PJ Girlies let's talk beauty tips!

Comments

• writersuwritersu Posts: 1,867
    I bought it! I don't usually use foundation so I just bought the complexion enhancers kit and I love it! The well rested powder is amazing.

I liked the amazing grace too - it smelled a little strong at first...but after it settled it was really light and pretty

I was wondering what you thought.....

glad you liked it..........

hey is the date in June the wedding date??
    Baby, You Wouldn't Last a Minute on The Creek......

Together we will float like angels.........

In the moment that you left the room, the album started skipping, goodbye to beauty shared with the ones that you love.........
  • comebackwomancomebackwoman Posts: 7,271
    writersu wrote:
    I was wondering what you thought.....

glad you liked it..........

hey is the date in June the wedding date??
    No...it's the date of our next visit. The wedding won't be till the end of 2009...unfortunately it's taking a loooooong time for my visa to be processed
    There's a light when my baby's in my arms :)
    No...it's the date of our next visit. The wedding won't be till the end of 2009...unfortunately it's taking a loooooong time for my visa to be processed

oh, well then maybe we can still plan our chicago day out.

We have Senrock so far and GreySaturday

it would be so cool to get together for real. so will you move there when you marry?

In the moment that you left the room, the album started skipping, goodbye to beauty shared with the ones that you love.........
    writersu wrote:
    oh, well then maybe we can still plan our chicago day out.

We have Senrock so far and GreySaturday

it would be so cool to get together for real. so will you move there when you marry?
    Cool! I've never been to Chicago...would be the perfect trip.

Hopefully I'll be there well before this time next year...the plan is for me to live and work there for a while before the wedding.
  • TrixieCatTrixieCat Posts: 5,756
    I know it is a long ways away, but you should stay away from the mineral foundation for your wedding. It doesn't photograph very well.
    Here is a good suggestion: fly me out to Australia and I will airbrush you. :)

The minerals reflect too much light and if the photographer is using any sort of flash, it will reflect off the minerals.
    Cause I'm broken when I'm lonesome
    And I don't feel right when you're gone away
    TrixieCat wrote:
    I know it is a long ways away, but you should stay away from the mineral foundation for your wedding. It doesn't photograph very well.
    Here is a good suggestion: fly me out to Australia and I will airbrush you. :)

The minerals reflect too much light and if the photographer is using any sort of flash, it will reflect off the minerals.
    Thank you! I don't wanna look all shiney in the pics! :eek: I am up for flying you out! I want a pro to do my make-up and it would be nice to have a PJ friend at the wedding! :)
  • decides2dreamdecides2dream Posts: 14,977
    writersu wrote:
    . I just reorderd Philosophy's Amazing Grace...thats a good scent too.

i LOVE this scent....and so does my husband. ;)

truly, it is GREAT!

for a while there, it looked like my fave 'daily scent' was being discontinued: believe it or not ;)dream more by the gap. fantastic stuff, always get compliments....and yes, smells so dreamy. :D

so i started looking/sniffing around for a new scent. :p fell in love with amazing grace

however, ends up my dream more is still being made....and i stocked up just in case too......so i save the amazing grace for once in a while, keep it *special*

also really love bath and body works body sprays. so inexpensive but great, light scents! my husband is quite fond of cucumber melon on me...but i also really love the mango citrus....smells like summer! :)
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

I am myself like you somehow

• Heineken HelenHeineken Helen Posts: 18,095
    my new 'can't get enough of it' perfume is Britneys Midnight fantasy :D

Yep, it's fab :)
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Verona??? it's all surmountable
    Dublin 23.08.06 "The beauty of Ireland, right there!"
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Copenhagen?? your light made us stars
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
    Had I not found this love with you
  • NY PJ1NY PJ1 Posts: 9,533
    heres a tip ,,where lots of perfume to cover the odor up

truly, it is GREAT!

for a while there, it looked like my fave 'daily scent' was being discontinued: believe it or not ;)dream more by the gap. fantastic stuff, always get compliments....and yes, smells so dreamy. :D

so i started looking/sniffing around for a new scent. :p fell in love with amazing grace

however, ends up my dream more is still being made....and i stocked up just in case too......so i save the amazing grace for once in a while, keep it *special*

also really love bath and body works body sprays. so inexpensive but great, light scents! my husband is quite fond of cucumber melon on me...but i also really love the mango citrus....smells like summer! :)

I like Amazing Grace. It comes in a body lotion, a bubble bath, a body wash/shampoo. The Body lotion and body wash are lighter than the frangrance for those who think it is too strong as a lotion.

