These are still a no-no!

Won't open for me. :)
    NOPE!!!

*~You're IT Bert!~*

Hold on to the thread
    The currents will shift
  • comebackwomancomebackwoman Posts: 7,271
    Jeanie wrote:
    How do you go with heat wearing it? Does it budge? And have you ever sweated with it on? If so what happens?

I don't know about the spray tanning cause I've never tried it. As for waxing - it depends on your hair as to how quickly it will grow back. I can go about 6 weeks between waxes, but my friend can only go about 3 weeks (she has very thick dark hair). I have gotten those bumps - but if you use tend skin it really helps.
    http://www.sephora.com/browse/product.jhtml?id=P13024&searchString=tend%20skin

So maybe I should get waxing done before my trip to see how long it takes to grow? Oh and thanks for the link hon, but we dont' have Sephora here. :([/quote]
    I haven't tried it in the heat yet...so I'm not sure how it will hold up. I just started using it a couple months ago and it hasn't gotten hot here yet. I should have tried it when I was in oz in December - 43 degrees would have been the true test! I don't usually use powder in the summer...so it will be interesting to see how this does.

Sorry about the link - maybe you have something similar there? I think it's basically an astringent.
    There's a light when my baby's in my arms :)
  • LizardjamLizardjam Posts: 1,121
    Jeanie wrote:
    Ok, so you dust it on and even if you get hot and sweaty it doesn't budge?
    Your skin still breathes? And do you use the colors as well? This girl that did my face last night she was using colors as eye shadow, lipstick, blush, nailpolish. Ever used any of those? :)

I've only used it on my eyes and after a day at work it settles in the creases. I can only imagine the foundation....i like the feel...but not the settlement.
    bugs in the way...I feel about you

"New music, new friends. Pearl Jam."

I like our socks. I hear we make a fine sock. I always say, You might not love our records, but I think you'll like our socks. - Stone

"This record is us speaking out in class." -EV on PJ
  • JeanieJeanie Posts: 9,446
    I haven't tried it in the heat yet...so I'm not sure how it will hold up. I just started using it a couple months ago and it hasn't gotten hot here yet. I should have tried it when I was in oz in December - 43 degrees would have been the true test! I don't usually use powder in the summer...so it will be interesting to see how this does.

Sorry about the link - maybe you have something similar there? I think it's basically an astringent.

Yep! 43c would have tested it out just nice for me! :D

I was wandering around Chadstone last night and it was warm, well because they had the aircon hiked up and it didn't budge but yeah, I'd love to know what happens when it's stinking! :)

Ok, so some kind of astringent. :) Thanks love. I guess I'll start investigating. :)
    NOPE!!!

*~You're IT Bert!~*

Hold on to the thread
    The currents will shift
    Lizardjam wrote:
    I've only used it on my eyes and after a day at work it settles in the creases. I can only imagine the foundation....i like the feel...but not the settlement.

Well I don't think I'd bother with the foundation but it's good to know that it settles in the creases, not that I expected anything more from it. Everything settles in the creases here! ;):D:o Thanks LJ. :)
    NOPE!!!

*~You're IT Bert!~*

Hold on to the thread
    The currents will shift
    Jeanie wrote:
    Well I don't think I'd bother with the foundation but it's good to know that it settles in the creases, not that I expected anything more from it. Everything settles in the creases here! ;):D:o Thanks LJ. :)

Actually i love Lorac and Mac eyeshadows. I've never had that problem with them! Since we brought back this thread(or maybe since I just came back) I have to rave about avon eyeliners. I rarely even buy avon makeup but i can't go without their black glimmerstick! They stay on all day and stay in place! I used to be a strictly liquid girl but that takes forever!

I like our socks. I hear we make a fine sock. I always say, You might not love our records, but I think you'll like our socks. - Stone

• ForestBrainForestBrain Posts: 460
    Scrub your face with sugar. Wowzers, it does a lot!

Mix honey with wheat germ and DAB it on your face, then wash it off. It opens pores.

