PJ Girlies let's talk beauty tips!

Comments

• Jeanie wrote:
    It should be ok. I mean use it tonite and check it out before you use it again.
    If it smells funny or looks different, I'd throw it out.

After talking to the girl, we decided that the ocean salt facial scrub might be no good for my skin. It gets irritated pretty easily. Used to have to be really careful when I was surfing, coz I'd get reef rash.

I used the body wash on my arms and legs where the skin has been really dry and I found it a lot less oily than the bohemian soap or the buffy. I need a little bit of moisture. The best thing about it was it didn't run down into the bath and make everything slippery!

It's funny how we like different stuff huh?
    :D yep... we obviously just have completely different skin... shit, there must be something we have in common :D do you have curly hair? Try the curly wurly shampoo... it's great... but I'm sure you've straight hair :p
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Verona??? it's all surmountable
    Dublin 23.08.06 "The beauty of Ireland, right there!"
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Copenhagen?? your light made us stars
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
    Had I not found this love with you
  • JeanieJeanie Posts: 9,446
    : D yep... we obviously just have completely different skin... shit, there must be something we have in common : D do you have curly hair? Try the curly wurly shampoo... it's great... but I'm sure you've straight hair : p

haha! :D Yeah, perhaps we both like a drink and we love PJ? :) That do?
    Coz I don't think our hair or skin have any similarities! :D

Although my hair is fairly straight, it does have a wave. I had blonde ringlet curls when I was little, but they straighten out to dark blonde as I got older.

:D Just have to tell you that I'm sitting here in my PJ t-shirt with my face covered in mask!! :D
    NOPE!!!

*~You're IT Bert!~*

Hold on to the thread
    The currents will shift
  • catefrancescatefrances Posts: 29,003
    i am learning so much reading your girlie talk. :)
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
    Ok, mask is off! :) Skin is feeling very clean!

Guess we'll see what happens in the next day or so. :)
    NOPE!!!

*~You're IT Bert!~*

Hold on to the thread
    The currents will shift
  • Jeanie wrote:

:) what's the name of the mask? I had the crash course in skincare one. You... obviously don't! :p
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
    :) what's the name of the mask? I had the crash course in skincare one. You... obviously don't! :p

No! Actually Hels, I think it is Crash Course in Skincare!! :D

Yay!! Finally!! Something in common! :D
    NOPE!!!

*~You're IT Bert!~*

Hold on to the thread
    The currents will shift
  • Tek MoneyTek Money Posts: 642
    I don't know if it has been mentioned yet (because I didn't read the whole thread), but using deodorant on your bikini line will stop the bumps, and itchiness. The more mild the better.

You can also use baby power, but it doesn't work as well.

A stripper told me that once. I don't know why (she told me). But it does work.

I also use regular body lotion as make-up remover. It works like a charm.
    Cock Fight.
  • TrixieCatTrixieCat Posts: 5,756
    Jeanie wrote:

I cannot imagine how incredible you smell. lol You are always putting on these yummy masks. lol
    I thought I was crazy for the masks. You make me feel like a slacker. But at least you are inspiring me. :)
    Cause I'm broken when I'm lonesome
    And I don't feel right when you're gone away
  • Jeanie wrote:
    No! Actually Hels, I think it is Crash Course in Skincare!! :D

Yay!! Finally!! Something in common! :D
    :eek: Yay! :) Isn't it fabulous?
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
    Tek Money wrote:
    I don't know if it has been mentioned yet (because I didn't read the whole thread), but using deodorant on your bikini line will stop the bumps, and itchiness. The more mild the better.

You can also use baby power, but it doesn't work as well.

A stripper told me that once. I don't know why (she told me). But it does work.

I also use regular body lotion as make-up remover. It works like a charm.

ooh! THANK YOU Tek!! :) I'll have to try that next time! :)
    NOPE!!!

*~You're IT Bert!~*

Hold on to the thread
    The currents will shift
    TrixieCat wrote:
    I cannot imagine how incredible you smell. lol You are always putting on these yummy masks. lol
    I thought I was crazy for the masks. You make me feel like a slacker. But at least you are inspiring me. : )

Thanks Trix but I think the overriding smell of me right now would still be Calvin Kleine's Escape. :) Man I LOVE that stuff! :D

The mask is awesome! I can thoroughly recommend it to anyone! I've been on a bit of a kick lately with beauty products. Wanna get a few things buffed and looking nice for next year when the nasty birthday hits me. And everybody here keeps trying to talk me out of fantastic plastic, SO, I'm doing like a bridal beauty routine, you know like women do MONTHS before they get married so they look good on the day, except I'm just trying to look good for the ugly birthday oh and just in case I actually manage to be in the same room as the fella anytime soon! :o

Anyway, there'll be much beauty stuff going on around me for at least the next 11 months so if you want inspiration stick around kid! ;)
    NOPE!!!