But one of my best tips is to use DrFeelgood by Benefit. It is a really good, cream based waxed foundation primer that makes the foundation slide on and makes your face look smooth and even.

share what you have found.

Hey, anyone know a great way to look finished but not overdone using make up that would truly give you a natural sun tanned look with like lips in some sort of berry or pink color? I wouild like to know how to make that happen.
    thanks.............

• shell bellshell bell Posts: 337
    ok,I got a perfume sampler from Sephora for xmas and the two scents that I LOVED were Philosophy's Amazing Grace and the new scent from Stella McCartney.
    As for the other beatuty stuff that I've bought since I last visited this thread.I got some Dr. Bigelows Lemon Lip cream from bath and body works. Love this stuff, it's a nice gloss that moisturizes.
    I also bought some pink grapefruit lip butter from the Body Shop.Good stuff too.
    when you get confused just listen to the music play........

"You damn well can't lick the system,but you can sure give it a good fondeling."-sleazy estate man(Hugh Laurie on A bit of Fry and Laurie)

"Judas Priest on a two stroke moped!"(Stephen Fry)
  • joebotjoebot Posts: 372
    First I have to say I have a penis. That being said, I am a fan of scent.
    I mourn the discontinuation of Sephora's Coffee and Cream body wash. I bought a bunch of bottles of it and now I can't find it anymore. I will have to use it sparingly, what a drag. Great Scent. Thank you 4 letting me share.
  • I'm going organic...well not really but I'm slowly eliminating all beauty products that contain cancer causing ingredients .....it is a tough change.... cause some products have been easily replacable like the soap I now use (dr bronners and avalon skin care products), some are not as easily replaceabe...I recently found a conditioning shampoo I love and I'm not ready to give it up yet...there are many heathy hair alternatives but I'm not ready to switch....... and i like perfume lotions but the ones at the whole foods place dont smell as good..makeup in another issue.....

i guess I can't change everything over night..but maybe, hopefully, changing just one thing (at a time) would allow me to live a healthier lifestyle....:)
    Thank you! I don't wanna look all shiney in the pics! :eek: I am up for flying you out! I want a pro to do my make-up and it would be nice to have a PJ friend at the wedding! :)
    Too bad that new plane/spaceship that can fly you from London to Sydney in 4 hours won't be ready then.
    :)
    Maybe I will take a holiday in 2010.

If I don't, use blot papers, not powder for touching up throughout the day.
    And bring your blush so you can add more color if it fades before pix.
    TrixieCat wrote:
    Too bad that new plane/spaceship that can fly you from London to Sydney in 4 hours won't be ready then.
    :)
    Maybe I will take a holiday in 2010.

If I don't, use blot papers, not powder for touching up throughout the day.
    And bring your blush so you can add more color if it fades before pix.
    Thanks for the tips! :) Now let's get cracking on that spaceship...god would it make my life so much easier :D
    Thanks for the tips! :) Now let's get cracking on that spaceship...god would it make my life so much easier :D
    lol...spaceship
    It is really expensive. Like 100k for a trip! :eek:
    Oh and false lashes, even though you have nice lashes it seems. The little individual ones can blend in perfectly and really open up the eye, moreso than curling.
    I love doing bridal makeup. :o
    TrixieCat wrote:
    lol...spaceship
    It is really expensive. Like 100k for a trip! :eek:
    Oh and false lashes, even though you have nice lashes it seems. The little individual ones can blend in perfectly and really open up the eye, moreso than curling.
    I love doing bridal makeup. :o
    yeah...at 100k it's not gonna happen :eek:
    Ok...then we have to figure out a way to bring you with me!
    I use the individual lashes for special occasions...just on the corner of my eyes. They make me feel pretty :o
    shell bell wrote:
    ok,I got a perfume sampler from Sephora for xmas and the two scents that I LOVED were Philosophy's Amazing Grace and the new scent from Stella McCartney.
    As for the other beatuty stuff that I've bought since I last visited this thread.I got some Dr. Bigelows Lemon Lip cream from bath and body works. Love this stuff, it's a nice gloss that moisturizes.
    I also bought some pink grapefruit lip butter from the Body Shop.Good stuff too.

yeah, Stella Peony right?