I'm going to try a cocoa mask tonight and see what it does.
    When life gives you lemons, throw them at somebody.
    Jeanie wrote:
    Yep! 43c would have tested it out just nice for me! :D

I was wandering around Chadstone last night and it was warm, well because they had the aircon hiked up and it didn't budge but yeah, I'd love to know what happens when it's stinking! :)

Ok, so some kind of astringent. :) Thanks love. I guess I'll start investigating. :)

I like that shopping place! I spent forever there! Is that the one with Tea2?

• roarroar Posts: 1,116
    mineral makeup:
    I use the Bare Escentuals mineral makeup. I have very sensitive skin and typically hate make up, but I tolerate this stuff. It holds up pretty well in the heat (though I've only tried it in two actually humid days)...better than your average powder or liquid foundation.

I've heard of some people having a skin reaction to the bismuth in this particular brand of products, but I think that's pretty rare.

spray tanning:
    It should last 4-10 days. The more you moisturize, the longer it will last.
    Patchy? Not for me. Some parts stay darker than others as it begins to fade, but that's due to exfoliation.

Spend the extra money to have a custom airbrush spray tan. They will match the right color to your skin and spray you evenly. It will be worth it.

I don't like the booths. The color isn't the greatest and it doesn't really end up evenly applied to your body (no matter how much they tell you it will). It's no fun breathing in the spray, either. Note: if you do decide to try it, make sure you ask for foot protection/booties, otherwise you'll end up with dark brown soles like I did. ;)

waxing:
    It really depends on the person and which area you're waxing. You can always ask for a test strip if you're interested/concerned.

hope that helps! :)
    Lizardjam wrote:
    Actually i love Lorac and Mac eyeshadows. I've never had that problem with them! Since we brought back this thread(or maybe since I just came back) I have to rave about avon eyeliners. I rarely even buy avon makeup but i can't go without their black glimmerstick! They stay on all day and stay in place! I used to be a strictly liquid girl but that takes forever!

Oh I have had all kinds of pencil eyeliners. My very favorite was this beautiful green one from Estee Lauder but they don't make that colour anymore. :rolleyes:

Actually if I like it and buy it there's a really good chance they'll stop making it.

So I have a variety of different colours and brands but I've never tried Avon eyeliner, perhaps when she comes back I'll suss them out. :)
    NOPE!!!

*~You're IT Bert!~*

Hold on to the thread
    The currents will shift
    Scrub your face with sugar. Wowzers, it does a lot!

Mix honey with wheat germ and DAB it on your face, then wash it off. It opens pores.

I'm going to try a cocoa mask tonight and see what it does.

FB, did you try the cocoa mask? I mean can you remember back that far? :D

I'd like to know how it went please? :)
    NOPE!!!

*~You're IT Bert!~*

Hold on to the thread
    The currents will shift
    Lizardjam wrote:
    I like that shopping place! I spent forever there! Is that the one with Tea2?

Yup! :) That's the one. :)

They're just expanding it again. :D It's going to be MASSIVE! :D
    NOPE!!!

*~You're IT Bert!~*

Hold on to the thread
    The currents will shift
  • kcherubkcherub Posts: 961
    Sorry if this has come up previously on this thread...

I cannot stand to wear foundation and powder, but I am so pale that I need something to give me some sort of "color". I had been wanting to try one of the mineral foundations (powder form with a brush).

One of my friends talked me into doing a Mary Kay thing with her, and I was thinking "Oh, crap. I so do not want to get sucked into this!" She left me a ton of stuff (some of it I liked, some of it I didn't), but I really DID like the mineral powder foundation. It is completely in powder form and it really does cover well. I can even have a little healing pimple, and just have to put a bit more there. My skin is also kind of oily in the afternoons, and it helped with that, too.

Note about Mary Kay (and not to offend anyone who might sell it), but their products tend to have a CRAP LOAD of parabens in it. Hence the reason I kept very little. I had breast cancer last year, and while parabens aren't thought to actually cause breast cancer, it can mimic natural estrogen, which is a no-no for me. I am taking medication that inhibits estrogen, so I didn't want to use something every day that had something that "might" alter the way my medication works. Did I say I HATE my friggin' medication and take it rulefully every day? LOL

I am not a freak about parabens, but I do use a lot of Burt's Bees products now. It's something easy I can do.

