Question about girls

Comments

• how is he supposed to be a real friend to her if he has feelings for her and wants her for himself? how is he supposed to be cool and supportive of her and her relationship when he wants nothing more than for her to drop the other guy and come to him? i know this is incredibly easy for women to do, but men cannot do it. we cannot fake sympathy and support to someone's face while resenting them behind their back as easily as you.

This is true enough.

I'm ignoring someone at the mo for this exact reason..

It seems to me that girls sometimes want to have their cake and eat it.
    'We're learning songs for baby Jesus' birthday. His mum and dad were Merry and Joseph. He had a bed made of clay and the three kings bought him Gold, Frankenstein and Merv as presents.'

- the great Sir Leo Harrison
  • soulsingingsoulsinging Posts: 13,202
    Well there you go. Thanks guys. Now I've sank to your level. :(

But I haven't because I'm not naive and although I know deep down people are selfish, I also know people can be very good sometimes as well.

sure they can. but sometimes you've got to break a few eggs to make an omelette ya know? sometimes you've got to be aggressive to get what you want.
  • how is he supposed to be a real friend to her if he has feelings for her and wants her for himself? how is he supposed to be cool and supportive of her and her relationship when he wants nothing more than for her to drop the other guy and come to him? i know this is incredibly easy for women to do, but men cannot do it. we cannot fake sympathy and support to someone's face while resenting them behind their back as easily as you.

OH FOR FUCK SAKE! TELL HER YOU LOVE HER AND SHE GIVES YOU THE HORN!!!!!!!! If she doesn't like that, it was never meant to be!!!! It's quite simple! (It's a pity more women weren't involved in this thread). :( Maybe that's just my opinion but what have you got to lose? :)
  • Only sexually. Being tough won't last, the same as being physically attractive, bud. :)
    tough? i didn't mention anything about tough. sounds like you think i'm talking about the guy who bosses his girl around and tells her to wash dishes and make him a sandwich after she gives him a blowjob. who saying anything about tough?

sure, i can be a tough guy but i'm not saying that it will get me more girls cause in that case i'll agree with you. i have other tough friends who are horrible at getting dates... and yeah, they're some pretty tough motherfuckers.
    I can't speak for her. Everyone is different, that's why I think honesty is the best policy. If you tell her you really like her, genuinely, she'll either run a mile, in which case it was not meant to be, or let her think about it for a while and she'll realise you're the right one for her. You can't do any more than that. :)
    well, sure everyone is different. but just like all "men are dogs" and "perverts" who think about sex all day... so are women generally the same when it comes to dating.

and sure... honesty is the best policy. in fact, that's how i'm approaching this whole situation. with honesty. and honestly pouring my feelings out to her like that is not the way to go. like i said earlier.... that chemical in her brain that triggers that emotional attraction will fade away even more if i tell her my feelings.
    No woman on this board can speak for her! You should know her better than the rest of us!
    i only know that she's just like every other girl i've spoken to. ;)
    What is it about this other guy that she really likes, anyway? :confused:
    beats me.... and i wouldn't even worry about it. i think he's a photographer of some kind... which is cool. i know photographers get a shitload of girls all the time. so i guess that's why.

i'm a buy myself a camera and photograph hot naked models... that'll do it.
    This isn't the land of opportunity, it's the land of competition.
  • sure they can. but sometimes you've got to break a few eggs to make an omelette ya know? sometimes you've got to be aggressive to get what you want.

Been there. Done that. It gets you nowhere. I'm a little bit older and wiser now.
    OH FOR FUCK SAKE! TELL HER YOU LOVE HER AND SHE GIVES YOU THE HORN!!!!!!!! If she doesn't like that, it was never meant to be!!!! It's quite simple! (It's a pity more women weren't involved in this thread). :( Maybe that's just my opinion but what have you got to lose? :)

i covered that already: hand. if he tells her that, she will run becos she knows she doesn't NEED to commit to him to get him to be her puppy dog. why would she close all other options when she knows she can keep him waiting on her? that's why he does the cold shoulder. it forces her hand. she knows he won't sit there and wait while she tries out every other guy she can. she knows she needs to get serious with him or lose him.
  • OH FOR FUCK SAKE! TELL HER YOU LOVE HER AND SHE GIVES YOU THE HORN!!!!!!!! If she doesn't like that, it was never meant to be!!!! It's quite simple! (It's a pity more women weren't involved in this thread). :( Maybe that's just my opinion but what have you got to lose? :)

Everything... seriously, she'll just run away if he pours his heart out. Soulsinging's right, it's no longer fun for her if he just voluntarily gives himself over to her. She'll be bored from the offset. He's no longer a challenge and she'll move on..
    'We're learning songs for baby Jesus' birthday. His mum and dad were Merry and Joseph. He had a bed made of clay and the three kings bought him Gold, Frankenstein and Merv as presents.'