*~You're IT Bert!~*

Hold on to the thread
    The currents will shift
  • I'm going to a new hair place tomorrow! very nerve wracking. the last time I got my haircut, I went to the place/stylist I've been going to for like 5-6 years and she did a terrible job! and I decided to get color for the first time in my life- I asked for "slightly edgy red streaks." I got strawberry blond highlights! So tomorrow I'm going to a new place, closer to home too. It's kind of a hipster place though, so I'm a little worried that it will be *too* edgy (I'm a consultant, I need to look slightly professional at least). Oh well we'll see how it turns out. and this time I have a picture of the color I want!

(damn, I just remember I need my eyebrows waxed before I go away too...)
    :eek: Yay! :) Isn't it fabulous?

Helen I LOVE IT!! :) It smells divine! It feels fabulous on your skin as you put it on and you can feel it doing nice things while it's drying and then when you wash it off everything is soft and my skin feels lovely. I love it! :D
    NOPE!!!

*~You're IT Bert!~*

Hold on to the thread
    The currents will shift
    I'm going to a new hair place tomorrow! very nerve wracking. the last time I got my haircut, I went to the place/stylist I've been going to for like 5-6 years and she did a terrible job! and I decided to get color for the first time in my life- I asked for "slightly edgy red streaks." I got strawberry blond highlights! So tomorrow I'm going to a new place, closer to home too. It's kind of a hipster place though, so I'm a little worried that it will be *too* edgy (I'm a consultant, I need to look slightly professional at least). Oh well we'll see how it turns out. and this time I have a picture of the color I want!

(damn, I just remember I need my eyebrows waxed before I go away too...)

Oh! Good luck!! I hate breaking in a new hairdresser!! So may the force be with you! I'll keep my fingers crossed for you! :)
    I'm sure it'll be fabulous, especially if you have a picture with you. Just make sure you talk and talk and talk until they know EXACTLY what you want and watch them like a hawk every step of the way just in case. :)
    NOPE!!!

*~You're IT Bert!~*

Hold on to the thread
    The currents will shift
  • TrixieCatTrixieCat Posts: 5,756
    Jeanie wrote:
    Thanks Trix but I think the overriding smell of me right now would still be Calvin Kleine's Escape. :) Man I LOVE that stuff! :D

The mask is awesome! I can thoroughly recommend it to anyone! I've been on a bit of a kick lately with beauty products. Wanna get a few things buffed and looking nice for next year when the nasty birthday hits me. And everybody here keeps trying to talk me out of fantastic plastic, SO, I'm doing like a bridal beauty routine, you know like women do MONTHS before they get married so they look good on the day, except I'm just trying to look good for the ugly birthday oh and just in case I actually manage to be in the same room as the fella anytime soon! :o

Anyway, there'll be much beauty stuff going on around me for at least the next 11 months so if you want inspiration stick around kid! ;)
    I work with ALOT of brides, so yes, I am familiar with the bridal routine. lol
    I do a trial on them and half of them show up on their wedding day looking like a different person!
    I am a huge fan of Mario Badescu's products. mariobadescu.com
    Great prices, great product
    Enzyme Revitalizing and the Super Collagen masks are my favorites.
    Cause I'm broken when I'm lonesome
    And I don't feel right when you're gone away
  • jeanie, what is the bridal beauty routine? I have an ugly birthday coming up too...
    TrixieCat wrote:
    I work with ALOT of brides, so yes, I am familiar with the bridal routine. lol
    I do a trial on them and half of them show up on their wedding day looking like a different person!
    I am a huge fan of Mario Badescu's products. mariobadescu.com
    Great prices, great product
    Enzyme Revitalizing and the Super Collagen masks are my favorites.

I did make up for my girlfriend when she got married and the grooms sister too, earlier this year. Not that I'm formally trained or anything but I have been doing make up because of Ballet since I was really small and I did a Finishing Course when I was 18 that had a large make up and skin care component to it.
    Plus I had to do make up as part of my theatre course.
    I'm pretty happy with the way her make up turned out and we did 4 trial runs in the months leading up to the big day. She looked gorgeous and I was stoked with how well the make up came out in the pics! Was just a little pleased with myself! ;)
    I have to say I'm hanging out for a professional day spa day, with a massage and facial and all the bells and whistles! :D
    It's a shame we're not closer Trix, you could do mine for the ugly birthday! :)
    NOPE!!!

*~You're IT Bert!~*

Hold on to the thread
    The currents will shift
    jeanie, what is the bridal beauty routine? I have an ugly birthday coming up too...

Well I recall reading in one of the women's magazines Cosmo or Cleo or marie clare or a bridal magazine maybe, YEARS ago now, about starting your beauty regime before a big event MONTHS in advance. Regular facials, pedicures, manicures, healthy diet and exercise, getting a plan happening with your hairdresser and a whole bunch of stuff like that. Basically working from head to toe, getting a plan of how you want things to be and working from there.
    So I've got 11 months till the horror unfolds, SO like before my 21st, I'm starting the diet and exercise thing now, doing the regular pedicure/manicure thing and just generally trying different products to see what is making the most difference to my skin and hair. If I don't see some amazing results in the next say 6 months, I'm booking in with a plastic surgeon! :D
    NOPE!!!

*~You're IT Bert!~*

Hold on to the thread
    The currents will shift
  • Jeanie wrote:
    Helen I LOVE IT!! :) It smells divine! It feels fabulous on your skin as you put it on and you can feel it doing nice things while it's drying and then when you wash it off everything is soft and my skin feels lovely. I love it! :D
    couldn't have said it better :)
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
  • Jeanie wrote:
    Well I recall reading in one of the women's magazines Cosmo or Cleo or marie clare or a bridal magazine maybe, YEARS ago now, about starting your beauty regime before a big event MONTHS in advance. Regular facials, pedicures, manicures, healthy diet and exercise, getting a plan happening with your hairdresser and a whole bunch of stuff like that. Basically working from head to toe, getting a plan of how you want things to be and working from there.
    So I've got 11 months till the horror unfolds, SO like before my 21st, I'm starting the diet and exercise thing now, doing the regular pedicure/manicure thing and just generally trying different products to see what is making the most difference to my skin and hair. If I don't see some amazing results in the next say 6 months, I'm booking in with a plastic surgeon! :D

man, who can afford (with money and time) regular facials, manicures, and pedicures? I'm lucky if I get my eyebrows waxed every 6 months (what am I talking about, shaving my legs is a chore). Sounds very stressful! I think I'm gonna wing it for my birthday :).
    couldn't have said it better :)

Knew we'd find one that we both agreed on sooner or later! :D
    NOPE!!!

*~You're IT Bert!~*

Hold on to the thread
    The currents will shift
  • Jeanie wrote:
    Knew we'd find one that we both agreed on sooner or later! :D
    Hahaha.. you DO know you're probably gonna come out in a rash though? :o
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
    man, who can afford (with money and time) regular facials, manicures, and pedicures? I'm lucky if I get my eyebrows waxed every 6 months (what am I talking about, shaving my legs is a chore). Sounds very stressful! I think I'm gonna wing it for my birthday :).

no no! I'm not paying somebody else to do all that for the next 6 months!
    Bugger that! Royalty I ain't. :p And I don't have that kind of cash anyway.
    I'll be doing it myself. Well except for the odd pedicure at the podiatrist, and of course the hairdresser. But nah, all the rest of it, I'll be doing myself.
    I'm not thinking it'll be stressful until Winter rolls around again. I'm usually pretty good with all this stuff in the warmer months but come winter I'm a bear! So that's when it'll get hard, next June! :eek:
    The only reason I'm going to all the bother is that I made a deal with myself about this next birthday, that if it had to happen, that I was going into it feeling fabulous! So I guess the only way that's gonna happen is if I pull my finger out and do a little maintenance and pampering from now. :)
    You've probably got the right idea though, I mean I'm bound to end up drunk and looking like the Wreck of the Hesperus at the end of the night anyway! :D
    NOPE!!!