Enough of my rambling. Cute thread--something just for the girls. I haven't read all the way back, but how many guys ragged this thread?

Take care,
    I still want you all to "take care"--I am just damn tired of typing it.

http://www.youtube.com/user/kcherub#p/a/u/0/N-UQprRqSwo
  • you areyou are Posts: 1,651
    i never posted about the LUSH products that i've tried! this thread resurfacing reminded me...out of sight, out of mind ;)

i think i may have posted about the skin care -

cleansers - Angels on Bare Skin at night because it takes off my makeup so well and Aqua Marina in the morning because it makes my skin so soft and tightens my pores before i put on my make-up. Aqua Marina is not good at taking off make-up and is a clay cleanser so it has a weird consistency. if it was better at taking off make-up, i would use it at night and in the morning.

toner - Eau Roma Water, it has a calming effect and feels so refreshing....i wanted to like Breath of Fresh Air but it breaks me out and makes me blotchy.

moisturizer - for me Celestial is the only way to go.

the three of these together really help balance out my combination skin....

bath bombs :D - Haagenbath is my favorite! it really does seem like you plopped some ice cream in the bathtub. it's creamy, pink, chocolatey, and slightly minty. yum! when you put it in a hot bath, you've got the warm water with a slight cooling effect because of the mint. i LOVE LOVE LOVE it! 2nd is Think Pink and Supernova. i love the pink hearts of Think Pink and the sweet smell, and i love the confetti in Supernova and the bubbly citrus smell. i like all three of those because they're pink!

bubble bars - i tried a few of them and like them, but i figured out that i'm not really into bubbles....sounds fun, but not my thing. Blue Skies and Fluffy White Clouds has a wonderful, relaxing smell! Creamy Candy is really sweet smelling. Pop in the Bath is boring, but it has a nice clean smell.

soap - i love Rock Star (it's pink! :D) it smells sooo good! i also love I Should Coco. i've gotten samples of Karma and Ooh La La and they were nice.

solid shampoo - i know the smell is strong and annoying for some, but i love Godiva. i do have long blonde curly hair so i feel like it was made for me. :p i've tried Karma and i like it but the smell kind of bothers me after a couple of days of using it.

and last but not least....
    shower jellies - i love the Joy of Jelly, it's wonderful! i also like the seasonal Champagne Snow Showers....i think that was the name of it....it was yummy!

k, i'm done.....i've got an order on the way for the Shiny Happy People gift set with Lemslip, Happy Hippy and Happy Soap, Honey I Washed the Kids soap, and The Blonde. i'll have to give my reviews after i try them. :D
    No need to be void, or save up on life...
    You got to spend it all
    roar wrote:
    mineral makeup:
    I use the Bare Escentuals mineral makeup. I have very sensitive skin and typically hate make up, but I tolerate this stuff. It holds up pretty well in the heat (though I've only tried it in two actually humid days)...better than your average powder or liquid foundation.

I've heard of some people having a skin reaction to the bismuth in this particular brand of products, but I think that's pretty rare.

spray tanning:
    It should last 4-10 days. The more you moisturize, the longer it will last.
    Patchy? Not for me. Some parts stay darker than others as it begins to fade, but that's due to exfoliation.

Spend the extra money to have a custom airbrush spray tan. They will match the right color to your skin and spray you evenly. It will be worth it.

I don't like the booths. The color isn't the greatest and it doesn't really end up evenly applied to your body (no matter how much they tell you it will). It's no fun breathing in the spray, either. Note: if you do decide to try it, make sure you ask for foot protection/booties, otherwise you'll end up with dark brown soles like I did. ;)

waxing:
    It really depends on the person and which area you're waxing. You can always ask for a test strip if you're interested/concerned.

hope that helps! :)

This helps a great deal, thanks roar! :)

Just with the tanning, does it come off on the sheets at all? Or on your clothes and when it starts to fade, you say that it's the exfoliation, so does it look like your skin is "peeling" a little? Sorry I'm probably not making sense. I just remember how the ambre solaire bronzer comes off and wondering if this does the same. :)
    NOPE!!!

