Kids say the darndest things : Part 2

Comments

• mindimindi Posts: 1,858
    this was a convo between my 4 & 5 year olds in the back seat:

kenzie(4): Which one is more amazinger: God or Santa?
    haley(5): God.

disclaimer: I am in no way religious, nor have we ever gone to church. I'm shocked that a 5 year old could think anybody is more amazinger than Santa!
    :D that is soo cute!

Me and Clara had sort of the same conversation about who was more adorable-er, her or Eddie. :p I told her she is way adorable-er than him. But she thinks Stone wins the contest!
    To 10c; "Your PJ tshirt should be tight enough to show you're a woman and loose enough to show you're a lady." - bionicamy
  • Pardon me..but my mom reported this conversation following a trip to the grocery store when she saw a woman she used to teach school with

Mom's version of the conversation:
    Woman: Well hey how are you?
    Mom: I'm fine, how about you?
    Well, I just blew out my knees
    Oh no, are you going to have to have surgery?
    What?
    Well, you said you blew out your knees, I wondered if you needed surgery.
    No, I said I JUST BURIED MY NIECE!
    All I have to do is revel in the everyday....then do it again tomorrow

They say every sin is deadly but I believe they may be wrong...I'm guilty of all seven and I don't feel too bad at all
  • my 5 year old asked me how reindeer flew. I said I did not know but perhaps Santa gave them magic powers or something. he turns to me and says. Maybe it's in their DNA

I agreed and then turned my head and laughed to myself! Fucking DNA...my kid's a-ok!
    Let's Go Red Sox!
  • stargirl69stargirl69 Posts: 6,387
    Work was having our annual inspection by the education department.
    One of the inspectors was watching a kid glue photo's into their book.The kid didn't want one of the photo's in the book.The inspector asked him why,the kid replied "cause its fucking crap innit"

Ah a priceless gem.
    “There should be a place where only the things you want to happen, happen”
  • mindimindi Posts: 1,858
    My sweet Clara,3, has had a cold for a few days. She snoozed for about 4-5 hours yesterday. So last night I told her since she had such a long nap she would never go to bed that night and I would have to stay up with her.
    So she said that I could go to bed and when she got tired she would just lay down on the chowch and sleep. chowch :p It will forever be a chowch now, not couch or sofa.
    To 10c; "Your PJ tshirt should be tight enough to show you're a woman and loose enough to show you're a lady." - bionicamy
  • lockedlocked Posts: 4,038
    let's refresh this great thread with some new posts people..

:)
    "This here's a REQUEST!"
    EV intro to Chloe Dancer / Crown of Thorns
    10/25/13 Hartford
    locked wrote:
    after my 5 year old son sneezed 3 times in a row, he told me..

"dad, I think I'm allegric to boogies!"...

I like this one from the old days..
    "This here's a REQUEST!"
    10/25/13 Hartford
  • anothercloneanotherclone Posts: 1,688
    My daughter's (who is 8) closet was chock full of stuff. I'm talking like you could only open it a little bit and shove something in and quickly close it before the avalanche of junk would fall out. We aren't pigs but sometimes she cleans up herself and her definition of "cleaning" is just shoving junk in her closet.

So we made a deal last Sunday that we would empty the contents of the closet and throw a bunch of stuff away and get organized. As we were emptying the closet, I had to leave to take a phone call. I was away about 10 minutes. When I walked back into her room, the contents of the closet were all over the place. There wasn't any room to walk or step without stepping on something. It was a nightmare.

I said, "oh my gosh honey, this is going to be a big production isn't it?'
    She said I know!!! Can you believe all this shit was in there??

I was laughing so hard that I had to leave the room.
    LMAO! :lol:
    "This here's a REQUEST!"
    10/25/13 Hartford
  • catefrancescatefrances Posts: 29,003
    zoe(aged 10) said: you mean to tell me all that maths you were doing was so you could buy booze???
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
    zoe(aged 10) said: you mean to tell me all that maths you were doing was so you could buy booze???

did you say "yes dear. exactly." :lol:
  • Nothingman54Nothingman54 Posts: 2,251
    my 2 year old boy has been watching happy gilmore cause he liks to watch people hit golf balls and one part of the movie someone says holy shit and my son said it crystal ten seconds before the guy in the movie saic it
    I'll be back
    bump!
    "This here's a REQUEST!"
    10/25/13 Hartford
  • Cinnamon GirlCinnamon Girl Posts: 1,854
    My boy Colby, age 6, explaining how fish get from the lake to the dinner table to his 3 year old sister:

"Some people think that you have to kill the fish, but you don't, you only have to put it out of its misery" :?
    05-10-06, 08-05-07, 06-14-08 , 08-12-08(EV), 06-11-09(EV), 06-12-09(EV), 08-21-09, 05-10-10, 09-11-11, 09-12-11, 07-16-13, 07-19-13, 10-12-13, 10-21-13, 10-22-13,
  • When Michael Jackson passed, my three year old caught a picture of him on TV. He turn to me and said...."Daddy, who is that scary lady?"
    I can't teach common sense.
  • Black DiamondBlack Diamond Posts: 25,107
    My middle one (6 years old) was watching a movie in the basement with my wife. When he came up I asked if it was good. He repplied, there was quite a lot of innapropriate material for children in it. He said the film was rated PG-13 but should have been an R. :mrgreen:
    GoiMTvP.gif
  • My son, then 3, was on the toilet doing a #2 and in a strained voice ask, "Dada who come I talk different when I poop?" And then adding "Do you talk different when you poop? How about Mama?"