*~You're IT Bert!~*

Hold on to the thread
    The currents will shift
    Hahaha.. you DO know you're probably gonna come out in a rash though? :o

Really??????? :eek:

**runs hands over face nervously**
    NOPE!!!

*~You're IT Bert!~*

Hold on to the thread
    The currents will shift
  • Jeanie wrote:
    Really??????? :eek:

**runs hands over face nervously**
    :p no, well just cos we decided we must have different skin and yet that mask has been great for me :eek:
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
  • Jeanie wrote:
    no no! I'm not paying somebody else to do all that for the next 6 months!
    Bugger that! Royalty I ain't. :p And I don't have that kind of cash anyway.
    I'll be doing it myself. Well except for the odd pedicure at the podiatrist, and of course the hairdresser. But nah, all the rest of it, I'll be doing myself.
    I'm not thinking it'll be stressful until Winter rolls around again. I'm usually pretty good with all this stuff in the warmer months but come winter I'm a bear! So that's when it'll get hard, next June! :eek:
    The only reason I'm going to all the bother is that I made a deal with myself about this next birthday, that if it had to happen, that I was going into it feeling fabulous! So I guess the only way that's gonna happen is if I pull my finger out and do a little maintenance and pampering from now. :)
    You've probably got the right idea though, I mean I'm bound to end up drunk and looking like the Wreck of the Hesperus at the end of the night anyway! :D

hahaha the wreck of the hesperus...

well my birthday's in february. I'm just really hoping to get back into the kind of shape I was in a year ago, before everything went to hell in a hand basket. I'm always going to have zits, I can't seem to avoid that with all the masks in the world.
  • JaneNYJaneNY Posts: 4,438
    TrixieCat wrote:
    I thought I was crazy for the masks. You make me feel like a slacker. But at least you are inspiring me. :)

Oh no - not crazy - Lush masks are awesome! I've used Brazened Honey, Love Lettuce and The Sacred Truth. The Sacred Truth is my favorite. They only last 3 weeks in the fridge, but you can use them more than the 4 times the container says - I can usually use it 6 times. But then you have to get more, and you can't really get it via mail order because they must stay refrigerated. The only problem is I am now vegan and some of the masks use eggs, so I may have to change which one I use.
    R.i.p. Rigoberto Alpizar.
    R.i.p. My Dad - May 28, 2007
    R.i.p. Black Tail (cat) - Sept. 20, 2008
    hahaha the wreck of the hesperus...

well my birthday's in february. I'm just really hoping to get back into the kind of shape I was in a year ago, before everything went to hell in a hand basket. I'm always going to have zits, I can't seem to avoid that with all the masks in the world.

:D Well tis what seems to happen on these occassions! I spend all this time before hand prissifying and thinking I look pretty hot on the night, only to come home and actually see myself in the mirror and want to crawl under a rock somewhere! :o And then there's the bloody photos! :eek:
    I get spots. Even now! And it irritates the hell out of me! I was laboring under the delusion that when you got to a certain age and wrinkles started appearing that you'd no longer have zits. That they were for younger women! Now I seem to be entering some vile twilight zone where you have zits AND wrinkles!!! :mad: I mean wtf is that all about?????
    I don't know what to suggest about the zits. I've had friends swear by Proactive but you've probably already tried that right?
    You don't have a lot of time though. Maybe just throw your hands up and decide to just have a great time and be done with it? I mean we're all supposed to be growing old gracefully right? :rolleyes:
    NOPE!!!

*~You're IT Bert!~*

Hold on to the thread
    The currents will shift
    : p no, well just cos we decided we must have different skin and yet that mask has been great for me : eek:

haha! LMAO! :D Biatch!! :p Talk about scare the shit out of me!! :D
    NOPE!!!

*~You're IT Bert!~*

Hold on to the thread
    The currents will shift
  • Jeanie wrote:
    :D Well tis what seems to happen on these occassions! I spend all this time before hand prissifying and thinking I look pretty hot on the night, only to come home and actually see myself in the mirror and want to crawl under a rock somewhere! :o And then there's the bloody photos! :eek:
    I get spots. Even now! And it irritates the hell out of me! I was laboring under the delusion that when you got to a certain age and wrinkles started appearing that you'd no longer have zits. That they were for younger women! Now I seem to be entering some vile twilight zone where you have zits AND wrinkles!!! :mad: I mean wtf is that all about?????
    I don't know what to suggest about the zits. I've had friends swear by Proactive but you've probably already tried that right?
    You don't have a lot of time though. Maybe just throw your hands up and decide to just have a great time and be done with it? I mean we're all supposed to be growing old gracefully right? :rolleyes:

well I didn't have zits as a teenager. a few, but no bad acne. not until I was 25. Now I get like one big huge boil thing at time, that scabs up and never goes away-not typical acne (I think it's because I can't be bothered with lazer hair removal anymore, so I'm always plucking my face). I actually found that my skin improved after I stopped using acne treatments. now I just use a tea tree oil mask like once a week to clean out the ol' pores. as I said, I'll worry about the zits after I can do a triathlon again.