PJ Girlies let's talk beauty tips!

Comments

• LindaLinda Posts: 1,656
    chadwick wrote:
    you ladies are the best.
    may i sit among all you beauties?
    i am harmless, but i am not the harmless little fucker from on here.
    just tired and wanna relax with all you flowers.

Hi chad, how are you doing :)? ( havent ordered a copy, YET....)
    let this thread inspire you for some poems....;)
    i'm not happy yet.....
  • I get all my make up and skin care at the body shop. they seem to have gone downhill after loreal bought them out, and now with the death of their founder no telling where the products will go. they claim to still focus on sustainability and free trade, so that's why I buy there.

Last year they took my shade of foundation off the market. I was devastated and couldn't find any foundation I liked better (and the shade matches my skin perfectly). But then the day after christmas I found a store that was selling it on clearance for $3! I bought all 15 bottles. I don't know what I'm going to do when it all runs out.
    :eek: I didn't know they were bought out by loreal. They're seriously fucking expensive so they'd bloody better mean what they say.
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Verona??? it's all surmountable
    Dublin 23.08.06 "The beauty of Ireland, right there!"
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Copenhagen?? your light made us stars
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
    Had I not found this love with you
  • :eek: I didn't know they were bought out by loreal. They're seriously fucking expensive so they'd bloody better mean what they say.

I don't think their prices are all that bad, at least not compared with other places (I think all cosmetics are overpriced to begin with).
  • I don't think their prices are all that bad, at least not compared with other places (I think all cosmetics are overpriced to begin with).
    :eek: Oh they are. I bought the coconut body butter and the normal size one is 20euro. I got the smaller one for 9euro, which would only do about 5 moisturises. I think the johnsons natural range is MUCH nicer and it's less than a fiver :eek:
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
  • lgtlgt Posts: 720
    Jeanie wrote:
    Hels, me Lush mask use by date was up yesterday and I've not finished it.

Did you use yours after the use by date? How did you go? :)

Oh and I don't remember who I was talking to at some point in the thread but I picked up the Bio Oil and I'm a little freaked out about using it because it says the main ingredient is Parrafin oil. :eek: Any thoughts ladies? :)

hey Jeanie,

that was me, but NO! the main ingredient is NOT paraffin!!!

No way, I'd buy it in the first place.

It's Purcellin Oil - which is synthetic, that is created ad hoc in a laboratory, but not petroleum based... yikes!

So, you can use it w/ no worries.
    :eek: Oh they are. I bought the coconut body butter and the normal size one is 20euro. I got the smaller one for 9euro, which would only do about 5 moisturises. I think the johnsons natural range is MUCH nicer and it's less than a fiver :eek:

Everything is always more expensive here than in the States!

Their body butter is more than £10 now, I think... way too expensive for an intensive moisturiser.

I'm digging the products from Boots right now. Cheap and as effective as cosmetics can be.

Their No 7 range is very popular right now, as it was featured on a TV documentary on cosmetics as the best anti-ageing serum after various tests from independent dermatologists.
  • :eek: Oh they are. I bought the coconut body butter and the normal size one is 20euro. I got the smaller one for 9euro, which would only do about 5 moisturises. I think the johnsons natural range is MUCH nicer and it's less than a fiver :eek:

I'm not up on the current euro/dollar conversion, but I don't think it's that expensive here. the make up is fairly inexpensive here, I think the most is like $18, which compared to sephora and all that isn't half bad.
    I'm not up on the current euro/dollar conversion, but I don't think it's that expensive here. the make up is fairly inexpensive here, I think the most is like $18, which compared to sephora and all that isn't half bad.

20 euro would be 10 bucks..

The Body Shop products are not that cheap when compared to other brands in Europe.

I just bought their shampoo and conditioners and spent just less than £10, when at the supermarket I could have bought the same for less than £5 (Dove range), for instance.
  • lgt wrote:

The Body Shop products are not that cheap when compared to other brands in Europe.

I just bought their shampoo and conditioners and spent just less than £10, when at the supermarket I could have bought the same for less than £5 (Dove range), for instance.

oh yeah it is more expensive than the drug store brands, but it is a good middle ground before the "make up counter" department store range.
    oh yeah it is more expensive than the drug store brands, but it is a good middle ground before the "make up counter" department store range.

Yes, it's more mid-range.

Never tried their make-up products though. I might when I have to choose my free b-day gift!
  • lgt wrote:

No 20euro is about $28 maybe.
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
    No 20euro is about $28 maybe.

