PJ Girlies let's talk beauty tips!

Comments

• catefrancescatefrances Posts: 29,003
    Jeanie wrote:
    To quote Kimmy, "I'm loving myself sick at the moment!" :D

I've had the shower, I buffed with buffy, washed with the bohemian and followed it all up with that Synpathy for Skin in all its banana-ry goodness!

AND I FEEL AWESOME!!! :D

i have no idea what you just said. :D

but on the girlie side, i did shave my legs yesterday morning. AND moisterised from toe to forehead this morning. i may just get the hang on this chick thing yet. :D
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
  • Jeanie wrote:

I've had the shower, I buffed with buffy, washed with the bohemian and followed it all up with that Synpathy for Skin in all its banana-ry goodness!

:o oh dammit, now I wanna go to lush.. but have to rush home for the rugby so no time, and I've a feeling I may NEED some pampering after the rugby tonight :( . Oh maybe just a quick speed shop. If you can do it despite the smell, I'm guessing I can too...

so... what do I have to get again? :)
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Verona??? it's all surmountable
    Dublin 23.08.06 "The beauty of Ireland, right there!"
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Copenhagen?? your light made us stars
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
    Had I not found this love with you
  • JeanieJeanie Posts: 9,446
    i have no idea what you just said. : D

but on the girlie side, i did shave my legs yesterday morning. AND moisterised from toe to forehead this morning. i may just get the hang on this chick thing yet. :D

What? Not even the Kimmy quote? ;)

Buffy is the exfoliater, Bohemian is a lemon soap/exfoliator thingy and the Sympathy For Skin is this TO DIE FOR Body lotion with mashed bananas in it that has made my skin soft as it was when I was a girl! :D And it smells nice too!

Nice work on the shaving and moisturizing cate! :D You'll be a chicky babe before you know it! ;)
    NOPE!!!

*~You're IT Bert!~*

Hold on to the thread
    The currents will shift
    Jeanie wrote:
    What? Not even the Kimmy quote? ;)

Buffy is the exfoliater, Bohemian is a lemon soap/exfoliator thingy and the Sympathy For Skin is this TO DIE FOR Body lotion with mashed bananas in it that has made my skin soft as it was when I was a girl! :D And it smells nice too!

Nice work on the shaving and moisturizing cate! :D You'll be a chicky babe before you know it! ;)

well yeah i got the kimmy quote. but everything else was just, to quote someone else, blah blah blah. :D
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
    : o oh dammit, now I wanna go to lush.. but have to rush home for the rugby so no time, and I've a feeling I may NEED some pampering after the rugby tonight :( . Oh maybe just a quick speed shop. If you can do it despite the smell, I'm guessing I can too...

so... what do I have to get again? :)

Well it's funny Hels, I held my breath going in and I really didn't think I'd be able to stay in there at first, BUT, it sorta went away, well it wasn't nearly as strong once I started smelling individual things. After a while I was coping just nicely with the place! :)

What are you after?

I got that Buffy The Backside Slayer exfoliator bar because lgt, ( I think ) said she uses it on her face even. It's really moisturizing and I did exfoliate all over and also washed with the Bohemian Vegetable soap which has THE MOST DELICIOUS LEMON SCENT EVER!!! And when I'd finished and dried off and was feeling nicely clean, sloughed of dead skin and all moisturized from the exfoliator bar, I got out dried off and then covered myself in the Sympathy for Skin lotion with the bananas which the girl in the store said have some special enzyme or something in them. ANYWAY, my skin has been really dry lately and feeling papery and dry and this stuff, well it makes it feel silky and smooth but not greasy! I LOVE IT!! :D
    I got the whole catalogue from them Hels. What were you looking for? I could look it up for you? :)
    NOPE!!!

*~You're IT Bert!~*

Hold on to the thread
    The currents will shift
    well yeah i got the kimmy quote. but everything else was just, to quote someone else, blah blah blah. :D

:D "You don't tell me anything you just go on and on and you don't make no sense." :D
    NOPE!!!

*~You're IT Bert!~*

Hold on to the thread
    The currents will shift
  • AllIAmAllIAm Posts: 1,309
    Jeanie wrote:

everyones gonna hate me cause i just saw this and didnt read the other stuff so its probably been said to death.. but i went to lush the other day and got some of that jelly soap and some herbalism for my face and they gave me a free buffy.. wowzer.. it kinda hurts though no? i could feel it ripping off my skin...

but herbalism.. raaawks. gets rid of all the oil on your face. amazing
    Jeanie wrote:
    :D "You don't tell me anything you just go on and on and you don't make no sense." :D

CHISEEEEEEEELLLLLLL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
  • Jeanie wrote:
    Well it's funny Hels, I held my breath going in and I really didn't think I'd be able to stay in there at first, BUT, it sorta went away, well it wasn't nearly as strong once I started smelling individual things. After a while I was coping just nicely with the place! :)

What are you after?

I got that Buffy The Backside Slayer exfoliator bar because lgt, ( I think ) said she uses it on her face even. It's really moisturizing and I did exfoliate all over and also washed with the Bohemian Vegetable soap which has THE MOST DELICIOUS LEMON SCENT EVER!!! And when I'd finished and dried off and was feeling nicely clean, sloughed of dead skin and all moisturized from the exfoliator bar, I got out dried off and then covered myself in the Sympathy for Skin lotion with the bananas which the girl in the store said have some special enzyme or something in them. ANYWAY, my skin has been really dry lately and feeling papery and dry and this stuff, well it makes it feel silky and smooth but not greasy! I LOVE IT!! :D
    I got the whole catalogue from them Hels. What were you looking for? I could look it up for you? :)
    thanks jeanie :) I've no idea what i'm looking for so may just browse around for a few minutes... I dont' fancy the thought of something ripping off my skin though :eek: my fingers are going numb just thinking about it.
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
  • justamjustam Posts: 21,408
    I haven't read this whole thread but it seems like these are good tips:

get enough sleep
    eat moderately
    stay clean
    and keep your soul glowing

You can't go wrong with that.

(Oh, and buy stuff that keeps your skin soft and helps you smell good.) :D
    &&&&&&&&&&&&&&
    AllIAm wrote:
    everyones gonna hate me cause i just saw this and didnt read the other stuff so its probably been said to death.. but i went to lush the other day and got some of that jelly soap and some herbalism for my face and they gave me a free buffy.. wowzer.. it kinda hurts though no? i could feel it ripping off my skin...

but herbalism.. raaawks. gets rid of all the oil on your face. amazing

Which jelly soap was it? I've found the herbalism in the catalogue. It sounds AWESOME!!! :D

I found with the buffy that I could rub it over me once and then lather what had gone onto my skin just using my hands. That way not so much gets used AND it's not so hurty either! :)
    NOPE!!!

*~You're IT Bert!~*

Hold on to the thread
    The currents will shift
    CHISEEEEEEEELLLLLLL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

How good is that song?? :D Might have to listen to it when I'm finished with Dead Man Walking. :)

You know cate, I reckon you'd like some of this Lush stuff. When you come play with me, maybe we could go take a look together? :)
    NOPE!!!

*~You're IT Bert!~*

Hold on to the thread
    The currents will shift
    Jeanie wrote:
    How good is that song?? :D Might have to listen to it when I'm finished with Dead Man Walking.

You know cate, I reckon you'd like some of this Lush stuff. When you come play with me, maybe we could go take a look together? :)

no no no no no no no, cate does not shop in frou frou smelly girlie shops. :D:D:p
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
    thanks jeanie :) I've no idea what i'm looking for so may just browse around for a few minutes... I dont' fancy the thought of something ripping off my skin though :eek: my fingers are going numb just thinking about it.

They have a whole bunch of exfoliators Hels. Your best bet is to talk to the girl behind the counter I reckon. Oh and do what I did when you get in there and pick up a few things and smell them. I think it helped with stopping the place getting too overwhelming. You might be better off trying the Aqua Mirabilis instead of the Buffy? Buffy is for your butt apparently. But the Aqua Mirabilis is supposed to be not as exfoliating as the Buffy, so might be a little gentler. Although I didn't have that much trouble with the Buffy. And I was really nicely moisturized afterwards which was great! :)
    NOPE!!!

*~You're IT Bert!~*

Hold on to the thread
    The currents will shift
    justam wrote:
    I haven't read this whole thread but it seems like these are good tips:

get enough sleep
    eat moderately
    stay clean
    and keep your soul glowing

You can't go wrong with that.

