PJ Girlies let's talk beauty tips!

Comments

• you areyou are Posts: 1,651
    *dawn* wrote:
    I am acne prone, and I don't know that it clears it up - but it doesn't cause acne like other types of foundation do, kwim? It feels very natural too. (I do not wear makeup on a daily basis - only when going out.) It was nice to get the free sample - they say it lasts for three applications, but mine lasted much longer than that. I adore their eye shadow!

ok, i'll have to look into it. thanks!

also, i'm too excited to wait 2 weeks for results, because i already got 'em - i tried new skin care from LUSH and it worked wonders! i tried it for the first time last night and this morning and people at work say my skin is glowing! :p i bought the Aqua Marina cleanser, the Eau Roma Water toner, and the Celestial moisturizer, and my skin feels soooo good!

fyi - the cleanser is kind of gross. the texture is clay-like (like a mask) but there's no clay in it. it smells pretty bad, but it made my skin feel great. i have acne prone, dry, flakey, and oily skin (lovely :D), BUT this combination of skin care products seems to have evened out my skin overnight. hopefully that could help someone else with crazy skin problems. :)
    No need to be void, or save up on life...
    You got to spend it all
  • dawngdawng Posts: 644
    you are wrote:
    ok, i'll have to look into it. thanks!

also, i'm too excited to wait 2 weeks for results, because i already got 'em - i tried new skin care from LUSH and it worked wonders! i tried it for the first time last night and this morning and people at work say my skin is glowing! :p i bought the Aqua Marina cleanser, the Eau Roma Water toner, and the Celestial moisturizer, and my skin feels soooo good!

fyi - the cleanser is kind of gross. the texture is clay-like (like a mask) but there's no clay in it. it smells pretty bad, but it made my skin feel great. i have acne prone, dry, flakey, and oily skin (lovely :D), BUT this combination of skin care products seems to have evened out my skin overnight. hopefully that could help someone else with crazy skin problems. :)

I did the same thing...after reading all the gals with their great results, I went into Lush and got myself some samples :) the herbalism, coal cleanser, one of the tonors (can't remember), and the ultralight moisturizer. LOVE THEM and it's only been two days! :) Thanks ladies!
    Check out my Sudsy Chick Etsy Store for all natural homemade bath products!
  • TrixieCatTrixieCat Posts: 5,756
    Awesome, inexpensive and natural:

Coconut oil.
    This stuff is amazing.
    Some of you may know i am a makeup artist. I use lots of product, get lots for gratis, etc. So I am pretty keen on what is crap and what works.
    Coconut oil is a dream in a jar for me.
    Originally bought for cooking (doesn't break down at high temps like olive oil), I have started using it as an overnight treatment for my hair and for rough patches of skin like elbows. They are not rough anymore. :p
    My hair, which is processed, is like silk.
    It doesn't smell, and easily rinses out of your hair. I use it on skin overnight.
    You can find it in health food stores.

Also a big fan of jojoba oil...especially around the eyes.
    :)
    Cause I'm broken when I'm lonesome
    And I don't feel right when you're gone away
  • NY PJ1NY PJ1 Posts: 9,533
    TrixieCat wrote:

Coconut oil.
    This stuff is amazing.
    Some of you may know i am a makeup artist. I use lots of product, get lots for gratis, etc. So I am pretty keen on what is crap and what works.
    Originally bought for cooking (doesn't break down at high temps like olive oil), I have started using it as an overnight treatment for my hair and for rough patches of skin like elbows. They are not rough anymore. :p
    It doesn't smell, and easily rinses out of your hair. I use it on skin overnight.

puuuurrrrrr
  • TrixieCat wrote:

Coconut oil.
    This stuff is amazing.

I didn't know you were a make-up artist, that's cool! I love playing with make-up and trying new products.