*~You're IT Bert!~*

Hold on to the thread
    The currents will shift
    kcherub wrote:
    Sorry if this has come up previously on this thread...

I cannot stand to wear foundation and powder, but I am so pale that I need something to give me some sort of "color". I had been wanting to try one of the mineral foundations (powder form with a brush).

One of my friends talked me into doing a Mary Kay thing with her, and I was thinking "Oh, crap. I so do not want to get sucked into this!" She left me a ton of stuff (some of it I liked, some of it I didn't), but I really DID like the mineral powder foundation. It is completely in powder form and it really does cover well. I can even have a little healing pimple, and just have to put a bit more there. My skin is also kind of oily in the afternoons, and it helped with that, too.

Note about Mary Kay (and not to offend anyone who might sell it), but their products tend to have a CRAP LOAD of parabens in it. Hence the reason I kept very little. I had breast cancer last year, and while parabens aren't thought to actually cause breast cancer, it can mimic natural estrogen, which is a no-no for me. I am taking medication that inhibits estrogen, so I didn't want to use something every day that had something that "might" alter the way my medication works. Did I say I HATE my friggin' medication and take it rulefully every day? LOL

I am not a freak about parabens, but I do use a lot of Burt's Bees products now. It's something easy I can do.

Enough of my rambling. Cute thread--something just for the girls. I haven't read all the way back, but how many guys ragged this thread?

Take care,

Cool! :cool: Thanks K. :) Lot of good info there. I had a fondness for a particular Mary Kay lipstick there for a while and they had this awesome creme pressed powder foundation that went on moist and powdered dried to this fantastic finish but it was way more money that I was prepared to spend on make up. :)

Oh and the boys have been pretty cool about the thread. :) I think they like the girlies doing girlie things. :D
    NOPE!!!

*~You're IT Bert!~*

Hold on to the thread
    The currents will shift
    Jeanie wrote:
    Cool! :cool: Thanks K. :) Lot of good info there. I had a fondness for a particular Mary Kay lipstick there for a while and they had this awesome creme pressed powder foundation that went on moist and powdered dried to this fantastic finish but it was way more money that I was prepared to spend on make up. :)

Oh and the boys have been pretty cool about the thread. :) I think they like the girlies doing girlie things. :D

Jeanie,

I think their prices must have come down (at least over here) in the last year or so...I don't think I paid more for it that I would have getting something at Ulta (from the higher end items). Plus, I don't wear a lot of stuff anyway, so if I did pay more than I should have, it didn't chunk into my makeup budget. LOL

They do have a really great lip gloss. It comes in a twist top with the little applicator--the color I got is gold something. They also have a shimmer brick thing (like Bobbi Brown used to/may still have)...I am wearing both in my PJ picture on FB. I didn't have on the foundation, as we got to the hotel 45 minutes before the show started, and I had to shower. Made it there in time to see the last three KOL songs!

I'm interested in seeing the answer to the self-tanning question. I have never had success with it, and would love to figure out how!

Take care,

you are wrote:
    toner - Eau Roma Water, it has a calming effect and feels so refreshing....i wanted to like Breath of Fresh Air but it breaks me out and makes me blotchy.

Is that from Lush you are? :) Can you tell me what it has in it please? I'm curious because I've never had a successful toner yet.

you are wrote:
    solid shampoo - i know the smell is strong and annoying for some, but i love Godiva. i do have long blonde curly hair so i feel like it was made for me. :p i've tried Karma and i like it but the smell kind of bothers me after a couple of days of using it.

Do any of the solid shampoos have jasmine in them or smell of jasmine, do you know? Godiva sounds like it should. :D

you are wrote:
    k, i'm done.....i've got an order on the way for .......and The Blonde. i'll have to give my reviews after i try them. :D

Oh please do! The Blonde is that highlighting stuff isn't it? I'm busting to know how that works. :D
    NOPE!!!

