Options

'Sopranos' final season to begin April 8

Comments

• Options
    patrickredeyespatrickredeyes Posts: 8,834
    that's right, the funny thing to me about that scene is seeing tony snickering in the background, like he knew that's how silvio was going to react..

Or how about how Pailie keeps telling the doc jokes. hehe great scene.
  • Options
    NCBRINCBRI Posts: 1,902
    Nice to see the writers pay their respects to Martin Scorsese with The Departed reference in the last episode. Comfortably Numb is pretty appropriate for what is happening to Tony as well.
    Brian
  • Options
    Bump :D
  • Options
    normnorm I'm always home. I'm uncool. Posts: 31,146
    very excited for tonight....:D
  • Options
    cutback wrote:
    very excited for tonight....:D

I woke up this morning thinking it was Monday. Then I thought to myself it's only Sunday cause Sopranos are on tonight. hehe :D
  • Options
    sweetpotatosweetpotato Posts: 1,278
    best line of this season so far:

"the turd don't fall far from the asshole." :D omg, i nearly spewed my o'douls.
    "Ladies and gentlemen, the President of the United States, Barack Obama."

"Obama's main opponent in this election on November 4th (was) not John McCain, it (was) ignorance."~Michael Moore

"i'm feeling kinda righteous right now. with my badass motherfuckin' ukulele!"
    ~ed, 8/7
  • Options
    sweetpotatosweetpotato Posts: 1,278
    NCBRI wrote:
    Nice to see the writers pay their respects to Martin Scorsese with The Departed reference in the last episode. Comfortably Numb is pretty appropriate for what is happening to Tony as well.

that soundtrack IS outstanding. hell, it's even worth driving off the road for. :p
    "Ladies and gentlemen, the President of the United States, Barack Obama."

"Obama's main opponent in this election on November 4th (was) not John McCain, it (was) ignorance."~Michael Moore

"i'm feeling kinda righteous right now. with my badass motherfuckin' ukulele!"
    ~ed, 8/7
  • Options
    culot4culot4 Posts: 775
    Tonight figures to have some good Tony/ Phil moments. Phil is the bastard you love to hate. What a great character. I can't imagine any other actor than the guy who played Billy Batts playing the role of Phil. Only three more to go, this is it. No more cliffhangers, just finality. I wonder if AJ kills himself tonight.
    Once in a while you can get shown the light, in the strangest of places if you look at it right.
  • Options
    culot4 wrote:
    Tonight figures to have some good Tony/ Phil moments. Phil is the bastard you love to hate. What a great character. I can't imagine any other actor than the guy who played Billy Batts playing the role of Phil. Only three more to go, this is it. No more cliffhangers, just finality. I wonder if AJ kills himself tonight.

Yea the Phil and Tony storyline should heat up tonight. I dont think AJ will kill himself. I have a feeling it's with his new bunch of friends things could go wrong. Will see tonight.
  • Options
    holy

fuckin'

shit!!!!!

:eek:
  • Options
    SPEEDY MCCREADYSPEEDY MCCREADY Posts: 24,939
    great episode tonight.....

GREAT FUCKING EPISODE TONIGHT!!!!!!!
    Take me piece by piece.....
    Till there aint nothing left worth taking away from me.....
  • Options
    cutback wrote:
    holy

fuckin'

shit!!!!!

:eek:

I second that. :D

As usual I have to let tonights episode soak in. I'll watch it again later or tomorrow. Too much time with AJ's storyline tonight I thought. I think Tony should have killed both of Phil's guys is the restaurant. Sucks we have to wait 2 weeks for the second to last episode. I can't wait for the fireworks to begin. We are in for a treat. :D

How about the tooth Tony found. I busted out laughing. heh
  • Options
    Fuck waiting two weeks. Its like watching your team win the conference championship, and then having to wait two weeks until the Superbowl. A lot to digest tonight, and I definately need to watch it a couple more times. AJ once again delivers a really good performance. The scene where he tries to kill himself and Tony jumped in had my heart racing. Everything seems to be coming apart at the seams. A superb episode tonight.
    Once in a while you can get shown the light, in the strangest of places if you look at it right.
  • Options
    great episode tonight.....