I never heard of coconut oil used for beauty purposes, how long do you leave it in your hair before you rinse? I'll have to pick up a jar and experiment on myself.
    "you shall be released" ~ EV
  • urbanhippieurbanhippie Posts: 3,007
    I'm a huge fan of Lush products, they're awesome :)

Has anyone here tried their make-up range? Any good?
    A human being that was given to fly.

Wembley 18/06/07

If there was a reason, it was you.

O2 Arena 18/09/09
    I didn't know you were a make-up artist, that's cool! I love playing with make-up and trying new products.

I never heard of coconut oil used for beauty purposes, how long do you leave it in your hair before you rinse? I'll have to pick up a jar and experiment on myself.
    I left mine on overnight. My hair needed it. :o I would say an hour should be good. At the health food store it comes in jars like a mayo. It is in a solid form. Just warm it between your hands.
  • edvedder913edvedder913 Posts: 1,810
    NY PJ1 wrote:
    puuuurrrrrr

i find it rather humorous that you are even in this thread :)

Trix - thanks for the tip - my hair is in dire need of something - very overprocessed. i am going to give that coconut oil a try!!
  • NY PJ1 wrote:
    puuuurrrrrr

dynamite drop in.....
    Reading 2004
    Albany 2006 Camden 2006 E. Rutherford 2, 2006 Inglewood 2006,
    Chicago 2007
    Camden 2008 MSG 2008 MSG 2008 Hartford 2008.
    Seattle 2009 Seattle 2009 Philadelphia 2009,Philadelphia 2009 Philadelphia 2009
    Hartford 2010 MSG 2010 MSG 2010
    Toronto 2011,Toronto 2011
    Wrigley Field 2013 Brooklyn 2013 Brooklyn 2013 Philadelphia 2, 2013
    Philadelphia 1, 2016 Philadelphia 2 2016 New York 2016 New York 2016 Fenway 1, 2016
    Fenway 2, 2018
    MSG 2022
    St. Paul, 1, St. Paul 2 2023
    MSG 2024, MSG 2024
    Philadelphia 2024
    "I play good, hard-nosed basketball.
    Things happen in the game. Nothing you
    can do. I don't go and say,
    "I'm gonna beat this guy up."
  • edvedder913edvedder913 Posts: 1,810
    dynamite drop in.....

and another one! ha ha - you guys need some beauty tips?!?!?!
  • and another one! ha ha - you guys need some beauty tips?!?!?!

nah, just a haircut..
    Reading 2004
    Albany 2006 Camden 2006 E. Rutherford 2, 2006 Inglewood 2006,
    Chicago 2007
    Camden 2008 MSG 2008 MSG 2008 Hartford 2008.
    Seattle 2009 Seattle 2009 Philadelphia 2009,Philadelphia 2009 Philadelphia 2009
    Hartford 2010 MSG 2010 MSG 2010
    Toronto 2011,Toronto 2011
    Wrigley Field 2013 Brooklyn 2013 Brooklyn 2013 Philadelphia 2, 2013
    Philadelphia 1, 2016 Philadelphia 2 2016 New York 2016 New York 2016 Fenway 1, 2016
    Fenway 2, 2018
    MSG 2022
    St. Paul, 1, St. Paul 2 2023
    MSG 2024, MSG 2024
    Philadelphia 2024
    "I play good, hard-nosed basketball.
    Things happen in the game. Nothing you
    can do. I don't go and say,
    "I'm gonna beat this guy up."
  • JennytreeJennytree Posts: 5,340
    I'm a huge fan of Lush products, they're awesome :)

Has anyone here tried their make-up range? Any good?