*~You're IT Bert!~*

Hold on to the thread
    The currents will shift
    Jeanie wrote:
    Is that from Lush you are? : ) Can you tell me what it has in it please? I'm curious because I've never had a successful toner yet.

yes, it is from LUSH and it's very simple - Lavender Water (Lavendula hybrida), Rose Water (Rosa centifolia), Limonene, Linalool, Perfume, Methylparaben.....basically lavender and rose water. i was hesitant to use it, but i really like it!

Jeanie wrote:
    Do any of the solid shampoos have jasmine in them or smell of jasmine, do you know? Godiva sounds like it should. :D

yes! Godiva has a very strong jasmine smell! :D i'm not sure about the others. i was very surprised at how well the solid shampoos lather and afterwards my hair feels so clean. and that's hard to do with my thick curly hair! :eek:

Jeanie wrote:
    Oh please do! The Blonde is that highlighting stuff isn't it? I'm busting to know how that works. :D

yes it is! i can't wait to see the results! i wanted to try Marilyn (the lightening hair treatment), but they are out of stock :(....i'll have to get it next time.
    You got to spend it all
    kcherub wrote:
    Jeanie,

I think their prices must have come down (at least over here) in the last year or so...I don't think I paid more for it that I would have getting something at Ulta (from the higher end items). Plus, I don't wear a lot of stuff anyway, so if I did pay more than I should have, it didn't chunk into my makeup budget. LOL

They do have a really great lip gloss. It comes in a twist top with the little applicator--the color I got is gold something. They also have a shimmer brick thing (like Bobbi Brown used to/may still have)...I am wearing both in my PJ picture on FB. I didn't have on the foundation, as we got to the hotel 45 minutes before the show started, and I had to shower. Made it there in time to see the last three KOL songs!

I'm interested in seeing the answer to the self-tanning question. I have never had success with it, and would love to figure out how!

Take care,

Oh I'm just a tight wad when it comes to spending money on make up. :D
    I used to spend HUGE amounts of money on it but I dunno, sometime during the last 10 years as I got older it just seemed ridiculous to me to be spending that kind of money on things. So I stopped with the Estee Lauder and buying all kinds of new stuff and I stick to the same products fairly regularly but I'm fairly lucky in that my aunt sends me little clinique sample packs several times a year, so I'm pretty spoiled for free, quality cosmetics and the like. :)

Must go check out your fb pic and answer that pm. :) Sounds like you had a good time. :)
    NOPE!!!

*~You're IT Bert!~*

Hold on to the thread
    The currents will shift
    you are wrote:
    yes, it is from LUSH and it's very simple - Lavender Water (Lavendula hybrida), Rose Water (Rosa centifolia), Limonene, Linalool, Perfume, Methylparaben.....basically lavender and rose water. i was hesitant to use it, but i really like it!

Ooh! That does sound nice! :) I don't use a toner at all because I can never find one that works but that sounds nice. I might have to try that.

you are wrote:
    yes! Godiva has a very strong jasmine smell! : D i'm not sure about the others. i was very surprised at how well the solid shampoos lather and afterwards my hair feels so clean. and that's hard to do with my thick curly hair! : eek:

AWESOME!! I've been hunting around for Jasmine shampoo. I've not tried their shampoo but I'll have to get some of that and give it a go. :)

you are wrote:
    yes it is! i can't wait to see the results! i wanted to try Marilyn (the lightening hair treatment), but they are out of stock :(....i'll have to get it next time.

haha! HURRY UP!! ;) I've been busting, BUSTING to hear from anyone that's tried those two products. :)
    NOPE!!!