(Oh, and buy stuff that keeps your skin soft and helps you smell good.) :D

:) That's great advice am and so very true. Except it aint working for me so much anymore. :( I think I've got to the age where I need extra help! :D Hence the experimenting with different products. But I'm all for smells good and soft skin! :D
    NOPE!!!

*~You're IT Bert!~*

Hold on to the thread
    The currents will shift
    no no no no no no no, cate does not shop in frou frou smelly girlie shops. :D:D:p

haha! :D It's all made with fresh fruits, herbs and vegetables cate and it has minimal packaging. Surely you buy soap? ;)
    NOPE!!!

*~You're IT Bert!~*

Hold on to the thread
    The currents will shift
    Jeanie wrote:
    haha! :D It's all made with fresh fruits, herbs and vegetables cate and it has minimal packaging. Surely you buy soap? ;)

yeah, but not smelly soap. tis either sandalwood or dove. i want to smell like me, not fairyfloss.
    and the same goes for men, i want to be able to smell his natural scent not his cologne or aftershave or whatever.
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
    Jeanie wrote:
    Which jelly soap was it? I've found the herbalism in the catalogue. It sounds AWESOME!!! :D

I found with the buffy that I could rub it over me once and then lather what had gone onto my skin just using my hands. That way not so much gets used AND it's not so hurty either! :)

i got the deep sleep jelly... i thought it would be nice since i take showers at night to have that.. it smells like yummmy lavender.. the only problem i have is keeping the jelly in my hands.. it tends to want to fly everywhere!

herbalism is awesome. i have such oily skin but its also dehydrated so i could never get the balance of moisture without the oil.. but it really seems to do the trick. it comes in these funky little green squares and you just rub it all over your face. it almost feels like clay.

i looooove lush! the only sadness i get from them is their products dont last longer.. since they are all natural they tend to break apart quicker.. but htats ok.

now can we speak honestly about the buffy.. have you seen any "changes" after using it? (its supposed to get rid of cellulite!??!?!?!)
  • lgtlgt Posts: 720
    Jeanie wrote:
    I got that Buffy The Backside Slayer exfoliator bar because lgt, ( I think ) said she uses it on her face even.

hey Jeanie, yup, it's me, I use the Buffy exfoliator but just on the body. For the face, actually, no exfoliator now (allegedly my skin is even too sensitive for that!), so just sponge/cloth to rinse off the cleansing milk at night; oh and facials for deep cleansing 3/4 times a year (living in a big polluted city doesn't help!).

So, how do you like it? It does leave the skin soft afterwards, doesn't it?

I must check the banana moisturiser, although I am not into fruity smells, more flowers, but it works wonders on the skin, I'll try it out.

Mmm, a stop in Regent St might be in order soon! :)
    yeah, but not smelly soap. tis either sandalwood or dove. i want to smell like me, not fairyfloss.
    and the same goes for men, i want to be able to smell his natural scent not his cologne or aftershave or whatever.

Yeah, I understand but I can't say that I am "over fragranced". The stuff smells beautiful while you're using it, but I don't think it makes you smell like a fruit salad after. :)
    NOPE!!!

*~You're IT Bert!~*

Hold on to the thread
    The currents will shift
    AllIAm wrote:
    now can we speak honestly about the buffy.. have you seen any "changes" after using it? (its supposed to get rid of cellulite!??!?!?!)

Really???!!! wow, I didn't know about this claim.

I guess it might be because you can use it as a massage bar? [hence massage works the lymphatic system, and helps get rid of toxins?]
    lgt wrote:
    hey Jeanie, yup, it's me, I use the Buffy exfoliator but just on the body. For the face, actually, no exfoliator now (allegedly my skin is even too sensitive for that!), so just sponge/cloth to rinse off the cleansing milk at night; oh and facials for deep cleansing 3/4 times a year (living in a big polluted city doesn't help!).