• PearlsGirlPearlsGirl Posts: 257
    I was feeling kinda low the other day and so I went to Nordstrom and bought myself the new perfume by John Varvatos. It's magnificent! and it definitely adds sex appeal. I wore it when I went out last friday and yeah, I did turn heads, in a good way. It's my new perfume when I go out with just the girls. I used to wear Euphoria, by Calvin Klein, and it pretty much has the same affect.
    Don't let the world bring you down, not everyone here is that fucked up and cold. Remember why you came and while you're alive, experience the warmth before you grow old.

Best two days of my life: Oasis at MSG and Pearl Jam at the Gorge.
  • urbanhippieurbanhippie Posts: 3,007
    Lush's new 'Joy of Jelly' shower soap is amazing...

It smells divine and the jar carries the instructions 'save water..share your shower...' ;):D
    A human being that was given to fly.

Wembley 18/06/07

If there was a reason, it was you.

O2 Arena 18/09/09
  • libragirllibragirl Posts: 4,632
    Does anyone here wear Light Blue by Dolce and Gabbana? It's such a nice scent, it's so light that you can safely wear it in the Summer.
    These cuts are leaving creases. Trace the scars to fit the pieces, to tell the story, you don't need to say a word.
  • JaneNYJaneNY Posts: 4,438
    Lush's new 'Joy of Jelly' shower soap is amazing...

It smells divine and the jar carries the instructions 'save water..share your shower...' ;):D

Oh my GOD I love that scent. They've had Joy of Jelly for a while, but discontinued it for a while. If they ever make it into a solid perfume I will die happy. It is one of the best scents ever.

Someone mentioned Sephora. That is a dangerous place! It has Urban Decay products which are beautiful. I recently bought this eye shadow box and it is so handy for travel:
    http://www.urbandecay.com/categories/EyeshadowAmmoShadowBox.cfm

Whoever mentioned organic, all Lush products are, I believe, and many of them are vegan too.
    R.i.p. Rigoberto Alpizar.
    R.i.p. My Dad - May 28, 2007
    R.i.p. Black Tail (cat) - Sept. 20, 2008
  • libragirllibragirl Posts: 4,632
    JaneNY wrote:
    Oh my GOD I love that scent. They've had Joy of Jelly for a while, but discontinued it for a while. If they ever make it into a solid perfume I will die happy. It is one of the best scents ever.

Someone mentioned Sephora. That is a dangerous place! It has Urban Decay products which are beautiful. I recently bought this eye shadow box and it is so handy for travel:
    http://www.urbandecay.com/categories/EyeshadowAmmoShadowBox.cfm

Whoever mentioned organic, all Lush products are, I believe, and many of them are vegan too.

oooo..I love urban decay and I have that ammo box. It's great.
    These cuts are leaving creases. Trace the scars to fit the pieces, to tell the story, you don't need to say a word.

truly, it is GREAT!

around the holidays they have gift sets of their body shampoo, lotion and bubble bath. I also love this scent.

• JeanieJeanie Posts: 9,446
    I got questions but who the f*ck am I gonna ask?

YOU!!! :D

If any of you have ever used mineral make-up I'd really like to know your experiences and thoughts please. :) I had my face done last night with mineral make up and I was pretty pleased with the result and the feel of it on my skin, I'm just wondering, seeing as it's not cheap, what possible negatives there are before I invest.

Also I'm wanting to know about waxing and fake tanning. I know we've probably covered it before but I'd really like some help with it now please. :)

I'm wondering of the spray booth fake tans, how long do they normally last and have you had any problems with them coming off onto clothes/bedding or coming off patchy? :)

With the waxing, well how long normally between waxing before the hair starts to grow back? And do you get those little red bumps like you do when you shave? :)
    NOPE!!!