• OH FOR FUCK SAKE! TELL HER YOU LOVE HER AND SHE GIVES YOU THE HORN!!!!!!!! If she doesn't like that, it was never meant to be!!!! It's quite simple! (It's a pity more women weren't involved in this thread). :( Maybe that's just my opinion but what have you got to lose? :)
    what the hell does "never meant to be" even mean? it sounds like something straight from a chick flick.

my opinion is there's no such thing as "never meant" or "meant to be".

i've spoken to other women about this very same topic and they've agreed with me. there's a majority of women who agree that "nice guys" are just good to shop with and vent to... so i guess maybe there are a few girls in here that agree with what we're saying. but that's just a guess.

i've got my pride and respect to lose if i "confess my love to her"... like all the rest of girls whome have blown me down for confessing my love to them a long long time ago.

and the girls who did fall for me.... i was just calm, cool, collected and no display of wussy behavior like writing letters or giving them flowers.
  • AmentsChickAmentsChick Posts: 6,969
    Seriously...why oh why do I keep opening this thread? Everytime I do, it leads to a more severe headache.
    This is the greatest band in the world -- Ben Harper

• Seriously...why oh why do I keep opening this thread? Everytime I do, it leads to a more severe headache.

Hang on, let me see if I have something stronger....

• Seriously...why oh why do I keep opening this thread? Everytime I do, it leads to a more severe headache.
    This thread rules....very twisted.
    SHIT....!!! I did it again. WTF?! LOL

• SHIT....!!! I did it again. WTF?! LOL

Right, here's what I've got..

A gas canester..

Three ugly ducklings..

A harpoon..

Will any of those be of use?

SHIT....!!! I did it again. WTF?! LOL

cos it's like a car wreck... it forces us to confront truths we don't want to acknowledge ;)

plus, it's more interesting than anything else going on around here now.
  • cos it's like a car wreck... it forces us to confront truths we don't want to acknowledge ;)
    and really i don't understand why girls seem to be getting headaches over this. if anything it's guys who should be the one's getting headaches.
  • and really i don't understand why girls seem to be getting headaches over this. if anything it's guys who should be the one's getting headaches.

I don't think it's a headache.. I think it's an existential crisis. It's the sudden realisation that we are right.

I've got a headache too! Help me, Meridith! Three bitter guys! Help!
  • catefrancescatefrances Posts: 29,003
    OMG!!! for fucks sake. if you like someone have the balls to tell them. dont pussyfoot around. if they reject you then stiff shit for them for maybe losing out on what a great person you can be. if they say they like you too and want to pursue the relationship furthe, then fabulous! playing games fucking sucks you know? why put yourself through that bullshit? make your move or move on.
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
  • OMG!!! for fucks sake. if you like someone have the balls to tell them. dont pussyfoot around. if they reject you then stiff shit for them for maybe losing out on what a great person you can be. if they say they like you too and want to pursue the relationship furthe, then fabulous! playing games fucking sucks you know? why put yourself through that bullshit? make your move or move on.
    i'm moving on.

next lady in line please. thank you, have a great day. ;)
    I've got a headache too! Help me, Meridith! Three bitter guys! Help!

DON'T use the "M" name in this thread...seriously...it caused some of the bitterness.

• OMG!!! for fucks sake. if you like someone have the balls to tell them. dont pussyfoot around. if they reject you then stiff shit for them for maybe losing out on what a great person you can be. if they say they like you too and want to pursue the relationship furthe, then fabulous! playing games fucking sucks you know? why put yourself through that bullshit? make your move or move on.

HAHAHA! I love you! (In a non lesbian way)! :D

XXXXXXXXX

XXXXXXXXX
  • DON'T use the "M" name in this thread...seriously...it caused some of the bitterness.

Sorry, erm, ...bud?
    Sorry, erm, ...bud?

she was referring to me. meredith was the name of my ex. she produced quite an effect upon my views and personality ;)
    she was referring to me. meredith was the name of my ex. she produced quite an effect upon my views and personality ;)

We're not all bad. I'm quite a sweetheart, actually...ask anyone! :D

We're not all bad. I'm quite a sweetheart, actually...ask anyone! :D

i've not doubt you are, nor am i so foolish or superstitious to believe the name had anything to do with it... fear not!
  • DS1119DS1119 Posts: 33,497
    Women are evil. All of them. Run.
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    DS1119 wrote:
    Women are evil. All of them. Run.

they are good for about 30 days....give or take
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • rick1zoo2rick1zoo2 Posts: 12,632
    love em and leave em
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    rick1zoo2 wrote: