PJ Girlies let's talk beauty tips!

Comments

• my2handsmy2hands Posts: 17,117
    this thread is pointless without pics :p
  • JeanieJeanie Posts: 9,446
    Most threads on the pit are pointless. :)
    NOPE!!!

*~You're IT Bert!~*

Hold on to the thread
    The currents will shift
  • lgtlgt Posts: 720
    Jeanie wrote:
    I'm so confused now lgt. :confused: I've hunted out the packet and it says main ingredient Parafinnum Liquidum (Mineral Oil) which after checking on google is a petroleum by product. So maybe the stuff you have there is different? I'm not sure I want to use this stuff. I keep looking at it but never getting brave enough to try it. I think I might just look at it some more. :o

uhm, I am really confused too now Jeanie ...

I checked their website and the bottle... plus some test/review on a German site, and it seemed ok, no petroleum by-product.

Parafinnum Liquidum is paraffin indeed...

When in doubt I guess...

Still, I really like body oil as moisturisers... better stick to sweet almond oil then! :D

As for eye make-up remover, the best I have used is Lancome, and they do excellent mascaras - unsurpassed.

On the cheaper line, I really like Body Shop Chamomile Eye make-up remover... cheap and very effective, and I have super sensitive eyes.

Is the Boots N7 one really good?!
  • lgtlgt Posts: 720
    I was told by a friend to try this for the eye area, against the early signs of ageing.

Has anyone of you tried it and would also recommend it?

• TrixieCatTrixieCat Posts: 5,756
    Jeanie wrote:
    :D LMAO!! Have you been lurking lovely? ;)

Was this treatment with a beautician or beauty therapist or a do it at home kit? :)
    No. lol
    Just didn't have anything to share, I guess.
    Yes, I did spray that Fix on those 2 guys. It was funny. And then X was spraying his whole body because he thought it was sunscreen. boys....
    I am never paying the extra for a glycolic treatment with a facial ever again.
    I bought the treatment at Sally's which is a weird little beauty supply shop where I get my disposable mascara wands and lashes. I am always looking for another way to spend my money there..
    This is a 2 step treatment. 10% glycolic in the first step. Just apply on the face with a cotton round. Wait 5 minutes and use the 2nd step...just a toner, really.
    It has changed the surface of my skin in the past 3 days. And I have very good skin to begin with..just needed a little help in a couple areas.
    Oh and it was 19.99 and then the store had it on sale for 5 dollars off.
    love it!
    Cause I'm broken when I'm lonesome
    And I don't feel right when you're gone away
    lgt wrote:
    I was told by a friend to try this for the eye area, against the early signs of ageing.

Has anyone of you tried it and would also recommend it?

Way overpriced and not worth it.
    There is a generic version that I found of the regular Strivectin creme at a discount store here for 5.99. lol I love it.
    And following the original promises behind Strivectin, nothing but laser can get rid of stretch marks.
  • you areyou are Posts: 1,651
    Jeanie wrote:
    MAN I LOVE BOOTS No 7 eye make up remover!!! That stuff is BRILLIANT!
    We can't get it here, so every time someone I know is going over to London I always ask them to pick me up 1/2 a dozen bottles of it! :)

i just discovered Boots products! i'm not sure about the make up remover you're talking about, but i bought some at Target. it's made by Boots and it's called Botanics - soothing eye make up remover. it's the best thing i've ever used.
    No need to be void, or save up on life...
    You got to spend it all
  • elmerelmer Posts: 1,683
    Lord Henry: Never trust a woman who wears mauve, whatever her age may be, or a woman over thirty-five who is fond of pink ribbons. It always means they have a history.
  • JaneNYJaneNY Posts: 4,438
    Aaah - I just went to Lush over the weekend - they have all their christmas products in (EXCEPT the store I went to did not have their Champagne Snow showers shower jelly or the solid perfume yet :( which I really wanted) But their solid perfumes are really nice and not too expensive. (11.95 each) There's some new hair styling products too.