I must check the banana moisturiser, although I am not into fruity smells, more flowers, but it works wonders on the skin, I'll try it out.

check out dermalogica products if you havent already... they are soooo non abrasive and you can use it on any kind of skin.. they have a gentle cream exfoliant that works wonders.. you dont realize how much dead skin your face has until you get rid of it all. i have extremely sensative skin and i use their skin prep scrub. and we are best friends now.
    AllIAm wrote:
    check out dermalogica products if you havent already... they are soooo non abrasive and you can use it on any kind of skin.. they have a gentle cream exfoliant that works wonders.. you dont realize how much dead skin your face has until you get rid of it all. i have extremely sensative skin and i use their skin prep scrub. and we are best friends now.

Interesting, because the beauty therapist who advised me against exfoliating (she even told me even not to put direct water from the shower on my face, in order to avoid risk breaking capillaries) told me not to have a Dermatologica facial because their products are too strong, so I had another type (more calming, aromatherapy type).

Ok, if you recommend it I'll give it a try. I once tried the Origins sensitive exfoliator for the face (cannot remember the name), but in general I avoid exfoliating my face, only doing it when I have a facial.

I am very protective of my skin - the older I get the more I realise what an asset it is!

Thanks for the tip! :)
    AllIAm wrote:
    i got the deep sleep jelly... i thought it would be nice since i take showers at night to have that.. it smells like yummmy lavender.. the only problem i have is keeping the jelly in my hands.. it tends to want to fly everywhere!

herbalism is awesome. i have such oily skin but its also dehydrated so i could never get the balance of moisture without the oil.. but it really seems to do the trick. it comes in these funky little green squares and you just rub it all over your face. it almost feels like clay.

i looooove lush! the only sadness i get from them is their products dont last longer.. since they are all natural they tend to break apart quicker.. but htats ok.

mmmm.... :) I'm just reading about the Deep Sleep jelly now in the Lush Times. It sounds NICE! Although the slippery probably wouldn't do me much good, I'm bad enough now with just normal soap! But if it makes you snoozy I'm all for that!

The herbalism sounds awesome too! Almonds, rosemary and China clay. :)
    I found that the stuff I bought is not very "hardy". I get the impression that it won't keep well. But it smells so nice and feels so good, I don't really care!

I've only used the Buffy once, today, so I can't really say about the cellulite going anywhere, but then I didn't really get it with that in mind. I just wanted to improve my overall skin condition and lgt had said that she uses it on her face. My face does feel much smoother and less dry. I'd probably have to try it a few more times, but to be honest I'm not holding out great hopes that my cellulite will be going anywhere anytime soon and seeing as it's behind me I don't worry about it so much anyway! :D
    NOPE!!!

*~You're IT Bert!~*

Hold on to the thread
    The currents will shift
    lgt wrote:

:) Oh well I totally mucked that up then! haha! I used it on my face and it feels pretty good. I used it all over actually and I'm feeling very soft and shiny. :) I haven't done a facial in a while, because of this broken capillary shit that's going on. I don't want to be upsetting it. My skin, particularly on my face, has changed so much. I'm starting to wonder if it's my meds. I am loving the Buffy and the Sympathy is just magical! It doesn't really smell of bananas. It's quite a mild and pleasant smell. The girl actually recommended the Dream Cream for me, because I get psoriasis and upset skin sometimes, but to be honest I prefered the Sympathy. It's just made my skin so soft without being greasy. I'm amazed, because my hands were really getting quite bad and you'd never know it now! I can actually smell just a really faint vanilla fragrance and no banana at all. Yeah, I love this stuff! :)
    NOPE!!!

*~You're IT Bert!~*

Hold on to the thread
    The currents will shift
    lgt wrote:
    Interesting, because the beauty therapist who advised me against exfoliating (she even told me even not to put direct water from the shower on my face, in order to avoid risk breaking capillaries) told me not to have a Dermatologica facial because their products are too strong, so I had another type (more calming, aromatherapy type).

Ok, if you recommend it I'll give it a try. I once tried the Origins sensitive exfoliator for the face (cannot remember the name), but in general I avoid exfoliating my face, only doing it when I have a facial.

I am very protective of my skin - the older I get the more I realise what an asset it is!

Thanks for the tip! :)

ok so here's the thing.. do you see the therapist all the time or was that a one shot deal... i only ask because i used to work in a salon and i can tell you that sometimes people don't reccomend things cuase they are too lazy to show you how they work. im not lying.. the girls i worked iwth just didnt want to be bothered with answering questions about the product. its sad.

if you have broken capilaries on your face i would consult a dermatologist before you do anything. but as someone who has sold the product for a long time and has used every thing in their line i can say that it is very mild.

when you go to seek it out ... ask for samples.. they ALWAYS send samples to the company buying it...so if they say they dont have any they are lying.

good luck!
    Jeanie wrote:
    mmmm.... :) I'm just reading about the Deep Sleep jelly now in the Lush Times. It sounds NICE! Although the slippery probably wouldn't do me much good, I'm bad enough now with just normal soap! But if it makes you snoozy I'm all for that!

The herbalism sounds awesome too! Almonds, rosemary and China clay. :)
    I found that the stuff I bought is not very "hardy". I get the impression that it won't keep well. But it smells so nice and feels so good, I don't really care!

I've only used the Buffy once, today, so I can't really say about the cellulite going anywhere, but then I didn't really get it with that in mind. I just wanted to improve my overall skin condition and lgt had said that she uses it on her face. My face does feel much smoother and less dry. I'd probably have to try it a few more times, but to be honest I'm not holding out great hopes that my cellulite will be going anywhere anytime soon and seeing as it's behind me I don't worry about it so much anyway! :D

it is quite nice.. its a fun bright orange too and i love the feeling of putting your hand in some jelly. my boyfriend has even used it and said he likes it too. it really is calming and nice for a before bed treat.

i didnt know about the cellulite thing either... she just told me i could pick out a free item and when she said that name i giggled and thought ok i have to have this.. and hten she told me thats what its for.. i gave her a dirty look too hahhah. and then of course when i brought it all home we had people over that night and my boyfriend proceeded to tell them that i bought a bath bar that gets rid of cellulite.. moooortified.
    AllIAm wrote:
    it is quite nice.. its a fun bright orange too and i love the feeling of putting your hand in some jelly. my boyfriend has even used it and said he likes it too. it really is calming and nice for a before bed treat.

i didnt know about the cellulite thing either... she just told me i could pick out a free item and when she said that name i giggled and thought ok i have to have this.. and hten she told me thats what its for.. i gave her a dirty look too hahhah. and then of course when i brought it all home we had people over that night and my boyfriend proceeded to tell them that i bought a bath bar that gets rid of cellulite.. moooortified.

:D did you clobber him? I would have! quick backhand to the head I reckon! ;)
    I mean what boy doesn't know that a girl's cellulite is NEVER mentioned??? And in company?? :eek:

I've been having a look through the catalogue and I'm definitely going back for more! There's so much stuff in here! I can't wait! :)
    NOPE!!!

*~You're IT Bert!~*

Hold on to the thread
    The currents will shift
    Jeanie wrote:
    :D did you clobber him? I would have! quick backhand to the head I reckon! ;)
    I mean what boy doesn't know that a girl's cellulite is NEVER mentioned??? And in company?? :eek:

I've been having a look through the catalogue and I'm definitely going back for more! There's so much stuff in here! I can't wait! :)

it was kind of too funny to get mad. i quickly piped up and told them it was a free gift heheh. he's too adorable to smack around hehe.

now im looking at the website. ive always wanted to try the bath bombs but i live in apartments and i just can't bring myself to take a bath.. i know its silly but its just how i am hahaha. i love how when you walk in they always want to slather you with something. i wonder how their hair products work..

i need to stop right now haha. the problem is there are 2 stores veeeery close to me.. one right by where i get the bus every morning. soooo not good
  • well, we have another lush fan. I did a speed shop in there Friday after work with the help of a very attentive shop assistant.

I got:

Deep Sleep jelly - I LOVE the smell, but it's just too much trouble. I won't get that again.

Curly wurly shampoo - my hair has never felt so clean and smelled so fab... I love it.

can't remember the name of the conditioner but it's coconut also - it's ok, love the smell too.

Ocean salt facial scrub - WOW! I absolutely love this... my skin feels so soft and is glowing.

Avocado face mask (which I got free) - I just want to eat this. Made my face even softer and more glowing than the scrub.

My favourite:

Aqua mirabilis (sp?) buffer - this is absolutely fantastic. She advised me against the 'buffy' after I said I don't want anything oily. But this one is just soooo good and another one I really wanna eat.
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life