GREAT FUCKING EPISODE TONIGHT!!!!!!!

FUCK YEAH!!!!!!!

best hour of television i've seen since i don't know when......:D:D
  • Options
    Did anybody think for a second that Meadow was going to get killed at the restaurant?
  • Options
    Did anybody think for a second that Meadow was going to get killed at the restaurant?

I didn't. I thought the guy she was with was going to get the shit beat out of him though.
  • Options
    culot4 wrote:
    I didn't. I thought the guy she was with was going to get the shit beat out of him though.

that's what i thought too.....
  • Options
    Paulie said something real funny when Tony was telling the guys about taking peyote. Something about someone slipping something in his drink back in '68, and seeing lazer beams shooting out of Junior's eyes. I love how Paulie always knows the exact year when he is telling one of his stories.
  • Options
    SPEEDY MCCREADYSPEEDY MCCREADY Posts: 24,939
    culot4 wrote:
    Paulie said something real funny when Tony was telling the guys about taking peyote. Something about someone slipping something in his drink back in '68, and seeing lazer beams shooting out of Junior's eyes. I love how Paulie always knows the exact year when he is telling one of his stories.

i like tonys line about a.j.......

maybe its just because he is a fucking idiot.....

historically thats been the situation.....
    Take me piece by piece.....
    Till there aint nothing left worth taking away from me.....
  • Options
    Anybody catch the title of the book Sil was reading when Tony walked in? Something about fixing problems or something. Yes Paulie always has great lines. hehe
  • Options
    timrothtimroth Posts: 215
    Anybody catch the title of the book Sil was reading when Tony walked in? Something about fixing problems or something. Yes Paulie always has great lines. hehe

I think the book was "how to clean everything". That made me laugh.
  • Options
    Garden DoggGarden Dogg Posts: 226

the book was "how to clean everything." fucking hilarious!
    "let's hug it out, bitch."

"and onward goes this thing of ours."
  • Options

Under different circumstances that would have been a really funny line but I thought it was just sad. I didn't like that Tony said he was ashamed of his son right after he tried to kill himself.
  • Options
    culot4 wrote:
    Under different circumstances that would have been a really funny line but I thought it was just sad. I didn't like that Tony said he was ashamed of his son right after he tried to kill himself.

The scene after he pulled him out of the water was sad. Tony repeating it's ok baby, it's ok baby. I have to watch it again but I think he was saying that.
  • Options
    the book was "how to clean everything." fucking hilarious!
    thank you for the title, yes fucking hilarious
  • Options
    QuarterToTenQuarterToTen Cincinnati, Ohio Posts: 3,630
    culot4 wrote:

A.J.'s suicide attempted suicide is looked upon as the ultimate weakness in that culture, a bitter pill for Tony to swallow.

we all want the best for our children, and as parents i'm sure
    he and carmela feel like failures.

the look on Tony's face as he walked in the the psychiatric unit at the
    very end said it all.
    Nice shirt.
  • Options
    The scene after he pulled him out of the water was sad. Tony repeating it's ok baby, it's ok baby. I have to watch it again but I think he was saying that.

That is exactly what he was saying. Once in a while Tony actually resembles a real human being. That was a very powerful scene.
  • Options
    rriversrrivers Posts: 3,693

Yeah I thought that was a great line as well.

Fantastic episode tonight. I think that was the best one this season. Great, great episode.
    "We're fixed good, lamp-wise."
  • Options
    So the final won't be two hrs long I just heard. Alot to take care of in just two episodes.
  • Options
    mammasanmammasan Posts: 5,656
    Amazing episode last night. The scene with Tony and AJ by the pool was incredible. After last night's episode I soooo want Tony to put a fucking bullet in Butchie's and Phil's head. I'm sure if someone from Tony's crew had done that to Phil's daughetr he would have killed them without hestitation.
    "When one gets in bed with government, one must expect the diseases it spreads." - Ron Paul