My recent MAC purchase was an aqualine eyeliner and stars'n'rockets (pinkish lavendar with some metallic) shadow - it looks really cool together. I had terrible eye problems for close to 3 years and couldn't even wear the simplest eye pencil, until sometime last year, so I guess I'm making up for lost time by wearing some pretty 'out there' stuff!
    R.i.p. Rigoberto Alpizar.
    R.i.p. My Dad - May 28, 2007
    R.i.p. Black Tail (cat) - Sept. 20, 2008
    lgt wrote:
    uhm, I am really confused too now Jeanie ...

I checked their website and the bottle... plus some test/review on a German site, and it seemed ok, no petroleum by-product.

Parafinnum Liquidum is paraffin indeed...

When in doubt I guess...

Still, I really like body oil as moisturisers... better stick to sweet almond oil then! :D

As for eye make-up remover, the best I have used is Lancome, and they do excellent mascaras - unsurpassed.

On the cheaper line, I really like Body Shop Chamomile Eye make-up remover... cheap and very effective, and I have super sensitive eyes.

Is the Boots N7 one really good?!

Yeah, I've been eyeing off this bottle of Bio Oil for weeks now not game to use it. Maybe the stuff we get here is different?
    Sweet almond oil sounds nice! :D I'll have to hunt around for some of that.

The Boots No7 I have found to be the best at removing waterproof mascara. Especially Max Factor 2000 calorie waterproof mascara which is the one I use.
    But I suspect it's probably a petroleum based product too. :o There's just no escaping that petrol. :(
    NOPE!!!

*~You're IT Bert!~*

Hold on to the thread
    The currents will shift
    TrixieCat wrote:
    No. lol
    Just didn't have anything to share, I guess.
    Yes, I did spray that Fix on those 2 guys. It was funny. And then X was spraying his whole body because he thought it was sunscreen. boys....
    I am never paying the extra for a glycolic treatment with a facial ever again.
    I bought the treatment at Sally's which is a weird little beauty supply shop where I get my disposable mascara wands and lashes. I am always looking for another way to spend my money there..
    This is a 2 step treatment. 10% glycolic in the first step. Just apply on the face with a cotton round. Wait 5 minutes and use the 2nd step...just a toner, really.
    It has changed the surface of my skin in the past 3 days. And I have very good skin to begin with..just needed a little help in a couple areas.
    Oh and it was 19.99 and then the store had it on sale for 5 dollars off.
    love it!

That would have been hysterical to watch! :D Wish I'd been a fly on the wall! :D

hmmm.....this glycolic thing sounds good. I wonder what kinds of home kits we have here? I'll have to go hunt one up. And on sale would be better! :D

I think the only way I'm gonna be getting my good skin back is to quit smoking and give up sugar and yeast again. Oh and turn myself into a fish tank with water. :o:D
    NOPE!!!

*~You're IT Bert!~*

Hold on to the thread
    The currents will shift
    you are wrote:
    i just discovered Boots products! i'm not sure about the make up remover you're talking about, but i bought some at Target. it's made by Boots and it's called Botanics - soothing eye make up remover. it's the best thing i've ever used.

The one I have is just called No 7 Cleanse and Care Eye Make Up remover.
    I've never been able to buy it here. I wonder if we have the Botanics stuff? I'll have to go take a wander around Target see what I can see. :) Thanks for the tip. :)
    NOPE!!!

*~You're IT Bert!~*

Hold on to the thread
    The currents will shift
    elmer wrote:
    Lord Henry: Never trust a woman who wears mauve, whatever her age may be, or a woman over thirty-five who is fond of pink ribbons. It always means they have a history.

But I like mauve and pink ribbons! :p

So much so that I'm prepared for you or Lord Henry not to trust me if I wear them! ;):p
    NOPE!!!

*~You're IT Bert!~*

Hold on to the thread
    The currents will shift
  • chadwickchadwick Posts: 21,157
    Attention ladies:
    May I have your attention please?
    Join around, come in closer, listen to this.

So the other night I haul up my usuall laod of salmon
    to be processed for the tables of whomever buys salmon.

Anyhow, I am standing in the processing area and they were gone
    for the day, just the forklift man and myself.

I am staring into a plastic tote of salmon blood, guts, heads, scraps.
    Disgusting right? (plastic totes hold fish on ice = 1,000 pounds worth)

So Mr. Forklift who's unloading my trailer sees me gazing into this tote of salmon fluids and salmon body parts mangled quite nicely in some kinda disturbing stew.

