Options

I want to choke my coworker

bostonloubostonlou Posts: 2,849
edited October 2012 in All Encompassing Trip
all she wants to do is put together meetings or conference calls to discuss problems instead of just solving them and letting everyone know the solution

there could be a problem with a 2 minute solution but she'll schedule a hour long meeting during which we'll solve nothing and just go off on random tangents

it's gotten to the point where I just say I don't know anything about the issues and refuse to go to the meetings

she also does less work than I do all day... which is hard to do as my post count shows

she spends most of her time gossiping or talking about inane shit like britney spears or 24.

sometimes when she's in the cube next to mine for too long I call her desk so that she'll stop talking and run to see who's on the phone. i hang up before she gets there. I do this probably 3-4 times a day

but this sometimes backfires as she then proceeds to call her mom (she's 44 with a 4 year old that the mother watches)... and they talk about nothing for long periods

thankfully she's stopped talking to the kid on the phone... but for a while all I would hear every few hours is "ARE YOU BEING A GOOD BOY FOR GRANDMA???" "YOU HAVE TO BE GOOD"

i don't bother anyone during the work day... why can't she be more like me?

oh she also makes it a point to tell her stories in either an awful high pitch squealing voice... or she'll make fun of another person if they're not american... she tries to imitate indians, irish, and asian people... but the voice always sounds the same

thanks for listening ;)
Don't Believe Everything You Think
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    bostonlou wrote:
    all she wants to do is put together meetings or conference calls to discuss problems instead of just solving them and letting everyone know the solution

there could be a problem with a 2 minute solution but she'll schedule a hour long meeting during which we'll solve nothing and just go off on random tangents

it's gotten to the point where I just say I don't know anything about the issues and refuse to go to the meetings

she also does less work than I do all day... which is hard to do as my post count shows

she spends most of her time gossiping or talking about inane shit like britney spears or 24.

sometimes when she's in the cube next to mine for too long I call her desk so that she'll stop talking and run to see who's on the phone. i hang up before she gets there. I do this probably 3-4 times a day

but this sometimes backfires as she then proceeds to call her mom (she's 44 with a 4 year old that the mother watches)... and they talk about nothing for long periods

thankfully she's stopped talking to the kid on the phone... but for a while all I would hear every few hours is "ARE YOU BEING A GOOD BOY FOR GRANDMA???" "YOU HAVE TO BE GOOD"

oh she also makes it a point to tell her stories in either an awful high pitch squealing voice... or she'll make fun of another person if they're not american... she tries to imitate indians, irish, and asian people... but the voice always sounds the same

thanks for listening ;)

1. Chloroform coworker

2. Open skull

3. Scoop out brain

4. Replace skull

5. Work in peace
    www.myspace.com/olafvonmastadon
  • Options
    mookie9999mookie9999 Posts: 4,677
    bostonlou wrote:

thanks for listening ;)

Is this the one who can't figure out "Lost"?? Sounds like a winner!
    "The leads are weak!"

"The leads are weak? Fuckin' leads are weak? You're Weak! I've Been in this business 15 years"

"What's your name?"

"FUCK YOU! THAT"S MY NAME!"
  • Options
    HawkshoreHawkshore Posts: 2,148
    bostonlou wrote:

thanks for listening ;)

Where the fuck is her boss??? With his or her head up their ass
    Van 92.07.21 / Van 98.07.19 / Sea 98.07.22 / Tor 98.08.22 / Sea 00.11.06 / Van 03.05.30/ Van 05.09.02/ Gorge 06.07.22 & 23 / EV Van 08.04.02 / Tor 09.08.21 / Sea 09.09.21 & 22 / Van 09.09.25 / Van 11.09.25 / Van 13.12.04 / Pem 16.07.17 / Sea 18.08.10
  • Options
    ajedigeckoajedigecko \m/deplorable af \m/ Posts: 2,430
    choke her chicken....
    live and let live...unless it violates the pearligious doctrine.
  • Options
    know1know1 Posts: 6,761
    You probably annoy her just as much.
    The only people we should try to get even with...
    ...are those who've helped us.

Right 'round the corner could be bigger than ourselves.
  • Options
    bovy_jbovy_j Posts: 1,008
    Fight the bitch.
  • Options
    bovy_jbovy_j Posts: 1,008
    Or just scream that you're BostonLou and Pearl Jam will play in your back yard one day. THEN fight the bitch.
  • Options
    Superglue her phone to the receiver.

THEN call her.