My other son when 3 was having a speech evaluation. A professional was showing him pictures to test his vocab, she held up a picture of a zipper, my son says, "A barn door". She looked puzzled and I began laughing, then explaining I had told him a few times and going to the bathroom that his barn door was open and to zip it up.

Potty humor can we ever get enough?
  • BhagavadGitaBhagavadGita Posts: 1,748
    My roommates 3yr old went to visit Grandpa in Arkansas for 3 weeks.

One morning, out of the blue he says "I hate Obama!"

I said, "why?"

He said "I just hate him"

eeek.
  • This reminds me of James Quall's Bill Cosby impersonation. "Kid's say the darndest things. Spaghetti and meatballs."
    When Michael Jackson passed, my three year old caught a picture of him on TV. He turn to me and said...."Daddy, who is that scary lady?"

during that same time when the news channels were all running those retrospective stories, a lot of the shows had pictures and performances when Michael was still young (and black).

My daughter said "he looked a lot more happier when his skin was brown".
    this is a thread that needs a serious bump>>
    :D
    "This here's a REQUEST!"
    10/25/13 Hartford
  • youngsteryoungster Posts: 6,576
    My 2 yr son and I play tackle football. He will run at me and tackle me as I fall back. Well, one night I did this and after was talking to my wife while laying on my back. My son suddenly jumps on my chest and nails me in the solarplexes causing me to lose my breath. I was laying there for about 30 seconds kind of grunting and trying to catch my breath. My son starts pointing at me yelling, "STOP STOP STOP STOP STOP"

My wife asked him, "Stop what?"

He says pointing at me, "Stop whining like a baby, daddy."
    He who forgets will be destined to remember.

9/29/04 Boston, 6/28/08 Mansfield, 8/23/09 Chicago, 5/15/10 Hartford
    5/17/10 Boston, 10/15/13 Worcester, 10/16/13 Worcester, 10/25/13 Hartford
    8/5/16 Fenway, 8/7/16 Fenway
    EV Solo: 6/16/11 Boston, 6/18/11 Hartford,
  • My 2 year old brother calls his weewee "a trunk!" it is quite hilarious.
    Shows:
    Seattle Key Arena 9-21-2009
    Seattle Key Arena 9-22-2009
  • locked wrote:
    another "Guitar hero III" moment..

My 7 year old did the Mikey "closed eyes / head back" during the his "even flow" solo..

Think I've been playing PJ DVD's a little much?

Oh my god...that is hilarious. I'd love to see a picture or a video of your son doin' the Mike!
    The oceans made me, but who came up with love?

"You put some udder cream on that shit?" ~EV 5/17/10
  • cincybearcatcincybearcat Posts: 16,358
    Before christmas, my wife and I were in the car with our 2.5 year old girl. We were on our way home from the mall. We had seen a friend of her's sitting on Santa's lap but my daughter didn't want any part of that.

I asked her, "How is Santa going to know what you want for christmas if you don't tell him?"

My wife said "Are you going to write him a letter?"

My daughter said "No, I already emailed him".

I have no idea where she even knew about email from. I almost wrecked the car in my laughter.
    hippiemom = goodness
    I told me nine year old son he needed to do three things before he could play xbox 360 the other night:

me: Get in your pajamas.

son: OK

me: Put your clothes in their drawers

son: OK

me: Brush your teeth

son: You HAD to go there... didn't you Dad?!

:D

(he hates to brush his teeth!)
    "This here's a REQUEST!"
    10/25/13 Hartford
  • Drowned OutDrowned Out Posts: 6,056
    My four yr old and I, after he got out of bed:

me: c'mon, back to bed.
    him: I can't sleep tho, daddy.
    me: just keep your eyes closed bud, you'll fall asleep.
    him: but I can't sleep with the music on.
    me: what music? there's no music playing..
    him: but I hear it!
    me: where? in your head?
    him: (big frown) YES! I can't turn it down.
  • AmentsChickAmentsChick Posts: 6,969
    I had the following conversation with a 3 year old yesterday. (As we all know, 3 years is the best age for darndest sayings.)

M: Why is Swiper bad?
    Me: Because every story has to have an antagonist.
    M: I know what an antagonist is.
    Me: You do??
    M: Yeah, a fox!
    This is the greatest band in the world -- Ben Harper

• This one came from the wife.

The boys, 7 & 5, are watching T.V.

7: "It's called a Pussy"

5: "Pussy?"

7: "Yeah, a Pussy!"

Wife, sitting near by reading, finally looks up shocked, "What did you say?"

7, "mom, the cat he's called the pussy"
    My daughter and I were driving in the car together today and she said "what are those graffiti phones used for?"

She was looking at a pay phone.

She didn't have a clue what a pay phone is.