He grabs a shovel, scoops into the pool of disgust and lifts up a few white-grayish bag-sack like things and says see that?
    I am all, yes, I see that.
    He's all, guess what that is!
    I am all, I have no idea, salmon guts?
    He's all, kind of but not.
    He's all, that's a salmon sperm bag.
    I am all, wow that's fantastic.
    He then says they use the sperm and the bag thingy for making cosmetics.
    Cosmetics from salmon sperm & sperm bag thingy, that is outstanding in a mind boggling kinda revolting way.

Anyhow, carry on.
    for poetry through the ceiling. ISBN: 1 4241 8840 7

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    the sun stands I will fight
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
    chadwick wrote:
    Attention ladies:
    May I have your attention please?
    Join around, come in closer, listen to this.

So the other night I haul up my usuall laod of salmon
    to be processed for the tables of whomever buys salmon.

Anyhow, I am standing in the processing area and they were gone
    for the day, just the forklift man and myself.

I am staring into a plastic tote of salmon blood, guts, heads, scraps.
    Disgusting right? (plastic totes hold fish on ice = 1,000 pounds worth)

So Mr. Forklift who's unloading my trailer sees me gazing into this tote of salmon fluids and salmon body parts mangled quite nicely in some kinda disturbing stew.

He grabs a shovel, scoops into the pool of disgust and lifts up a few white-grayish bag-sack like things and says see that?
    Cosmetics from salmon sperm & sperm bag thingy, that is outstanding in a mind boggling kinda revolting way.

Anyhow, carry on.

Now chaddles! :p Don't be turning our stomachs please! :)
    NOPE!!!

*~You're IT Bert!~*

Hold on to the thread
    The currents will shift
    So, a big joke amongst us makeup people is "I am a makeup artist, not a magician" lol People always want to look like a magazine cover and while it is possible in most cases, some, it just ain't happening.
    I was called a magician this past weekend..lol
    The bride had a huge red blemish on her forehead, right between her brows. It was fantastic. She was all worried, but knew she hired a good artist and felt better about it. Well, I sat her down and pulled out my Visine and dabbed it on, waited and dabbed some more on and told her to go have something to eat. When she came back I airbrushed her foundation, did a little, very little powedering and it was gone, for the most part. It is impossible to get rid of the 3 dimensional aspect, as it was an angry blemish.
    But everyone was shocked that I was using Visine. :)
    Gets the red out. :p
  • wow thats awesome... never heard of visine before. what do you think about people saying preparation H works on blemishes. those crappy women's magazines swear by it, but theres no way im sticking that on my face unless someone with half a brain and a whole lotta guts agrees
    shut the fuck up donny

u are who who u are

i used to treat you like a lady
    now you're my substitute teacher
    wow thats awesome... never heard of visine before. what do you think about people saying preparation H works on blemishes. those crappy women's magazines swear by it, but theres no way im sticking that on my face unless someone with half a brain and a whole lotta guts agrees
    Prep H was used to reduce the puffiness under the eyes rather than blemishes.
    Alot of people are saying that the original ingredient that helped with this is now missing and it doesn't work as well.
    Who would have thought, right?
  • JaneNYJaneNY Posts: 4,438
    chadwick wrote:

Not Lush, or MAC cosmetics. Both companies are completely vegetarian (and Lush has many vegan products too), and both companies do not practice animal testing, and I know that Lush won't even purchase ingredients from companies that have animal testing. So yes, your concerns are valid, but there are ways for concerned people to avoid supporting what you mention.
    R.i.p. Rigoberto Alpizar.
    R.i.p. My Dad - May 28, 2007
    R.i.p. Black Tail (cat) - Sept. 20, 2008
    This thread needs resurrecting! :D

First thing - I just figured out that I need an exfoliant as my facial cleanser. It keeps my skin a lot clearer. So I take my favorite cleanser and put sugar in it with each application. Not salt because it can be drying. It works wonders! And you can also put sugar in just about anything else....oil for a sugar scrub or in your shower gel for a cleansing scrub. :)

Also, I've tried so many Lush products that I don't even know where to start so I'll just post about my favorites.....

I LOVE the Think Pink bath bomb! It's amazing! It's a great scent, I love pink, and I love the little hearts in the bomb. Fun stuff! :p

My FAVORITE bath bomb is Haagenbath. It really does seem like you put ice cream in the bathtub! It's creamy, moisturizing, pink, and minty. Yummy!

The shower jellies are just fun! A little bit goes a long way and they smell so good.

That's all I've got for now. I just ordered more Lush products and hopefully I'll have some new favorites to add to my list. ;)
    You got to spend it all
  • dawngdawng Posts: 644
    wow, this is a great thread! Learned a lot of tricks to try out. (I can't believe I read the whole thing!)

I'll share my favorite mineral makeup vendor with you...I've only tried the blush, foundations, and eyeshadows. Love them! And they have a free sample of the foundation, blush, and concealer.

http://www.everydayminerals.com/g?t=home
    click on "custom kits" and look for the "free sample makeup kit".

Off to find a "lush" store close to home...
    Check out my Sudsy Chick Etsy Store for all natural homemade bath products!
    *dawn* wrote:
    wow, this is a great thread! Learned a lot of tricks to try out. (I can't believe I read the whole thing!)

I'll share my favorite mineral makeup vendor with you...I've only tried the blush, foundations, and eyeshadows. Love them! And they have a free sample of the foundation, blush, and concealer.

I can't believe you read the whole thing either! :D Nice work! :)
    NOPE!!!

*~You're IT Bert!~*

Hold on to the thread
    The currents will shift
    But I'm going to an information night about laser treatment Thursday night.

Apparently the laser can remove broken capillaries and rosacea and I'm just wondering if anyone here has had that done and what their experience was like? :)
    NOPE!!!

*~You're IT Bert!~*

Hold on to the thread
    The currents will shift
  • LONGRDLONGRD Posts: 6,036
    *peeps through*
    ;)
    PJ- 04/29/2003.06/24,25,27,28,30/2008.10/27,28,30,31/2009
    EV- 08/09,10/2008.06/08,09/2009
    LongRd. wrote:
    *peeps through*
    ;)

:D Lurker! ;):p
    NOPE!!!

*~You're IT Bert!~*

Hold on to the thread
    The currents will shift
    Jeanie wrote:
    :D Lurker! ;):p
    O, i'll give some tips then. :p
    Tip #1 from LongRd. for the ladies.
    Take a shower twice a day.
    Men don't like stinky women.
    LongRd. wrote:
    O, i'll give some tips then. :p
    Tip #1 from LongRd. for the ladies.
    Take a shower twice a day.
    Men don't like stinky women.

:D Thank goodness you're here! ;)
    NOPE!!!

*~You're IT Bert!~*

Hold on to the thread
    The currents will shift
    Jeanie wrote:
    :D Thank goodness you're here! ;)
    Tip #2 from LongRd. :D
    do not wear plain white t-shirts on rainy days,
    it's as bad as wearing white after Labor Day. ;)
    *dawn* wrote:

wow! you read the whole thing! :eek:.....now i'm inspired to do the same thing.

question concerning the everyday minerals foundation - do you have clear or acne prone skin? if acne prone, did you find that it helped to clear your skin? i've found that i'm clearer when i use mineral foundation. i'm pretty sure some are better and more natural than others and i'm trying to find the best one for me.

thanks!
    You got to spend it all
  • dawngdawng Posts: 644
    you are wrote:
    wow! you read the whole thing! :eek:.....now i'm inspired to do the same thing.

question concerning the everyday minerals foundation - do you have clear or acne prone skin? if acne prone, did you find that it helped to clear your skin? i've found that i'm clearer when i use mineral foundation. i'm pretty sure some are better and more natural than others and i'm trying to find the best one for me.

thanks!

I am acne prone, and I don't know that it clears it up - but it doesn't cause acne like other types of foundation do, kwim? It feels very natural too. (I do not wear makeup on a daily basis - only when going out.) It was nice to get the free sample - they say it lasts for three applications, but mine lasted much longer than that. I adore their eye shadow!
    Check out my Sudsy Chick Etsy Store for all natural homemade bath products!