Make your life a mission - not an intermission. - Arnold Gasglow
  • Options
    bostonlou wrote:

Sounds like the definition of blamestorming to me.
    I'll scream my lungs out...'til I fill this thread!
  • Options
    WhizbangWhizbang Posts: 1,314
    you sure she's not 35 and calls herself "Jenny"??? I worked for a girl just like this. she stayed with the company for 6 months....she didn't play well in the sand box. When she rudely and condescendingly questioned a person with more seniority & experience, she prefaced by saying "I'm not trying to be a bitch"....to which my other co-worker replied "well, you're being one". I almost died right there. Good ol' Jenny opened herself up for that one.....

just give her enough rope to hang herself, she'll do it eventually.
    believe it or not, we don't "need" anything. that is only the spoiled brat in us trying to fill some temporary solution to an emptyness that does not exist.

I have eaten so much gold I crapped excellence - drtyfrnk29

Life is either a daring adventure or nothing at all!
  • Options
    LizardLizard So Cal Posts: 12,083
    bostonlou wrote:

Sounds like that nut job Judge in the Anna Nicole case yesterday!! Maybe they are related?? :)
    So I'll just lie down and wait for the dream
    Where I'm not ugly and you're lookin' at me
  • Options
    PJ_LukinPJ_Lukin Posts: 2,049
    You only have one of those people? Consider yourself lucky!
    Where I work at Ultrabigmegacorp Inc., we have 'em by the boat load! What's worse is they are all from Texas or Minnesota and they do it by net meetings or conference calls!
    Now I have nothing against those 2 fine states, but when you are born and raised in New York, there are only so many y'alls and ay's? that you can take in an 8 hour day, day after day, week after week... you get my point.

I feel better now.
    ~!~ Peace ~!~ Love ~!~ Pearl Jam ~!~
  • Options
    NY PJ1NY PJ1 Posts: 9,533
    i'm sure she loves u :rolleyes:
  • Options
    brain of cbrain of c Posts: 5,213
    listen to the voices in your head.
  • Options
    bookmusebookmuse Posts: 277
    bostonlou wrote:

thanks for listening ;)

Sounds like the meetings are her way of doing less actual work. I empathize with you, my biggest pet peeve (sp ?) is attending so many ineffective and time wasting meetings. Where is her manager??? She probably kisses up to the manager too huh?
    "Speak your mind even if your voice shakes" ~ M Kuhn
  • Options
    South of SeattleSouth of Seattle West Seattle Posts: 10,708
    bostonlou wrote:

thanks for listening ;)

I worked with this lady once. She was my Boss. She only liked me because I was liberal like her. That woman scheduled so many worthless meetings and employee empowerment classes. Then she'd bitch at people for internet usage and would sit at her desk and online shop all day long.

Luckily she was laid off since we had 2 managers in my dept. She was one of the main reasons I switched to nights.
    NERDS!
  • Options
    suns rivalsuns rival Posts: 15,926
    bostonlou wrote:
    or she'll make fun of another person if they're not american... she tries to imitate indians, irish, and asian people... but the voice always sounds the same

thanks for listening ;)

what the FUCK? :mad: im an asian. then go ahead, choke her. you have my permission.
    scratching my butt...
    kinakamot ang aking puwit...
    me rascando pompis...
    krap mijn reet...
    boku no ketsuoana o kizu...
    bahrosh teezy...
  • Options
    bostonlou wrote:

thanks for listening ;)

I just started my tenure in the corporate world, but I have the same exact kind of person that is my supervisor. Instead of just actually being the boss and doing something and just letting us all know how we are going to do it he brings together these meetings and everyone just talks in circles and we accomplish nothing.

Personally I think it annoys me the most is because hes 24 years old (im only 21, but this still annoys me) and is only in the position he's in because he's a cheeseball ass kisser. He lives at home with his parents and doesnt pay any bills, and is making upwards of 80,000 a year. I really hope he gets phased out and I can apply for his job because I GUARUNTEE I could do a better job.

Office Jobs are so predictable. But none the less, I feel your pain. Big time.
  • Options
    god, I know all about annoying colleagues! Hell is office life, it really is.
    "We have to change the concept of patriotism to one of “matriotism” — love of humanity that transcends war. A matriarch would never send her own children off to wars that kill other people’s children." Cindy Sheehan
    ---
    London, Brixton, 14 July 1993
    London, Wembley, 1996
    London, Wembley, 18 June 2007
    London, O2, 18 August 2009
    London, Hammersmith Apollo (Ed solo), 31 July 2012
    Milton Keynes Bowl, 11 July 2014
    London, Hammersmith Apollo (Ed solo), 06 June 2017
    London, O2, 18 June 2018
    London, O2, 17 July 2018
    Amsterdam, Afas Live (Ed solo), 09 June 2019
    Amsterdam, Afas Live (Ed solo), 10 June 2019

• Options
    JOEJOEJOEJOEJOEJOE Posts: 10,449
    My office isn't far from the kitchen at my firm, so I have to hear yakkity co-workers raise their voices to discuss things as mundane as the traffic or the weather.

My solution is to go talk to them just like Dr. Cox on SCRUBS.

I make a few enemies here and there, but I find it soothing to demean those who don't think of the environment they disturb when they chat too loud! However, one thing I never do is pull rank on them when I tell them to pipe down!....that would cause an uproar!

They tell me to close my office door, but if I did that, it would mean that the terrorists won!
  • Options
    I feel for you. I had a boss who would do nothing but speak to her relatives all day in a foreign language. When she wasn't doing this, she would shop on E-Bay until they banned her for not paying for anything she won.

To top it off, she would beg the people who worked for her to go shopping with her in the store next door during work hours. Then she would return everything the next day and buy more stuff.

She did no work during the week and saved everything until the weekend so that she could require all of us to work so that she could get overtime and free food. She finally got canned for stealing from the company.

It does feel good to vent!

Good luck, Lou. I am sure that you can find a way to remedy this!
  • Options
    libragirllibragirl Posts: 4,632
    It sounds like what goes on at my job. People can't waste enough time.
    These cuts are leaving creases. Trace the scars to fit the pieces, to tell the story, you don't need to say a word.
  • Options
    normnorm I'm always home. I'm uncool. Posts: 31,146
    Reading this thread makes me glad I don't work in corporate environment anymore. :)
  • Options
    Thorns2010Thorns2010 Posts: 2,199
    Damn man, I worked in an office for 4 months and I couldn't handle it. I didn't really come across any problems like this...but still.....why the fuck do you people do jobs like this??? :D
  • Options
    culot4culot4 Posts: 775
    I could never work in an enviornment like that. Meetings about meetings and shit and nothing ever gets done...fuck that. I would never survive at a job that wouldn't let me be independent. I feel sorry for all of you slaves to the grind. Don't say the money is worth it either, it isn't.
    Once in a while you can get shown the light, in the strangest of places if you look at it right.
  • Options
    enharmonicenharmonic Posts: 1,917
    bostonlou wrote:

thanks for listening ;)

Welcome to my world, bostonlou. now, multiply that by 4 managers who do the exact same thing, and expect that i can still complete my assigned work.

Last week, I sent out a broadcast e-mail advising that my dance card was full, and that I have no interest in supporting a dog and pony show when I know what needs to be done. I also said that I need another fancy power point presentation like I need another hole in the head, and that nothing these so-called "strategic meetings" have set out to do has been accomplished...failing to result in earned value for our sector.

I received "counseling" for being too "abrasive".

I'd like to throatfuck 'em all with a donkey cock.
  • Options
    Penny453Penny453 Posts: 200
    there's a few people I'd like to choke at work.
    "And even when I'm right with you I'm so far away"
  • Options
    bostonloubostonlou Posts: 2,849
    lol

forgot i started this thread... the drinks must of blurred the memory of it :)

her boss doesn't sit in our area anymore...

and my boss... who was her old boss... really doesn't care... and was out of the office anyway

and yes we have more than 1 of her... it's just that she's the closest to my cube

oh and she loves me... i'm good at playing the game and smiling along

although when she tries to gossip with me I usually just go back to my computer and start typing

usually she takes the hint
    Don't Believe Everything You Think
  • Options
    ReleasHReleasH Posts: 743
    I'm not in the corporate world, but there are days when I feel like I am being slowly powerpointed to death at school. Then they have a meeting to discuss "student wellness" ... I just want to scream that if they really cared about "wellness" they'd give us the day off from classes rather than subject us to another meeting about ways to reduce stress.
  • Options
    1. Chloroform coworker

2. Open skull

3. Scoop out brain

4. Replace skull

5. Work in peace
    plan b: revolver.
    Come on pilgrim you know he loves you..

http://www.wishlistfoundation.org

Oh my, they dropped the leash.

Morgan Freeman/Clint Eastwood 08' for President!

"Make our day"