
    I love Artie, I too feel that the show suffers when he's not there. But come on, just get to work.

Artie is a nice addition to the show but from a comedic standpoint he ain't no different or that much better than the other comics who riff at the roasts. What makes him GREAT for the show however is all his hangups(food, gambling, no-shows, etc.) which to me, offers a way bigger contribution than any comedic talent that he might have which to me is average at best, ymmv.

Put Colin Quinn in Artie's seat and you'll hear far better one-liners or jokes. My opinion only, I know.
    Artie is a nice addition to the show but from a comedic standpoint he ain't no different or that much better than the other comics who riff at the roasts. What makes him GREAT for the show however is all his hangups(food, gambling, no-shows, etc.) which to me, offers a way bigger contribution than any comedic talent that he might have which to me is average at best, ymmv.

Put Colin Quinn in Artie's seat and you'll hear far better one-liners or jokes. My opinion only, I know.

There are a lot of people that could easily do a great job in his spot. Me, I'd love to see Dave Attel if Artie ever goes. Anything is better than ever having Jackie back. But damn, I wouldn't ever want Artie to go. You're right, his hangups are such great material for the show.
  • rriversrrivers Posts: 3,696
    cutback wrote:
    thankfully howard more compassion for an addict that some of you....:rolleyes:

i hope artie hasn't started heroin again but it sure sounds like it....:(

Yeah the compassion has really helped Artie. What would you have us do? Enable him like everyone else in his life has and continues to do?

I think the thing that is so annoying about Artie is if you took Artie circa 2000 (the year, not pounds) and told him you would be making upwards of $70,000 per stand up gig, you would be building a house on the Jersey shore, Beer League will get made, you will get a Fox development deal, be a semi-regular on Letterman and Conan, and be a huge part of the Howard Stern show (a show you confess to being a favorite of yours and Howard being a hero to you) IF you get up at 4 am five days a week for the first few years and come in to throw out one liners for 5 hours. Then when they go to Sirius you will only have to work 4 days a week and take 7 or so weeks off a year, Artie 2000 would have jumped at the chance and been eternally grateful. Artie 2008 is not acting grateful, no matter how much he says he is.

I agree Colin Quinn would be just as good as Artie. A lot of Artie's lines are pretty obvious. He does make me laugh sometimes though. He has really become annoying with his yelling and talking over people over the last year or so.

Dissidentband, you are right that his fuckups are what make him great for the show. Howard understands this and that's why Artie is allowed to do what he wants.

I disagree with Tom k. I think the shows have been great without Artie this week. You get to see more of the 20 years plus of chemistry between Robin, Fred, and Howard. I was dying laughing at the Eric the Midget stuff today. I think Artie gets in the way with him because he insults him. It is funnier to me when Eric gets so mad at Howard and Robin just for wondering if his "girlfriend" is real. This goes to the chemistry I mentioned. There are a few other things during the show that I still think Artie sounds like an outsider when they come up. Not that this is his fault, just pointing out how the show works well (for me) when he's not there.
    "We're fixed good, lamp-wise."
    Well I can see your point rrivers... I just hope when the time comes for Artie to leave the seat, that Greg Fitzsimmons doesn't take over, I can't put my finger on why I don't like Greg, he just rubs me the wrong way... As for a replacement, I think Dave Attell or Colin would make fun replacements..
    I'm gone ..Long gone..This time I'm letting go of it all...So long...Cause this time I'm gone
  • solsurfrsolsurfr Posts: 207
    Tom K wrote:
    Well I can see your point rrivers... I just hope when the time comes for Artie to leave the seat, that Greg Fitzsimmons doesn't take over, I can't put my finger on why I don't like Greg, he just rubs me the wrong way... As for a replacement, I think Dave Attell or Colin would make fun replacements..

+1

Put Colin or any other well established comedian (that made it outside the show) and you'll see show raise to a whole new level. Artie completely half-asses the show and doesn't really hide it. But he probably also knows that his fuck-ups are a big part of the funniness there.
    Tom K wrote:

I'm with you about Fitzsimmons, but man do they love him over there. They need to put in Big Black from Rob and Big. Now he's some funny shit.
  • in_hiding79in_hiding79 Posts: 4,315
    Dave Attell should be on the show regardless, he's hilarious! I don't want Artie to go, but man sometimes he is too much!
    And so the lion fell in love with the lamb...,"
    "What a stupid lamb."
    "What a sick, masochistic lion."
    I'm with you about Fitzsimmons, but man do they love him over there. They need to put in Big Black from Rob and Big. Now he's some funny shit.

I'm going to see Fitzsimmons next weekend, hopefully his standup is pretty funny
    thunderDAN wrote:
    I'm going to see Fitzsimmons next weekend, hopefully his standup is pretty funny

He reminds me too much of David Spade and I really find David Spade annoying.

I like Fitzsimmons when he is on, but I don't think I could take him everyday.

I can see how people would find him annoying though. One time on the wrap up show, Fitzsimmons himself mentioned how a lot of people are turned off to him when they meet him.
    thunderDAN wrote:

An hour worth the standup I can prob. take, I can even weather him on the show for a day once a month.. but everyday would be way too much...
  • rrivers wrote:
    "I'm about meeting girls, I'm about meeting guys." That cracks me up every time.

I was with Howard yesterday on that phone call where Richard and Sal call the old lady and keep asking her how she's doing. I'm laughing right now thinking about it.

That quote gets me every time!