Be never too busy to be beautiful, daaahling :D I spent aaages in that shop in Covent Garden, and got me some snazzy eyeshadows and liners. I found them pretty awesome, really bright with lots of staying power!
    This is me:
    http://www.facebook.com/jennytree

SMELL YER MA!
  • JennytreeJennytree Posts: 5,340
    My top beauty thingies this week:

- Soap and Glory Flake Away: Totally awesome scrubber, leaves skin really soft
    - Urban Decay Primer Potion: A must-have for anyone who wears eyeshadow! Makes colours more vibrant and long-lasting
    - Fyrinnae Mineral Make up - all of their products are awesome!
    This is me:
    http://www.facebook.com/jennytree

SMELL YER MA!
  • JaneNYJaneNY Posts: 4,438
    Jennytree wrote:
    - Urban Decay Primer Potion: A must-have for anyone who wears eyeshadow! Makes colours more vibrant and long-lasting

I use that - it really does work - your shadow will stay good all day if you use that.
    R.i.p. Rigoberto Alpizar.
    R.i.p. My Dad - May 28, 2007
    R.i.p. Black Tail (cat) - Sept. 20, 2008
  • urbanhippieurbanhippie Posts: 3,007
    Jennytree wrote:
    Be never too busy to be beautiful, daaahling :D I spent aaages in that shop in Covent Garden, and got me some snazzy eyeshadows and liners. I found them pretty awesome, really bright with lots of staying power!
    I feel a spree coming on ;)
    A human being that was given to fly.

Wembley 18/06/07

If there was a reason, it was you.

O2 Arena 18/09/09
  • comebackwomancomebackwoman Posts: 7,271
    I just bought the new Burberry perfume - The Beat. This stuff smells so good. Nice and light. I think it's a new favorite. I got Ralph Lauren Wild too. It smells just like rasberries. I don't usually like fruity smells, but this one is really light and fresh...probably good for really hot days.

Has anyone tried Bare Escentuals make up? I've been wanting to try it and wondering if it's all it's cracked up to be.
    There's a light when my baby's in my arms :)
  • writersuwritersu Posts: 1,867
    please forgive me if this has been mentioned already, but anything by Korres is awesome
    Baby, You Wouldn't Last a Minute on The Creek......

Together we will float like angels.........

In the moment that you left the room, the album started skipping, goodbye to beauty shared with the ones that you love.........
    I just bought the new Burberry perfume - The Beat. This stuff smells so good. Nice and light. I think it's a new favorite. I got Ralph Lauren Wild too. It smells just like rasberries. I don't usually like fruity smells, but this one is really light and fresh...probably good for really hot days.

Has anyone tried Bare Escentuals make up? I've been wanting to try it and wondering if it's all it's cracked up to be.

I tried it but ended up looking like I had like 10 pounds of powder on my face. So I didn't try again. But every time I see the add for it, I think "wtf did I do wrong???"

Burberry beat does smell good. I just reorderd Philosophy's Amazing Grace...thats a good scent too.

I like HSN Toni Bratton hair pieces too, they're good and natural looking. (they're like pony tails and stuff---just to clear up that I don't wear full wigs....)

In the moment that you left the room, the album started skipping, goodbye to beauty shared with the ones that you love.........
  • roarroar Posts: 1,116

I bought it and really like it.

It blends well, lasts all day, and feels really light on your face. It's easy to use -- done in five minutes.

I bought the regular get started kit and the complexion enhancers kit: faux tan, shimmer powder, blush, concealer and "well rested" powder for your eyes (which i love.)

I'd suggest buying it from Nordstrom...because they can match you with the right colors, and if you don't like it you can always take it back. ;)
    writersu wrote:
    I tried it but ended up looking like I had like 10 pounds of powder on my face. So I didn't try again. But every time I see the add for it, I think "wtf did I do wrong???"

Burberry beat does smell good. I just reorderd Philosophy's Amazing Grace...thats a good scent too.

I like HSN Toni Bratton hair pieces too, they're good and natural looking. (they're like pony tails and stuff---just to clear up that I don't wear full wigs....)
    I haven't smelled the Amazing Grace - I'll give it a try

maybe the bare escentuals colors were wrong for your skin tone? that could be why it looked like so much make-up - especially if it's too dark - I've made that mistake with other make-up before
    roar wrote:

It blends well, lasts all day, and feels really light on your face. It's easy to use -- done in five minutes.