Of course - I did the rough € into £ conversion, which is what I normally do... 20€ is just a little over £10.

I forget I live in non-Euroland right now!
  • urbanhippieurbanhippie Posts: 3,007
    I just got some Skin Sin from Lush.
    It's gorgeous...cherry and vanilla....
    Mmmmm...I smell like a cupcake!
    A human being that was given to fly.

Wembley 18/06/07

If there was a reason, it was you.

O2 Arena 18/09/09
  • TrixieCatTrixieCat Posts: 5,756
    That reminds me of a creme I like from Weleda called Skin Food...yummy.
    You can get it at the health food market.
    Also jojoba oil is great..I smother it around my eyes before I go to sleep.
    And a product from MAC called Fix+. It is a little spritzer of water and vitamins that smells like Japanese succhi flowers...very clean.
    It is great for setting makeup or just to feel nice.
    lol...I sprayed it on nypj and xavier at Lolla....:)
    Cause I'm broken when I'm lonesome
    And I don't feel right when you're gone away
  • JeanieJeanie Posts: 9,446
    JaneNY wrote:
    I've used them a couple days over the use by date, but not more than 2 or 3. I wouldn't worry about being just 1 day over.

Yeah, I did forget all about it. :o (and this thread actually! :o ) So now I guess I'll be throwing out. :(

Although it says use by the 10/10/07 and I just had a sniff of it from the fridge and it still looks okay and smells ok. I wonder???? :o
    JaneNY wrote:
    I wouldn't like the idea of paraffin oil - isn't that a petroleum product?

The Bio Oil lists Paraffinum Liquidum ( Mineral Oil ) as the first ingredient, so that would be the main ingredient I guess. Quick google search and I think that yes Mineral oil is a petroleum by product. :eek: Hence me not putting it on my face as yet.
    NOPE!!!

*~You're IT Bert!~*

Hold on to the thread
    The currents will shift
    a coworker just shared this in an e-mail b/c a manager from our group who is now on a two year stint in london will be back in town next week so they are planning a 'ladies night' out. i thought...wow...what a cool idea:

http://beautybar.com/main.html
    martinis and manicures....genius! :D

Oooh!! :D I wanna go there!! :)

I love the way they've done the web page with that 50s style beauty parlor look! :)
    NOPE!!!

*~You're IT Bert!~*

Hold on to the thread
    The currents will shift
    lgt wrote:
    hey Jeanie,

that was me, but NO! the main ingredient is NOT paraffin!!!

No way, I'd buy it in the first place.

It's Purcellin Oil - which is synthetic, that is created ad hoc in a laboratory, but not petroleum based... yikes!

So, you can use it w/ no worries.

I'm so confused now lgt. :confused: I've hunted out the packet and it says main ingredient Parafinnum Liquidum (Mineral Oil) which after checking on google is a petroleum by product. So maybe the stuff you have there is different? I'm not sure I want to use this stuff. I keep looking at it but never getting brave enough to try it. I think I might just look at it some more. :o
    NOPE!!!

*~You're IT Bert!~*

Hold on to the thread
    The currents will shift
    lgt wrote:
    Everything is always more expensive here than in the States!

Their body butter is more than £10 now, I think... way too expensive for an intensive moisturiser.

I'm digging the products from Boots right now. Cheap and as effective as cosmetics can be.

Their No 7 range is very popular right now, as it was featured on a TV documentary on cosmetics as the best anti-ageing serum after various tests from independent dermatologists.

MAN I LOVE BOOTS No 7 eye make up remover!!! That stuff is BRILLIANT!
    We can't get it here, so every time someone I know is going over to London I always ask them to pick me up 1/2 a dozen bottles of it! :)
    NOPE!!!

*~You're IT Bert!~*

Hold on to the thread
    The currents will shift
    TrixieCat wrote:
    And a product from MAC called Fix+. It is a little spritzer of water and vitamins that smells like Japanese succhi flowers...very clean.
    It is great for setting makeup or just to feel nice.
    lol...I sprayed it on nypj and xavier at Lolla....:)

:D:D:D
    NOPE!!!

*~You're IT Bert!~*

Hold on to the thread
    The currents will shift
  • JaneNYJaneNY Posts: 4,438
    Jeanie wrote:
    MAN I LOVE BOOTS No 7 eye make up remover!!! That stuff is BRILLIANT!
    We can't get it here, so every time someone I know is going over to London I always ask them to pick me up 1/2 a dozen bottles of it! :)

that's funny I was just looking for eye makeup remover - I don't expect Boots can be obtained in North America either. I had a lancome sample but its almost used up, and I was thinking I'd get some from MAC the next time I'm in Ottawa.
    R.i.p. Rigoberto Alpizar.
    R.i.p. My Dad - May 28, 2007
    R.i.p. Black Tail (cat) - Sept. 20, 2008
    JaneNY wrote:
    that's funny I was just looking for eye makeup remover - I don't expect Boots can be obtained in North America either. I had a lancome sample but its almost used up, and I was thinking I'd get some from MAC the next time I'm in Ottawa.

I should probably qualify that and say that I find Estee Lauder's Eye Make Remover excellent also but it's prohibitively expensive. Well I think it's a bit rich for something that is just to get rid of make up, if that makes sense? So it's worked out so far that I've been able to get the cheaper Boots No 7 when people have been going over and in between times when I run out I get Estee Lauder and sometimes Clinique, which is ok too. :)

I've not tried MAC but I bet Trix would know if it's good stuff. :D She LOVES MAC!! :D
    NOPE!!!

*~You're IT Bert!~*

Hold on to the thread
    The currents will shift
  • TrixieCatTrixieCat Posts: 5,756
    Jeanie wrote:
    I should probably qualify that and say that I find Estee Lauder's Eye Make Remover excellent also but it's prohibitively expensive. Well I think it's a bit rich for something that is just to get rid of make up, if that makes sense? So it's worked out so far that I've been able to get the cheaper Boots No 7 when people have been going over and in between times when I run out I get Estee Lauder and sometimes Clinique, which is ok too. :)

I've not tried MAC but I bet Trix would know if it's good stuff. :D She LOVES MAC!! :D
    Did someone say Trix??? :p
    Love it.
    Ok, so I got a new treatment that I LOVE. A glycolic treatment. My skin looks amazing. :)
    Cause I'm broken when I'm lonesome
    And I don't feel right when you're gone away
  • my favorite body moisturizer is Red Fox Tub O' Butter, it smells so good..it is mainly petroleum jelly with coca butter,
    when I rub it on my skin has that natural glow and at the end of the day, my skin stilll looks soft and supple and in the winter my skin never feels tight n itchy...

its great
    TrixieCat wrote:
    Did someone say Trix??? :p
    Love it.
    Ok, so I got a new treatment that I LOVE. A glycolic treatment. My skin looks amazing. :)

:D LMAO!! Have you been lurking lovely? ;)

Was this treatment with a beautician or beauty therapist or a do it at home kit? :)
    NOPE!!!

*~You're IT Bert!~*

Hold on to the thread
    The currents will shift
    my favorite body moisturizer is Red Fox Tub O' Butter, it smells so good..it is mainly petroleum jelly with coca butter,
    when I rub it on my skin has that natural glow and at the end of the day, my skin stilll looks soft and supple and in the winter my skin never feels tight n itchy...

its great

I just went out and splurged on a whole jar of that Sympathy for Skin from Lush with the bananas in it. I hope my skin never gets sick of it, it's sooooo yummy and I can't believe what it does to the texture. I like it better than the Body Shop Shea butter lotion I've been using and that's saying a lot. :)
    NOPE!!!

*~You're IT Bert!~*

Hold on to the thread
    The currents will shift
  • Jeanie wrote:
    I just went out and splurged on a whole jar of that Sympathy for Skin from Lush with the bananas in it. I hope my skin never gets sick of it, it's sooooo yummy and I can't believe what it does to the texture. I like it better than the Body Shop Shea butter lotion I've been using and that's saying a lot. :)

I've never tried lush products, although I've been to their website....I don't know of any store near by that sells it either...I hear you ladies talk about it so much :) I may just try it on day....
  • chadwickchadwick Posts: 21,157
    Linda wrote:
    Hi chad, how are you doing :)? ( havent ordered a copy, YET....)
    let this thread inspire you for some poems....;)

Good idea
    Let the games...begin
    Looks around
    for poetry through the ceiling. ISBN: 1 4241 8840 7

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    the sun stands I will fight
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
    I've never tried lush products, although I've been to their website....I don't know of any store near by that sells it either...I hear you ladies talk about it so much :) I may just try it on day....

Well I'm only recently coverted! :D

Thanks to the gals around here. And I have to say it's been almost like a little epiphany for me! :D
    NOPE!!!

*~You're IT Bert!~*

Hold on to the thread
    The currents will shift
    chadwick wrote:
    Good idea
    Let the games...begin
    Looks around

:) No games here chaddles.

Just an exchange of ideas. :)
    NOPE!!!