That prank call was hilarious. I have no idea how Robin didn't think that was funny. "How are you doing?" hahaha.

The Scoresman prank call was brilliant too.

9/17/95-New Orleans,LA 8/14/00-New Orleans,LA 4/8/03-New Orleans,LA 4/13/03-Tampa,FL 10/8/04-Kissimmee,FL 8/5/07-Chicago,IL 6/16/08-Columbia,SC 6/23/09-(EV Solo)Atlanta,GA 5/1/10-New Orleans,LA 9/21/12-Pensacola,FL 11/1/13-New Orleans,LA 4/11/16-Tampa,FL  4/23/16-New Orleans,LA

• NY PJ1NY PJ1 Posts: 9,533
    my co-worker was the 1st call today

nicholas from huntington.... but he got disconnected b4 he said what he had to
  • Tom K wrote:
    I love Greg. Funny as hell and I think he would be great. The story about the breast milk from a year or so ago had me laughing like never before.
    All that's sacred, comes from youth....dedications, naive and true.
    NickyNooch wrote:
    That quote gets me every time!

That prank call was hilarious. I have no idea how Robin didn't think that was funny. "How are you doing?" hahaha.

The Scoresman prank call was brilliant too.

I giggle like a 4 year old when I hear Ronnie's Scoresman prank and when they play that duck or whatever for Eric the Actor...I had to keep rewinding it yesterday.

yep, Scoresman, got the tattoo
  • NY PJ1NY PJ1 Posts: 9,533
    thunderDAN wrote:
    I giggle like a 4 year old when I hear Ronnie's Scoresman prank and when they play that duck or whatever for Eric the Actor...I had to keep rewinding it yesterday.

yep, Scoresman, got the tattoo

its rickyman now :)
    thunderDAN wrote:
    when they play that duck or whatever for Eric the Actor...

Got a Tattoo.....

You tube Mars Attacks... That Ack Ack sound is how the Aliens talk.. Did Richard Lewis come off as kind of a dick today?
  • F Richard Lewis.Poor Artie wins 78,000 in super bowl and bust his book,gets sick ,Dana relationship is in limbo.Love the fact that Atries bookie wife hates him.Fuck Eric da midget..Actor ..Whatever.
    Have a Salad Artie
    In hiding hope U come to the sirius sutdio to flash howard def worth wathching on Howard TV.
    http://www.Marksfriggin.com
    Let's Go Yanks!
    96)Randalls Island I,II
    98)NJ,MSG I,II
    00) Virginia Beach Jones Beach I,II,III Saratoga Springs Seattle I
    03)Nassau Camden I MSG I,II NJ
    04)Boston I,II Reading
    05)Montreal Ottawa Toronto Borgata I,II Philly
    06) Irving plaza Albany Hartford Camden I,II NJ I,II LA I,II Gorge I,II
    07)Lolla
    08)Roo Camden I,II MSG I,II Hartford Beacon
    09)Chicago I,II Philly II,III,IV
    10)Hartford Newark MSG I,II
    11)PJ20 I,II
    13)Wrigley Brooklyn I,II Hartford
    14)Moline,milwaukee
    15)Central Park
    16)MSG I,II
    17)Wrigley I,II
    18)Wrigley I,II
    22)MSG,Camden
    24)MSG I,II
  • lksammktlksammkt Posts: 127
    pjscreamer wrote:
    F Richard Lewis.Poor Artie wins 78,000 in super bowl and bust his book,gets sick ,Dana relationship is in limbo.Love the fact that Atries bookie wife hates him.Fuck Eric da midget..Actor ..Whatever.
    Have a Salad Artie
    In hiding hope U come to the sirius sutdio to flash howard def worth wathching on Howard TV.
    http://www.Marksfriggin.com

amen!
    I just keep moving on....
  • normnorm Posts: 31,146
    NY PJ1 wrote:
    my co-worker was the 1st call today

nicholas from huntington.... but he got disconnected b4 he said what he had to

riveting call....starting off by screwing up where artie is playing this weekend....:D

what was he gonna say?
  • in_hiding79in_hiding79 Posts: 4,315
    Am I the only girl on this board who listens to Howard Stern?? ?? ??
    And so the lion fell in love with the lamb...,"
    "What a stupid lamb."
    "What a sick, masochistic lion."
    From Marksfriggin...

Artie Offered A Reality Show. 02/14/08. 8:35am

Artie now has a way off the show. He can slouch around all day and have cameras follow him. How nice!

I don't profess to predicting the future all too well, but if he takes a reality show deal and leaves the show, no one will watch out of resentment. He'll be like Stuttering John and Jackie, someone no one gives a shit about anymore when they were once an important component to the show.
  • TrailerTrailer Posts: 1,431
    Am I the only girl on this board who listens to Howard Stern?? ?? ??

My sister loves Howard... but she's not on this board;)
    Whoa, chill bro... you know you can't raise your voice like that when the lion's here.
    vacation this week...
  • inmyrvminmyrvm Posts: 933
    rrivers wrote:
    vacation this week...
    ugh it will be a long ride to work........
    "Fuck the talkin' let's start rockin" - Eddie Vedder 9-5-00 Pittsburgh
    4/26/03 Pittsburgh 5/3/03 State College 7/12/03 Hershey 10/1/04 Reading 9/28/05 Pittsburgh 5/20/06 Cleveland 6/23/06 Pittsburgh 6/22/08 DC

friends don't let friends listen to good charlotte