I bought the regular get started kit and the complexion enhancers kit: faux tan, shimmer powder, blush, concealer and "well rested" powder for your eyes (which i love.)

I'd suggest buying it from Nordstrom...because they can match you with the right colors, and if you don't like it you can always take it back. ;)
    Yeah - I've been dying to try this stuff cause it looks like it makes your face look flawless. I was thinking of starting with the kit too - but I definitely need someone to help me pick out the right colors - I'm not very good at that!
  • given2fly78given2fly78 Posts: 404
    writersu wrote:

LOL to the powder comment. I have some, not sure I like it either. I had problems looking powdery OR snorting a shitload up my nose while I was trying to apply. But once I got the hang of it, it's OK. I at least want to use it up.

I got The Body Shop Vitamin E Mist to "set" my makeup and it makes the mineral foundation look so much better AND takes away the powdery death look!
    "Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. "
    Albert Einstein (1879-1955)

I saw Hard To Imagine LIVE at MSG!
    Yeah - I've been dying to try this stuff cause it looks like it makes your face look flawless. I was thinking of starting with the kit too - but I definitely need someone to help me pick out the right colors - I'm not very good at that!

ok, so it's a farrrrrr out long shot; never will happen sort of thing, but maybe if any of you gals are in chicago we can plan to meet up downtown and have all the beauty "experts" give us makeup tips and then we can go for margaritas!!

• drivingrldrivingrl Posts: 1,448
    roar wrote:

Is it expensive?
    drivingrl: "Will I ever get to meet Gwen Stefani?"
    kevinbeetle: "Yes. When her career washes up and her and Gavin move to Galveston, you will meet her at Hot Topic shopping for a Japanese cheerleader outfit.

Next!"
    I haven't smelled the Amazing Grace - I'll give it a try

maybe the bare escentuals colors were wrong for your skin tone? that could be why it looked like so much make-up - especially if it's too dark - I've made that mistake with other make-up before

yeah, go on the Sephora website and they have the mini bottles for $15 to try out. It smells like a really pretty light clean soap fragrance.

LOL to the powder comment. I have some, not sure I like it either. I had problems looking powdery OR snorting a shitload up my nose while I was trying to apply. But once I got the hang of it, it's OK. I at least want to use it up.

I got The Body Shop Vitamin E Mist to "set" my makeup and it makes the mineral foundation look so much better AND takes away the powdery death look!
    The MAC Fix+ spray is great for setting minerals and powders too. And smells awesome.
    writersu wrote:
    ok, so it's a farrrrrr out long shot; never will happen sort of thing, but maybe if any of you gals are in chicago we can plan to meet up downtown and have all the beauty "experts" give us makeup tips and then we can go for margaritas!!
    I would love that :) Sounds like the perfect day!
    writersu wrote:
    yeah, go on the Sephora website and they have the mini bottles for $15 to try out. It smells like a really pretty light clean soap fragrance.

mmmm...sounds perfect - I like light fragrances the best. There's a sephora near my house...I'm gonna stop on my way home and see if they have it there
    I would love that :) Sounds like the perfect day!

mmmm...sounds perfect - I like light fragrances the best. There's a sephora near my house...I'm gonna stop on my way home and see if they have it there

yeah, I agree. Like in June when it is just bursting with the promise of summer.......

let me know if you like the amazing grace. I brought it to the only trip I have taken to Hawaii and California and it reminds me of the good times........

• roarroar Posts: 1,116
    drivingrl wrote:
    Is it expensive?

it seems kinda pricey, but it lasts forever.

trixie is soooo right about the MAC Fix...mmmm. love it. :)
    roar wrote:

I bought it! I don't usually use foundation so I just bought the complexion enhancers kit and I love it! The well rested powder is amazing.
    writersu wrote:

let me know if you like the amazing grace. I brought it to the only trip I have taken to Hawaii and California and it reminds me of the good times........
    I liked the amazing grace too - it smelled a little strong at first...but after it settled it was really light and pretty