*~You're IT Bert!~*

Hold on to the thread
    The currents will shift
  • you areyou are Posts: 1,651
    Jeanie wrote:

YOU!!! :D

If any of you have ever used mineral make-up I'd really like to know your experiences and thoughts please. :) I had my face done last night with mineral make up and I was pretty pleased with the result and the feel of it on my skin, I'm just wondering, seeing as it's not cheap, what possible negatives there are before I invest.

Also I'm wanting to know about waxing and fake tanning. I know we've probably covered it before but I'd really like some help with it now please. :)

I'm wondering of the spray booth fake tans, how long do they normally last and have you had any problems with them coming off onto clothes/bedding or coming off patchy? :)

With the waxing, well how long normally between waxing before the hair starts to grow back? And do you get those little red bumps like you do when you shave? :)

i love the mineral foundation by bare minerals.....and i recently tried e.l.f. brand and it was pretty good too. the e.l.f. brand is pretty cheap but it comes in small containers. anyway, most people i know prefer bare minerals and i know of no negatives when it comes to this foundation.

the only thing i know about waxing is hair grows back in 6 to 8 weeks. and each time it grows back thinner and slower. as far as the bumps go, i think you just have to worry about those if you get a bikini wax. the place you go to should have some stuff there that they can sell you to help with that.
    No need to be void, or save up on life...
    You got to spend it all
    Jeanie wrote:

YOU!!!

I've tried the Bare Escentuals mineral makeup and I love it! I haven't used the foundation (cause I don't use foundation) but I've used the mineral veil with the luminous finish and the All over Radiance in Pure Radiance. They both make your skin look really pretty and natural. I've gotten random compliments from strangers on my skin - even guys :p

I don't know about the spray tanning cause I've never tried it. As for waxing - it depends on your hair as to how quickly it will grow back. I can go about 6 weeks between waxes, but my friend can only go about 3 weeks (she has very thick dark hair). I have gotten those bumps - but if you use tend skin it really helps.
    http://www.sephora.com/browse/product.jhtml?id=P13024&searchString=tend%20skin
  • LONGRDLONGRD Posts: 6,036
    LongRd. Tip #3 for the ladies. :)
    These are still a no-no!
    PJ- 04/29/2003.06/24,25,27,28,30/2008.10/27,28,30,31/2009
    EV- 08/09,10/2008.06/08,09/2009
    you are wrote:
    i love the mineral foundation by bare minerals.....and i recently tried e.l.f. brand and it was pretty good too. the e.l.f. brand is pretty cheap but it comes in small containers. anyway, most people i know prefer bare minerals and i know of no negatives when it comes to this foundation.

Ok, so you dust it on and even if you get hot and sweaty it doesn't budge?
    Your skin still breathes? And do you use the colors as well? This girl that did my face last night she was using colors as eye shadow, lipstick, blush, nailpolish. Ever used any of those? :)
    you are wrote:
    the only thing i know about waxing is hair grows back in 6 to 8 weeks. and each time it grows back thinner and slower. as far as the bumps go, i think you just have to worry about those if you get a bikini wax. the place you go to should have some stuff there that they can sell you to help with that.

Cool! Thank you. :)
    NOPE!!!

*~You're IT Bert!~*

Hold on to the thread
    The currents will shift
    I've tried the Bare Escentuals mineral makeup and I love it! I haven't used the foundation (cause I don't use foundation) but I've used the mineral veil with the luminous finish and the All over Radiance in Pure Radiance. They both make your skin look really pretty and natural. I've gotten random compliments from strangers on my skin - even guys :p

How do you go with heat wearing it? Does it budge? And have you ever sweated with it on? If so what happens?

I don't know about the spray tanning cause I've never tried it. As for waxing - it depends on your hair as to how quickly it will grow back. I can go about 6 weeks between waxes, but my friend can only go about 3 weeks (she has very thick dark hair). I have gotten those bumps - but if you use tend skin it really helps.
    http://www.sephora.com/browse/product.jhtml?id=P13024&searchString=tend%20skin [/quote]

So maybe I should get waxing done before my trip to see how long it takes to grow? Oh and thanks for the link hon, but we dont' have Sephora here. :(
    NOPE!!!

*~You're IT Bert!~*

Hold on to the thread
    The currents will shift