*~You're IT Bert!~*

Hold on to the thread
    The currents will shift
  • barakabaraka Posts: 1,268
    Have you guys heard of Melaleuca? They are a 'green' company that has anything from house hold non-toxic products to body and beauty products to kids products, etc. I've been impressed with the makeup line, Nicole Miller. I'm not much of a makeup person, but I found some really nice products. Check it out. It is pricey unless you become a member. They will try to get you to sell the products,much like Mary Kay, but it is not necessary and they don't really push the issue. It is a neat company. As far as beauty tip, I'm not your girl here, but the products are quite good. Worth a look to see what they have to offer. I adore the cleaning products.

http://www.melaleuca.com/ps/index.cfm?f=ps.categoryPage&l1=1&l2=7&l3=0&sCatId=7
    The greatest obstacle to discovery is not ignorance,
    but the illusion of knowledge.
    ~Daniel Boorstin

Only a life lived for others is worth living.
    ~Albert Einstein
    Jeanie wrote:
    Ooh! That does sound nice! :) I don't use a toner at all because I can never find one that works but that sounds nice. I might have to try that.

i even use this throughout the day to give my skin a boost. i don't know if it's all in my head or what, but it seems to work.

Jeanie wrote:
    AWESOME!! I've been hunting around for Jasmine shampoo. I've not tried their shampoo but I'll have to get some of that and give it a go. :)

i've only tried their solid shampoos....oh, and i also used the Frankincense and Beer shower jelly (seasonal) as a shampoo one time and it was amazing! i tried it because of the beer...i hear it's good for the hair. it smelled so good and made my hair shiny!

Jeanie wrote:
    haha! HURRY UP!! ;) I've been busting, BUSTING to hear from anyone that's tried those two products. :)

LOL, i'll let you know ASAP! ;)
    You got to spend it all
  • Rock onRock on Posts: 216
    you are wrote:
    soap - i love Rock Star (it's pink! :D) it smells sooo good!

Is that a unisex soap? :p Whats it smell like? I might be interested. :)
    Rock on wrote:
    Is that a unisex soap? :p Whats it smell like? I might be interested. :)

no, sorry....it's a very sweet vanilla candy smell. definitely feminine! :D
    You got to spend it all
  • Rock onRock on Posts: 216
    Jeanie wrote:

Jasmine is euphoric! :)

Thanks you are, just wondering. I use Dove oil creme soap for its softness but hardly any scent to it.
  • justamjustam Posts: 21,408
    Jasmine bursting from the dark on summer nights is what heaven might smell like.
    &&&&&&&&&&&&&&
    baraka wrote:
    Have you guys heard of Melaleuca? They are a 'green' company that has anything from house hold non-toxic products to body and beauty products to kids products, etc. I've been impressed with the makeup line, Nicole Miller. I'm not much of a makeup person, but I found some really nice products. Check it out. It is pricey unless you become a member. They will try to get you to sell the products,much like Mary Kay, but it is not necessary and they don't really push the issue. It is a neat company. As far as beauty tip, I'm not your girl here, but the products are quite good. Worth a look to see what they have to offer. I adore the cleaning products.

Ooh! This looks cool baraka. :) I'll have to check it out. :)
    NOPE!!!

*~You're IT Bert!~*

Hold on to the thread
    The currents will shift
    baraka wrote:

I have heard of them! I am going to check them out now! I might be able to find a rep in the area. If I don't know them, I am much more inclined to just say, "I want this, and nothing else."

Thanks!

you are wrote:
    i even use this throughout the day to give my skin a boost. i don't know if it's all in my head or what, but it seems to work.

Oh well who cares if it's working hey? :D I'm gonna get some now. :)

you are wrote:
    i've only tried their solid shampoos....oh, and i also used the Frankincense and Beer shower jelly (seasonal) as a shampoo one time and it was amazing! i tried it because of the beer...i hear it's good for the hair. it smelled so good and made my hair shiny!

Yes, I've heard that beer is good for hair too. I've been a bit dubious of the solid shampoos I guess, although I'm pretty dubious about shampoo in general because I have such a hard time finding one and being able to stick with it. Sooner or later they all seem to go horribly horribly wrong for me. :D
    Based on what you've said I'm gonna try now! Thanks! :)

you are wrote:
    LOL, i'll let you know ASAP!

haha!! good! good! get cracking! you are my guinea pig! :p
    NOPE!!!

*~You're IT Bert!~*

Hold on to the thread
    The currents will shift